PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Michael Merritt

royr17
05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Is it possible that our new tight end Michael Merritt long snap.

I mean he's only known as a blocker and not a pass catcher. I mean im sure the chiefs could train him how to be a long snapper if he's not one.

Need a long snapper to complement J.P. Darche.

Damn sure wish Kendall Gammon was still our long snapper.

milkman
05-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Jean Phillipe-Darche.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Can we get you to post a thread for every player on the roster? Thanks.

Skip Towne
05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Can we get you to post a thread for every player on the roster? Thanks.

Jealous?

royr17
05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey I just posted a different thread. Not a football thread.

royr17
05-18-2008, 08:24 PM
I know J.P. Darche is Jean Philippe Darche, just didnt feel like spellin it out.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey I just posted a different thread. Not a football thread.

Can I get about 10 more of those? Here are some topics.

Sex
Drinking
Marriage
Sex
Video games
Highway driving
Sex
Kissing
Felching
Sex

I know J.P. Darche is Jean Philippe Darche, just didnt feel like spellin it out.

He deserves a thread. Go now. Do it.

royr17
05-18-2008, 08:32 PM

Sex
Drinking
Marriage
Sex
Video games
Highway driving
Sex
Kissing
Felching
Sex

Ah just too funy gochiefs. Just too funny.

DeepSouth
05-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Is it possible that our new tight end Michael Merritt long snap.

I mean he's only known as a blocker and not a pass catcher. I mean im sure the chiefs could train him how to be a long snapper if he's not one.

Need a long snapper to complement J.P. Darche.

Damn sure wish Kendall Gammon was still our long snapper.

Has he ever long snapped before? If not, this is a stupid thread.

Phobia
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM

Sex
Drinking
Marriage
Sex
Video games
Highway driving
Sex
Kissing
Felching
Sex

I suppose you could get threads on drinking and Video games. But you've no business in any of the others.

Phobia
05-18-2008, 08:49 PM

It was a stupid thread to begin with and then goatse started posting in it.

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:04 PM

I dont know if he has or not. The reason I say this cause he's a project. Why not teach this project how to do these things. Its not a stupid thread if he hasnt snapped its just askin if he has or not and if he could be taught to do it.

The best long snapper KC ever had that I remember is Kendall Gammon. I dont know how good Darche is, never really got to see the games last year.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Darche was pretty good last year, Roy. There's no real need for a replacement.

Pablo
05-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Darche was pretty good last year, Roy. There's no real need for a replacement.Just answer his f*cking questions. He only wants to know the SSN, dietary staples, and last recorded bowel movement of our 53 man roster. Is that too much to ask?

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Darche was pretty good last year, Roy. There's no real need for a replacement.

Well then disregard the topic then.

I hate the fact that we drafted a guy that is just known as a blocker and not a receiving threat too. I dont know if Brad Cottam is any good at blocking or not but from what i've heard is that he is terrible at it.

The pick of Merritt in the 7th round just wasnt appealing to me.

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Now this thread is starting to get way out of hand.

Why do you guys have to take things and twist it till you cant twist it no more ?

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I hate the fact that we drafted a guy that is just known as a blocker and not a receiving threat too.

He was the last pick in the draft. The Chiefs had him rated as one of the best blocking tight ends in the entire draft. Great pick.

I dont know if Brad Cottam is any good at blocking or not but from what i've heard is that he is terrible at it.

He was drafted to be Dunn's replacement. He's a good blocker according to Herm and company.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Why do you guys have to take things and twist it till you cant twist it no more ?

Start a thread on nipples if you want.

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:20 PM
He was the last pick in the draft. The Chiefs had him rated as one of the best blocking tight ends in the entire draft. Great pick.

He was drafted to be Dunn's replacement. He's a good blocker according to Herm and company.

Well from what i've read is that he is a terrible blocker, gets overpowered and doesnt finish on the blocks.

But I have no choice but to trust Herm and Co.

Maybe Michael Merritt could bulk up and became a Offensive Lineman. After all Brian Waters was a Tight End I believe before he became a guard.

blueballs
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
rep
roy17 posted a thread with Merritt

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Well from what i've read is that he is a terrible blocker, gets overpowered and doesnt finish on the blocks.

The Chiefs disagree with you.

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:24 PM
The Chiefs disagree with you.

Yep, but I still question that pick. I still wish we would have drafted Anthony Collins with that pick. The guy is injury prone.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Yep, but I still question that pick.

I'll let Bill Kuharich know.

royr17
05-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll let Bill Kuharich know.

No No Dont do that. He probably try to hunt me down and kill me since I didnt like one of his draft picks.

LMAO, I like Bill Kuharich he's a good draft evaluator and talent, just didnt like that pick.

Skip Towne
05-18-2008, 09:41 PM

Merritt is Mr. Irrelevant?

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Merritt is Mr. Irrelevant?

Our last pick.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2008, 10:03 PM
We need a long snapper to complement another long snapper?

Pablo
05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
We need a long snapper to complement another long snapper?Don't question Roy. Long snappers are a hot commodity. And with as much as we punt, you bet your ass we better have two long snapping greats in place. Merritt for LS OTF!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-18-2008, 10:10 PM
We have a very good long snapper in Darche. Ask Seattle if they miss him. They talked about it a lot on sports radio last year. I saw you say you didn't like the pick Roy and that's fair. Who would you have taken instead?

el borracho
05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
We need a long snapper to complement another long snapper?

Merritt: You look very fashionable today, Jean-Phillipe. I like the way you've put the helmet on the head and the cleats on the feet. Now snap, Jean-Phillipe! Snap your ass off!
Darche: I'm ready.

royr17
05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
We have a very good long snapper in Darche. Ask Seattle if they miss him. They talked about it a lot on sports radio last year. I saw you say you didn't like the pick Roy and that's fair. Who would you have taken instead?

Who would I have taken instead. Thats a good question. I would have to say .... I would have taken a shot at Jeremy Geathers from UNLV.

royr17
05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I would've probably tooken a chance on Adarius Bowman in the 7th round too. I mean he be a 7th rounder for crying out loud.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
I would've probably tooken a chance on Adarius Bowman in the 7th round too. I mean he be a 7th rounder for crying out loud.

Has anyone even signed him yet? I don't think Geathers would've been a bad pick. I just think that getting one of the best blocking tight ends in the 7th round for an offense that is trying to rejuvenate its lost running game in a scheme that features a lot of double tight end sets is not a bad idea. Whew. That was a deep breath. Anyways, I liked the pick, and I liked the Cottam pick. Maybe I'm a homer?

royr17
05-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Has anyone even signed him yet? I don't think Geathers would've been a bad pick. I just think that getting one of the best blocking tight ends in the 7th round for an offense that is trying to rejuvenate its lost running game in a scheme that features a lot of double tight end sets is not a bad idea. Whew. That was a deep breath. Anyways, I liked the pick, and I liked the Cottam pick. Maybe I'm a homer?

Ok. So you have Gonzo who is the starter. You draft Cottam in the 3rd round that is a receiving tight end as well as a blocker and then draft Merritt in the 7th round when he is only known as a blocker.

So where does that leave the 7th rounder from last year Michael Allan ?

Merritt wont see the field cause the chiefs will go with 2 tight ends. My guess would be they may try to move Merritt to offensive line. Work with him like they did with Brian Waters.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok. So you have Gonzo who is the starter. You draft Cottam in the 3rd round that is a receiving tight end as well as a blocker and then draft Merritt in the 7th round when he is only known as a blocker.

So where does that leave the 7th rounder from last year Michael Allan ?

Merritt wont see the field cause the chiefs will go with 2 tight ends. My guess would be they may try to move Merritt to offensive line. Work with him like they did with Brian Waters.

If he's the best blocker of the bunch, he'll see the field more than anyone but TG.

royr17
05-18-2008, 10:34 PM
If he's the best blocker of the bunch, he'll see the field more than anyone but TG.

Then you become predictable on the field just like when Jason Dunn came in the game.

ChiefsCountry
05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Then you become predictable on the field just like when Jason Dunn came in the game.

And that really stopped those offenses.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Herm Edwards is our head coach. The offense is going to be predictable no matter what.

royr17
05-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Herm Edwards is our head coach. The offense is going to be predictable no matter what.

Well I guess that pretty sums up our season is down the drain.

Direckshun
05-18-2008, 10:46 PM
This is your answer to everything.

"Of course he's a good blocker, Herm and company believes he is."

"Of course Albert will be a good tackle, the Chiefs obviously think he is."

You've used this line of argument a few times now, and it's a fallacious appeal to authority, nothing more. I've suggested this before, but perhaps your increasing proximity to the Chiefs organization may be clouding your judgment because believe it or not, Herm's not Jesus Christ, he does make mistake.

Besides, Jesus Christ hates the Chiefs to begin with.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 10:51 PM
This is your answer to everything.

"Of course he's a good blocker, Herm and company believes he is."

"Of course Albert will be a good tackle, the Chiefs obviously think he is."

You've used this line of argument a few times now, and it's a fallacious appeal to authority, nothing more. I've suggested this before, but perhaps your increasing proximity to the Chiefs organization may be clouding your judgment because believe it or not, Herm's not Jesus Christ, he does make mistake.

Besides, Jesus Christ hates the Chiefs to begin with.

I didn't say he was a good blocker. I haven't watched a second of his tape. I said the Chiefs think he is. We'll see if they're right.

One scout said he was too tall to be an effective blocker, however. I found that interesting.

Direckshun
05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I didn't say he was a good blocker. I haven't watched a second of his tape. I said the Chiefs think he is. We'll see if they're right.

One scout said he was too tall to be an effective blocker, however. I found that interesting.
*shrug*

Dude's 6'4". Dunn was 6'6".

Hell, Cottam's 6'8".

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 10:57 PM
*shrug*

Dude's 6'4". Dunn was 6'6".

Hell, Cottam's 6'8".

I was talking about Cottam, not Merritt.

Direckshun
05-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I was talking about Cottam, not Merritt.
That's what I thought about Cottam, too. But proper technique can remedy that, but the dude's raw.

People keep saying he'll be Dunn's replacement; I think the drafting of Merritt shuts that down. Cottam is clearly being groomed to replace Tony G.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 11:00 PM
That's what I thought about Cottam, too. But proper technique can remedy that, but the dude's raw.

People keep saying he'll be Dunn's replacement; I think the drafting of Merritt shuts that down. Cottam is clearly being groomed to replace Tony G.

The Chiefs themselves think Cottam can replace Dunn as a blocker. That came from them. Merritt is going to be in a battle to make the roster I think.

By the way, you're doing a nice job with AP.

Direckshun
05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
The Chiefs themselves think Cottam can replace Dunn as a blocker. That came from them. Merritt is going to be in a battle to make the roster I think.

By the way, you're doing a nice job with AP.
Hey man, that's nice of you to say. Thanks. :)

I've just seen too much promise from Cottam as a receiver. He's got very good speed for a guy his size, and his hands are good. You can teach technique, but you can't teach soft hands. I think he's a baller, and as soon as the Chiefs start seeing the massive matchup problem he creates in the middle of the field, they'll be too seduced to put him in as a strict blocker.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey man, that's nice of you to say. Thanks. :)

I've just seen too much promise from Cottam as a receiver. He's got very good speed for a guy his size, and his hands are good. You can teach technique, but you can't teach soft hands. I think he's a baller, and as soon as the Chiefs start seeing the massive matchup problem he creates in the middle of the field, they'll be too seduced to put him in as a strict blocker.

Well yeah, but someone's got to block in 2 TE sets.

He could be a real weapon down on the goal line, though. He's sure to get single coverage.

Direckshun
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Right, and that, in my opinion, elevated Cottam above so many of the other TE prospects this year. So many TEs this year were basically bigger, slower receivers. Golden hands but really iffy on the grindwork of inline blocking.

Am I, as a defensive lineman, supposed to be particularly concerned with Dustin ****ing Keller? Dude's not even 250. John Carlson? Not much bigger. Fred Davis? Same. Now, give me a big ****ing dude who's 6'8" and 270 lbs, and now we're talking a guy who can create some trouble.

People get seduced by hands when they evaluate TEs, they forget there's an equally important facet of the game that doesn't produce statistics. Cottam's frame makes him a much better all-around guy than most TEs.

ChiefsCountry
05-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I wonder if Cottam will be used like Mark Bruener was in Gailey's offenses with Pittsburgh.

royr17
12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
bump

royr17
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I know this guy has been hurt, but why hasnt he seen the field yet ?

royr17
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Plus just wondering why didnt the Chiefs keep Michael Allan ?

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I know this guy has been hurt, but why hasnt he seen the field yet ?

You just answered your own question with the first statement.

royr17
12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
You just answered your own question with the first statement.

I know that he's been hurt, but you would think with him being regarded as a pretty good blocker that he would've done seen the field.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
He is a project, he isnt seeing the field till he is ready. Hell he didnt play at all in preseason.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
bump

Yes, you're still a moron.

Kylo Ren
12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Plus just wondering why didnt the Chiefs keep Michael Allan ? You think they should keep 4 TE's? I like Michael Allen, but there's no room for him. We've got the HoF TE, a utility TE and a blocking TE. All of the positions are filled.

Dartgod
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes, you're still a moron.
Not cool.