PDA

View Full Version : Life Puppies and Kittens and Other Cute Creatures

Rain Man
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Given the spate of recent pet threads, I became curious as to the prevalence of "dog people" vs. "cat people" vs. other types of people there are. If you can find the time, would you mind completing the poll that will soon be at your feet, looking up at you with a tennis ball in its mouth and a wagging tail?

SPchief
05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Where's the poll?

el borracho
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Where's the poll?

Last I saw it was pissing in your closet and eating your shoes.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm a natural dog person, but have only owned one in my life. My wife is a huge cat person, and over the years I have been converted to their more subtle virtues. When my career slows down a bit, I look forward to getting another dog, when I can devote the necessary time to it.

SPchief
05-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I think Rainman had to take his dog for a walk.

ChiefaRoo
05-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I got your poll right here pal.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Rainman had to take his dog for a walk.

He must be making a poll with hamsters, snakes, spiders, fish, and other non-lovable pets in it. Fish are cool, and I'd like to have a salt water aquarium given unlimited time and $, but if one died I don't think I'd feel any loss.

FAX
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Where's the "Eat 'em" option?

FAX

Rain Man
05-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Where's the poll?

A good poll is like a fine wine. It takes time to make a good one, and it shouldn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Where's the "Eat 'em" option?

FAX

Was going to post the same thing.

el borracho
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Birds are the worst pets ever, in case anyone was wondering.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
He must be making a poll with hamsters, snakes, spiders, fish, and other non-lovable pets in it. Fish are cool, and I'd like to have a salt water aquarium given unlimited time and $, but if one died I don't think I'd feel any loss.

Most of the time it doesn't bother me too much when one of our fish dies, but when Aces texted me and told me that Speedy, our minature catfish died I was very upset. The little guy was the only one out of 13 fish that hadn't died or gotten sick over the last year.

I would love to get a cat or a dog....

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Agreed. I absolutely refuse to allow one in my home.

Bugeater
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I captured 4 baby bunnies a couple days ago when I was mowing. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to kill them or keep them as pets.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM

First hand experience?

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
I captured 4 baby bunnies a couple days ago when I was mowing. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to kill them or keep them as pets.

Please don't kill them!!!!! I'm not kidding, please please don't kill them.

cdcox

Consider them to be Hossenfeffer futures.

Bugeater
A former employer of mine had a parrot, that thing was the most annoying animal ever.

Rain Man
05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I would love to get a cat or a dog....

Just out of curiosity, why don't you have one?

Bugeater
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Please don't kill them!!!!! I'm not kidding, please please don't kill them.
OK, I'll let my dog kill them. :evil:

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, why don't you have one?

We live in an apartment and I don't think it would be fair to a dog. I think I would have to talk Aces into getting a cat.

el borracho
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
First hand experience?

One of my past girlfriends had a bird. One of my good friends had a bird (that he asked me to birdsit while he was away). One of my old roommates had a bird.

I hated every one of those effing creatures.

They are LOUD and incredibly messy and they don't really like to be handled- in fact, they usually try to bite you even if you are trying to feed them or give them water. They are, without a doubt, the worst pets ever.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I think I would have to talk Aces into getting a cat.

So why don't you have a cat?

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:54 PM
So why don't you have a cat?

Just moved to a bigger place. Haven't started negotiations yet.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 09:55 PM
One of my past girlfriends had a bird. One of my good friends had a bird (that he asked me to birdsit while he was away). One of my old roommates had a bird.

I hated every one of those effing creatures.

They are LOUD and incredibly messy and they don't really like to be handled- in fact, they usually try to bite you even if you are trying to feed them or give them water. They are, without a doubt, the worst pets ever.

Yeah, I never saw the attraction. Birds are creepy, especially when they are indoors.

HolmeZz
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
antifreeze'em

Hammock Parties
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I hate cats. To me, cats are like vermin. I go out of my way to spook them and spray them with the hose. I'd stop short of running one over with my car, unless it clawed me, though.

I adore dogs and would never do anything to harm one.

Other small mammals are OK, but I don't really care one way or the other. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill a guinea pig since generally they are harmless. Unlike ****ing cats.

Fish are pretty cool to put in a tank and look at, but I'd never get emotionally attached to one.

Birds are "meh."

Snakes and shit are awesome. I'd own a snake. What I'd really like to do is set up a tank with some fish and every week I'd drop a few crawdads in. Crawdads eat anything, including each other. Every week we'd have a crawdad of the week. It'd be fun. The survivor would go on to the next week.

Large mammals are cool with me, too. I'd probably get emotionally attached to a horse. But not a ****ing llama or a sheep.

What I really want is a pet dinosaur. If I could domesticate a velociraptor to be loyal to me, I'd get one. I'd take him on walks and feel like a total badass. He would eat minorities and cats. Occasionally I'd toss a small child who annoyed me into his pen. And my webcam would draw lots of visitors.

Rain Man
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't have anything against birds, but I do have a bit of an irrational fear that they'll leap into my face and pluck one of my eyes out. I don't see birds as having a lot of love for their owners, but maybe I'm wrong. I've never really been around them.

Fish are faring remarkably well so far in this poll.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Fish are faring remarkably well so far in this poll.Of course. They're tasty.

Hammock Parties
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh! And I almost forgot. I could also ride my raptor places.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ae/McNinja.png/300px-McNinja.png

Do you think anyone would cut someone riding a raptor off?