PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ravens QB Troy Smith

ct
05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
1st off, apologies for the hit and run. Just about to head out from work, so I'm gonna post, take off, and check back later.

New Ravens HC Harbaugh recently had some nice things to say about QB Troy Smith.

From Rotoworld...

Troy Smith-QB- Ravens May. 12 - 9:48 am et

Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes Troy Smith "can play quarterback in the NFL, without question."

Smith is the slight underdog, behind Kyle Boller, to start in Week 1. "He's got the arm," Harbaugh said. "He can move around and operate the offense. Now under pressure, proving himself in games, that's going to be up to him."

Now, obviously a curious comment from the HC who just drafted a QB in the 1st round of the draft this year. With Kyle Boller also on the roster, seems a not so subtle announcement to me that Troy Smith is on the market.

He came in for a few games last year, and I thought looked pretty good.

Appeared in 4 games, starting the last 2 of the year. In those 2 starts:

Wk 16, 16-33 for 199 yds, 1TD, 0 INT
Wk 17, 16-27 for 171 yds, 1TD, 0 INT

Not blowing anybody away, but I saw a little of the games, and he had nice presence on the field. Anybody have any interest here? What might it take in a trade would you think? Greg Wesley anyone?

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
You want to trade for Troy Smith? :spock:

Skip Towne
05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
You want to trade for Troy Smith? :spock:

I've got a nice bridge to sell him.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2008, 04:34 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6o0gCMnd5I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6o0gCMnd5I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

POND_OF_RED
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Not blowing anybody away, but I saw a little of the games, and he had nice presence on the field. Anybody have any interest here? What might it take in a trade would you think? Greg Wesley anyone?

I'd give them Thigpen but they'd have to throw in a player with potential along with Smith.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes Troy Smith "can play quarterback in the NFL, without question."

Can Somebody find me a quote from a head coach that says: " *insert QB here* cant play QB in the NFL. Without question, he just doesnt possess the skills nessasary to play at this level"
:)

POND_OF_RED
05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Can Somebody find me a quote from a head coach that says: " *insert QB here* cant play QB in the NFL. Without question, he just doesnt possess the skills nessasary to play at this level"

I think every NFL coach said that about Eric Crouch.

RealSNR
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
This one's more appropriate

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXv13WdLiMA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXv13WdLiMA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dj56dt58
05-13-2008, 05:36 PM

imo, any qb can play qb in the nfl with the right coaching...

dj56dt58
05-13-2008, 05:44 PM
would be ok for a 3rd string qb..who knows, maybe he could start in the league someday? Like I said, at the very least he would make a nice 3rd stringer behind croyle/thigpen

Deberg_1990
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM

Well, any QB who makes it to the NFL level obviously has talent. Its 90% mental.

chagrin
05-13-2008, 06:28 PM
1st off, apologies for the hit and run. Just about to head out from work, so I'm gonna post, take off, and check back later.

New Ravens HC Harbaugh recently had some nice things to say about QB Troy Smith.

From Rotoworld...

Troy Smith-QB- Ravens May. 12 - 9:48 am et

Smith is the slight underdog, behind Kyle Boller, to start in Week 1. "He's got the arm," Harbaugh said. "He can move around and operate the offense. Now under pressure, proving himself in games, that's going to be up to him."

Now, obviously a curious comment from the HC who just drafted a QB in the 1st round of the draft this year. With Kyle Boller also on the roster, seems a not so subtle announcement to me that Troy Smith is on the market.

He came in for a few games last year, and I thought looked pretty good.

Appeared in 4 games, starting the last 2 of the year. In those 2 starts:

Wk 16, 16-33 for 199 yds, 1TD, 0 INT
Wk 17, 16-27 for 171 yds, 1TD, 0 INT

are you sure you're just not an alternate persona of direkshun?

El Jefe
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I'd love to have Troy Smith, very pocket aware, and is very accurate. One knock is his height, but I think he would do well in the NFL.

Skip Towne
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
What does Mecca think of him?

Demonpenz
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Troy smith would be nice to have on the bench to come in and light a spark or use him in the red zone because he can run but if the D had time to game plan around him I think he would suck. I don't think he has anywhere close the physical ability that Mike Vick has. Is he smarter? Probably, but it's hard to show it when oppos he just got sacked by flordia again

Kerberos
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM

So by that theory we have NO ***ing chance of developing a QB while the Herminator is here?

:banghead: :cuss:

milkman
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
So by that theory we have NO ***ing chance of developing a QB while the Herminator is here?

:banghead: :cuss:

Speaking for myself only, I believe the problem is more Dick Curl than Herman ****ing Edwards.

blueballs
05-14-2008, 12:23 PM
The Ravens develop QBs like
the Pats develop championships

StcChief
05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Speaking for myself only, I believe the problem is more Dick Curl than Herman ****ing Edwards.
your not alone. Curl is the issue.

Spicy McHaggis
05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Somewhere in Tampa Bay, Jon Gruden's eyes just got really big.

Thig Lyfe
05-14-2008, 07:49 PM
The Ravens develop QBs like
the Pats develop championships

The Ravens have developed three good quarterbacks?

cdcox
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
would be ok for a 3rd string qb..who knows, maybe he could start in the league someday? Like I said, at the very least he would make a nice 3rd stringer behind croyle/thigpen

The job of the first string QB is to win the Superbowl.

The job of the second string QB is to be a distraction to capture the adoration of the fans as they clamor for him to be the starter wnen the first string QB fails to succeed in his goal.

The job of the thrid string QBi is to become the first string QB. If he fails, he is out of the league in 2 years.

King_Chief_Fan
05-15-2008, 06:11 AM

you got the cart before the horse on this one.............Croyle hasn't proven anything. saying this guy can be #3 behind Croyle isn't anything close to what I would want to hear if I were him.