PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Tonight's "House"

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Anyone watch?

It was probably the best hour of television ever written or damn near close. And shot as good too.

tmax63
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd still like to see Cuttey nekkid....

Rausch
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Cuttey + schoolgirl outfit + stripper pole = Rausch on phone with DTV to get tivo...:drool:

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Cuttey + schoolgirl outfit + stripper pole = Rausch on phone with DTV to get tivo...:drool:

No shit. :drool:

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1404111

dj56dt58
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I love house..this show was great..i hate two parters though

and wtf are they ending the season with just 4 episodes? I know they had I think 4 in a row a couple months ago and then 2 before that including the one after the SB..seems like the new ones just started not too long ago

KevB
05-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I was worried after last week's show....went a little off the deep end with the soap star episode. This one wasn't as funny as some others, but really well done.

Mi_chief_fan
05-13-2008, 06:50 AM
I think House is still the best show on TV.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I love house..this show was great..i hate two parters though

and wtf are they ending the season with just 4 episodes? I know they had I think 4 in a row a couple months ago and then 2 before that including the one after the SB..seems like the new ones just started not too long ago

Ever heard of the writers strike a few months back? It screwed with every shows schedule.

irishjayhawk
05-13-2008, 09:48 AM

Yep. And, if not, the show has hands down the best character on television.

I was worried after last week's show....went a little off the deep end with the soap star episode. This one wasn't as funny as some others, but really well done.

I actually kinda liked the soap star one. Not their best effort but not their worst either.

That said, the humor was much, much more subtle. And there was a lot of it just not in usual off the cuff remarks.

bkkcoh
05-13-2008, 09:55 AM

amen :thumb:o:-)

http://www.lisacuddy.com/Lisa_Self.JPG

Not the best picture, but found quick :)

noa
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I saw Cuddy in real life once. She's not one of those Hollywood people who looks different without make-up. She was still hot, and was wearing a very nice black dress.

Baby Lee
05-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Anyone notice [and I'm going to speak delicately to avoid spoiling], that Chase inadvertantly thwarted House's progress by hypnotically suggesting something was irrelevant?

MIAdragon
05-14-2008, 06:35 AM

For those who missed it, not the best qual but its there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4tPtQ__IsI

KevB
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Anyone notice [and I'm going to speak delicately to avoid spoiling], that Chase inadvertantly thwarted House's progress by hypnotically suggesting something was irrelevant?

Yes, guess that program in Australia wasn't as good as they'd hoped.

irishjayhawk
05-14-2008, 07:24 AM

Yeah. Though, it's not his fault. That was pretty irrelevant at the time because of WHAT she had said inside his mind.

Delano
05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Amazon has the first three seasons of House for 69.99 today at:

www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox)

Kylo Ren
05-14-2008, 08:06 AM
House = Quincey M.D.

No thanks.

MIAdragon
05-14-2008, 08:14 AM
House = Quincey M.D.

No thanks.

rriight.

milkman
05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
House = Quincey M.D.

No thanks.

In it's day, Quincy M.D. was pretty good, but to suggest that there is any similiarity is mordiotic.

(Moronic and idiotic)

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

The Rick
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
I thought this 2 part season finale was great. Awesome episode last week, and last night's episode followed suit.

The House/Wilson angle next season should be interesting.

JBucc
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
**** I keep on forgetting to watch shows. I'll have to download this entire season.

|Zach|
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
House = Quincey M.D.

No thanks.

You don't know anything about anything.

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 08:21 AM
So what's gonna predominate Wilson's thoughts, that House inadvertantly put CB in the position that she was on the bus, or that House took himself to the brink of death to uncover the only chance to save CB she ever had?

Truth be told, House had nothing to do with her death, that ticket was written processed and certified when she started taking the medication.

EDIT - I take that back, the crash harmed her liver, so she couldn't filter the poison. Still, House moved heaven and earth.

Frankie
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM

Very well written and well acted, but (insert Jaws theme here) the shark is getting close.

KevB
05-20-2008, 08:52 AM
So what's gonna predominate Wilson's thoughts, that House inadvertantly put CB in the position that she was on the bus, or that House took himself to the brink of death to uncover the only chance to save CB she ever had?

Truth be told, House had nothing to do with her death, that ticket was written processed and certified when she started taking the medication.

Oh, I think House being at fault is the initial thought process, without a doubt. She never should have been on the bus in the first place.
Issue #1: House gets hammered.
Issue #2: House calls Amber instead of just catching a cab.

Why call Amber? House never should have called her in the middle of the night to come babysit him. Wilson will be fed up once and for all with House's faults after this.

I really thought last night's episode was outstanding. Best hour of TV in some time.

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh, I think House being at fault is the initial thought process, without a doubt. She never should have been on the bus in the first place.

Why call Amber? House never should have called her in the middle of the night to come babysit him. Wilson will be fed up once and for all with House's faults after this.

I really thought last night's episode was outstanding. Best hour of TV in some time.

No, he called Wilson and Amber answered. Even then, House told Amber to call Wilson. She decided not to bother him and ferry House home.

Sully
05-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I haven't watched this yet, but I guess Amber died?

That's sad.
She was 18 kinds of good looking...and reminded me a bit of the wife.

The Rick
05-20-2008, 08:58 AM
So the one thing I didn't catch was why she was taking the medication in the first place? Anyone catch that?

Phobia
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
So the one thing I didn't catch was why she was taking the medication in the first place? Anyone catch that?

It was a flu med. She thought she was coming down with the flu. The medication would have been fine but her liver was damaged in the crash.

The Rick
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
It was a flu med. She thought she was coming down with the flu. The medication would have been fine but her liver was damaged in the crash.
OK, thanks.

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
I haven't watched this yet, but I guess Amber died?

That's sad.
She was 18 kinds of good looking...and reminded me a bit of the wife.

House got drunk and called Wilson to give him a ride, as the bartender took his keys.
Amber answered his call as she was home and Wilson was at work.
House told her to call Wilson, she chose instead to go to the bar and pick him up.
As they were leaving, House got a wild hair and got on the bus instead.
At the last minute, Amber joined him on the bus with his cane that he'd left behind.
She sneezed, then took some pills. House recognized that she was taking an adamantine regimen.
The bus then crashed, flipping on it's slide and running into a parked car. Amber got a pole through her leg and numerous contusions, including damage to her liver.
House wandered off the bus dazed and still drunk and went into a strip club. He came out of his funk realizing he saw something [aside from the crash] that was endangering someone's life, but couldn't remember what.
Amber was without her ID [lost in the crash] and was sent to another hospital as a Jane Doe.
House tried a number of risky measures to regain his memory, despite his serious concussion from the crash.
He eventually pieced it all together [and they had tracked down Amber, cooled her core temp and put her on bypass to buy time], to realize that she had been poisoned by confluence of the adamantine ingestion and the liver damage that stopped her from filtering it. By that point, the adamantine was deposited in her protein cells and could not be filtered by dialysis. At that point, the only options were to let her situation play out [eventually and inexorably fatal] on bypass or wake her up and give her a few minutes to say goodbye. Woke her up and she died in Wilson's arms.

Sully
05-20-2008, 09:27 AM
House got drunk and called Wilson to give him a ride, as the bartender took his keys.
Amber answered his call as she was home and Wilson was at work.
House told her to call Wilson, she chose instead to go to the bar and pick him up.
As they were leaving, House got a wild hair and got on the bus instead.
At the last minute, Amber joined him on the bus with his cane that he'd left behind.
She sneezed, then took some pills. House recognized that she was taking an adamantine regimen.
The bus then crashed, flipping on it's slide and running into a parked car. Amber got a pole through her leg and numerous contusions, including damage to her liver.
House wandered off the bus dazed and still drunk and went into a strip club. He came out of his funk realizing he saw something [aside from the crash] that was endangering someone's life, but couldn't remember what.
Amber was without her ID [lost in the crash] and was sent to another hospital as a Jane Doe.
House tried a number of risky measures to regain his memory, despite his serious concussion from the crash.
He eventually pieced it all together [and they had tracked down Amber, cooled her core temp and put her on bypass to buy time], to realize that she had been poisoned by confluence of the adamantine ingestion and the liver damage that stopped her from filtering it. By that point, the adamantine was deposited in her protein cells and could not be filtered by dialysis. At that point, the only options were to let her situation play out [eventually and inexorably fatal] on bypass or wake her up and give her a few minutes to say goodbye. Woke her up and she died in Wilson's arms.

Yeah, I caught a lot of that in last week's episode, just hadn't watched last night's yet (Red Wings game).
She was way too interesting an foe for House for them to kill her off, IMO.
I always do this with shows. I don't watch them their first few seasons, then catch one episode and fall in love with the show, and spend the enxt few months trying to catch up. This was one case where the post-Super Bowl showing is what hooked me. Luckily, there are reruns on all the time. I seem to always take this route with good shows, though.

KevB
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
No, he called Wilson and Amber answered. Even then, House told Amber to call Wilson. She decided not to bother him and ferry House home.

But as House was coming to this realization, Wilson said something to the effect that House knew Wilson was at work. Wilson was always concerned that House had a thing for Amber, and in his grief, he'll assume that House was really calling to get Amber to pick him up. Yes, House told Amber to call Wilson at work, but he knew she wouldn't do that.

It's not House's fault that she's dead, but it won't be difficult for Wilson to connect his own set of dots that lead to House's being somewhat responsible.

badgirl
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Anyone watch?

It was probably the best hour of television ever written or damn near close. And shot as good too.

I cried a lot:deevee:

38yrsfan
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/SassyBabydoll/addelstein02.png

Cuddy

Rausch
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I didn't see how he first saw Ameber's rash (ass hat area.) Was there some legit way he happened onto it or was it suggested House might have been a little improper?...

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Anoyone else catch that the penultimate [next to last] song on that episode was the original version [with lyrics] of the theme song?

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I didn't see how he first saw Ameber's rash (ass hat area.) Was there some legit way he happened onto it or was it suggested House might have been a little improper?...

The rash was a red herring. They were running that down and trying to figure out how he knew while the real memory was still repressed.

badgirl
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM

Thats right, I don't remember seeing it either.:hmmm:

The last 15 min. after they woke amber up and her and wilson were telling each other goodbye, i sat there and blubbered and couldn't quit right up till the end of the show.

irishjayhawk
05-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Anoyone else catch that the penultimate [next to last] song on that episode was the original version [with lyrics] of the theme song?

Was it? Who did it (or covered for Massive Attack)?

I thought the beginning kinda sounded like Fight Fire with Fire only a weird cover.

I will say this about last night's episode. It was the perfect finale. However, Fox really screwed the pooch. The reason being, there wasn't enough climax in that one to live up to the hype the first one created. It should have gone back to back, in my opinion. Though, I'm sure they picked up the people they were aiming for. So, whatever.

irishjayhawk
05-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Thats right, I don't remember seeing it either.:hmmm:

The last 15 min. after they woke amber up and her and wilson were telling each other goodbye, i sat there and blubbered and couldn't quit right up till the end of the show.

My theory is that he saw it when she fell to the floor of the bus. That's when he started seizing too. But that's my speculation.

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Was it? Who did it (or covered for Massive Attack)?
Jose Gonzalez

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9B-h1EEsKDA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9B-h1EEsKDA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bogey
05-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Great, great, great TV.

KevB
05-20-2008, 05:10 PM
The song that played at the end was Passing Afternoon by Iron and Wine. Really good song that added to the ending for me.

Rausch
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
About the time it starts getting stale (House is an azz, always finds the solution, team all hates him for his sarcasm and cynicism, etc) they mix it up very well.

Wilson has a real reason to hate House, the team doesn't find a cure and win the day, House loses on nearly all fronts...

Miles
05-20-2008, 05:53 PM

She also wouldn't have been on the bus if Fred Durst hadn't been a responsible barkeep.

irishjayhawk
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
About the time it starts getting stale (House is an azz, always finds the solution, team all hates him for his sarcasm and cynicism, etc) they mix it up very well.

Wilson has a real reason to hate House, the team doesn't find a cure and win the day, House loses on nearly all fronts...

They have a knack for killer season finales. House got shot. This one. Etc.

And, for those who don't watch or don't watch regularly, you don't watch House for the medicine (find solution, etc). You watch it for the characters. Best on television.

Frankie
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Call me a party pooper but before everybody has a total orgasm about this show, let me bring up a couple of weak points.

1- You don't have a heart attack in the morning and run around all day like normal. Believe me, I know.

2- I bet there is not ONE doctor in the country who sends his subordinates to ransack a patient's home without getting into legal trouble the very first time for breaking and entering. House does this routinely.

Sully
05-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Call me a party pooper but before everybody has a total orgasm about this show, let me bring up a couple of weak points.

1- You don't have a heart attack in the morning and run around all day like normal. Believe me, I know.

2- I bet there is not ONE doctor in the country who sends his subordinates to ransack a patient's home without getting into legal trouble the very first time for breaking and entering. House does this routinely.

Lighten up a bit. It's a TV show.
Much like the 5 people on CSI do the job that 50 people would take weeks to do in a coupe of days.
Much like the trials all take place within a week on Legal shows.
Much like all medical shows have doctors who do about 5 doctors' jobs.

Sully
05-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I just finished the episode, and ****ing WOW.
I'll admit, musical montages get me, and as the music started playing, it got a little dusty in here. but when Wilson found the letter reading, "Sorry I'm not here, I went to get House," I thought a cladiosporum had burst in front of my face.
Like I said, I've only been watching this show since February, but I am effing hooked. Great show. It comes so close to being the same thing week after week, but changes up just enough to not get stale.
I'm sad Amber died, as I think she was a very cool character (and like I said, not so hard on the eyes), but the way they did it was brilliant.

KevB
05-20-2008, 09:02 PM
The complaints here and elsewhere about the "sameness" week to week aren't fair IMO. The story each week is really just the backdrop to the characters, the interpersonal relationships, and the humor. Yes, it seems very formulaic: rare illness, House berates his team, then magically comes up with the answer at the last minute. It's the other "stuff" that makes this show so enjoyable to watch.

And the fact that they made me care so much that Amber was dying is a testament to the writing and acting. Four shows ago I didn't care all that much if she was on the show or not.

Baby Lee
05-21-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm sad Amber died, as I think she was a very cool character (and like I said, not so hard on the eyes), but the way they did it was brilliant.
She should be back in pioneer garb on HBO this fall.

Sully
05-21-2008, 05:25 AM
She should be back in pioneer garb on HBO this fall.

Ick.
ROFL

irishjayhawk
05-21-2008, 08:34 AM

So, you have a problem. The series is not to be watched for the medicine (or, in this case, legal) aspect. It's for the characters.

milkman
05-21-2008, 09:13 AM

Ya think?

Baby Lee
04-07-2009, 06:49 AM
As interesting as who was written out is why

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html#more

kindra68
04-07-2009, 06:57 AM
cool link, thanks.

((and i still don't think Cutty and House should have sex))

Reaper16
04-07-2009, 07:04 AM
My face was like :< @ last night's episode.

KCFalcon59
04-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I was shocked at Kutner committing suicide. Never expected that.

Sully
04-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Getting ready to watch.

However, best hour of TV ever made= West Wing, "Two Cathedrals."

Jerm
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM

I wonder if he really did or if they'll try to milk some kind of murder saga out of this...was it Foreman? Taub? House?

Hmmmm lol.

MIAdragon
04-07-2009, 10:17 AM
As interesting as who was written out is why

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html#more

Wow!

Frankie
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks for not spoiling it for those who have not watched the episode yet.

Buck
04-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Question.

I've watched a couple episodes here and there.

Is this a show that has one continuous story line? Or is it like CSI, where its completely different every week?

seclark
04-07-2009, 10:44 AM

he's just too lazy to put it in a spoiler. some people are the same way w/posting stupid email stories and not checking snopes first.
sec

Frankie
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
he's just too lazy to put it in a spoiler. some people are the same way w/posting stupid email stories and not checking snopes first.
sec

Incomparable effects.

Frankie
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Question.

I've watched a couple episodes here and there.

Is this a show that has one continuous story line? Or is it like CSI, where its completely different every week?

Each episode is mainly stand alone but a background continuous arc goes on.

dj56dt58
04-07-2009, 10:53 AM
is it just me or is this a really long season? Not that im complaining

KCFalcon59
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM

Ooops! Sorry about that. Never even thought about the spoiler tags. :doh!:

Frankie
04-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Ooops! Sorry about that. Never even thought about the spoiler tags. :doh!:

No sweat. I have already watched it. I was just reminding in general sense.

PastorMikH
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Didn't get to watch it last night, but did catch it with the DVR. Planning on watching it after while.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Well since Kumar killed himself maybe they should bring in Harold.

wild1
04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
why are you reading a thread about the show and expecting there not to be any spoilers for stuff that is already aired?

anyway someone beat me to the white castle joke so i'll just bow out now.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Lets talk about how I watch NCIS because I want to bang the Ziva chick.

wild1
04-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Lets talk about how I watch NCIS because I want to bang the Ziva chick.

I don't think it's gonna work.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't think it's gonna work.

Well damn it why not?

Sully
07-15-2016, 10:41 AM
Just caught the rerun of "Wilson's Heart." Still holds up as a great finale episode. Made me think of this thread.

Bowser
07-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Irishjayhawk just kind of fell off the face of the earth, didn't he?

KChiefs1
07-16-2016, 10:23 PM

Me too!