PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who's better?

el borracho
05-15-2008, 05:40 PM
To this point, who has performed better- Tank or Turk?

Hammock Parties
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Turk provided a smidgen of pass rush last year.

Rain Man
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Turk has seen the field a bit more, I think, but I figure that's a function of how he fits in with the other talent at this point. I need to see another season before I can make a call.

Of course, I'm on record as being a big proponent of Tank, so I think he'll have a breakout year this year.

FAX
05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
For guys like me who can't tell them apart, this is a very difficult question.

FAX

RedandGold
05-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Since neither has made any form of an impact to date, I'm considering them equal.

el borracho
05-15-2008, 05:57 PM
For guys like me who can't tell them apart, this is a very difficult question.

FAX

Neither has distinguished himself, IMO. In fact, I can't recall noticinig either of them last year. Well, I would see their jersey numbers on the field but I can't recall either making any notable plays. Just curious what others saw and why so many think that not one but both of these guys will improve dramatically this year.

teedubya
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Well Tank has written a rap song. So I would say Tank.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/packpride/Tank.wma

dunno if it still works.. I downloaded it a few months back... great hook.

http://www.thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=439863

Rain Man
05-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Neither has distinguished himself, IMO. In fact, I can't recall noticinig either of them last year. Well, I would see their jersey numbers on the field but I can't recall either making any notable plays. Just curious what others saw and why so many think that not one but both of these guys will improve dramatically this year.

Hope is a beautiful thing.

I also think that defensive linemen often take a year or so to figure stuff out. Look at Mario Williams last year, for example, or Neil Smith in our own history. Of course, those guys were on the field the whole time.

Deberg_1990
05-15-2008, 06:04 PM
To this point, who has performed better- Tank or Turk?

Thats like asking which tastes better: rat turds or dog turds??

Easy 6
05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I'd call it a push, i do remember Tank slicing into the backfield to nail a runner once...but thats about it, the rest of the time he was getting pushed back to the concession stand.

el borracho
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Turk provided a smidgen of pass rush last year.

From which position? DT or DE? And where the heck is he going to play this year?

el borracho
05-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Thats like asking which tastes better: rat turds or dog turds??

Well, don't keep us in suspense- tell us the answer!

Hammock Parties
05-15-2008, 06:07 PM
From which position? DT or DE? And where the heck is he going to play this year?

DT

No idea where he's playing this year. Should be interesting. Probably the backup for Dorsey.

el borracho
05-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I know you are bored, GOATSE, put together some gifs for us.

We'll be nice to you:
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/carrie_underwood_narrowweb__300x448,2.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Here's one I made earlier this season. I'm quite busy right now, though.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2439/tyurkbj3.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2439/tyurkbj3.dbfd0fe169.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=171&i=tyurkbj3.gif)

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I remember Tank stopping a running back down on the goal line on 3rd down, I believe. Blew through and hit him in the backfield

Tiger's Fan
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I remember Tank stopping a running back down on the goal line on 3rd down, I believe. Blew through and hit him in the backfield

I remember that too, although im not sure what crappy game that was in.

rad
05-15-2008, 07:35 PM

Was that a preseason game on Hard Knocks?

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Was that a preseason game on Hard Knocks?

I didn't think so

B_Ambuehl
05-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Turk should be the next Jimmy Wilkerson. A guy who comes in and can rush the passer from the tackle position on 3rd down and backup both end positions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tank has a really good year. It usually takes tackles a while to get going and he has some unique athleticism for a man his size. As soon as he figures out how to use leverage a bit bitter him and Dorsey could possibly give us a tackle tandem as potent as the Williams brothers.....wouldn't that be ironic with the whole Jared Allen deal.

keg in kc
05-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Neither, at this point.

Long term, I have no idea, with Dorsey in the mix now. Can't play all 3 of them every down, so somebody's going to start and somebody's going to rotate in. I'm guessing Tank gets the playing time, while Turk backs up Dorsey.

ChiefRon
05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Neither, at this point.

Long term, I have no idea, with Dorsey in the mix now. Can't play all 3 of them every down, so somebody's going to start and somebody's going to rotate in. I'm guessing Tank gets the playing time, while Turk backs up Dorsey.

I think it will be Boone / Dorsey / Tank / Hali primarily, bringing in Turk on passing downs. And we'll rotate other guys in as needed to keep 'em fresh...

acesn8s
05-16-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry but I don't remember these guys covering kicks.

DaneMcCloud
05-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Turk should be the next Jimmy Wilkerson. A guy who comes in and can rush the passer from the tackle position on 3rd down and backup both end positions.

If that's the case, he was a poor draft choice.

As late as March 2007, he was ranked in the Top 50 players, some projections having him as a first-rounder (same with Tank - Rick Gosselin had him as a first round choice in March 2007 as well).

Wilkerson was a 6th. I don't think he was solid or spectacular, though for some reason, Tampa Bay seems to LOVE the Chiefs defensive lineman (Sims, Wilkerson and the bidding war for Allen).

I hope that Turk is a much more serviceable DE than JW. I hope he's a 5-8 sack guy a year and allows Hali to flourish.

KCUnited
05-16-2008, 07:12 AM
WFT? Turk was our best return man last year. Damn, where's the love.

4 returns for 40 yards with a long of 14.

Mizzou_8541
05-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Will you please add another selection to your poll? I think NY58 will be better than Tank, Turk and Dorsey.

el borracho
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Geez, I hope that isn't the aim. Why spend a 2nd round pick on the next Jimmy Wilkerson? If that is the best we can hope for, then that was a wasted pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tank has a really good year. It usually takes tackles a while to get going and he has some unique athleticism for a man his size. As soon as he figures out how to use leverage a bit bitter him and Dorsey could possibly give us a tackle tandem as potent as the Williams brothers.....wouldn't that be ironic with the whole Jared Allen deal.
I've seen this "takes a while for tackles" quite a bit here lately. If that is the case, then I guess we aren't expecting much from Dorsey this year. Or is he the magical exception to the rationalization we use when hoping Tank and Turk improve this year?

el borracho
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Neither, at this point.

Well, no, of course all three wouldn't play every down but all three could be starters if Turk is pushed back outside to play DE. Not saying it should or will happen but it seems like a real possibility. At this point the Dline is almost as big a mystery as the Oline- I guess we know the players but we don't know where or how they will be used.