PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal for AustinChief: CP Premium Membership

Pages : [1] 2

Frazod
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I propose creating a premium level of Planet membership.

Premium membership would cost, say, $5 per month. Maybe buy a year in advance for $50. Nothing expensive or burdensome; just enough to clear out the suckers.

Non-premium members could still come here and ride for free. Lurkers could still lurk to their hearts' content. Trolls could still troll.

The perks of premium membership would be two-fold:

1. Only premium members are allowed to vote in polls regarding the operation of the site. (Regular polls would continue to be open to the general public at the option of the poll starter).

2. Premium members can participate in a separate premium members only forum (call it a lurker/troll free zone).

I see this as a win-win for Kyle, who would certainly appreciate the influx of cash, and those of us who would happily pay for the privilege of premium membership who are tired of being dragged around by n00bs, multiple login types and trolls.

Discuss.

StcChief
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
I sent DaFace something similar that I got from Faiders forum.

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I would buy a premium membership...but get over yourself guy. Why do you have to start some gay ass poll every week that is about community or guy on guy buttsex or blah blah blah blah blah...

I vote we give Frazod and Zach there own sub-forum so they can start threads for each other and talk about how Zach was a great football player and how awesome it is to be a part of such a great internet community...that way we don't have to read all of this faggy shit every week.

FAX
We'll have to figure out a way to keep the N00bs (sp?), multiple login types, and trolls from paying the $5 dollars, Mr. frazod.

I say we rob them.

FAX

the Talking Can
the death of Chiefsplanet

i appreciate your concerns, but this would be the final undoing of what little of the original Chiefsplanet spirit remains...

maybe we just need a heavier hand moderating the board...although that too undoes the reasons we came here in the first place...

oh well, things change....

|Zach|
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I would buy a premium membership...but get over yourself guy. Why do you have to start some gay ass poll every week that is about community or guy on guy buttsex or blah blah blah blah blah...

I vote we give Frazod and Zach there own sub-forum so they can start threads for each other and talk about how Zach was a great football player and how awesome it is to be a part of such a great internet community...that way we don't have to read all of this Rump Rangergy shit every week.

I live under your skin.

blueballs
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
people with money are better/less douchey than people without
what ****ing planet have you been living on

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Pretty solid idea.

My thinking is that you'd want to have people pay yearly, because God knows there are enough dipshit trolls that would gladly pay $5 each month to run rampant in the "premium" section.

Bane
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM

I vote we give Frazod and Zach there own sub-forum so they can start threads for each other and talk about how Zach was a great football player and how awesome it is to be a part of such a great internet community...that way we don't have to read all of this Rump Rangergy shit every week.

Priceless.LMAO

kcxiv
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Chiefs Planet Illustrated. We just dont get any leeet inside infos! lol

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 03:41 PM

i appreciate your concerns, but this would be the final undoing of what little of the original Chiefsplanet spirit remains...

maybe we just need a heavier hand moderating the board...although that too undoes the reasons we came here in the first place...

I'd be on board with that as well, but we all know it's not gonna happen.

FAX
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
How about a super-special, ultra cool forum that only the most awesomest posters of all times can belong to? Invitation only and all. We can serve Triscuits.

FAX

Frazod
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM

It's not a poll dumbass. This is a way to preserve the community for those of us who treat it as such.

And you sure are on with the gay banter today. Did your boyfriend forget to send flowers or something?

JBucc
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I say we disallow posting for new users until they get past 100 posts.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I say we disallow posting for new users until they get past 100 posts.

ROFL

Pablo
Eh, it's nice in principle.

I like posting here, but I'm not going to pay for anything. I suppose I'd just stay out of the premium zone because $50 a year pays for my X-Box Live membership.

Frazod

Well, we damn well need something. This place is like the f#cking monkey cage at the zoo anymore.

Bob Dole
Kyle should personally call every new registrant and screen them before granting access.

Maybe change the site name to NEKSChiefs.com.

HARDCORE BRO!!!11!!

the Talking Can
05-19-2008, 03:45 PM
we could ban hootie

that would go along ways towards reducing the "13 yr old douchebag" factor....

worked with goatsex...for awhile...

Bob Dole
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Eh, it's nice in principle.

I like posting here, but I'm not going to pay for anything. I suppose I'd just stay out of the premium zone because $50 a year pays for my X-Box Live membership.

That's kind of the point. $50 a year would keep out the 12 year olds.

the Talking Can
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, we damn well need something. This place is like the f#cking monkey cage at the zoo anymore.

i hear you, honestly

my hope is that the regular season will clean things up a bit...right now, no one has anything to talk about (oh wither draft forum!)...

so, the dumb asses reign....

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM
It's not a poll dumbass. This is a way to preserve the community for those of us who treat it as such.

And you sure are on with the gay banter today. Did your boyfriend forget to send flowers or something?

The gay banter stems from reading all of your cock smoking threads about preserving a community...

IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD.

I think it's cool some of you meet up at Chiefs games or hang out a few times a year...feel free to stop accepting new members and deleting everyone you don't like...I think the majority of us could go on without Chiefsplanet...but like I said, if you had it your way, this board would consist of 10 people...10 really gay people.

Donger
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Perhaps it's just me, but it doesn't seem any worse (or better) now than it ever has around here during off season.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
i hear you, honestly

my hope is that the regular season will clean things up a bit...right now, no one has anything to talk about...

so, the dumb asses reign....

JMO, but there were MANY more dumbasses around when the games were going on.

They all come out from under their rock, and post a new thread on whatever idea is floating around in their head...

I've given up on posting on gameday - your thread gets bumped to the second page within minutes.

Pablo
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
That's kind of the point. $50 a year would keep out the 12 year olds.Hilarious.

It might keep out the college aged posters who actually value $50 as well. I know this forum is predominantly 40-60 year old men who probably don't care about spending $50, but some of us do.

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
we could ban hootie

that would go along ways towards reducing the "13 yr old douchebag" factor....

worked with goatsex...for awhile...

we should just play survivor chiefsplanet and vote everyone off...

I agree though...everyone that Frazod doesn't like should be banned...we are ruining his community...it's an outrage! Missouri fans only! Cardinal fans only!

Lets get rid of everyone!

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
JMO, but there were MANY more dumbasses around when the games were going on.

They all come out from under their rock, and post a new thread on whatever idea is floating around in their head...

I've given up on posting on gameday - your thread gets bumped to the second page within minutes.
In my opinion, on gameday, we should only have 1 thread...and Frazod should make it...lord knows making a chiefs related thread on a Sunday is against the rules around here!

Frazod
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM

This isn't about keeping anybody out. But seriously, when people are voting about the forum, should your vote and my vote count the same as some troll who just logged in to tell us what hillbillies we are or how much our team sucks? Come on.

Valiant
05-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Sorry but that is a foolish idea.. All the other places that have a premium content suck compared to here..

If you want to do a paid/VIP membership, make paid people get better/quicker search options or priority for connectivity during the draft or games when the Planet is busy.. Basically it would boot a lurker or non VIP member first so paid member would not get the planet is busy message.. That way you get something out of your money..

Or hell, make a VIP option to where they can use rep/money in a no limit poker game whereas non VIP members cannot play..

But a separate section for posting just for VIP is gay and would be the death knell of CP imo...

Hootie
Hilarious.

It might keep out the college aged posters who actually value $50 as well. I know this forum is predominantly 40-60 year old men who probably don't care about spending $50, but some of us do.

I say give Frazod and Zach their own forum...I'm sick of reading their flirtatious gay shit anyways...

|Zach|
In my opinion, on gameday, we should only have 1 thread...and Frazod should make it...lord knows making a chiefs related thread on a Sunday is against the rules around here!

Strawman. Nobody has ever advocated one thread and one thread only.

|Zach|
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
This place is what it is for better or for worse...I don't think this idea would have any success.

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
This place is what it is for better or for worse...I don't think this idea would have any success.

Oh no you di'int! NO SEX FOR YOU TONIGHT!

blueballs
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
the full moon isn't until tomorrow
start the emergency room thread now

Spott
I say give Frazod and Zach their own forum...I'm sick of reading their flirtatious gay shit anyways...

I think you're just mad that they aren't flirting with you.

BIG_DADDY

Yea but how are you going to keep out GOATSE and

JBucc
I know....we shall form a committee. A small group of wise men who can help police the boards and control problem posters. They will have the power to ban, close threads, change usernames, and create stickies. We shall call them....moderators!

Frazod
The gay banter stems from reading all of your cock smoking threads about preserving a community...

IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD.

I think it's cool some of you meet up at Chiefs games or hang out a few times a year...feel free to stop accepting new members and deleting everyone you don't like...I think the majority of us could go on without Chiefsplanet...but like I said, if you had it your way, this board would consist of 10 people...10 really gay people.

I know its JUST A MESSAGE BOARD to you, moron.

A place for you to sound off because no one in real life will listen to a goddamn thing you say about anything, ever.

A place for you to piss off people who in real life wouldn't acknowledge your pathetic existence if you lit yourself on fire and hopped up and down in their front yards.

I get that, really I do.

This is for people who feel differently.

|Zach|
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh no you di'int! NO SEX FOR YOU TONIGHT!

So is this it for you? Flailing your arms around or making straw man arguments?

ROYC75
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Personally, I see no reason to charge anybody for this site unless it goes BIG TIME. More services, inside stories, etc.

But I don't feel this was ever Kyle's intentions . I could be wrong, but when we left the KC Star BB, it was to have the freedom of speech.

Now we should have to pay for it ?

If money is needed to maintain it, I understand, but only for that.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry but that is a foolish idea.. All the other places that have a premium content suck compared to here..

If you want to do a paid/VIP membership, make paid people get better/quicker search options or priority for connectivity during the draft or games when the Planet is busy.. Basically it would boot a lurker or non VIP member first so paid member would not get the planet is busy message.. That way you get something out of your money..

Or hell, make a VIP option to where they can use rep/money in a no limit poker game whereas non VIP members cannot play..

But a separate section for posting just for VIP is gay and would be the death knell of CP imo...

While I respect your opinion, and can't disagree with most of what you posted - good ideas if they were possible - don't you think the demise of CP started well before now?

Think about all of the quality posters who have left this place for no other reason than the recent influx of dumbasses.

Hootie
05-19-2008, 03:59 PM

A place for you to sound off because no one in real life will listen to a goddamn thing you say about anything, ever.

A place for you to piss off people who in real life wouldn't acknowledge your pathetic existence if you lit yourself on fire and hopped up and down in their front yards.

I get that, really I do.

"Oh jeez Scott, I sure love the Chiefs!"
"You do!! So do I!"
"Holy shit, I can't believe we both like the Chiefs and we met online!"
"Yeah, I know, this is awesome..."
"Oh man, you want to hang out sometime?"
"Yeah, we can drink beer and talk about the Chiefs."
"THE CHIEFS SUCK"
"Hey, that's not fair, he's ruining our community!"
"Man, I miss how it used to be."

Moobs
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Elitists-planet. You have your cliques that have quite a bit of power around here anyways, what more do you want?

Phobia
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Elitists-planet. You have your cliques that have quite a bit of power around here anyways, what more do you want?

You take that back right now or I'll have you banned.

Donger
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Yea but how are you going to keep out GOATSE and

She's pretty hot

Frazod
05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Personally, I see no reason to charge anybody for this site unless it goes BIG TIME. More services, inside stories, etc.

But I don't feel this was ever Kyle's intentions . I could be wrong, but when we left the KC Star BB, it was to have the freedom of speech.

Now we should have to pay for it ?

If money is needed to maintain it, I understand, but only for that.

Not killing anybody's freedom of speech, Roy. Reread what I initially wrote. Unless you're a troll or a chimp, it really won't affect you.

Donger
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Not killing anybody's freedom of speech, Roy. Reread what I initially wrote. Unless you're a troll or a chimp, it really won't affect you.

How do you define "chimp"?

blueballs
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
The trolls also kill the circle jerking

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I guess I'm not seeing why people are opposed to this.

The Planet would run exactly the same, except that people who would like to have a real discussion about a topic could do so without having to fight trolls and dipshits.

In one sub-forum.

If you're willing to pay for that, great. Helps Kyle out as well.

If not, then business as usual.

ROYC75
05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
The trolls also kill the circle jerking

What's this ? GOATSE isn't going to like this, he was a regular pivot man.

Phobia
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
As long as blueballs doesn't have $50 count me in.

|Zach|
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
So is this it for you? Flailing your arms around or making straw man arguments?

I guess so.

blueballs
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I miss CPiggy
can't you put me on ignore
acn't Fraz put everyone on ignore

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I guess so.

Did you expect different?

BigVE
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Maybe, but some of the most under-handed/mean/rotten comments have been coming from LONG time members, not noobs. Who was the creep that was making fun of the guy who was seriously mourning over his dead dog? NOT a noob. You can't fix the planet, this one or the real one.

ROYC75
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM

That might be available by some other means. I dunno, unless Kyle is strapped for the cash, I say it takes away from why we broke away from the Star's BB.

But I'll go along with the majority anyway, Hell I have been tied up lately with Little League Baseball,girls softball and business finally picking up. :thumb:

kcxiv
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I know....we shall form a committee. A small group of wise men who can help police the boards and control problem posters. They will have the power to ban, close threads, change usernames, and create stickies. We shall call them....moderators!

I am a moderator at the 2k sports forums and they ramped up the mods out there so none of that bullshit can happen. I just hit them with the banstick if they get out of hand. They need to just add more mods. I am sure there are quite a few levelheaded folks that can do that.

blueballs
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
The I'm leaving threads will be replaced by
I want my $50 back because things didn't go their way
-this idea has promise after all

bogey
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
And then, all you pay members can create numerous threads saying, "if you were a paid member you could enjoy blah, blah, blah." It goes completely against the backbone of Chiefsplanet.

bogey
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM

I get that, really I do.

Don't read his shit man.

FAX
05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
We just need a real bitch to move in here and straighten us out.

What does Mr. Hooties' mom do on weekends?

FAX

Donger
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
We just need a real bitch to move in here and straighten us out.

What does Mr. Hooties' mom do on weekends?

FAX

That's been tried.

Hello - commatard on the loose.

The Bad Guy
05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Maybe we should start a thread about Hootie's pathetic ass pretending to be an alcoholic on an internet message board.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Maybe we should start a thread about Hootie's pathetic ass pretending to be an alcoholic on an internet message board.

ROFL

But I thought that going out 6 nights a week and drinking until you pass out doesn't necessarily make you an alcoholic?

Calcountry
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM

oh well, things change....Well, one thing is the same, no super Bowl.

Skip Towne
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
ROFL

But I thought that going out 6 nights a week and drinking until you pass out doesn't necessarily make you an alcoholic?

No, it makes him Endelt's understudy.

Calcountry
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
people with money are better/less douchey than people without
what ****ing planet have you been living on
The blue ball shaped one.

mikey23545
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
feel free to stop accepting new members and deleting everyone you don't like...

:grovel:

mikey23545
05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Hilarious.

It might keep out the college aged posters who actually think they know their ass from a hole in the ground as well.

FYP

Pablo
05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
FYPGo die old man.

DaFace
05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I think a lot of the angst lately stems from having to live through an offseason when our team's in the shitter, personally.

Sure-Oz
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
I won't pay but i can donate some here and there at times if the site really needed it. Eff WPI

KCChiefsMan
05-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm in

CoMoChief
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I'd do it if it came to be just because I like this place, but I think it's a stupid idea.

bogey
05-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I'd do it, but for the record, it screams WPI. But I would pay 50 bucks here, rather than WPI only because of GOATSE'S spamming.

Demonpenz
05-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I will paypal hootie and blueballs the money

stumppy
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM

1. Only premium members are allowed to vote in polls regarding the operation of the site. (Regular polls would continue to be open to the general public at the option of the poll starter).

2. Premium members can participate in a separate premium members only forum (call it a lurker/troll free zone).

I see this as a win-win for Kyle, who would certainly appreciate the influx of cash, and those of us who would happily pay for the privilege of premium membership who are tired of being dragged around by n00bs, multiple login types and trolls.

Discuss.

How often do we have a poll regaurding the operation of the site ? Not very. And so far the mods and Kyle have done an outstanding job running this place.

As far as a seperate forum I have an idea thats a win win for everyone. Start your own site and only invite the people you want. (Thats the only way you'll be rid of Hootie :p )

Tired of being dragged around by noobs........? How hard is it to roll the scroll wheel on your mouse just one more time to bypass something posted ?
It's easy as hell to NOT click on a thread posted by someone you already know is an idiot, attention whore, or bi-curious. I know for a fact it works on Goat Boy, I'm sure it will work on any of them.

Since I've been a member this place has been one big melting pot of people with varying degrees of interest in the Chiefs. It's what makes this place great.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Basileus777
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
What an awful idea. :shake:

ModSocks
05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
So is this a way to get rid of people like Me? Im on these forums everyday, logged in or not. I rarely post, because most people already say what im thinking and i dont feel a need to repeat what others are saying. I like reading other opinions; it's insightful. This is one of the best resources for not only NFL related info, but info on weird random events. That and i think most of you are hilarious. It's entertainment. It would suck if everyone adopted some elite attitude and decided to make there own little "Club". IT would be the end of this board. Yeah, some people make stupid posts and comments. It's what makes ChiefsPlanet so damn entertaining.

ModSocks
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Holy crap, when did i get 207 posts

The Franchise
05-19-2008, 05:54 PM

I vote for this over a separate forum.

Bearcat
05-19-2008, 06:30 PM

I think this idea could work if the forum was heavily monitored. Even in that case, the best idea might be to require the $50 (or whatever) up front. Someone would pay $50 to troll, but who would do it knowing they could get banned after a couple of posts?

The problem then becomes the "heavily monitored", and defining what is and what is not permitted. One thing about this board is that if you start a serious thread, the first 10 replies will be filled with sarcasm. It can be a little annoying during the times I'm actually looking for a decent discussion, but it ranks pretty low on the list of trollish behavior. Drawing that line, especially when people are paying money, would be incredibly difficult. There might end up being more polls voting people out than 'premium' threads.

I personally like the idea, and like it's been said, it's just another forum... I have no need for politics, so I don't go to DC. If someone doesn't have a need for serious discussion outside of what's provided in this forum, then don't pay for a premium membership.

Fairplay
05-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I will be in for the membership.

But we have to get the tags back or no deal.

stumppy
05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
If someone doesn't have a need for serious discussion outside of what's provided in this forum, then don't pay for a premium membership.

Define 'serious discussion'.

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
All CP members are equal but some CP members are more equal than others.

Brilliant.
<!-- Charles' George Orwell Links -->

Bugeater
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Anything involving poop.

Tribal Warfare
05-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I propose creating a premium level of Planet membership.

Premium membership would cost, say, $5 per month. Maybe buy a year in advance for $50. Nothing expensive or burdensome; just enough to clear out the suckers.

Non-premium members could still come here and ride for free. Lurkers could still lurk to their hearts' content. Trolls could still troll.

Discuss.

If this does happen, I'll bail and post somewhere else

Fairplay
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I would buy a premium membership...but only for queers like myself. Can i start some gay ass poll (pole, get it?) every week that is about community or guy on guy buttsex or blah blah blah blah blah...

WTF?

Tribal Warfare
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
All CP members are equal but some CP members are more equal than others.

Which will kill this place

Baby Lee
05-19-2008, 06:59 PM

After the decision in Cali, he was expecting a proposal and didn't get one.

banyon
05-19-2008, 07:03 PM
:grovel:

Everyone you don't like? Eventually you'd just have your own blog.

Bearcat
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM

One of the main reasons it's so hard to draw the line between 'serious discussion' and 'Nazi Mods' is that what once was funny will soon be ruined by everyone wanting to be funny at least 5 times.

If the forum states "Only reply if it's valuable to the discussion, and never reply with cute fads like 'antifreeze,' 'Damnit Carl,' 'repost,' etc"; some will take it as not being able to have the slightest amount of fun. But, it happens a few times then 2 years later people are still posting the same crap in every thread.

I'd say a serious discussion is one that doesn't involve personal attacks, thread hijackings (if it's 'Damnit Carl' or otherwise), or stirring the pot for no other reason than to stir the pot (meaning, arguing something not in order to make people think, but to annoy the sh*t out of them).

That doesn't mean it's old humorless pipe-smoking businessmen sitting around the fireplace, it would be a place where you could read a few threads without running into the next big ChiefsPlanet drama.

Tribal Warfare
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
In all honesty, If one believes that the BB needs a heavier hand then cool, hell when this place 1st came out the mods were more strict to sift out the antagonists on the BB, and the individuals who are here just to be a dumbass ( or are idiots).

DeezNutz
05-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Will the libs. from DC subsidize my yearly membership?

05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
As long as blueballs doesn't have $50 count me in.

ROFL

05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I love ya Fraz, but this is an awful idea.

Rain Man
05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Isn't this how Skull and Crossbones got started?

Bearcat
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
If this does happen, I'll bail and post somewhere else

I'm curious, why? I'm pretty tolerant of the crap, but a premium forum would give people who are sick of the sh*t the best way possible to ignore it. Just like DC, some would go to the premium forum and never come back, while others would use both. It would just be a way to filter out the noise and say "Okay, I'm looking for some real advice" or "I'm looking for a serious discussion". But, I don't pay for any message boards, and I don't post much on many at all, so I'm probably missing something.

Game threads would probably have to be a Lounge-only thing though... it's pointless to have 'premium' and 'normal' game threads when it's basically the same knee-jerk play-by-play & reaction.

Sully
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know about a membership fee. It has good and bad points.

As far as tightening the rules, I think that's a bad idea. I was a Mod at another board with very clear rules, and I was expected to enforce them. However, every little infraction turned into a 3 day discussion over the smallest details of the issue, and people trying to weasel out of what they said. You had to be damn near a lawyer to keep up, and there was little support from the Admins.

The great thing about here is that, though there are plenty of dumbasses, there are more adults/reasonable posters, and we tend to police ourselves pretty well. You are going to have your dumbasses that never go away, like Hootie and Meme, but overall, the openness of the place is what's great about it.

Tribal Warfare
05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm curious, why?

For the purpose, of the elitist attitude that comes along with it. I don't want to pay 60 bucks a year for information and a community I can find somewhere else. When this place was created in 2000, it was all about freedoms, but at the sametime the mediation was stern enough to keep the dumbasses out.( the ones who are here just to stir the shit)

Bearcat
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
For the purpose, of the elitist attitude that comes along with it. I don't want to pay 60 bucks a year for information and a community I can find somewhere else. When this place was created in 2000, it was all about freedoms, but at the sametime the mediation was stern enough to keep the dumbasses out.( the ones who are here just to stir the shit)

The Lounge would still be free, and I wouldn't think it'd be abandoned.

I think changing the Lounge now would stir up way too much crap, because a lot of people would get banned. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lounge stay loosely monitored and adding a tightly-monitored forum, regardless of whether it required a membership fee.

Eh... time to connect to the old Slingbox and watch House. :)

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2008, 07:51 PM

I think changing the Lounge now would stir up way too much crap, because a lot of people would get banned. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lounge stay loosely monitored and adding a tightly-monitored forum, regardless of whether it required a membership fee.

Eh... time to connect to the old Slingbox and watch House. :)

If you want a secluded, quiet, private place to have a talk/discussion then use PM's. To have a separate "premium membership only" forum stinks of elitism and is, IMO, unnecessary.

Spott
05-19-2008, 07:53 PM
The last thing I want is for this place to become like WPI.

cdcox
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I've been on here since day 1, well maybe day 2, even though I didn't actually register until day 30 or so. I'm not sure it's really changed that much. Signal to noise has always been an issue here. But a lot of the noise is pretty entertaining. Yeah, I wish some of the old crew (Mr. Blonde, StevieRay, Gaz, DOGPISS) would come back. And I wish some others would post as often as they used to (KCWolfMan, Titus, htismaqe, JOhn, MarkM, yada yada). But I also wish some of the posters like Packfan, and the dude that held up the bag of dog shit, and that guy that was always posting playoff predictions would come back because they were part of what made ChiefsPlanet the best site on the internet. But I can't change any of that, so I'll just do the best that I can and not worry about anyone else.

Frazod
05-19-2008, 08:05 PM
My modem is in the process of dying, and I cannot follow this thread or anything on the BB as a result. Will respond to things tomorrow.

Spott
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I've been on here since day 1, well maybe day 2, even though I didn't actually register until day 30 or so. I'm not sure it's really changed that much. Signal to noise has always been an issue here. But a lot of the noise is pretty entertaining. Yeah, I wish some of the old crew (Mr. Blonde, StevieRay, Gaz, DOGPISS) would come back. And I wish some others would post as often as they used to (KCWolfMan, Titus, htismaqe, JOhn, MarkM, yada yada). But I also wish some of the posters like Packfan, and the dude that held up the bag of dog shit, and that guy that was always posting playoff predictions would come back because they were part of what made ChiefsPlanet the best site on the internet. But I can't change any of that, so I'll just do the best that I can and not worry about anyone else.

You have a link to the dog shit guy? I remember all the others you listed except him/her.

Phobia
05-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Threads stumppy and badgirl haven't yet located.

Bugeater
05-19-2008, 08:09 PM
You have a link to the dog shit guy? I remember all the others you listed except him/her.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134294

cdcox
05-19-2008, 08:09 PM

I would have posted his user name if I could remember. Terrible with names.

blueballs
05-19-2008, 08:11 PM
ROFL

Aren't you overdue to have a group of illegal aliens
harvest shitaki mushrooms from your butt

Phobia
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Hamas Pampas or something like that.

Chief Wiggum
I have no qualms with Frazod (one of the first guys to give me positive rep actually), but I would hate to see this. I can afford this (I donated about that much to the CP this year already) but I would hate to see the segregation of so many from the Planet. Would it filter out a lot of the garbage posters? Probably. Would it get rid of a lot of good posters too? I'm sure it would. It would be like segregating people to the kid's table at Thanksgiving - not all bad, but people will be upset with the discrimination. (Threads in the main forum wouldn't be as good because so many valued posters would be in the *secret lounge*.

Also, I know I am a n00b, and it is not trendy on this site to have their backs (here comes the neg rep), but I think there are some really valuable posts by guys that are new to the Planet. I didn't post for the longest time because no one wanted to hear what I had to say (f*cking n00b!) but at the same time was called out because I was a lurker (why not just come out and post?).

I don't think any community - on the web or in real life - will ever be perfect, but I don't think the CP would attract as many as it does if it wasn't a pretty good community. JMO.

stumppy
Threads stumppy and badgirl haven't yet located.

You just had to didn't you ?

stumppy
05-19-2008, 08:14 PM

John Matrix.

Spott
05-19-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks. :thumb: That's some pretty good reading there.

Frazod
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm curious, why? I'm pretty tolerant of the crap, but a premium forum would give people who are sick of the sh*t the best way possible to ignore it. Just like DC, some would go to the premium forum and never come back, while others would use both. It would just be a way to filter out the noise and say "Okay, I'm looking for some real advice" or "I'm looking for a serious discussion". But, I don't pay for any message boards, and I don't post much on many at all, so I'm probably missing something.

Game threads would probably have to be a Lounge-only thing though... it's pointless to have 'premium' and 'normal' game threads when it's basically the same knee-jerk play-by-play & reaction.

Suddenly I can actually get on (damn Comcast :cuss: ). New modem should be delivered Wednesday.

Anyway, my desire for a premium forum is basically just me wanting a forum free of some of the poo-slinging juveniles (that's what I meant by "chimp," Donger) who have, IMO, gone a long way towards driving away quality members and overall causing this place to go to hell. Some are n00bs; some aren't. I wish it wasn't necessary. I wish the mods would do a better job of taking out the trash, but they don't and honestly, never have. Perhaps if they are unwilling to take care of business, perhaps a core of paying, concerned members could give them a helping hand in that regard.

And no, I'm not advocating NEPA madness. But somewhere between totalitarian control and the monkey cage this place has degenerated into, there must be a happy medium.

Phobia
05-19-2008, 08:20 PM
You just had to didn't you ?

I can't stop my mouth from opening in real life either. My wife has learned to live with it. You should too.

Chief Wiggum
05-19-2008, 08:22 PM

Holy shit (pun definitely intended), that guy must of had 5 gallons of moose in his hair.

05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Aren't you overdue to have a group of illegal aliens
harvest shitaki mushrooms from your butt

Aren't you over due at the crack house, village idiot?

05-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Not for nothing, but how in the **** did that dipshit blueballs make icon status? :spock:

I think his moron brother wile_coyote_ had somethin to do with it. the jackass bumps ancient threads and makes no sense, interesting. :hmmm:

Frazod
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Not for nothing, but how in the **** did that dipshit blueballs make icon status? :spock:

I think his moron brother wile_coyote_ had somethin to do with it. the jackass bumps ancient threads and makes no sense, interesting. :hmmm:

Are you sure my idea is awful?

05-19-2008, 08:51 PM

You know what, under the circumstances I may have to reconsider my observation.

Bugeater
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm just glad that Bill Parcells guy is finally gone.

05-19-2008, 09:00 PM

Yeah, me too. :D

Tribal Warfare
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM

I will, if premium membership becomes apart of the BB. I'll have no affiliation with a BB trying to segregate its members

Frazod
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM

And that Bugeater guy, too. What a dildo.

:)

Bugeater
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Oh God yes, I completely forgot about that cornhumping douchebag.

Cntrygal
05-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I didn't know you guys hated me that much :( I show back up and now you're talking about an exclusive forum. :(

Seriously, fwiw.... (I'm sure not much) ... I don't think a paid forum works to keep the trolls or the "not popular" (ie. mr negative poster) poster out. It's a modding nightmare IMO. We reviewed/updated our ToS at Billszone, then put it in a sticky and started cleaning house and enforcing rules (we had gotten pretty lax for awhile). People still have fun, but they're starting to recognize that there is a line and if it's crossed too far.... :D

Maybe 'Delt could come back and change people's names so they can't figure out how to log in and post?!?! ;)

05-19-2008, 09:08 PM

God damnit, you beat me to that one.

Bearcat
05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Holy crap, they killed Amber! :eek: The sequence of how everyone was dealing with it was quite moving... depressed with friends, eating cereal, etc. Good tv.

If you want a secluded, quiet, private place to have a talk/discussion then use PM's. To have a separate "premium membership only" forum stinks of elitism and is, IMO, unnecessary.

Heh.. how expected. The Chiefsplanet Law of Polar Opposites. Where "No Herm" equals "DV" and "Forum minus the trash" equals "gather a list of people who might be interested in what you have to say and start a PM discussion". LMAO

It's not elitism, it's getting what you pay for... and I don't even think payment would be necessary. A seperate forum that's moderated (er, more moderated) isn't going wreck the place. Once upon a time the DC forum was going to wreck the place.

vailpass
05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
A premium forum? lmao
Anyone who thinks a BB site is their real "community" and wants to weed out posters "who aren't serious about it" has serious emotional/social issues.
As a visitor it would seem to me that if you guys went to the 'all are equal and some are more so than others' system as Amnorix so aptly described you would lose what separates you from other bb's on the web.

Regardless of how much Fraz wants to hide in the basement with a few of his bestest intraweb buddy-boys the strength of this place lies in the fact that admission is unfettered and posters are given liberal range. Because the board is largely allowed/forced to police itself the board is constantly growing.

IMHO What Fraz proposes would restrict that growth at which point the bb begins it's path towards death.

Oh, note to Fraz: if they do go to a premium you can be assured I'll shell out the $50.00 (if AustinChief will sell me a membership) just so I can stand next to you in the executive washroom and piss on your shoes.
I'll sponsor memberships for all those from whom you wish to escape.
I'll be Al Czervik to your Judge Smails.

blueballs
05-19-2008, 09:20 PM
it weeds out animal haters

Demonpenz
05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
grumble grumble grumble. Chinese, gas prices, mexicans, n00bs, grumble grumble

HMc
05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
every board on the internet that's more than a year old has a bunch of veteran posters who constantly complain about how it's no longer like "the old days" and how all these new members have made the place shit.

The funny thing is that said "veterans" end up spending more time complaining than they do posting anything interesting or useful. Mostly they seem to piss off elsewhere and the "community" evolves with new members. Geniune trolls tend to get bored and move on fairly quickly anyway.

Logical
05-19-2008, 09:34 PM

oh well, things change....Yes

alanm
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Bad idea all around.:shake:

Dartgod
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't know if this is such a good idea. Having said that, I would probably send in my $$$ if it happened.

DaFace
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I know Kyle's mentioned having some sort of extra features for supporters; as of now, about the only extra thing is the ability to give users infractions, which is pretty much useless. I could see that type of thing happening, where people who donate get to use the search feature, for example. But this place is too anti WPI to ever have a separated forum I'd think.

Logical
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
This isn't about keeping anybody out. But seriously, when people are voting about the forum, should your vote and my vote count the same as some troll who just logged in to tell us what hillbillies we are or how much our team sucks? Come on.
I think only posters with 60,000 posts should be able to vote.:evil:

Only 7 posts and I can be a voting member.

Logical
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I wonder if I have paid enough to have a lifetime membership. I am old I probably don't have that many years left. Probably a good deal for Kyle.:p

05-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Aurthur Carlson as well. That guy was a friggin douche.

05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I think only posters with 60,000 posts should be able to vote.:evil:

Only 7 posts and I can be a voting member.

Damn post whores. :thumb:

Stinger
05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Lets see the days are getting longer, the grass is getting greener, weather is getting warmer, people are complaining about other posters and suggesting alternate forums *Wets index finger and sticks in the air* Yep off season is officially here.

Don't we go through this about 5 times a year during the off season season? :shake:

Although it seems to have started later. Or maybe with the crappy season we had last year it started earlier and is now getting into full swing after a break. :hmmm:

05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I am actually surprised it took this long for an official thread about it this year. Last seasons suckage took unusually longer to get over obviously. heh

Hammock Parties
05-19-2008, 10:16 PM
We already have premium members. People who donate to the site get their names bolded! We don't even have that at WPI. :(

Abba-Dabba
05-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Absolutely not. What would it accomplish in the long run? Nothing.

Then again, I think Kyle should take the suggestion and run with it for short term gain. Make some coin. Get in, get out strategy. Charge every fool who wants to pay $50 for a subforum seeking some type of BB utopia. Who really thinks it would be all peaches and cream in a pay forum? Are there suddenly not going to be disagreements in it? People won't get their feelings hurt there? Bullshit. Sounds BORING.

05-20-2008, 01:40 AM

Then again, I think Kyle should take the suggestion and run with it for short term gain. Make some coin. Get in, get out strategy. Charge every fool who wants to pay $50 for a subforum seeking some type of BB utopia. Who really thinks it would be all peaches and cream in a pay forum? Are there suddenly not going to be disagreements in it? People won't get their feelings hurt there? Bullshit. Sounds BORING.

Exit strategy? Off to DC. heh

Abba-Dabba
05-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Exit strategy? Off to DC. heh

Nope. Purely a money making event. If someone wants to give you money for something they are already getting for free. Why the hell not take it?

IMO I don't think a pay sub-furum would last more than the time allotted to those that signed up for it.

Skip Towne
05-20-2008, 05:47 AM
I think I'll stay outside with the proletariat.

Bearcat
05-20-2008, 06:43 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with not having disagreements or hurt feelings... it's simply another way to filter the crap. But, who knows how long the utopia would last... which is probably another reason to make it free or just a recommended contibution. :shrug:

Groves
05-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I say we go with a youth movement

RNR
05-20-2008, 07:41 AM
The Raider board I go to does that. Premium members are allowed to look up posts and threads, they have a game room ect. It really does not matter to me. I have hung out here on and off for years. I have learned to blow off people who I do not like or think are jerks. I would most likely pay a month to check it out, anymore would be a waste as I take long breaks from the internet.

Abba-Dabba
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with not having disagreements or hurt feelings... it's simply another way to filter the crap. But, who knows how long the utopia would last... which is probably another reason to make it free or just a recommended contibution. :shrug:

Exactly what crap are you looking to filter that you can't personally do yourself now?

ChiTown
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM

:thumb:

I'd like this place to be like I found it years ago as well. However, things change. Premium = Suck = Valued Members Leaving = No Thanks

Frazod
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
:thumb:

I'd like this place to be like I found it years ago as well. However, things change. Premium = Suck = Valued Members Leaving = No Thanks

I'm not quite sure where you've been, but valued members have been leaving already. Where is Parker? Stevieray? Russ? I could go on and on with the names of solid members who are never here anymore.

ChiTown
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm not quite sure where you've been, but valued members have been leaving already. Where is Parker? Stevieray? Russ? I could go on and on with the names of solid members who are never here anymore.

Sorry. "More Valued Members Leaving"

Frazod
05-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry. "More Valued Members Leaving"

Like who? Hootie? Boy that would be a f#cking tragedy, wouldn't it?

Again, the main forum would still be intact. The kiddies would still be free to rickroll, hump Huard's leg and wish hatred upon departed pets.

Mr. Plow
05-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I haven't read through the entire thread, but initially I just got a really bad "Warpaint" feeling.

ChiTown
05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Like who? Hootie? Boy that would be a f#cking tragedy, wouldn't it?

Again, the main forum would still be intact. The kiddies would still be free to rickroll, hump Huard's leg and wish hatred upon departed pets.

I get your point. I just don't like the idea of a premium membership. I'm not sure it's going to accomplish everything you're hoping for. $50/yr won't keep away the opinions and ideas you don't agree with. People can pony up that much if they are passionate about the Chiefs and this site, and still find a way to bother you.

jmho

Frazod
05-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I get your point. I just don't like the idea of a premium membership. I'm not sure it's going to accomplish everything you're hoping for. $50/yr won't keep away the opinions and ideas you don't agree with. People can pony up that much if they are passionate about the Chiefs and this site, and still find a way to bother you.

jmho

I'm not seeking Utopia. But shit has really gotten out of hand lately, and I'm sick of nobody doing anything about it.

Lzen
05-20-2008, 08:44 AM

I agree.

HemiEd
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM

Tim, I consider you a friend and usually agree with your takes. However, as several people have stated, things change. The world moves on, people move on, posters move on. No matter what you do, it will continue to happen.

I would venture a guess, that all the posters that have moved on, have replaced this place, with something they feel stronger about, at this time in their life.

I am a n00b to many of you, but I have learned to ignor posts and posters that I want to ignor. I also seek out posts, from posters I enjoy reading. I don't need any software of special forums to do that.

just my opinion.

ChiTown
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm not seeking Utopia. But shit has really gotten out of hand lately, and I'm sick of nobody doing anything about it.

No disagreement there.

Do like I do. I disappear for weeks, and then show up until it gets stale again. I'll leave, and come back when the mood hits. I spend WAAAAAAAAAAAY less time posting here than I used to years ago. I'm more of a lurker than anything else. It's made my experience much more enjoyable.

RNR
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Tim, I consider you a friend and usually agree with your takes. However, as several people have stated, things change. The world moves on, people move on, posters move on. No matter what you do, it will continue to happen.

I would venture a guess, that all the posters that have moved on, have replaced this place, with something they feel stronger about, at this time in their life.

I am a n00b to many of you, but I have learned to ignor posts and posters that I want to ignor. I also seek out posts, from posters I enjoy reading. I don't need any software of special forums to do that.

just my opinion.

Shut up noob! ;)

Hammock Parties
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Frazod, do you frequent any other internet forums?

Fairplay
05-20-2008, 09:04 AM

What happened to him? Did he have one of those, i'm leaving the planet forever moments?

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Frazod, do you frequent any other internet forums?

No.

blueballs
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Glenn Dorsey presses his forehead on the driver’s-side window, looking behind him and trying not to smile.

An elderly woman has pulled her Jaguar to the left of Dorsey’s giant white Hummer. It has 30-inch rims and a sound system that pumps Young Jeezy loud enough they might hear the bass in East Texas. The woman looks at the driver’s-side window of the Hummer. She can’t see Dorsey through the darker-than-the-legal-limit window tinting, so he stares — and waits for it.

“I like to look at the old ladies’ faces when they drive up,” Dorsey says, keeping the beat with his thumb on the steering wheel. “They never know what to think.”

Then it happens. The woman grimaces at the sound and sight of this four-wheeled monstrosity and shakes her head. Dorsey can’t take it any longer. He erupts in laughter and turns to his cousin, Shawn Nelson, who is riding shotgun and laughing, too.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:07 AM
What happened to him? Did he have one of those, i'm leaving the planet forever moments?

He is now GoBo.

That little exchange will make a bit more sense to you now. :)

Hammock Parties
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
No.

That might explain this thread then. You're not used to the way a great deal of forums on the internet operate (low signal to noise ratio). When it impedes on your haven of Chiefs talk, you understandably get a little pissed off over it. I sympathize. But it could be much worse. MUCH worse.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2006/10/20040319h-thumb.jpg

Lzen
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Just curious but what browser do you use? If it's Firefox, I wonder have you tried the ffvb add on? It is fantastic. I don't even see anything typed by blueballs or chiefsmanwillgetyou.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Just curious but what browser do you use? If it's Firefox, I wonder have you tried the ffvb add on? It is fantastic. I don't even see anything typed by blueballs or chiefsmanwillgetyou.

At home, yes. Here, it's not an option.

HemiEd
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Shut up noob! ;)

ROFL This place could use more of that IMO.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
That might explain this thread then. You're not used to the way a great deal of forums on the internet operate (low signal to noise ratio). When it impedes on your haven of Chiefs talk, you understandably get a little pissed off over it. I sympathize. But it could be much worse. MUCH worse.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2006/10/20040319h-thumb.jpg

Yes, I understand the Hootie Factor.

Saulbadguy
05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Good idea.

El Jefe
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hilarious.

Yep, I happen to agree with you on this. To some people 50 bucks is more than just pocket change. I know what people are going to say, well you spend money on what you want, and 50 bucks isn't much, and it's well worth the entertainment. I highly value Chiefs Planet and I spend a lot of time on here during my slow times at work, I think it's great for info and entertainment. I think it would be a bad idea, but that is just my opinion. So we will see what the braintrust votes on.

teedubya
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Frazod started this thread... priceless.

Hammock Parties
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Hootie's not even the worst you can encounter out there.

Imagine a forum full of posters like Brock and Valiant, with the literacy of blueballs and kcnut.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Frazod started this thread... priceless.

Apparently naptime is over at the preschool.

blueballs
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM

Imagine a forum full of posters like Brock and Valiant, with the literacy of blueballs and kcnut.

I realize I'm no Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan
no illusions at all

Phobia
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM

I'd take 1000 of the those over one with the consideration, humility, and respect of goatse.

sedated
05-20-2008, 09:53 AM
you know you're officially an bitter old man when you constantly reminisce about the good ole days, and constantly bitch about "these annoying kids".

Skip Towne
05-20-2008, 09:54 AM

He made my ignore list early on.

FAX
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
As a poster, I wish I had the intelligence of Mr. Baby Lee, the N00b (sp?) smashing ability of Mr. Skip Towne, the premium access of Mr. GoChiefs, and Mr. Bob Dole's girlfriends.

FAX

RNR
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM

The problem is some start as a f**kwads and then you add the other factors :rolleyes:

smittysbar
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM
I think a more strict moderation would be more helpful to the situation. But in all honestly, this place is great compared to places like NEPA, The Star, and ESPN.

If it did go through, I think it would help out fatchatter quite a bit.

Skip Towne
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I think a more strict moderation would be more helpful to the situation. But in all honestly, this place is great compared to places like NEPA, The Star, and ESPN.

If it did go through, I think it would help out fatchatter quite a bit.

That's what I thought. It is probably where I would go.

Stinger
05-20-2008, 10:18 AM

Skip is the Pied Piper ... Hey skip any chance of leading all the incompetent n00bs over there?

Gonzo
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM

I went over there, posted once and determined it was teh gheyest.
I'd pay the 50 bucks a year if I had to.
Fatchatter is a decent board if you are one of those guys that need to fill out a material pass in triplicate to transport their testicles from the wife's purse to the ball game, (i.e. kitchen pass).

I think most threads there would have something to do with yard work or "feelings".

smittysbar
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Fatchatter is a decent board if you are one of those guys that need to fill out a material pass in triplicate to transport their testicles from the wife's purse to the ball game, (i.e. kitchen pass).

I think most threads there would have something to do with yard work or "feelings".

IMO you are way far off.

Gonzo
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM
IMO you are way far off.

Really? I spent a while there going through the threads. I really thought it was kinda dry.

FAX
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM

LMAO

FAX

Skip Towne
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM

I posted there a few times and found several KU haters so I didn't stay. But I could probably make it work.

smittysbar
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Really? I spent a while there going through the threads. I really thought it was kinda dry.

It is a new board, which CP members seem to hop back and forth or post on both. I don't think they have officially "opened" just kinda working out the kinks first.

I like going over there some, but findthedr has found a home over there, that seems to keep me away some also.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-20-2008, 10:39 AM
As a poster, I wish I had the intelligence of Mr. Baby Lee, the N00b (sp?) smashing ability of Mr. Skip Towne, the premium access of Mr. GoChiefs, and Mr. Bob Dole's girlfriends.

FAX

And Mr. Flopnuts, well, ya know.

FAX
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh ... and I almost forgot ... and the well-fitting boxers of Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

FAX

tooge
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I guess I'm not seeing why people are opposed to this.

The Planet would run exactly the same, except that people who would like to have a real discussion about a topic could do so without having to fight trolls and dipshits.

In one sub-forum.

If you're willing to pay for that, great. Helps Kyle out as well.

If not, then business as usual.

so who decides what constitutes a "dipshit"? I have read many posts here and come to my own conclusions about what people are like that I haven't met yet. But, does that make me an expert? No, a message board by definition is a place to "post" your thoughts, ideas, and have discussions. If you dont like someone's takes, put them on ignore, or do what we should have all been taught as little children, just ignore them.

chasedude
05-20-2008, 11:43 AM
so who decides what constitutes a "dipshit"? I have read many posts here and come to my own conclusions about what people are like that I haven't met yet. But, does that make me an expert? No, a message board by definition is a place to "post" your thoughts, ideas, and have discussions. If you dont like someone's takes, put them on ignore, or do what we should have all been taught as little children, just ignore them.

ignore just doesn't do it for some I guess.

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
so who decides what constitutes a "dipshit"? .

Me

38yrsfan
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Donate : yes Pay $50 : No (maybe less if there was a need/benefit)

IMO ... the best way to control your experience yourself;

*scroll past what you don't want to read
*don't read threads that don't appeal
*when responding avoid getting to personal unless both sides are familiar/comfortable with the exchange
*apologize when it is the right thing to do and avoid "thoughtless" post that you might regret (how many differnet logins can you keep track of otherwise)
*save your rage/anger/emotions for serious stuff, keep things in proper perspective.

Sorry if this sounds a little to "mature" but as a previous poster indicated - there are a lot of us 40-60 group, a group with a vast wealth of knowledge and resources by the way, and unfortunately maturity is one of things that life kind of forces on you if you want to get beyond offering fries with the burger.

I just don't feel that a fee will solve troll/thread problems.

IMHO

blueballs
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
One veteran privately expressed reservations about playing for a team undergoing such a massive rebuilding project during one of the final seasons of his career.

But Herm Edwards said he was getting a different message.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of those guys before this even took place, way back to when the season was over,” Edwards said. “They anticipated what was going to happen. I’ve spoken to them since it happened, since after the draft. They’re excited. They really are. It’s just the first day of school, so everyone’s excited, but there’s a different demeanor. There’s a different way they’re carrying themselves right now.

Gonzo
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
One veteran privately expressed reservations about playing for a team undergoing such a massive rebuilding project during one of the final seasons of his career.

But Herm Edwards said he was getting a different message.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of those guys before this even took place, way back to when the season was over,” Edwards said. “They anticipated what was going to happen. I’ve spoken to them since it happened, since after the draft. They’re excited. They really are. It’s just the first day of school, so everyone’s excited, but there’s a different demeanor. There’s a different way they’re carrying themselves right now.

:shrug: WTF?

sedated
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
If you are concerned about polls that affect the running of the board, why not just have an option to only allow members with a minimum number of posts vote? say 3000 or 5000.

CupidStunt
05-20-2008, 01:03 PM
ignore just doesn't do it for some I guess.

Took this long to get some serious mention of the ignore feature. Wow.

Seriously, if you ask me there are only a few complete and utter f**ktards with little to no intelligence and/or maturity. Those morons, like Hootie, are on my ignore list and have been for months. If there's a douchebag here I don't want to subject my poor little eyes to, I'll ink the fugger on my iggy list.

It's as simple as that for me.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
you know you're officially an bitter old man when you constantly reminisce about the good ole days, and constantly bitch about "these annoying kids".

My contempt for you has nothing to do with age, you noxious little reprobate. Your idiocy defies the passage of time.

FAX
05-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that Christine Van Gee set the Lumberjack Games women's world record in the Underhand Chop in 10 inch round yellow poplar with a time of 54.24 seconds. She set that record in 1995 and it still stands today. Here's to you, Christine Van Gee.

FAX

38yrsfan
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that Christine Van Gee set the Lumberjack Games women's world record in the Underhand Chop in 10 inch round yellow poplar with a time of 54.24 seconds. She set that record in 1995 and it still stands today. Here's to you, Christine Van Gee.

FAX

It was such a disappointment when the next year she finished 2nd behind Lori. :(

Logical
05-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I must say this thread has provided quality entertainment of course Mr. FAX gets most of the credit for that.

I just want to know how the n00B with less than 100 posts has reached Icon status, hell many long time posters of note have not reached that guys status level.

RJ
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
If a fella wanted to have a sort of exclusive message board that kept the riff-raff out and he had about 50 friends and acquaintances he wanted to invite and all of those folks were willing to cough up $50 a year for a total of $2500, could a fella run his own message board for that amount of money? If not, how much would be enough?

I'm just curious. I have no clue what these things cost.

DaFace
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
If a fella wanted to have a sort of exclusive message board that kept the riff-raff out and he had about 50 friends and acquaintances he wanted to invite and all of those folks were willing to cough up $50 a year for a total of $2500, could a fella run his own message board for that amount of money? If not, how much would be enough?

I'm just curious. I have no clue what these things cost.

Probably. This would likely give you the idea:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184663

RJ
05-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Interesting. So 50 guys tossing $50 in the pot should more than cover it.

Adept Havelock
05-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I must say this thread has provided quality entertainment of course Mr. FAX gets most of the credit for that.

I just want to know how the n00B with less than 100 posts has reached Icon status, hell many long time posters of note have not reached that guys status level.

1) A number of good chuckles to be found here, indeed.

2) I suspect it's a "Casino Cash" account, from before the loophole was closed.

For better and worse, dumbassery is part of the planet. Iggy and the new FF plugin are a better alternative than further fragmentation, IMNSHO.

DaFace
05-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Interesting. So 50 guys tossing $50 in the pot should more than cover it.

Yep. Based on what I've seen here, though, I wouldn't think that more than a handful of people would actually contribute to such a cause.

RJ
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I certainly wouldn't. A message board with 50 members would get prety damn dull. I'd rather live with the handful of posters who annoy me so I can enjoy the hundreds of posters I enjoy. But it's interesting that it could be done if one wished.

FAX
05-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Wait until you experience FAXLand.com, Mr. RJ. It will be the coolest board ever. We'll have hundreds of hot chicks posting like there's no tomorrow about which bra selections are most comfortable. Plus, we'll be introducing the Virtual Triscuit. Oh, and we'll also have live music, blindfolded checkers, and every Saturday we'll raffle off a jetski.

FAX

Rausch
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
My contempt for you has nothing to do with age, you noxious little reprobate.

LMAO

Rausch
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
You honestly can't put a price tag on the quality of dis-info-tainment the planet provides.

$50 a year to rid me of the nagging negatives and add a few positives?

In a heartbeat...

BigRedChief
05-20-2008, 05:54 PM
WTF is going on here? Can I get a lazy man recap so I don't have to read all 6 pages? Rep for alllllll!

HemiEd
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
WTF is going on here? Can I get a lazy man recap so I don't have to read all 6 pages? Rep for alllllll!

Brian has not been around enough to keep the n00bs in check and/or educated on the ways of the Planet, KCWolfman has had a lot changes in his life, Hawaiian has been awol for way too long, along with Mr. Blond. Mr. Fax got a deal on Triscuits.

blueballs
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Finheaven did this

Fairplay
05-20-2008, 06:52 PM
The check is in the mail.

Chief Wiggum
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Wait until you experience FAXLand.com, Mr. RJ. It will be the coolest board ever. We'll have hundreds of hot chicks posting like there's no tomorrow about which bra selections are most comfortable. Plus, we'll be introducing the Virtual Triscuit. Oh, and we'll also have live music, blindfolded checkers, and every Saturday we'll raffle off a jetski.

FAX

Now this is a site I will pay $50 for! Virtual triscuits?!? Those things are hard to find!

Tribal Warfare
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Finheaven did this

and look how they are viewed, a bunch of thin skinned pussies

FAX
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
We don't want no thin-skinned p*ssies 'round here.

However, I can see Mr. frazod's point. More than anyone I know, he seems to attract a lot of uncalledfor PMs from troll persons. Perhaps that's one of the reasons he feels this way. Certainly, were I to receive a large number of unintelligible messages from raider fans named "Martha's Skidmark" and "Ex-Con Paroled By Mistake", I might feel the same way.

FAX

DaFace
05-20-2008, 08:38 PM

It's all gone downhill since that Phobia guy left.

Frazod
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
and look how they are viewed, a bunch of thin skinned pussies

Overdramatize much? :rolleyes:

I know I've incurred the wrath of all you ACLU-HELP-HELP-I'M-BEING-OPPRESSED types, but if you are not (a) an absolute troll, (b) a jerk who is only here to anger or belittle others, or (c) an infantile moron who is too stupid to know when to shut up, nothing I have proposed would affect you in the slightest. Are you any of these things? No? So what's the problem?

RJ
05-20-2008, 08:50 PM

FAX

I suppose we'll have to take you at your word that those are hot chicks and not fat, bald, sweaty cigar smoking transvestites. But hey, as far as I know you've never lied to me before, FAX........aww, what the hell, count me in!

Reerun_KC
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I would pay for premium...

This place is my central news/sports/comedy relief.. I venture to no other sites...

Logical
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM

FAXWill Mr. Phobia be a moderator, that is imortant for website growth. No one can encourage real quality post whoring quite like Klosterphobia.

Logical
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM

I know I've incurred the wrath of all you ACLU-HELP-HELP-I'M-BEING-OPPRESSED types, but if you are not (a) an absolute troll, (b) a jerk who is only here to anger or belittle others, or (c) an infantile moron who is too stupid to know when to shut up, nothing I have proposed would affect you in the slightest. Are you any of these things? No? So what's the problem?I might be b and c and you hate me will you get Kyle to keep me out?

Frazod
05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I might be b and c and you hate me will you get Kyle to keep me out?

No. Granted, you are a shit-stirring jackass, and I do detest you, but you do not qualify under any of the criteria I listed. This is not about people I don't like, contrary to what others seem to thing. It's about people who piss all over this place and those who seem to think that's just fine and dandy.

ChiefaRoo
05-20-2008, 11:15 PM
I think a lot of the angst lately stems from having to live through an offseason when our team's in the shitter, personally.

You don't help DA when you play the part of Bob Dole's ass kisser in chief instead of a mod.

ChiefaRoo
05-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I posted there a few times and found several KU haters so I didn't stay. But I could probably make it work.

You know what's ironic Skip is the typical KU alum wouldn't even talk to your old redneck ass unless it was to instruct you on where to put the dish.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2008, 12:51 AM
So what's the problem?

The problem is why should one pay in general, because I can go to other BB's c, and I can get the same experience. This bullshit reeks of self entitlement by creating a separate forum for "paying customers".

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2008, 12:58 AM

I know I've incurred the wrath of all you ACLU-HELP-HELP-I'M-BEING-OPPRESSED types,

You're the one whining, and started this " help me" thread

Rausch
05-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Brian has not been around enough to keep the n00bs in check and/or educated on the ways of the Planet, KCWolfman has had a lot changes in his life, Hawaiian has been awol for way too long, along with Mr. Blond. Mr. Fax got a deal on Triscuits.

For being an 04 semi-noob you seem to have the basics down pretty well.

BTW, if'n you anyone knows hot to get ahold of KCWolfman (other than Frazod's wife) puch him inna' nuts for me...

Rausch
05-21-2008, 01:59 AM

I know I've incurred the wrath of all you ACLU-HELP-HELP-I'M-BEING-OPPRESSED types, but if you are not (a) an absolute troll, (b) a jerk who is only here to anger or belittle others, or (c) an infantile moron who is too stupid to know when to shut up, nothing I have proposed would affect you in the slightest. Are you any of these things? No? So what's the problem?

Being that I fall under both B and C I'll be filing suit and sending around 14 irritating emails a day.

I also plan to give your cat fiber pills.

You have been warned...

Abba-Dabba
05-21-2008, 03:56 AM
You honestly can't put a price tag on the quality of dis-info-tainment the planet provides.

$50 a year to rid me of the nagging negatives and add a few positives?

In a heartbeat...

How is $50 gonna rid you of the negatives? How are you going to stop anyone who you thinks brings a negative from paying their $50 and still be there to annoy you? You can't. Only thing you will be getting is a loss of $50. Hell, you won't won't even get a reciept to show you spent $50.

What you think will happen, is you will only have these certain individuals who you consider friends only ponying up the bones for a subforum that will have pretty much the same content but recieve less traffic and less dialogue than what is already here. I can't see any other reason to put this pay forum idea in the "Hey ya'll watch this" type thinking category. Instead of "hey ya'll watch this" though, it will be "hey'ya'll watch me blow $50 on absolutely nothing". Brilliant! That'll show em.

kcxiv
05-21-2008, 04:05 AM
If this site has anypay on there where others are off on their on forum section, this site will be dead like the last game of the year for the Royals. Few stragglers out there, but not enough to make any kinda noise.

Chiefnj2
05-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Do it. Lets see what happens.

rad
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
I don't think it's it's a good idea, but who the **** am I?

I think 'zod should be a mod. He seems passionate enough about this place to make sure a-holes aren't allowed to run roughshod all over the place.

Bearcat
05-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Exactly what crap are you looking to filter that you can't personally do yourself now?

I'm extremely tolerant of the crap, so it's not a huge deal either way. I don't use ignore much because there are very few people that add nothing to the board, even if there are several who don't add their value very often.

The crap would be stuff in the broad category of "not this sh*t again".... personal attacks & board rivalries (which are hard to avoid, because they can go on for pages), old one-liners (minor annoyance), spinoff threads such as the "keep f***ing doubting..." phase (hasn't happened in a while that I can remember, but very annoying and unavoidable), the attention-whoring dramaqueen stuff such as rep and tags (threads started for those purposes are easily ignored, but it's harder to avoid when it's a hijacked thread).

I know over time the mods here have gotten to a point where they don't want to be part of a board where they're always the bad person, so I think a seperate forum with relatively clear expectations regarding trolling, attention whoring, personal attacks, etc; could work for those who don't want all the drama.

This board is run by controversy, drama, and humor. I know because I get many more responses out of humor and assinine arguments about Lew Perkins than I do when I make a good point (or maybe my points aren't as good as I think they are :shrug: ); and a lot of the best posts from others get buried to make room for the hijackings/attacks/attention whoring.

Again, if it bothered me all that much, I wouldn't be here at all.... I'm mostly curious why people are against it (because, again, it wouldn't even have to require payment). The reason we created DC was because the over-the-top political arguments were too much for many members... Why not have a second playground?

Frazod
05-21-2008, 08:12 AM
The problem is why should one pay in general, because I can go to other BB's c, and I can get the same experience. This bullshit reeks of self entitlement by creating a separate forum for "paying customers".

Your location certainly seems accurate - comprehension and you are clearly far, far apart.

You WOULDN'T have to pay. Just as I'm sure you don't now. Continue to enjoy the free ride on other people's dime. Have a ball.

You've stated that you're in the "just a website" camp. If so, why do you give a shit if there's another forum filled with us imaginary internet people talking about our imaginary things? For something that doesn't matter to you, you sure are crying awfully loud, Mr. Nobody. Is your sense of entitlement so great that you feel like you need to monitor everything we say to each other? Shall I copy you on all my PMs? The last time I was in Jefferson City, Rausch bought my wife and I dinner. Since that meeting cost money and you couldn't passively eavesdrop, I assume you don't approve. Or maybe you'd feel better if I posted a transcript that Sedated or ChiefaRoo could sling poo at. :shake:

Frazod
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I think 'zod should be a mod. He seems passionate enough about this place to make sure a-holes aren't allowed to run roughshod all over the place.

Works for me.

Hammock Parties
05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Would you ban Hootie, frazod?

Frazod
05-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Would you ban Hootie, frazod?

He'd definitely get more time-outs.

Hammock Parties
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
He'd definitely get more time-outs.

The fact that you wouldn't outright permaban him (he doesn't deserve such a fate, IMO) speaks volumes. I think you'd make a great mod. You'd certainly take out the Bronco LB 52 trash when it hits.

Frazod
05-21-2008, 08:43 AM
The fact that you wouldn't outright permaban him (he doesn't deserve such a fate, IMO) speaks volumes. I think you'd make a great mod. You'd certainly take out the Bronco LB 52 trash when it hits.

The only person I'd ban immediately is NY58. I continue to be amazed that he hasn't been purged.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
You've stated that you're in the "just a website" camp. If so, why do you give a shit if there's another forum filled with us imaginary internet people talking about our imaginary things? For something that doesn't matter to you, you sure are crying awfully loud, Mr. Nobody. Is your sense of entitlement so great that you feel like you need to monitor everything we say to each other? Shall I copy you on all my PMs?

WTF? Who's being a drama queen now

Frazod
05-21-2008, 09:40 AM
WTF? Who's being a drama queen now

That would be you, Nancy.