PDA

View Full Version : Football Koren Robinson could be released from Green Bay

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
This according to Schefter on NFL network today. With our WR corp being so thin, do we take a chance on a guy who's had past problems but none recently? He's only 27 and he's had his shit together for a year or two now. I think he's turned the page and is worth a look. I remember his talent in Seattle and think it could be rekindled. What say you?

milkman
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I think it would be unwise from a PR standpoint.

Mecca
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Well the difference in him and say Jared Allen is he won't break the bank..

He has a bone on bone knee issue though that's more of a concern than anything to me.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Well the difference in him and say Jared Allen is he won't break the bank..

He has a bone on bone knee issue though that's more of a concern than anything to me.

If the price is right, the reward is worth the risk IMO.

Mecca
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Well he'd be the 2nd WR here and then I'd never have to see Jeff Webb or Bobby Sippio again...

Valiant
05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
league minimum with incentives..

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
27 years old.... get him cheap? I'd say why not?

T-post Tom
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Why not? Other than another team is going to overpay. You know it's going to happen.

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
If he can be signed for a reasonable contract, sure. I wouldn't mind seeing Bowe/Robinson/Franklin.

noa
05-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't know, this guy seems like a real idiot. In Minnesota, he was busted going 100 in a 55 while drunk. And he tried to flee from the cops. After he was already in trouble for DUIs. Oh yeah, and that was after a Pro Bowl season and the signing of a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract. If that's not incentive to stay straight, I doubt the league minimum would be.

Just doesn't seem like the type of guy we want around our team.

noa
05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I'd never have to see Bobby Sippio again...

Shut your mouth. That is blasphemy. Do you honestly think we could deal with the loss of Sippio after the whole Scanlon tragedy?

Mecca
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
In fairness to Robinson he admitted his problems went to rehab and AA.

noa
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Didn't he have that ordeal in Minn after already going through the AA thing once?

I just found this quote:

"Just in doing my research, I thought he was in a good place," coach Brad Childress said after his arrest.

That was before the whole trying to run from the cops thing.

T-post Tom
05-07-2008, 10:49 PM

Yes, but he is still a player at risk. And as General Manager, President, CEO, & Grand Puba; I have a fiscal responsibility to our owner, one Mr. Clark Hunt. And I would be derelict in that responsibility if I were to ignore Mr. Robinson's previous transgressions. As our Head Coach, one Mr. Herm Edwards, has pointed out, we all have an obligation to that Shield, and by 'that Shield', I mean the NFL Shield, and by the 'NFL Shield', I mean the National Football League Shield. Therefore, it is incumbent upon me to say that we do indeed have the BEST fans in the National Football League...

Pablo
05-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Bring him in.

Let Sippio mentor the guy, then we'll see from there.

Mecca
05-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes, but he is still a player at risk. And as General Manager, President, CEO, & Grand Puba; I have a fiscal responsibility to our owner, one Mr. Clark Hunt. And I would be derelict in that responsibility if I were to ignore Mr. Robinson's previous transgressions. As our Head Coach, one Mr. Herm Edwards, has pointed out, we all have an obligation to that Shield, and by 'that Shield', I mean the NFL Shield, and by the 'NFL Shield', I mean the National Football League Shield. Therefore, it is incumbent upon me to say that we do indeed have the BEST fans in the National Football League...

There's still a big difference in a small contract and a guy who wanted to break the bank.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Bold type.

Serious business...

T-post Tom
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Bold type.

Serious business...

It seems to fit the tenor and timbre of Carl's public discourse.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
It seems to fit the tenor and timbre of Carl's public discourse.True.

I think you're right. Carl speaks in bold type.

88TG88
05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Bring him in.

Let Sippio mentor the guy, then we'll see from there.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

stlchiefs
05-07-2008, 11:31 PM

That's sort of like a convicted felon finding Jesus in prison.

SBK
05-08-2008, 12:17 AM

Bone on bone is always a problem. Too much sausage can cause a lot of mental damage or something.

Rausch
05-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I'd be ecstatic to see him sign as a Donk...

Mecca
05-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Bone on bone is always a problem. Too much sausage can cause a lot of mental damage or something.

It's better a guy admit his problems than deny them.

Rausch
05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
It's better a guy admit his problems than deny them.

*random JA pic*

Valiant
05-08-2008, 12:59 AM

fiscal responsibility is paying him to be one of the highest paid at his position with his history of DUI's not league minimum.. Hell I would have kept the drunk JA for league minimum if offered..

tomahawk kid
05-08-2008, 06:15 AM
I think you have to bring him in assuming he'd sign for a reasonable price.

the Talking Can
05-08-2008, 06:19 AM
sure, we need camp fodder

DaKCMan AP
05-08-2008, 06:27 AM
No. If the guy can't make it in Seattle, Minny or GB (all who could use a good WR) he's not worth bringing here, especially with his off-field problems. The guy has hands of stone. I honestly feel that Devard Darling has more upside.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Schefter is reporting the Raiders and Chiefs are interested in Koren Robinson, who's now been released by the Packers.

evolve27
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Schefter is reporting the Raiders and Chiefs are interested in Koren Robinson, who's now been released by the Packers.

Just to add on that...

ESPN's John Clayton suggests that free agent Koren Robinson could land with the Raiders.

Clayton says Robinson, who was released Friday, hasn't heard much yet. But Oakland could use him on returns after losing Chris Carr and owner Al Davis loves him some former first-round picks. Robinson is reportedly also "monitoring what's going on in Kansas City," where he'd be a fantastic fit.

Mecca
05-09-2008, 06:39 PM
No. If the guy can't make it in Seattle, Minny or GB (all who could use a good WR) he's not worth bringing here, especially with his off-field problems. The guy has hands of stone. I honestly feel that Devard Darling has more upside.

Um GB has one of the best WR groups in the league.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Um GB has one of the best WR groups in the league.

That's why I think he'd be such a good fit here. He has talent. He showed it in Seattle, didn't figure it out in MN, and got buried in GB. He's been clean, he's young, and he has talent.

tomahawk kid
05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I think you bring this guy in.

If he's got half a brain, he'll come here before he goes to Oakland.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 07:59 PM

Depends on the coin. He'd be a sucker to play for cheap here if Oakland offers him millions. Look up their off season acquisitions and tell me it's impossible.

tomahawk kid
05-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Depends on the coin. He'd be a sucker to play for cheap here if Oakland offers him millions. Look up their off season acquisitions and tell me it's impossible.

Didn't Oaktown already hand Javon Walker Skelator's denture fund?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Didn't Oaktown already hand Javon Walker Skelator's denture fund?

they really have zero regard for the cap. Look who else they've paid big bucks too. It's ridiculous.

Valiant
05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
al davis = skeletor???

Hey I only spent twenty minutes on it...

CHIEF MARLBORO
05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Koren Robinson is not one of the black folk. He's one of the others. Rac-----!!!!!!!

RadeAM2
05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Why talk about this if it hasn't happened yet?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Why talk about this if it hasn't happened yet?

I bumped it because it happened today. Welcome to Chiefsplanet, we post rumors here sometimes.

RadeAM2
05-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh, okay. I'm sorry, so how does this affect the Chiefs?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh, okay. I'm sorry, so how does this affect the Chiefs?

Adam Schefter is reporting they're interested in his services. The original point of the thread was because I felt he would be a good fit here. Of course, I'm sure you read it and come to that deduction on your own.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2008, 06:44 AM

Half a brain means he could be retarted, so you're probably right!

tomahawk kid
05-10-2008, 07:14 AM

You think Oakland's any better off than we are right now?

tomahawk kid
05-10-2008, 07:14 AM
they really have zero regard for the cap. Look who else they've paid big bucks too. It's ridiculous.

True enough.

morphius
05-10-2008, 08:06 AM
As little as we want to throw the ball, I can't imagine we could afford to have a guy that feels the need to drop so many damn balls. Always drove me nuts watching him.

blueballs
05-10-2008, 09:05 AM

spam breeder

blueballs
05-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Chiefs | Team has some interest in K. Robinson
Tue, 13 May 2008 09:07:15 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs had initially expressed interest in free-agent WR Koren Robinson (Packers) when the Green Bay Packers were dangling him in trade talks

blueballs
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
sorry Koren
nobody cares

RNR
05-13-2008, 01:08 PM
You think Oakland's any better off than we are right now?

Yes

tomahawk kid
05-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes

Good luck with that.

RNR
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Good luck with that.

And good luck to you less anything related to your team :)

MIAdragon
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes

LMAO:thumb:

evolve27
05-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Per Rotoworld:

Koren Robinson-WR-Packers May. 14 - 7:17 pm et

The Cowboys reportedly have no interest in free agent Koren Robinson.

Robinson is known to be on Oakland's radar, but it appears owner Al Davis is in no rush to sign him. The Chiefs would be smart to step up their efforts. Dallas is surprisingly confident with the receivers currently on its roster.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Is this guy too expensive for the Chiefs? I hope they are looking hard at signing him, because I'm certain he's not another Rod Gardner.

tomahawk kid
05-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Based on Herm's comments today in the Star, we aren't signing anymore WR's until he go to training camp.

We'll see if he's playing Poker or not.

Of course, that quote could be weeks old meaning Herm said that before Robinson became available.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-24-2008, 12:11 AM
It's ridiculous to me that we haven't signed this kid to a cheap contract. It costs nothing to see if he's serious about succeeding, and we come up golden if he is. Risk vs. Reward makes this inactivity just stoopid.