PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos RB Selvin Young declared mentally insane

Hammock Parties
05-26-2008, 09:41 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080525_223_B8_spancl431586

Selvin sees 2,000: Denver Broncos running back Selvin Young dreams big. Even though he was an undrafted free agent last season and has never rushed for 1,000 yards, Young's goal is to become only the sixth 2,000-yard rusher.

"People call me crazy," Young said in a telephone interview. "I got a lot of laughs, too, but I really think it's in me. I feel comfortable. I've gotten adjusted to this altitude. With that alone, I should be able to take more snaps a game. And it seems like they want to do a lot more things with me."

Young didn't exactly come out of nowhere last season. He did play at Texas, where he rushed for 1,713 yards and 25 touchdowns. But he went undrafted a year ago.

So he signed with the Broncos, who have a history of turning low-round and undrafted free agents into 1,000-yard rushers in their zone blocking scheme. Young started eight games and led the team with 729 yards, becoming only the sixth undrafted rookie since 1967 to rush for at least 500 yards. He averaged 5.2 yards per carry, and he caught 35 passes.

The Broncos plan to use Young in more ways this season, but he won't necessarily get the ball more. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said earlier this offseason that he sees Young as 10-to-15-touches-a-game back. Thus, the Broncos will continue to rotate their backs.

"Selvin played very well when he played," Shanahan said at the NFL owners meetings. "He will wear down. He's not a big guy."

The Bucs said the same thing about Warrick Dunn when he first came into the league. Eleven years later, Dunn — who, at 5-foot-9, 187 pounds, is even smaller than Young — has averaged 17.7 touches per game in his career. In 2005 and '06, he averaged 19.3 touches per game and played in all 16 games.

Young, like Dunn, believes in himself. He believes he can beat out Travis Henry for the starting job; he believes, too, that he can be an every-down back, holding up under the strain of 20, 25 or even occasionally 30 touches a game.

"I really feel like last year was just the tip of the iceberg," Young said. "This off-season I put a lot of work in to be healthy and to be able to maintain my health throughout the season. I hope expectations are higher from the coaches. I hope that it wasn't expected last season, but I hope now it is expected of me."

Look at this shrimp. 2,000 yards? He better average 8 yards per carry.

http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/selvin-young-denver-broncos.jpg

blueballs
05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Raiders have more clout
than the bromcos

smittysbar
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
idiot

Brock
05-26-2008, 10:23 PM
This isn't orangemane, dipshit.

booger
05-26-2008, 10:41 PM
the broncurious one strikes again!!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2008, 11:15 PM
LMAO Whoever came up with this name change is a genious.

Smed1065
05-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Raiders have more clout
than the bromcos

Everyone has more info than U!