PDA

View Full Version : Life All Summer Long

Nzoner
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't care if you're a fan or not this is one Kid Rock song that should make anyone wanna get up and dance and just enjoy life.Love the lyrics,the sampling.and the babes in the video as well.

Let your hair down(if you have any) and just enjoy :toast:

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwIGZLjugKA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

L.A. Chieffan
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I still sip whiskey out the bottle...all year long....

BigVE
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
"sweet home Alabama..." different lyrics.

Discuss Thrower
05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Ow-ooooooooooooooooooo,
Werewolves of London.
Ow-ooooooooooooooooooo...

Haha, they borrowed the set design from Apocalypse Now... I'm just about finishing that.

Nzoner
05-22-2008, 09:09 PM
"sweet home Alabama..." different lyrics.

"singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long...." :Pimp:

Deberg_1990
05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Cool song. I love Kid Rock.

Reerun_KC
05-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Love the song, brings back memories for sure... Love the CristCraft Mahogany boat he is paddling in!

KcMizzou
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Kid Rock still rocks. I love this tune.

The cool thing about Kid Rock (aka Bob Ritchie), is that he does rap, rock, and country... with equal passion.

I grew up listening to AC/DC, Skynard, Run DMC, Public Enemy, George Jones, Hank Willaims... etc. (It's a strange mix) So I love a little of all those sounds.

Kid Rock's the same way, he just happens to be much more talented than me. :D

KcMizzou
05-22-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm very familiar with the song, but I've never seen that video.

It makes me want to head to Lake of the Ozarks.

Demonpenz
05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
i will take nzoner's advice. If you see a guy in a delany jersey in an intertube full of miller light crank up the tunes.

KcMizzou
05-22-2008, 11:09 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLdkz6HYBGg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLdkz6HYBGg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't think there's a video for this song, but you've gotta hear it anyway.

Hillbilly Stomp.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ic3auF5ECYA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ic3auF5ECYA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

wazu
05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Honestly, it's such a ripoff of Werewolves of London that I don't like it. The closest thing I can compare it to is Vanilla Ice stealing that baseline from Queen.

Deberg_1990
05-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Kid Rock still rocks. I love this tune.

The cool thing about Kid Rock (aka Bob Ritchie), is that he does rap, rock, and country... with equal passion.

I grew up listening to AC/DC, Skynard, Run DMC, Public Enemy, George Jones, Hank Willaims... etc. (It's a strange mix) So I love a little of all those sounds.

Kid Rock's the same way, he just happens to be much more talented than me. :D

Your exactly right.

I watched the "Behind the Music" on him a few years back and i remember them detailing his early hip/hop DJ career. Some dude on there said something like: "He didnt put it all together until he got back to his roots. He got back in touch with his whiteness" Or something to that effect. Hes exactly right.

Nzoner
05-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Honestly, it's such a ripoff of Werewolves of London that I don't like it. The closest thing I can compare it to is Vanilla Ice stealing that baseline from Queen.

I can appreciate your thoughts,I've never been much on anyone who "rips off" others sounds but this is one imo that just works so well and not only did he use the Zevon riff he used the Skynyrd as well.

Demonpenz
05-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Kid Rock def comes with a cringe factor but if you just have fun with it is ok. I wouldn't call it a ripoff of wherewolves alabama and stuff. Frankly if you stay with the funkyness (and the artist gets paid haha) I am sure that the artist doesn't mind. It is rappers take a rocking song and turns it into bling and ho's that it takes it too far. Funny story I guess Kid Rock had a run in with the urge along time ago so hard core urge fans obvouisly hated kid rock "He has rock in his name and he doesn't even rock" but I mellowed on my hate over the years. Especially when I am drinking some brewdogs. I know one thing he can play all his instruments well. That isn't that impressive because that is his job but i think he writes his solos and can play the solo's but he is too busy in his wife beater and girls.

Nzoner
05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Kid Rock def comes with a cringe factor but if you just have fun with it is ok. I wouldn't call it a ripoff of wherewolves alabama and stuff. Frankly if you stay with the funkyness (and the artist gets paid haha) I am sure that the artist doesn't mind. It is rappers take a rocking song and turns it into bling and ho's that it takes it too far. Funny story I guess Kid Rock had a run in with the urge along time ago so hard core urge fans obvouisly hated kid rock "He has rock in his name and he doesn't even rock" but I mellowed on my hate over the years. Especially when I am drinking some brewdogs. I know one thing he can play all his instruments well. That isn't that impressive because that is his job but i think he writes his solos and can play the solo's but he is too busy in his wife beater and girls.

My Kid Rock story was a few years back,I had tickets to him and Aerosmith at Verizon.I'm in the parking lot and it's getting close to showtime and I tell the guys I'm with no way in hell am I going to see Kid Rock,I'll stay in the lot have some more drinks and wait for Aerosmith.

Well,I got offered to have my drinks bought inside and so I went and damn glad I did.Rock was,in a word,unbelieveable,played every instrument on stage and put on a performance I'll never forget.

I still don't listen to alot of his music on a regular basis but I know enough and appreciate him enough to call myself a fan.

Demonpenz
05-23-2008, 07:58 AM
He buys alot of american guitars that is for sure.

StcChief
05-23-2008, 08:00 AM
has talent no doubt, but the look? White trash doesn't get it.

Demonpenz
05-23-2008, 08:01 AM
white trash as it gets. He looks like a couple guys that work at green hills

Nzoner
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
white trash as it gets. He looks like a couple guys that moved in across from Donger

FYP

Demonpenz
05-23-2008, 08:36 AM
haha haha. lawnchairs, tank tops, a bugzaper or two haha