PDA

View Full Version : Football Whenever another player is released...Erasmus James

SBK
05-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Former first round DE released by the Vikings. Do we pick him up? LMAO

Adept Havelock
05-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Nah. He lost his burst after he wrote The Praise of Folly.

Phobia
05-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Pick him up? Are you kidding? We should have drafted him in the first.

Micjones
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
He has what... 5 career sacks?
A former First Rounder?

He's been a monumental failure in the NFL, but he's still probably better than every other DE here not named Hali.

I'll pass though...

CoMoChief
05-23-2008, 05:47 PM
He's better than what Boone would EVER do at DE. I'd say pick him up.

We are thin at DE anyways.

kcchiefsus
05-23-2008, 05:52 PM
He has what... 5 career sacks?
A former First Rounder?

He's been a monumental failure in the NFL, but he's still probably better than every other DE here not named Hali.

I'll pass though...

Being injured would contribute to that. It's hard to blame a guy for not getting sacks when he isn't even on the field.

The Franchise
05-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I would take a look at him.....we could use some more depth behind Hali, Johnston and Dingle.

Thig Lyfe
05-23-2008, 05:55 PM
SIGN EM CARL

kcchiefsus
05-23-2008, 05:58 PM
He's at least worth a look, couldn't hurt. I would take a look at him now and if we aren't happy with our ends come training camp and he is still on the market then by all means we should pick him up.

chiefs1111
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow I totally forgot about this guy. I say bring him in for try out and see how it goes,if anything he'd add some depth and he would be cheap

Mr. Flopnuts
05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
They probably offered him in the JA trade and we said no thanks. Whether they'd take him for free? Who knows?

blueballs
05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Flowery Branch — Disgruntled Falcons wide receiver Joe Horn has not attended the team's three voluntary workouts this week and does not plan to attend any team functions unless they are mandatory, according to his agent.

"These are optional workouts right now and Joe's option is he chose not to be here," Falcons coach Mike Smith said Thursday after a non-contact workout (OTA). "There's not really anything we can do about that. You'd like to have all your guys here but the [collective bargaining agreement] is pretty concrete in what we can do and can't do.

"We've had our mandatory workouts. When we open up [training] camp we anticipate Joe will be here."

On the final day of minicamp earlier this month, Horn, 36, expressed a desire to be traded because he said he felt the team planned on using younger players at wide receiver. Horn, who started most of last season after signing a four-year, free-agent contract worth up to $19 million, said he didn't want to be a "just-in-case guy."

Falcons' general manager Thomas Dimitroff has said he expects Horn to be a part of the team. Ralph Vitolo, Horn's agent, said he has not been granted permission by the Falcons to seek a trade.

One potential hang up is Horn's $2.5 million salary in 2008 is guaranteed. That could be too hefty a price for a team to make a trade. For the Falcons, it could be a hefty price for a wide receiver who might not be in the top-three rotation.

Roddy White and Laurent Robinson have worked as the starting wideouts. Michael Jenkins, Horn and rookie Harry Douglas have worked in a variety of roles in different packages as the second- or third-team receivers

UteChief
05-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Let's not get in a bidding war with the Broncos, who I give a few days to sign him.

the Talking Can
05-23-2008, 07:49 PM
his name is Erasmus Jones

duh...Nick Athan

philfree
05-23-2008, 08:50 PM
He's young enough and he should come cheap enough that signing him wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Even if his knee isn't 100% we could always PUP him to give him time and if he's not ready IR him and give him a full chance to make the team next year.

PhilFree:arrow:

Fish
05-23-2008, 10:41 PM
He's no Johnny Dingle.....

BigRock
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Man, what a crappy 2005 draft for the Vikes. James and Troy Williamson in the first round, and both are gone 3 years later.

FAX
05-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I say no. Erasmus is an anagram for Masseur.

FAX

Adept Havelock
05-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I say no. Erasmus is an anagram for Masseur.

FAX

He was also largely responsible for the Butlerian Jihad, according to Frank Herbert's son.

beach tribe
05-23-2008, 11:48 PM
If he's cheap I say you do not hesitate to try and get this guy into camp.

Chiefs_5627
05-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Probably, cheap option worth a look.

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 03:10 AM
Man, what a crappy 2005 draft for the Vikes. James and Troy Williamson in the first round, and both are gone 3 years later.

That's right.

James is no Ryan Sims.

At least Sims made it through his contract year.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 03:11 AM
He was also largely responsible for the Butlerian Jihad, according to Frank Herbert's son.

Is that the part where you turn into a "Worm" or where your just off yourself and die? :evil:

Braincase
05-24-2008, 10:42 AM
His brother, Reuben, still walks over fields of my mind.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2008, 11:09 AM
league minimum .......... sure

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-24-2008, 11:36 AM

It was a great draft

Minnesota Vikings
With two first round picks, Minnesota was set to make some noise after a great off-season. At pick number seven, Minnesota was faced with a decision between the speedy Troy Williamson and the physical Mike Williams and went after the elusive Williamson. At #18, Minnesota completed their now dominating defensive line with Erasmus James, a pass rushing nightmare from Wisconsin. The second round was solid as well, with Minnesota adding a potential starter at offensive guard in Marcus Johnson. Cornerback Dustin Fox was a find in the third round and will be the team’s nickel back and possibly a free safety. Running back Ciatrick Fason is a steal in the fourth round and he could see more playing time than others because of the shaky depth chart here in Minnesota. Nose tackle CJ Mosley was worth waiting until the sixth round for and he will provide solid depth behind Pat Williams on the defensive line. Their last pick was as good as the first, cornerback Adrian Ward is a speedy player with the skills to make plays on special teams and in the secondary.
Potential starters: Three. First round picks Williamson and James are penciled in as starters already and should become very good players in this league. Marcus Johnson will fill a need at left guard and gives Minnesota a young strong side.
Grade: A. Minnesota may have my vote for the best draft in the NFC. They stuck to their board and added players that can play immediately and at positions of need. Minnesota ignored the temptation to trade up and found great players at every spot. This draft could earn Mike Tice an extension.

Minnesota Vikings, A-.
--The Vikings were one of the teams that had the ability to improve big time on draft day, and they did a good job. At 7, they took WR Troy Williamson. He may be a better fit than Mike Williams, but he's not in the same world as a player, so I do not agree with that selection. Their next two picks, DE Erasmus James and OL Marcus Johnson were great pickups. On Day Two, they landed two early entrants with a lot of upside in RB Ciatrick Fason and DT C.J. Moseley.

Minnesota Vikings
Best pick: Not giving in to public perception and passing on Mike Williams to take the faster Troy Williamson was the right move for this team.
Questionable move: Hard to find one, but most will say it's picking Williamson over Williams.
Steal: The Vikings want to run the ball better, so taking Ciatrick Fason in the fourth round will prove to be a good thing. This kid is a player.
Overall grade: A The Vikings had two first-round picks and they made the most of them by taking Williamson and Erasmus James. They had a heck of a draft.

A
VIKINGS -- Where do we start? Top pick Troy Williamson goes deep and doesn't walk off the field while the game's going on. The other first-rounder, Erasmus James, should have been the first outside rusher selected. Instead the Vikes got lucky and he was the fourth. Marcus Johnson is a serious mauler at either guard or tackle. Dustin Fox -- a cornerback or safety, take your pick -- vertically jumped 43 1/2, which is almost as high as I went when the Redhead presented me with those rugger tix.

chagrin
05-24-2008, 12:34 PM
yay another dead body, sign him!!!

come on guys

Sully
05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Nah. He lost his burst after he wrote The Praise of Folly.

ROFL

16th Century humor>Poop jokes!!!!

milkman
05-24-2008, 01:05 PM
James is a young guy whose career has been derailed by knee injuries.

He's had 3 surgeries on the left knee in the last couple of years.

If he could stay heathy, he'd still have some potential, and I'd take the chance, hoping he could allow us to keep Boone inside, and jettisoning Ron Edwards.

But I have two words.

Ethan Locke.

Valiant
05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
LOL.. Damn, time for a hindsight redraft of the first round..

7.................. troy Williamson
18................. Erasmus James

or

7.................. Shawn Merriman
18................. Aaron Rodgers, just because they need a QB..