PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2007 Season - Eat Crow Thread

Buehler445
05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Before the 2008 season gets into full swing, it is time for some (all) of us to eat some crow for 2007. I know everyone has at least something to eat crow about. I'll start... I would like my crow extra well done, with some nice potatoes and gravy

I thought LJ would be worth the money. Yes, this is the most boneheaded of my 2007 thoughts. Holy cow was I wrong. Point Mecca.
I thought this team would be better than last year's team. Croyle is better than Huard, Edwards is back, and I liked Bowe and some of the defensive pickups. If I'd have only known this team would quit.
I thought Tank was a good pickup in Round 3. Jury is still out on the kid but as big and strong as he was I thought he could have at least started. Dunno if this is a coaching deal or what. But I thought he would have immediate impact.
I was OK with drafting Medlock. Wanted Crosby, but this kid had such a good percentage, I was OK with it. Too bad the horse****er was a headcase.:cuss:

Anyway, I'm sure there are more of you guys that have crow to eat, so eat away.

Sorry if this is a repost, I don't remember it...

blueballs
05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Cheryl

Frazod
05-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I wanted to trade LJ for picks last year. Just think, we could have resigned Allen AND got Dorsey. Oh well.

Didn't have a strong opinion about signing Medlock, but I was sure happy when we cut his stupid ass.

Must concede that Mecca's endless negativity, while deeply annoying, was pretty much 100% accurate. He also gets points for the "ruining lives since 2005" line over his avatar - that's clever. :D

kcfanXIII
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
well, let's see. i thought we'd only win 3 games....

POND_OF_RED
05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought we'd upset the Pats in the playoffs. I still think we would have if LJ didn't get hurt. :homer: :bong:

whoman69
05-22-2008, 10:14 PM
LJ still has to be the potential to be the Chiefs best running back ever and has at least 3 good years in him if a line can be assembled in front of him. We will be very lucky with the projected starters we have now to afford him that luxery this year. That means time is running out on him, but the upside is that he did not go through much wear his first few years with the Chiefs or at Penn State. Does all that get thrown out the window for Herm trying to run him into the ground in 2006?

kcfanXIII
05-22-2008, 10:15 PM
:homer: :bong:

at least you know it. i was never overly optimistic about last season yet still watched every game, and attended half the home games. i hope you understand, this season might not be any better, wins and losses wise, but the youth movement, and rebuilding could be interesting.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
1. I was wrong about LJ
2. I was wrong about Herm's motivating skills.
3. I was wrong about Ty Law and Pat Surtain. I wanted them both.
4. I was wrong about Tank Tyler making an immediate impact.
5. I was wrong about how many games we'd win.

I could go on all night. I think you get the point.

Buehler445
05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
LJ still has to be the potential to be the Chiefs best running back ever and has at least 3 good years in him if a line can be assembled in front of him. We will be very lucky with the projected starters we have now to afford him that luxery this year. That means time is running out on him, but the upside is that he did not go through much wear his first few years with the Chiefs or at Penn State. Does all that get thrown out the window for Herm trying to run him into the ground in 2006?

I'm not saying he's washed up, but given Kolby's performance, I don't think he was a good value for the money.

DeezNutz
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
With I-65 gone, I thought the line would be better than it was in '06. :bong:

el borracho
05-22-2008, 10:21 PM
No, after watching both lines, offensive and defensive, get abused in preseason last year I knew we would be garbage. I have no crow to eat (although they did briefly make me wonder when we were 3-2).

Hammock Parties
05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Somehow Teicher knew. Even when we were 4-3, he had us finishing 6-10.

acesn8s
05-23-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't like health food.

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2008, 04:14 AM
I was wrong.

I picked the Chiefs to go 5-11 last year.

NewChief
05-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Okay, I'll eat some crow.

I thought the Chiefs would be decent last year. :p

Unfortunately, I also thought the Dolphins would win a few games and that Trent would make it through the season.

Abba-Dabba
05-23-2008, 04:47 AM
I'll eat some crow. They were better than thought they would be. I had them at 0-0-16.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4188707&postcount=2

StcChief
05-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Bad (Crow eating)
8-8 didn't happen.... could be taken as a good thing (Dorsey draft)
LJ injury kinda ruined any chances at mediocrity.
Oline really got old fast too many moves there.
Medlock WTF ditch the good old boy college network BS
Tank work in progress.

Law really lost a step or two....

Positives
Boone as a pleasant surprise (shouldn't have been was solid rotation on Bears DL)

Breckenridge, Page, Pollard nice future secondary

Kolby Smith filled in well considering the OL

Bowe - well he was #1 pick from LSU got lotta chances with EK done.

FAX
05-23-2008, 07:35 AM
The main thing I messed up on was the defense. Based on the reports coming out of camp, I really thought our defense could be dominating. We were improved, but nowhere close to what I thought we would be - particularly in the area of turnovers.

I also thought we would win at least 7 or 8 games. Last year's schedule looked pretty favorable in the beginning.

Lastly, I believed that, by game 12 or 13, Herm would grab a gallon of gas, a box of matches, and set himself on fire on the sideline while screaming, "Can't somebody make a play?" I underestimated him.

FAX

Hammock Parties
05-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Based on the reports coming out of camp, I really thought our defense could be dominating. We were improved, but nowhere close to what I thought we would be - particularly in the area of turnovers.

They were pretty good for 7 games and 3 quarters (although no one saw the horrible decline of Ty Law coming, and Pollard's complete bust of a season). I'm pretty sure we were Top 10 at that point.

Then they just wore down.

Huffman83
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I still think there were a lot of games that the Chiefs could have won and should have won. Ind, Chicago, Oakland, Det and the Jets. The Chiefs offense was just terrible. And I'll admit that as soon as I saw the O-line in preseason not opening a hole for anyone; including LJ. I knew the Chiefs were screwed.

Mr. Plow
05-23-2008, 08:03 AM
I was wrong about how many games we would win. I said 3. Other than that, I was pretty spot on.

beach tribe
05-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I was homered the **** out last year. had us at 9 wins.

I thought as bad as our line was the year before there was no way it would not improve. I was wrong. LJ goes down. No running game in this offense, is a 12 guage to the head.

Extra Point
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I had the same record that Dane McCloud predicted: 5-11. I figured we'd back into a bad record, but the home losses really let me down.

kc rush
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I can't remember what (if any) record I put down and I'm too lazy to look.

I did think that the Chiefs would have a worse record in 07 than the 9-7 in 06, but I thought that they would be an improving team. Of course, I assumed that they would be starting the young guys early - they didn't. I also assumed that Herm wasn't borderline retarded - he is.

If we catch a bunch of breaks, this team can win 6 in 08. I don't think it will happen.

FAX
05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I look for a dream season this year. You know, the one where you're trying to escape from hoards of detestable, repulsive monsters but you can't move your feet.

FAX

sedated
05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I said LJ would never make it past 8 games. Count it.

I said the defense would be a force. In and out.

I said Croyle would suck. Count it.

I said the O-Line would be better than 06. Brick.

suds79
05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
My turn.

While I was okay with the drafting of Dwayne Bowe, I really wanted them to get Dwayne Jarrett.

:banghead:

FAX
05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
... I said the O-Line would be better than 06. Brick.

I held that opinion as well, Mr. sedated. How wrong I was.

This year, I'm taking all the camp reports with a grain of salt and two Advil.

FAX

seclark
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
i was wrong approx. 98% of the time when i agreed with a planet posters football opinion in 2007.

unfortunately, i usually agree w/someone.
sec

Hootie
05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
last year was about the worst year I've ever had when it came to predictions ROFL

I wanted Huard to start the first four...figured we'd start 1-3...and then give Croyle the stretch where we played 7 of 9 at Arrowhead...

Now, looking back at it...I don't even know what the Chiefs should have done with that god awful like and god awful coordinator...but I am sure happy with this past draft so in all honesty, I'll count 2007 as a success =)

Brock
05-23-2008, 11:51 AM
i was wrong approx. 98% of the time when i agreed with a planet posters football opinion in 2007.

unfortunately, i usually agree w/someone.
sec

That's what bothers me about this year's draft. Everybody liked it, so it will probably turn out to be awful.

seclark
05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
That's what bothers me about this year's draft. Everybody liked it, so it will probably turn out to be awful.

yep
sec

mlyonsd
05-23-2008, 12:00 PM
No, Herm didn't let me down and I was pretty close to being on the money.

Direckshun
05-23-2008, 12:13 PM
My crow is mainly the record. I thought we'd be 9-7 or 10-6.

I believed the OL would have been an improvement over 2006. Man was I wrong.

Deberg_1990
05-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought Brodie Croyle would solidy our QB position for a decade. :)

chiefs1111
05-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Going into training camp I thought we were gonna be 9-7,no worse then 8-8...... It was a very painful thing to watch

Mr. Flopnuts
05-23-2008, 06:50 PM
My turn.

While I was okay with the drafting of Dwayne Bowe, I really wanted them to get Dwayne Jarrett.

:banghead:

Oh yeah, I wanted Robert Meecham. I forgot about that. Please don't ever remind me of it again.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I thought we were going to suck balls, and we'll continue to suck balls in 08 and 09. We won't be suck ball-less until we get Herm, Carl and company out of here. I'm not even that confident in Clark Hunt, but I have no choice because he's going to be apart of it all whether I like it or not.

UteChief
05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I had a misplaced faith that Carl would resign Allen. But I believe I said they wouldn't win more than 4 games.

FAX
05-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I thought we were going to suck balls, and we'll continue to suck balls in 08 and 09. We won't be suck ball-less until we get Herm, Carl and company out of here. I'm not even that confident in Clark Hunt, but I have no choice because he's going to be apart of it all whether I like it or not.

That's probably right, Mr. Vanilla Thunder - in respect to Hermoine and Carl, anyhow. Unless, of course, we've struck gold in this draft - which is possible, I suppose. Great playmakers can make a coach look good, as we know. Who knows? Maybe this will be our Cinderella season and we'll only lose one shoe.

As for Clark, I believe in him, as of this moment. I have a feeling that, once he gets his legs under him, he's going to be a competitor.

FAX

Mecca
05-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I was on for the most part...even though I had 5-11 as the record.

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 08:51 PM

What do you have for next year?

keg in kc
05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I thought the o-line would be better than it was, and better than the '06 line. But McIntosh's injury in the preseason was the first flake of the proverbial snowball.

I think that's the real killer last year, the injuries across the board, and I think the '08 Chiefs will have the potential to surprise some people, if they can stay healthy. While he wasn't the guy I'd have gone for, I think Gailey could have a big impact come September.

beach tribe
05-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I thought the o-line would be better than it was, and better than the '06 line. But McIntosh's injury in the preseason was the first flake of the proverbial snowball.

I think that's the real killer last year, the injuries across the board, and I think the '08 Chiefs will have the potential to surprise some people, if they can stay healthy. While he wasn't the guy I'd have gone for, I think Gailey could have a big impact come September.

I agree with this.

beach tribe
05-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I also believe that had LJ, and mac not gotten hurt, and webb knew how to drag his feet we may have won six, and maybe seven games(Indy, NY, GB), but I know that the only people who will get credit in this thread are the ones who predicted the massive failure that we achieved. Even though the Indy loss was on Herm's head.

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Cheryl

That would have had far more impact if you had spelled her name correctly.

Seriously, I just got it today.

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 02:30 AM
last year was about the worst year I've ever had when it came to predictions ROFL

I wanted Huard to start the first four...figured we'd start 1-3...and then give Croyle the stretch where we played 7 of 9 at Arrowhead...

Now, looking back at it...I don't even know what the Chiefs should have done with that god awful like and god awful coordinator...but I am sure happy with this past draft so in all honesty, I'll count 2007 as a success =)

What MOST people fail to realize is that without Damon Huard, the Chiefs would have been 0-16 last year

0-16

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I believed the OL would have been an improvement over 2006. Man was I wrong.

I challenged that sentiment all offseason long.

And if the search function was working properly, I could prove it.

The main reason being that every single lineman the Chiefs planned to start was over 30. And, it was like they were starting five over-30 Willie Roafs, they were starting four way-past their primes and one "okay" (Waters).

I'm actually glad I was right because if the Chiefs had won 7-9 games, we wouldn't see the current turnover because Queen Carl would have justification to "Stay the Course".

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Okay, I'll eat some crow.

I thought the Chiefs would be decent last year. :p

Unfortunately, I also thought the Dolphins would win a few games and that Trent would make it through the season.

Aren't you supposed to be "Old Ram"? :p

Seriously though, I sure hope Trent is okay. IMHO, he shouldn't even be a part of a roster.

Why is he even risking injury?

milkman
05-24-2008, 08:59 AM

You and I were in agreement on virtually everything.

Archie Bunker
05-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Napoleon Harris burned me pretty bad.