PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen's Bar closed

Zman
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Tough to keep open when the main man is no longer a Chief!
http://www.kansascity.com/199/story/622122.html

BigChiefFan
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
But he really wanted to leave.

MTG#10
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Adept Havelock
05-16-2008, 12:03 PM
As Stephen King repeatedly said during the "Secondary Kill" chapter of The Stand:

No great loss.

Radar Chief
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
But he really wanted to leave.

:shrug: He's gone now. ****'im.

BigChiefFan
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
:shrug: He's gone now. ****'im.
I don't turn on people just because they aren't "one of us" anymore. He played stellar as a Chief and that's how I will remember him. The bar closing is just more evidence showing that JA had every intention to stay.

Zman
05-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't turn on people just because they aren't "one of us" anymore. He played stellar as a Chief and that's how I will remember him. The bar closing is just more evidence showing that JA had every intention to stay.
I agree its just seems funny since the manager Chuck said no problem the bar would just keep going and its out of business 2 weeks later!

blueballs
05-16-2008, 12:16 PM
He should just stick to Subway
a bar could really just pack the pounds back on

Radar Chief
05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't turn on people just because they aren't "one of us" anymore. He played stellar as a Chief and that's how I will remember him.

That’s not “turning on him”. That’s facing the reality that he’s gone and my desire to see him stay had/has zero impact on the people making those decisions. Namely Jared himself and Carl.

FAX
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Alas, Jared Allen's bar, we hardly knew ye.

FAX

seclark
05-16-2008, 12:36 PM
never even got a chance to go there...my life is ruined...ruined!
sec

dj56dt58
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't buy the "Allen wanted out of KC" shit..opening a bar in kc doesn't sound like something somebody would do if they wanted to leave. I think Carl is just a cheap bastard

At the same time..it was the right move bc we needed Albert

Chazno
05-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't buy the "Allen wanted out of KC" shit..opening a bar in kc doesn't sound like something somebody would do if they wanted to leave. I think Carl is just a cheap bastard

Everything I've read says that he didn't open the bar, merely allowed them to use his name.... The article states they looked for another player to take his place, but had no luck and thus closed.

chasedude
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Everything I've read says that he didn't open the bar, merely allowed them to use his name.... The article states they looked for another player to take his place, but had no luck and thus closed.

Is it really necessary the bar have player sponsorship? It's a.... bar!:spock:

CosmicPal
05-16-2008, 12:58 PM

Happens all the time. If the player is popular enough in the town then it will draw clients based on the name alone.

Fuggen Blowjob Elway has his name on just about everything in Denver.

There's a restaurant in Cherry Creek called Elway's. And I can assure you, you sure the hell won't find Elway sweating in the kitchen with a grease-stained bib smacking his co-workers with a hot spatula. No, he's sitting at home rubbing himself with all the money he gets for having his name lit up on the outside of the restaurant.

seclark
05-16-2008, 12:59 PM

they were going to get dustin colquitt to sponsor, but the theme "wine em, dine em number 2 em" just didn't seem to work out.
sec

Mr. Flopnuts
05-16-2008, 01:04 PM

Actually, I agree and disagree with you at the same time. It was the right move, but not because we needed Albert. I would never ever trade Jared for an unknown rookie, or 3.

It was the right move because Jared couldn't stay off the sauce. Out here in Seattle, Lofa Tatupu just got popped for drinking and driving. You know what's gonna happen? Squadouche. It's his first offense. Jared got popped not once, but twice. 3rd time he's out for a year. You just can't give $73 million to someone who's proven they don't have the self control to keep himself on the field.

sedated
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
It was in a horrible location.

chasedude
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Happens all the time. If the player is popular enough in the town then it will draw clients based on the name alone.

There's a restaurant in Cherry Creek called Elway's. And I can assure you, you sure the hell won't find Elway sweating in the kitchen with a grease-stained bib smacking his co-workers with a hot spatula. No, he's sitting at home rubbing himself with all the money he gets for having his name lit up on the outside of the restaurant.

That's understandable but my thought is if this bar has been going on for awhile then it may have built it's client base already with some regulars.

I've never been to this place so I'm not really familiar with it too much.

I guess the ownership has no confidence in themselves to go on without a Chief's player laying his name on the bar.

Sure-Oz
05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I went there once, wasn't a bad place to eat, even though the club 69 looked real trashy

Easy 6
05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Beat it.

Scram.

Vamos.

dj56dt58
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM

If thats the case maybe he did want out because he said he wouldn't sign a contract with a special "behavior" clause, then did just that with the Vikings..

I dont blame him though because Peterson was the reason he wanted out

dj56dt58
05-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Actually, I agree and disagree with you at the same time. It was the right move, but not because we needed Albert. I would never ever trade Jared for an unknown rookie, or 3.

It was the right move because Jared couldn't stay off the sauce. Out here in Seattle, Lofa Tatupu just got popped for drinking and driving. You know what's gonna happen? Squadouche. It's his first offense. Jared got popped not once, but twice. 3rd time he's out for a year. You just can't give $73 million to someone who's proven they don't have the self control to keep himself on the field.

True but knowing the Chiefs, had we not had that second pick we would have traded down or taken Albert and not gotten Dorsey

Also the drinking thing pisses me off because A. I dont think it will be an issue again for him, and B. as I mentioned in my last post, Allen could have signed a contract with a clause related to another DWI and said he wouldnt do it, but then said that there was a clause in his Viking contract

The bottom line is he wanted out because of Carl and Carl is an egotistical bastard..I dont even think its that he's cheap as much as it is his ego and feels he has to win every negotiation..if you can call it that

Valiant
05-16-2008, 02:02 PM

His good friend opened the bar and JA came by all the time to make appearances and let him use his name.. I am not sure if JA fronted any money or not..

Sucks for all of those employees..

Valiant
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
True but knowing the Chiefs, had we not had that second pick we would have traded down or taken Albert and not gotten Dorsey
who knows, it worked out good for the future

Also the drinking thing pisses me off because A. I dont think it will be an issue again for him, and B. as I mentioned in my last post, Allen could have signed a contract with a clause related to another DWI and said he wouldnt do it, but then said that there was a clause in his Viking contract Really four DWI's makes you think he will never get another one?? And the clauses mean jack shit, if a player wants to fight and keep their money they can.. Look at Vick

The bottom line is he wanted out because of Carl and Carl is an egotistical bastard..I dont even think its that he's cheap as much as it is his ego and feels he has to win every negotiation..if you can call it that I agree that is why JA was not willing to budge, but you cannot blame Carl for not wanting to give a habitual drinker who has a knack for getting DUI's a huge contract.. Sure JA quit drinking for a while, not on his own because he had too by the league.. JA made his own problems..

ChiefsOne
05-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Didn't he buy a huge farm in Liberty? Is is up for sale or already been sold? Seems like it might be tough to sell a big farm in that area.

Radar Chief
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
The bottom line is he wanted out because of Carl and Carl is an egotistical bastard..I dont even think its that he's cheap as much as it is his ego and feels he has to win every negotiation..if you can call it that

Clark Hunt was never going to give Jared Allen $73M regardless of Carl’s involvement so if you have to point fingers you might as well start right there.

dj56dt58
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Clark Hunt was never going to give Jared Allen $73M regardless of Carl’s involvement so if you have to point fingers you might as well start right there.

Clark doesn't have the history Carl does..

Chiefnj2
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Someone should buy it and call it "F.U. Herm". After an 0-4 start the place will be packed. 1/2 price drinks until KC gives up a sack. Free nachos if KC scores more than 11 points a game.

kcxiv
05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree that is why JA was not willing to budge, but you cannot blame Carl for not wanting to give a habitual drinker who has a knack for getting DUI's a huge contract.. Sure JA quit drinking for a while, not on his own because he had too by the league.. JA made his own problems..

He still got his paycheck, just like he said he was going to get. He just got it from another team. Despite the DUI's he got, nothing really bad happened to him, he still came out on top.

mikey23545
05-16-2008, 03:32 PM
The bottom line is Jared wanted out because of Jared, and he is an egotistical bastard..I dont even think its that he's greedy as much as it is his ego and feels he has to win every negotiation...especially when he's drunk.

FYP

Ultra Peanut
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/294q99k.jpg

TinyEvel
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, and I hear "Wesley's Wings" is on the verge of Chapter Eleven.

Micjones
05-16-2008, 05:54 PM
It was in a horrible location.

That's what I thought when I first heard where it was.

gblowfish
05-16-2008, 05:58 PM
What's Boomer Grigsby going to do for a living now???

Reerun_KC
05-16-2008, 07:25 PM
That good news that the bar closed...

We all know good and well that there isnt a Chiefs fan would ever drink and drive.... They are to Holy for that...

FAX
05-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Did I make this up? I heard somewhere that the NFL had wiped JA's slate clean ... expunged his record with the league, or whatever.

FAX

Easy 6
05-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't turn on people just because they aren't "one of us" anymore. He played stellar as a Chief and that's how I will remember him.

Normally i'd totally agree with this, but despite the "Carl Factor" i just think Jared handled this badly.

I gave him props in previous threads for seemingly trying to clean up, but some of his statements & actions really rubbed me the wrong way...money, money, money...i'm tired of these greedy motherf&ckers.

30, 40, 50, 60 million...at that point its hard for me to relate, or feel sympathy.

I honestly dont give a shit what he does anymore.

HMc
05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
One of the comments on the article suggested (amongst other things) that they had a somewhat exvlusive door policy?

Not real clever when you're not making any money.

Hammock Parties
05-16-2008, 07:48 PM

He's in Miami.

Sure-Oz
05-16-2008, 08:34 PM

He'll get cut by miami and hang out with LJ in NY

tburg
05-16-2008, 09:01 PM

worked great for me

---George Brett

Sure-Oz
05-16-2008, 09:08 PM
worked great for me

---George Brett

George Bretts is avg imo

Smed1065
05-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Allen, an all-pro defensive end and National Football League sack leader, was traded from the Kansas City Chiefs to the Minnesota Vikings in late April, just a month or so after the restaurant opened at 700 Southwest Blvd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know of anyone that opens or starts a new business and expects it to be making money/profit within 3 months of opening, much less dependent on that to keep the doors open for the first year.

Sounds like a lack of knowledge/planning or finances from the start to me.

Maybe JA paid the losses since he is a rich bit-h!
ROFL

blaise
05-16-2008, 10:17 PM
They changed their slogan to Wine 'Em, Dine 'Em, Chapter 5 'Em

Bugeater
05-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Did I make this up? I heard somewhere that the NFL had wiped JA's slate clean ... expunged his record with the league, or whatever.

FAX
I believe that was effective in Sept, I can't remember the exact details. It was announced right after he was traded.

I do not know of anyone that opens or starts a new business and expects it to be making money/profit within 3 months of opening, much less dependent on that to keep the doors open for the first year.

Sounds like a lack of knowledge/planning or finances from the start to me.
Yeah, something is funny with this, if the bar was profitable it would've remained open with or without JA's name on it.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-17-2008, 08:56 AM
George Bretts is avg imo

George Brett's closed some time ago.

This deal was no different that many other "celebrity" locales. BB Kings in Memphis isn't owned by BB King. Johnny Dare's wasn't owned by Johnny.

I think JA thought he would stay in KC, and the fact he didn't, and te apparenty misplaced anger towards him but fans was the death of the place. According to the attitude most of you have around hear, the place may as well have been called Gary Glitter's.

POND_OF_RED
05-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Good. Makes room for Hali's Hemp N' Hookah House.

BigRedChief
05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
He may make Miami's roster. Parcell's likes those tough guys on a roster.

But he's got a "real" future in broadcasting if he applies himself. He's personable and likeable. He should be put in the booth with Lenny and Mitch and see how it goes.

J Diddy
05-17-2008, 11:18 AM

ROFL:LOL:

Dylan
05-17-2008, 11:57 AM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

ROFL

Valiant
05-17-2008, 12:24 PM
I believe that was effective in Sept, I can't remember the exact details. It was announced right after he was traded.

Yeah, something is funny with this, if the bar was profitable it would've remained open with or without JA's name on it.

Yeah still have never seen any of that info on nfl.com, just on rumor sites or message boards..

This would speak tons of racism to me if Goodell allowed this to happen, but not wipe the slate clean for anybody else..

Deberg_1990
05-17-2008, 12:48 PM
He may make Miami's roster. Parcell's likes those tough guys on a roster.

No. Parcells likes guys who have talent.

Sure-Oz
05-17-2008, 01:09 PM
George Brett's closed some time ago.

This deal was no different that many other "celebrity" locales. BB Kings in Memphis isn't owned by BB King. Johnny Dare's wasn't owned by Johnny.

I think JA thought he would stay in KC, and the fact he didn't, and te apparenty misplaced anger towards him but fans was the death of the place. According to the attitude most of you have around hear, the place may as well have been called Gary Glitter's.

I ate there once, and it was overpriced avg food, not sad its gone.

Jared Allens seem to have the same quality food and cheaper hah

ChiefaRoo
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
You know what probably happened. Jared showed up one day to open the place, couldn't find the key to the door, got confused and quit. Then he said Minny fans are better than KC fans.

He could rush the passer but what a dumbass human. KC made a great trade that will pay dividends long after JA's retired and living it Butte Montana.

Stinger
05-19-2008, 09:54 AM
So a Allens place could not get it done in the last quarter who would have thought?

MTG#10
05-19-2008, 10:06 AM

That should have ended the thread.

HemiEd
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM

Did Jared Allen really open the bar? Or, as it appears to me, sell his name rights to some poor guy, who just lost his ass?

StcChief
05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Did Jared Allen really open the bar? Or, as it appears to me, sell his name rights to some poor guy, who just lost his ass?
question is a sucker in Minnie gonna do this too. after a JA good next season.

HemiEd
05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
question is a sucker in Minnie gonna do this too. after a JA good next season.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out up there, especially since Jared has a pocket full of money now.

Sully
05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
That place lasted less time than Bill Maas' bar, Celebrities...

The first bar I ever went into and bought a drink at... when I was 13.

Zman
05-19-2008, 11:35 AM
He gave his name to the bar and was paid a royalty each month. There are two brothers that owned the building and Chuck Tabor was the Manager