PDA

View Full Version : Royals Kansas City Royals @ Toronto Blue Jays Memorial Day Game Thread

alnorth
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
The Royals try to avoid losing their 8th straight game during this craptacular road trip.

Brett "Big Inning" Tomko

VS.

Shaun "For the Love of God, somebody give me run support" Marcum

discuss

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 10:28 AM
IBL

alanm
05-26-2008, 10:28 AM
1st.. Get a win
2nd .. What's the weather going to be like?

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
2 runs a game in the 7 game losing streak

2.5 runs avged in 25 losses

21 wins with 5 runs or more

OFFENSE PLEASE!

Bowser
05-26-2008, 10:33 AM
This lineup is probably the strongest we have to offer at this time. Trey needs to stop tinkering with it, except that Pena should be buried in the 9 hole.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2008, 10:34 AM
****ING CANADA

alnorth
05-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, the crappy little Catholic Radio Station whose only purpose is to give me Royals games, and will probably die a whimpering pathetic death when the last of their senile shut-in old people who actually listen to religious radio all day finally dies out, decided to pre-empt the Royals for a f***ing healthy foods show.

I wont do any in-game updates since I cant follow the game live, but you can all curse our weak offense here if you want.

BWillie
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Well, another year of the same old shit. Everybody has hope at the beginning of the season but we still have the least amount of runs scored in the majors and a below average pitching staff as usual.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Well, since I dont have baseball, I think I'll amuse myself by pulling out the lessons learned in 3rd grade and try to diagram the first sentance in my last post. God, what a horrible sentance, WTF was I thinking. Where are the periods?

Bowser
05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
The Royals don't stream their games for free? Weak.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 10:56 AM
The Royals don't stream their games for free? Weak.

Its not the Royals, mlb doesnt stream their games free. I actually have subscribed and do have their stream going, but its so far behind the live action, that they occasionally break into the game to announce updates in the war effort against the Germans.

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Butler you fat ****...nice job laying off that ground ball

KCUnited
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Barnett, seriously can we fire this guy already. Kansas City has become the Boca Raton for offenses.

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
4 runs already this inning....Pena with a shitty defense and butler, ****ers

Mama Hip Rockets
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
STOLEN BASE, MIGUEL OLIVO!

BWillie
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
STOLEN BASE, MIGUEL OLIVO!

I heard Hillman tried to steal second with Billy Butler the other day? Is this true? I guess he got gunned down with ease. I just don't see any scenario where you should be stealing with Billy Butler unless it's a wild pitch or something.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, in this battle between the easily-resisted force and the highly-movable object, the force prevails.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
nice hustle, grudzielanek. WTF.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I heard Hillman tried to steal second with Billy Butler the other day? Is this true? I guess he got gunned down with ease. I just don't see any scenario where you should be stealing with Billy Butler unless it's a wild pitch or something.

Butler? Yeah, I assume that was probably a blown hit-and-run rather than a straight steal.

BWillie
05-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Butler? Yeah, I assume that was probably a blown hit-and-run rather than a straight steal.

That's what I was thinking but my friend assures me that it was a high fastball or something and the batter at the plate didn't even swing.

SithCeNtZ
05-26-2008, 11:28 AM

Yep, it was another classic Hillman hit and run which has worked so often this season between TPJ and Butler. You might have already seen this happen about 10 other times with TPJ, all resulting in the runner being thrown out, but Hillman is an idiot and keeps doing it.

Sam Hall
05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
At least the season lasted six weeks instead of the usual two.

shakesthecat
05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I think I've seen enough of Tomko this year to know he still sucks.
Kyle Davies can't do any worse.

Same with Pena. I'd like to see Aviles get a chance.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
That's what I was thinking but my friend assures me that it was a high fastball or something and the batter at the plate didn't even swing.

You assume that the batter was clued in to the hit and run. (aka, blown hit and run) I wouldnt be surprised at all if the batter just missed the sign and left Butler high and dry. Wouldnt be the first time I've seen that happen. To the fans, it looks bad "WTF were you doing trying to steal, he wasnt even close!" because the runner isnt trying to get a good jump. The players in the field know and the announcers suspect what really happened was the batter blew it.

When a steal is gunned down by a mile and looks really bad, its usually a missed sign by the batter.

BWillie
05-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Yep, it was another classic Hillman hit and run which has worked so often this season between TPJ and Butler. You might have already seen this happen about 10 other times with TPJ, all resulting in the runner being thrown out, but Hillman is an idiot and keeps doing it.

Haha I like when we try to steal third every game with Ross Gload or something. Haha it's awesome.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-26-2008, 11:38 AM
At least the season lasted six weeks instead of the usual two.

ROFL

Braincase
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I can smell the Royals from here.

Bowser
05-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Butler with the E3...

Bowser
05-26-2008, 12:01 PM
6-0 Blue Jays. When does training camp start?

Blankey
05-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Where does this rank in the worst weeks of Royals history?

Sam Hall
05-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Where does this rank in the worst weeks of Royals history?

I'd say this is pretty average.

Bowser
05-26-2008, 12:13 PM
The Blue Jays feel sorry for us. They botch two routine double plays to give us our first run.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 12:35 PM
ROFL, I just heard that Marcum never threw a complete game before. Well Shaun, today is your lucky day. If there is a pitching career milestone you ever prayed and dreamed to achieve someday, we are your team.

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
2 on 1 out, 2 weak ass singles by our future studs gordon and butler, with an out in between, Guillens warning track shot

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
ROFL, I just heard that Marcum never threw a complete game before. Well Shaun, today is your lucky day. If there is a pitching career milestone you ever prayed and dreamed to achieve someday, we are your team.

That still won't happen poor marcum

Bowser
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Gordon gunned down at the plate by Rios.

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Silverio is a ****ing moron for telling him to score

What a bunch of assclowns

alnorth
05-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Oh christ, we are apparently about to set another franchise milestone. The Kansas City Royals have never been swept in back-to-back 4 game series, until possibly today.

ChiTown
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow.

We're pretty damned bad. By bad, I mean we suck. By suck, I mean we blow chunks. By blowing chunks, I mean, well, you get the point.....we're not very good.

Sure-Oz
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
It will happen....

i hope pena is cut since Avilas had his 39th and 40th rbi today i believe BERROA is even doing well down there...

Maeir and Avilas need to be brought up, send pena on waivers or wtf ever..if teahan has an option send his ass down as well

Al Bundy
05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Well the season is over before we hit June. Way to go offense... I know now that none of the guys really care and just want to get this season over with.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Well the season is over before we hit June. Way to go offense... I know now that none of the guys really care and just want to get this season over with.

Yes, its obvious that our hitters have chosen not to compete and are mailing it in despite having decent pitching. It's not that they are trying as hard as they can and are simply not good enough, that couldn't possibly be it. No, they are good enough, but have deliberately chosen not to win, because they are not professionals.

Al Bundy
05-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes, its obvious that our hitters have chosen not to compete and are mailing it in despite having decent pitching. It's not that they are trying as hard as they can and are simply not good enough, that couldn't possibly be it. No, they are good enough, but have deliberately chosen not to win, because they are not professionals.

Trey Hillman said it himself about the losing track of outs "That's lack of focus, a lack of intensity, and thats where we are right now." In other words the guys are on the verge of quitting.

KCUnited
05-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Lefebvre cracked me up today when he said that the major league scouting report on TPJ is that you don't need to throw him a strike. He's turning into Bob Uecker's character in Major League.

alnorth
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Trey Hillman said it himself about the losing track of outs "That's lack of focus, a lack of intensity, and thats where we are right now." In other words the guys are on the verge of quitting.

Pfft, thats typical blathering coach-speak, and gives you about as much information and insight as the all-time classics "take it one game at a time", "I was in the zone", and "this team has chemistry". If he really did think his guys werent good enough, he sure as hell isnt going to say so. This sounds better and more generic.

If you seriously believe this team has decided that even though they are in a crappy division and have good pitching, they are going to deliberately take the season off and not compete to the best of their ability, then I dont know what to tell you. Thats the sort of thing that sounds good to the drinking buddies at the bar after a game, but its crap.

Adept Havelock
05-26-2008, 05:42 PM
If you seriously believe this team has decided that even though they are in a crappy division and have good pitching, they are going to deliberately take the season off and not compete to the best of their ability, then I dont know what to tell you.

I do. If he really believes that, he's got no reason to watch them in June-Sep.

Problem solved.

Al Bundy
05-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Pfft, thats typical blathering coach-speak, and gives you about as much information and insight as the all-time classics "take it one game at a time", "I was in the zone", and "this team has chemistry". If he really did think his guys werent good enough, he sure as hell isnt going to say so. This sounds better and more generic.

If you seriously believe this team has decided that even though they are in a crappy division and have good pitching, they are going to deliberately take the season off and not compete to the best of their ability, then I dont know what to tell you. Thats the sort of thing that sounds good to the drinking buddies at the bar after a game, but its crap.

He didn't say anything about them not being good enough. He said they lacked intensity and if they don't lack that then how in the heck do you explain losing track of outs? Really???? If you are losing track of outs you have already checked out mentally and if they haven't explain to me why and how a professional baseball player would do that?