PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suggestion for a New Forum

chris
05-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I realize that the true purpose of this site is for our beloved Chiefs.

But we also talk about everything else. Girls, plumping, sci fiction, gambling, and even poop.

Over in the Wash DC forum, we have several discussions going about owning a business and paying taxes.

I have an idea. How about we create a new Forum dedicated to starting or running a business? Rainman, myself, and others have been down the path of starting a new enterprise....and we could help others from making the mistakes we've made.

Thoughts??

Frazod
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I realize that the true purpose of this site is for our beloved Chiefs.

But we also talk about everything else. Girls, plumping, sci fiction, gambling, and even poop.

Over in the Wash DC forum, we have several discussions going about owning a business and paying taxes.

I have an idea. How about we create a new Forum dedicated to starting or running a business? Rainman, myself, and others have been down the path of starting a new enterprise....and we could help others from making the mistakes we've made.

Thoughts??

Sounds like a good idea - a constructive forum free from political strife.

Joie
05-10-2008, 03:55 PM
This isn't a bad idea...

Aces and I would love to someday own a business and I know the advice we'll get from others who have gone before us will be very valuable.

FAX
05-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Do these have to be legitimate businesses?

FAX

milkman
05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
AAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrhhhh!!!!!

:banghead:

Thig Lyfe
05-10-2008, 03:57 PM
STOOPID.

Just add another prefix. We don't need any more forums.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I own three businesses, it could be helpful.

05-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Not that I am a proponent for more forums, I love the idea of a place for people to go with legitimate questions. don't know how you would keep the usual suspects from turning it into murky waters though.

kstater
05-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I say we dedicate it to the true Hardworking set for life people in the world.

FAX
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I want to sell some dime bags. But I don't have any. What should I do?

FAX

Third Eye
05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Plumping? Like ball park franks?

Joie
05-10-2008, 04:55 PM

FAX

Go to the bank and buy a roll of dimes. Divide these into bags and sell.

Any further questions?

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Go to the bank and buy a roll of dimes. Divide these into bags and sell.

Any further questions?

I think he may be referring to a different type of "Dimebag". o:-)

blueballs
05-10-2008, 05:28 PM
spare the rod
spoil the broad

Rain Man
05-10-2008, 05:45 PM

FAX

First, you go to Colombia. Second, you bend over...

Bill S Preston
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Good idea. I have been looking for advice on entering into the pimping business.

FAX
05-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I might be able to get you a old dime bag, Mr. Bill S Preston.

FAX

Pablo
05-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Sure, I'm all for politicalandbusinessdiscussionsplanet.com.

There are enough forums already. Keep politics/taxes/business/finance discussions away from the good stuff in the lounge.

ClevelandBronco
05-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I know that the eventual goal is to reunite all the forums once users have a way to filter the kinds of subjects they want to see (and especially the kinds they don't want to see). That said, I see merit in this suggestion.

Granted, there are all kinds of such forums already in existence elsewhere, but it appears as though there is a knowledge base right here that could be used to the benefit of other members, and strangely enough, I've come to care fondly about some of you.

I could tell folks about all kinds of mistakes to avoid. I might even be able to share a good idea or two, but I think that avoiding as many mistakes as possible along the way is really the key to success in small business.

Kerberos
05-11-2008, 06:31 AM
This isn't a bad idea...

Aces and I would love to someday own a business and I know the advice we'll get from others who have gone before us will be very valuable.

As a former owner of a fine dinning establishement I can give you your first bit of advice and pay your help under the table to avoid paying out your ASS in payroll tax.

Unless you are a business owner you probably don't know that for every $ that is submitted in payroll tax for you by your employer they ALSO have to match ever ****ing $ for $ of the payroll tax to the IRS. If your withholdings are $350 for one paycheck your employer has to submit $700. Add that up for 5 or 6 employees. I had 10.

It's like your great "Uncle Sam" doesn't like small business so he does sh!t like this.

OnTheWarpath15
05-11-2008, 08:30 AM
AAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrhhhh!!!!!

:banghead:

Can you ****ing believe this?

Unreal.

milkman
05-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Can you ****ing believe this?

Unreal.

Oh, I believe it.

I also believe that this forum, if created, will have a year round link at the top of the lounge.

POND_OF_RED
05-11-2008, 11:03 AM

FAX

Depending on if you live by an elementary school sometimes oregano can be substituted to make some extra spending cash.

Demonpenz
05-11-2008, 11:07 AM
we should have a forum for discussing which forums should be next