PDA

View Full Version : Poop Free Gas? I just scored a $40 gas card

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Just for being in the right place at the right time. Took my wife's Beretta down to get a new fuel filter and the gas station next door was running a promotion. Place was a madhouse by the time I left, but it worked out well because my car was finished as they were starting the handouts. Since I was one of the first in line...............Pretty much a free fuel filter and installation. Thank you gas Gods.

Anyone see these promotions running in other parts of the country?

Sure-Oz
05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Wow, that'll get you half a tank!

Donger
05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I would hold on to it if I were you unless, of course, it has an expiration date.

Dartgod
05-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I would hold on to it if I were you unless, of course, it has an expiration date.
Why would he hold on to it?

blueballs
sympathy card

Donger
Why would he hold on to it?

Because prices will drop.

Dartgod
05-22-2008, 02:09 PM
OK, 'cause if you said that because prices will continue to rise....

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM

They made me fill as much as I could then gave me the card with the rest of the balance.

Donger
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
OK, 'cause if you said that because prices will continue to rise....

That wouldn't make me a very nice person, now would it.

beach tribe
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM

I don't know much about gas, but was under the impression that the price will only go up from here. What makes you so confident that it's going down?
I'm spending like 70 a week on gas right now. Prices dropping would be some damn good news to me.

Donger
05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know much about gas, but was under the impression that the price will only go up from here. What makes you so confident that it's going down?
I'm spending like 70 a week on gas right now. Prices dropping would be some damn good news to me.

Historically, prices tend to drop a week or so after Memorial Day.

Bowser
05-22-2008, 02:41 PM

Call me a cynic, but I judt don't get the feeling that's going to happen this year.

Donger
05-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Call me a cynic, but I judt don't get the feeling that's going to happen this year.

We certainly are in uncharted territory with the present price of crude, true.

mlyonsd
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
I just spent $40 buying gas enough to mow my yard maybe 3 times. This sucks.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that .02 per gallon drop to $3.76 in my neck of the woods...

WHOO! I JUST SAVED .34!!!111!

badgirl
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Just for being in the right place at the right time. Took my wife's Beretta down to get a new fuel filter and the gas station next door was running a promotion. Place was a madhouse by the time I left, but it worked out well because my car was finished as they were starting the handouts. Since I was one of the first in line...............Pretty much a free fuel filter and installation. Thank you gas Gods.

Anyone see these promotions running in other parts of the country?

Congratulations, giving out free gas these days is like someone giving you pure gold. Its 4.05 a gal here. What kinda prices are you guys seeing in your area?

Donger
05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Congratulations, giving out free gas these days is like someone giving you pure gold. Its 4.05 a gal here. What kinda prices are you guys seeing in your area?

I get mine for free.

Have you people ever tried to negotiate a better price at the gas station? Try it; it works sometimes. Just go in and tell the attendant: "I'll buy 13 gallons of premium at $2.00/gallon. Deal?"

badgirl
05-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I get mine for free.

Have you people ever tried to negotiate a better price at the gas station? Try it; it works sometimes. Just go in and tell the attendant: "I'll buy 13 gallons of premium at $2.00/gallon. Deal?"

And this works for you? I am sorry Donger, but going by the price of oil by the barrel they would probably lose money selling it to you for 2 bucks a gallon. If this has happened to you, you need to go to Saudi and negotiate our prices for the nation. Tell them you will give them no more than 30 bucks a barrel. Deal?

Donger
05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
And this works for you? I am sorry Donger, but going by the price of oil by the barrel they would probably lose money selling it to you for 2 bucks a gallon. If this has happened to you, you need to go to Saudi and negotiate our prices for the nation. Tell them you will give them no more than 30 bucks a barrel. Deal?

It works all the time for my wife.

El Jefe
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
It works all the time for my wife.

I dont buy it, I have never seen anyone barter for gasoline prices at a gas station. BTW Gas is 4.00 a gallion here

Donger
05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I dont buy it, I have never seen anyone barter for gasoline prices at a gas station. BTW Gas is 4.00 a gallion here

I'm not surprised. It's not a common practice.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

I pay $3.79 a gallon, but the Chevron station was selling it for 4.07. I'm probably gonna be on the news after making an ass out of myself. If I am, I'll link the video. I'm not proud, I embrace my inner dork.

chiefs1111
05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Right now its about $3.83 by me here in FLA

stlchiefs
05-22-2008, 03:50 PM

Time value of money? Is the card going to appreciate in value while he holds it? $40 today is better than $40 in the future, until he spends it he hasn't really received any benefit.

Here's a better idea, send me the gas card and here in St. Louis I'm sure I'll be able to purchase more gallons than you can on the coast. We should maximize the benefit of this thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Time value of money? Is the card going to appreciate in value while he holds it? $40 today is better than $40 in the future, until he spends it he hasn't really received any benefit.

Here's a better idea, send me the gas card and here in St. Louis I'm sure I'll be able to purchase more gallons than you can on the coast. We should maximize the benefit of this thing.

Check's err card's in the mail.

stlchiefs
05-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Check's err card's in the mail.

Great, nice doing business with you. You're a true Patriot willing to help the economy in this time of need.

Joie
05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
They were giving gas cards out at my company as an incentive.

Of course, this was happening in a department other than the one I work in. :cuss: