PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Browns threaten Chiefs' Supremacy

T-post Tom
05-14-2008, 12:26 AM
It's not just us...

Jeff Walcoff, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have six tight ends on their roster but are likely to only keep three.

SBK
05-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Walcoff is such a bad last name.

Kylo Ren
05-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Walcoff is such a bad last name. Just imagine if he was a baseball player and hit a walk off home run.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Just imagine if he was a baseball player and hit a walk off home run.

LOL

Wilson8
05-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Cleveland has Kellen Winslow coming off of knee surgery in the off season. This will be his fourth surgery on that knee. Steve Heiden, another Brown’s tight end, is coming off back surgery to repair a bulging disk. They have Darnell Dinkins, Kolomona Kapanui, Brad Cieslak and 4th round draft pick Martin Rucker. There is also a rumor that Cleveland might try to trade Kellen while he still has some value. So having extra TEs is needed by the Browns.

Kansas City no longer has Jason Dunn and Kris Wilson. Tony Gonzalez will probably work sparingly during camps and in pre-season, so it makes sense to have some extra tight ends for Chan Gailey’s offense.

The Kansa City Chiefs’s Web site list 5 TEs on the roster. I don’t think some of the latest TEs signed will make it past the off season camps. So five guys, Gonzalez, Allan, Cottam, Foschi and Merritt will compete for three spots on the roster.

el borracho
05-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Gonzalez and Cottam are locks so that would leave Allan, Foschi (who?!) and Merritt fighting for the last spot which probably means a toss up between Allan and Merritt.

Wilson8
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Gonzalez and Cottam are locks so that would leave Allan, Foschi (who?!) and Merritt fighting for the last spot which probably means a toss up between Allan and Merritt.

I think you are pretty much right. Brad Cottam's injury history might also figure into the extra TEs. Have a TE on the practice squad just in case Brad goes down.

BigChiefFan
05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
We might actually carry FOUR TEs, because we will be running so many TWO-TE sets. That's two starting TEs, with two used for depth.

blueballs
05-14-2008, 10:42 AM
To be fair
one is a ****ing soldier

FAX
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
And there came unto me one of the seven tight ends which had the seven contracts, and speaketh they with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great coach that sitteth upon many jugs of gatorade and upon the gatorade jugs do he sitteth and him shall I shew unto thee.

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness of the practice field: and there I saw a man sitting upon a jug of gatorade and to his right lay a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having five heads and ten horns.

And the coach was arrayed in gold and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden fig in his hand and before him a microphone full of abominations and filthiness and fornication.

And he that sat upon the jugs said, Behold, I make all things new. And thus he sayeth unto me, Many shalt be the tight ends and many shalt be their blocks and many more shalt be the passes completed over the middle and over the middle only shalt the passes be thrown. For I hath decreed in my wisdom that no deep passes shalt be attempted and nevermore shalt the ball stay in the air for eternity.

And thus did he also say unto me that the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars and lovers of the deep pass shalt have their season tickets revoketh and into the lake which burneth with fire shalt the season tickets be thrown and forevermore thrown into the burning lake shalt their season tickets be. For I am Herm and I am like unto a great plague and thou shalt cheer for me and for the tight ends which I hath given thee or thou shalt suffer greatly and cast dust upon thy head, and cry to the media, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great receiver, wherein was made rich by the contract and by the contract was he given great riches, in one hour is he made desolate.

FAX

Wilson8
05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Q: You’ve battled some injury problems. Tell us about that and how it influences the future.

COTTAM: “Probably the biggest thing I had going on was my freshman and sophomore years – I was kind of battling a shoulder problem. I ended up having two separate shoulder surgeries and that was really the only major surgery besides my wrist. The thumb surgery was real small and the sports hernia wasn’t a big deal. The week before my senior season I dislocated my wrist and that caused me to miss the first nine games and play in the last five. But everything feels fine now; it’s healed and obviously I got checked out by the doctors and everything. I feel great now but it reminds me of where I came from and that I have a lot to improve. I want to be a big part of a team because I missed out on what was supposed to be a big season.”

Q: You’ve got to believe that’s behind you, I hope.

COTTAM: “Definitely. People ask me if I worry about it when I get out there. There’s no way I can think of many other things, but it’s behind me. I’ve had my share of injuries; I’m not going to worry about that. I don’t think that will happen anymore. I’m excited to be on a team and get to play again.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/04/27/qa_with_te_brad_cottam__427/

Wilson8
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
And thus did he also say unto me that the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars and lovers of the deep pass shalt have their season tickets revoketh and into the lake which burneth with fire shalt the season tickets be thrown and forevermore thrown into the burning lake shalt their season tickets be. For I am Herm and I am like unto a great plague and thou shalt cheer for me and for the tight ends which I hath given thee or thou shalt suffer greatly and cast dust upon thy head, and cry to the media, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great receiver, wherein was made rich by the contract and by the contract was he given great riches, in one hour is he made desolate.

FAX

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth in the Chief's Nation and we shall all be cast into the outer darkness, so say one, so say all.

sedated
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
no FB = 4 TE's