PDA

View Full Version : Misc so someone knocks on the door last night...

seclark
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
about 9:30. some kid in his early 20's. beat up pretty bad. face "swolled" up and bloody. said he wasn't from around here and 3guys brought him out to the country, beat the pi$$ out of him and left him along the road.

i let him use the phone, but whoever he tried to call, wasn't answering. so i offered to take him to town and drop him off at a motel.

on the way to town, he told me he was originally from arkansas, and came to n.missouri to live w/his cousin and work at the pork plant over by milan. said the cousin got drunk and accused him of bumping uglies w/his wife, so he was told to get his shit together(he had a walmart sack full of clothes). the plan was to take this guy out in the middle of nowhere and just drop him off. he kept saying he knew they were going to beat the hell out of him...he was right.

the guy seemed a little slow(maybe cause he'd just had the hell beat out of him), but was wanting to pay me for gas, which i refused. i dropped him off at a super8 and told him he might consider getting the f@ck back to arkansas, but he said he thought he would head for omaha and start his life over.

as i drove out of the parking lot, he was standing at the front desk, checking into the motel w/the clerk giving him the evil eye.

strange...needless to say, when i got home, the wife had every door to the house locked and bolted. oh yeah...and both dogs were still in their houses by the garage door, sleeping peacefully...worthless mutts.

the wife says i should have called the law...what for?
sec

stlchiefs
05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you did a nice thing. After the beating he received it doesn't sound like this guy was much of a threat. He must've been a bit slow if he got in the car with some guys he knew were going to beat the piss out of him.

That being said, did you get any pics of his swolled up face?

Rain Man
05-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Did you go looking for the wife? I'll bet she's out there somewhere, too.

I'd've probably called the cops, but I have no sense of adventure.

Frazod
05-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Sounds like you did the right thing. It's not your place to call the cops; it's his.

seclark
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Sounds like you did a nice thing. After the beating he received it doesn't sound like this guy was much of a threat. He must've been a bit slow if he got in the car with some guys he knew were going to beat the piss out of him.

That being said, did you get any pics of his swolled up face?

he was a pretty good sized boy...when he got in the truck, he asked if he could smoke. i don't, but i figured, what the hell, go ahead. when he started digging around in his pockets, i thought, "is this guy going to pull out a shank and gig me?", but he didn't, so i got that going for me.

no pics, but he's short 1.5 teeth this morning.
sec

seclark
05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Did you go looking for the wife? I'll bet she's out there somewhere, too.

I'd've probably called the cops, but I have no sense of adventure.

i did drive up and down the road after i got back from town. nothing, but dark trees.
sec

Old Dog
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds like you did the right thing. It's not your place to call the cops; it's his.

+1

Demonpenz
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Knock knock knockin on seclarks door hey hey
hey hey hey

Pennywise
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I'd have shanked you.

seclark
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd have shanked you.

i know...if it was you, i'd have had the wife take you to town.
sec

Mr. Plow
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
The cousin must have been pretty threatened by the guy to have him and two friends beat the piss out of him.

Man up and fight your own fight.

Pennywise
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Just out of curiousity, does the pork plant bring in the same assload amount of illegals that the local chicken plant does where I live?

Frazod
Years ago, I was driving through nowhere West Virginia in the middle of the night, on my way back to Norfolk from Missouri. This was before the interstate went through the mountains all the way, and part of the trip was on US 60. On a rare flat stretch east of Charleston, I saw a body lying by the side of the road. I slowed down to get a look - it appeared to be someboy just laying there asleep. My first instinct was to stop, but it then occurred to me that (a) I was in the middle of unfamiliar territory in the middle of a pitch black night (b) unarmed (c) no way of calling for help (this was years before cellphones) and (d) wasn't Deliverance set in West Virginia? Well, screw that; I didn't stop. I did call the police and report it when I hit the next town, though. I know that was the smart thing to do. But I'll always wonder if my not stopping to help cost that guy his life.

seclark
The cousin must have been pretty threatened by the guy to have him and two friends beat the piss out of him.

i brought that to his attention. from his description it sounded like a pretty trashed up family. including him, unfortunately.
sec

seclark
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Just out of curiousity, does the pork plant bring in the same assload amount of illegals that the local chicken plant does where I live?

big time.
sec

Pennywise
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
big time.
sec

Do you have a Supermercado and semi pro chilishitter soccer teams with uniforms and the works?

bkkcoh
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Maybe the 2 other guys were beating him up because they were bumping uglies with the guys wife also and didn't want the additional competition.

seclark
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Years ago, I was driving through nowhere West Virginia in the middle of the night, on my way back to Norfolk from Missouri. This was before the interstate went through the mountains all the way, and part of the trip was on US 60. On a rare flat stretch east of Charleston, I saw a body lying by the side of the road. I slowed down to get a look - it appeared to be someboy just laying there asleep. My first instinct was to stop, but it then occurred to me that (a) I was in the middle of unfamiliar territory in the middle of a pitch black night (b) unarmed (c) no way of calling for help (this was years before cellphones) and (d) wasn't Deliverance set in West Virginia? Well, screw that; I didn't stop. I did call the police and report it when I hit the next town, though. I know that was the smart thing to do. But I'll always wonder if my not stopping to help cost that guy his life.

yep...i'm only about 5miles out of town, and it's not the "boonies" to me. but if i didn't live anywhere near here, and a pack of thugs wailed on me and dumped me out, i could see that it would be pretty confusing surroundings.
sec

Kylo Ren
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
about 9:30. some kid in his early 20's. beat up pretty bad. face "swolled" up and bloody. said he wasn't from around here and 3guys brought him out to the country, beat the pi$$ out of him and left him along the road.

i let him use the phone, but whoever he tried to call, wasn't answering. so i offered to take him to town and drop him off at a motel.

on the way to town, he told me he was originally from arkansas, and came to n.missouri to live w/his cousin and work at the pork plant over by milan. said the cousin got drunk and accused him of bumping uglies w/his wife, so he was told to get his shit together(he had a walmart sack full of clothes). the plan was to take this guy out in the middle of nowhere and just drop him off. he kept saying he knew they were going to beat the hell out of him...he was right.

the guy seemed a little slow(maybe cause he'd just had the hell beat out of him), but was wanting to pay me for gas, which i refused. i dropped him off at a super8 and told him he might consider getting the f@ck back to arkansas, but he said he thought he would head for omaha and start his life over.

as i drove out of the parking lot, he was standing at the front desk, checking into the motel w/the clerk giving him the evil eye.

strange...needless to say, when i got home, the wife had every door to the house locked and bolted. oh yeah...and both dogs were still in their houses by the garage door, sleeping peacefully...worthless mutts.

sec

Next time take him to the local police station.

seclark
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Do you have a Supermercado and semi pro chilishitter soccer teams with uniforms and the works?

LMAO
a few years ago, on of them accidentally fell through like 3 safety cages into the sausage grinder while it was running. meat tasted funny for a week after that.
sec

seclark
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM

like i said...he's a big boy. if he wanted to go to the cops, all he had to do was ask.
sec

stlchiefs
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
no pics, but he's short 1.5 teeth this morning.
sec

Assuming he wasn't getting any actions with the wife, that really sucks for this guy. Working at a pork plant I'd guess he doesn't have the cash for major dental work right now. Bad teeth, bad family, no home, leaving town, that guy is SOL.

Frazod
05-09-2008, 09:23 AM
LMAO
a few years ago, on of them accidentally fell through like 3 safety cages into the sausage grinder while it was running. meat tasted funny for a week after that.
sec

Still had that south-of-the-border flavor, even without the salsa. :evil:

stlchiefs
05-09-2008, 09:27 AM
LMAO
sec

that's called chorizo

Pennywise
05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
that's called chorizo

Nice.

beach tribe
05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Good job sec. I've been on both ends of that scenario.

patteeu
05-09-2008, 10:05 AM

sec

This is like a lifetime of sec posts in one.

seclark
05-09-2008, 10:07 AM
This is like a lifetime of sec posts in one.

i'll try it again in 8 years.
sec

blueballs
05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
The price of gas has gotten so high
you have to have your buddies beat the shit out of you
to get a ride to town to get beer

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2008, 10:23 AM

You continue to prove you are the biggest douchebag here.

crazycoffey
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Maybe the 2 other guys were beating him up because they were bumping uglies with the guys wife also and didn't want the additional competition.

that's probably true, women are such sluts...

FAX
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Interesting story. I think he was an angel. Like the ones that dropped in unannounced on Abraham that time. This guy was testing your good will and you passed.

Well played, Mr. seclark, well played.

FAX

CosmicPal
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Good job sec....However, I probably wouldn't have gone as far as you. Call it being a cynic by living in the city for such a long time, I don't know. But, I've heard that people pull this fake "I"m hurt" ploy to get in your house. They have their convict buddies waiting in a car somewhere down the street and once their goat gets inside the house, then it's show time.

I applaud you for helping that guy out...

RJ
05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=frazod;4742748](d) wasn't Deliverance set in West Virginia? QUOTE]

Deliverance was set in Georgia. West virginia has enough troubles, they don't need that added on.

QuikSsurfer
05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=frazod;4742748](d) wasn't Deliverance set in West Virginia? QUOTE]

Deliverance was set in Georgia. West virginia has enough troubles, they don't need that added on.

Lots of sightings in West Virginia.

Mothman?

http://matiss.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/mothman04.jpg

bogey
05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
You're a better man than I. I don't open my door to any strangers.

seclark
05-09-2008, 11:37 AM
You're a better man than I. I don't open my door to any strangers.

i usually don't even lock my doors.
what are you going to do? tell the guy to hit the road? he goes to the next house that's about a mile down the road and bangs on their door, or he can kick the door open over at my shed and steal a 4-wheeler or a harley. apparently the f@ckin dogs didn't give a rats a$$.
sec

teedubya
05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Interesting story. I think he was an angel. Like the ones that dropped in unannounced on Abraham that time. This guy was testing your good will and you passed.

Well played, Mr. seclark, well played.

FAX

I was thinking that it sounded like a test, as well. And sec passed.

Good job, sec. It was the good thing to do. You earned some points of grace for that one.

Pennywise
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Good job, sec. It was the good thing to do. You earned some points of grace for that one.

Isn't that a little dramatic? Besides, sec is a radical muslim cleric and going to hell.

RNR
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
You are a good man, someone needed your help you did not turn a person in need away. The world can use alot more like you well done.

StcChief
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
You are a good man, someone needed your help you did not turn a person in need away. The world can use alot more like you well done.exactly what I was thinking

good job SEC.:thumb:

siberian khatru
05-09-2008, 11:51 AM
If that's what it took to get him out of Milan, then they did him a favor.

bogey
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
what are you going to do? tell the guy to hit the road? he goes to the next house that's about a mile down the road and bangs on their door, or he can kick the door open over at my shed and steal a 4-wheeler or a harley. apparently the f@ckin dogs didn't give a rats a$$.
sec

I used to open the door to strangers. It always freaked my wife out. Too many stories about home invasions. Now, it just seems like the best thing to do is take the safe way out. I've never had someone come to my door bloody and beat up, but I suspect that would make me even more suspicious. I'm glad your situation turned out alright, but it could have easily taken an ugly turn.

seclark
05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Isn't that a little dramatic? Besides, sec is a radical muslim cleric and going to hell.

shhhh!!!
sec

MOhillbilly
05-09-2008, 12:14 PM
sec

i dont lock my doors either, bad habit i guess. but then again i got a dog thatll eat you if you dont belong.
and i keep a ballpin hammer above my front door and 'Game Over' is always handy.
you did the right thing i know ive been stuck before and folks wouldnt help out and its always a long treck.

Frazod
05-09-2008, 12:14 PM

LMAO Amen to that.

FAX
05-09-2008, 12:17 PM

LMAO

FAX

Simply Red
10-21-2009, 07:10 PM
what an awesome, funny, weird story, I like it.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks again for the ride, sec.

I know I was pretty roughed up, but you should have seen the other 30.

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2009, 07:15 PM
sounds like you did the right thing, it's up to him if he wants to call the cops or go to a hospital IMO. A nice deed you did for that kid

boogblaster
10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
You did the right thing .. guess humpy-bumpy with the wifie gets ya a few knots sometimes ....

reiko57
10-21-2009, 08:34 PM
cool story bro, one time this black whore wanted a ride to some motel, i told her to get fuckin lost and left without paying

reiko57
10-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Why are you still green dumbass.

lol long way to go pussy, keep it up, you might get it before christmas

Buck
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
lol long way to go pussy, keep it up, you might get it before christmas

Congrats, this is now my #1 goal on Chiefs Planet

scorpio
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Did they ever find out what was wrong with your cornhole?

luv
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM

I decided to help out a little too.

Buck
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Did they ever find out what was wrong with your cornhole?

What? You mean my coworker?

My pooper is just fine.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Probably would of done the same thing, but i would of answered the door with a shotgun that late at night....

KcMizzou
10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Probably would of done the same thing, but i would of answered the door with a shotgun that late at night....At 9:30?!?

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
At 9:30?!?

never know when a MU fan is going to show up...

KcMizzou
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
never know when a MU fan is going to show up...LMAO

RJ
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Probably would of done the same thing, but i would of answered the door with a shotgun that late at night....

Dang dude, you Guthrie folks shut it down early!

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
LMAO

actually kidding of course...

I always have a loaded gun by the bed, and now that the kids are older, I have one in the living room close to the door and within easy access...

Just protecting the family, you never know in todays world.. heck we were robbed blind living in a very nice upscale type neighborhood in Edmond OK. So now that I live in Guthrie kind of on the edge of town, just want to make sure the family is protected thats all...

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Dang dude, you Guthrie folks shut it down early!

Well us backwards Oklahoma hillbillies dont see much excitement here in these parts.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
i hope that you know that might not have turned out so peaceful... but you did a nice thing, just make sure you keep everything locked up at your house....

kindra68
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
You did the right thing .. guess humpy-bumpy with the wifie gets ya a few knots sometimes ....

depends on who's wife it is/was

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2009, 09:55 AM

Aw shit. Tell him we got no room up here...

seclark
10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
this happened about 1.5 years ago when i started the thread...wtf?
never saw the guy again. the wife's still locking the damn doors and it pisses me off.
sec

Fritz88
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
That was good and expected of you, Sec.

I would have probably notified the cops one way or another though. But if the guy didn't seem to bother wanting to call them, then he probably knows that he'd F*ed up big time and doesn't want the cops snooping around.

Gonzo
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Keep posting smart guy, I dont want to have to work for it.

I'm empty...

Gimmie some reload

:evil:

Saccopoo
10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Red is in damn near HOF form these days. Great thread starters, digging up all time classics like this one...

Is Chiefs Planet having a general election on Nov. 3 and SR is running for office or something like that?

GoHuge
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
A similar thing happened to a guy I know a couple months ago. He is in to drugs and other stupid shit. I guess this guy he's known almost his whole life was some kind of drug dealer or knew a place to go get pills or whatever. They got in this guy's car and I guess they where headed to the "pill shop" which was like five miles outside of the town he lives in. I guess only a couple miles outside of town that guy turned down a different road and the dude I know just figured they where going a different way.

After driving like three miles on a gravel road they stopped when they got to this bridge. The guy I know still didn't think anything was strange because he knew this guy (or thought) so well. He told Brad to get out and he figured they where going to do something fun when the guy pulled out a sawed-off shotgun and pointed it at him. Brad was like "what the hell are you doing" thinking the guy was still playing. He told him to empty his pockets and take his clothes and shoes off. At that point Brad realized he was f**ked. All he had on where his boxers. He made him walk out on to this bridge and I heard that he was just waiting to hear a shot, but the guy just drove off.

This was at about 8:30 I guess sometime in late August so it was damn near dark. He didn't really know where he was and apparently had to walk over a mile, in the dark, on a gravel road, with no shoes on. I guess it was probably about 10:30-11:00 before he got to this farm house. His feet where bloody and was damn near naked, but had to knock on the door like that to get some help. I guess an older guy came to the door and helped him out. The guy that robbed him was charged with kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, theft, and pre meditated something. Looking at 45 years if convicted. I saw Brad a few weeks ago when I was back home for a wedding and he pretty much confirmed the story to me. Drugs make people do stupid shit.

Would you have answered your door for the naked guy Sec?

seclark
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Would you have answered your door for the naked guy Sec?

probably would even quicker than the dude that was beaten up...naked man wouldn't have anywhere to hide his weapons.

i'd have given him a pair of shorts to put on before he got in my truck, though.
sec

jidar
10-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Fax was kidding... you're a little crazy.

Simply Red
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
this happened about 1.5 years ago when i started the thread...wtf?
never saw the guy again. the wife's still locking the damn doors and it pisses me off.
sec

yes seclark, i bumped it, I have no clue how I missed this one.