PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs CB Signings.

Micjones
05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Chiefs agreed to terms with CBs Jason Horton and Will Poole on one-year contracts.

Poole, who was cut in Chiefs camp last offseason, hasn't played since 2004. Horton spent all of last year on Houston's injured reserve list.

Yawn.

What's for lunch?

petegz28
05-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Poole, who was cut in Chiefs camp last offseason, hasn't played since 2004.

:doh!:

blueballs
05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
any Rod Gardner sightings

Micjones
05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Poole, who was cut in Chiefs camp last offseason, hasn't played since 2004.

:doh!:

That makes you wonder why he was even signed.
We drafted two Corners, we have Surtain still, and Brackenridge played well last season.

Do we just need bodies?

Spicy McHaggis
05-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I liked Poole a lot coming out of college, especially after the Rose Bowl. It seems like that injury derailed his career early on though.

blueballs
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
The Dolphinacation of the CHiefs just keeps rolling on

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Will Poole hit on my girlfriend at the PALMS in Vegas last month. We thought he was geeked up on some kind of a drug.

He was asking her "Yo, girl. Have you ever been with a black man before?"

Then he wandered around the pool area talking to anyone and everyone including security.

InChiefsHeaven
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
P to the R to the INT 'EM!!

dj56dt58
05-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Will Poole hit on my girlfriend at the PALMS in Vegas last month. We thought he was geeked up on some kind of a drug.

Then he wandered around the pool area talking to anyone and everyone including security.

Why didn't you kick his ass?

Gonzo
05-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I wonder what Julian Battle is up to.

ChiefsCountry
05-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I wonder what Julian Battle is up to.

He is in the CFL.

Direckshun
05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Poole can succeed in this defense. He just needs to remain healthy and shake off the rust.

I know nobody here remembers, but Poole came in late to last year's training camp. This gives him a chance to start off at the same time as everybody else. He's a darkhorse for that fifth CB spot if you ask me.

I still say our five CBs are Surtain, Flowers, Barksdale, Brack, and Carr. Poole may be good enough to put Carr on the practice squad.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2008, 01:16 PM
William Bartee is available!

Rain Man
05-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Had security ever been with a black man before?

DTLB58
05-27-2008, 01:25 PM
That makes you wonder why he was even signed.
We drafted two Corners, we have Surtain still, and Brackenridge played well last season.

Do we just need bodies?

According to Herm last week we are going to need to release 11 players just to get under the limit of 80 to go to River Falls. :hmmm:

beach tribe
05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Poole can succeed in this defense. He just needs to remain healthy and shake off the rust.

I know nobody here remembers, but Poole came in late to last year's training camp. This gives him a chance to start off at the same time as everybody else. He's a darkhorse for that fifth CB spot if you ask me.

I still say our five CBs are Surtain, Flowers, Barksdale, Brack, and Carr. Poole may be good enough to put Carr on the practice squad.

I see it like this: JMO

Surtain, Flowers, Brack, Carr, Barksdale

Micjones
05-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I think only the first three Cornerback spots have been determined.
From there who knows...

I wonder if there's any chance Surtain is cut?

beach tribe
05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I think only the first three Cornerback spots have been determined.
From there who knows...

I wonder if there's any chance Surtain is cut?

Nah. Not being Flowers cousin. I think he's gonna mentor these guys for a year os so. Show them how to be pros. I'm glad he's available to do that.
Flowers has some red flags, and it would be good to have someone like Pat around to watch him.

Micjones
05-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Nah. Not being Flowers cousin. I think he's gonna mentor these guys for a year os so. Show them how to be pros. I'm glad he's available to do that.
Flowers has some red flags, and it would be good to have someone like Pat around to watch him.

You make a good point.
I think we've got a gamer in Brackenridge (at Nickel).
Hopefully Carr turns out to be the other starter.
Patterson was impressive in spot duty as well, but I think he has a long way to go.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2008, 01:55 PM
According to Herm last week we are going to need to release 11 players just to get under the limit of 80 to go to River Falls. :hmmm:

Which is a very interesting development...here is a story from Peter King about it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/05/25/mmqb/1.html

Big, big story. Don Banks covered it well two weeks ago, and you'll hear coaches moan about it when camp begins. Because teams are not allowed roster exemptions for players who played in NFL Europa or various other restricted lists, you'll see every team, in all likelihood, go to camp with fewer than 80 able-bodied players. (Players on the Physically Unable to Perform List count against the 80-man limit.) So if you have five or six players unable to practice because they're returning from offseason surgery or from various rehab stints, you'll have a comparatively bare-bones team starting training camp.

Polian thinks few teams, if any, will have two-a-day practices this summer on consecutive days. Many teams have phased out back-to-back two-a-days, but a few teams still like to run them early in camp. My theory is that, on average, each team will have one fewer player at almost every position group practicing this summer -- and that eight- and 10-year veterans are going to be ticked off that they're having to run so many extra repetitions in camp, leading to an increased chance of injury. "We have the fifth preseason game this year, the Hall of Fame game,'' Polian said on Sirius. "Had we known we'd have had 80-man rosters, we never would have agreed to play that game.''

I've felt all along, and still do, that owners are going to use this as a bargaining chip in negotiations with players over the new CBA. But it's going to be kind of a hollow chip. Owners aren't going to increase regular-season rosters if they agreed to, say, an 85-man roster limit for training camp. Owners would simply be allowing more players to attend training camp. So while owners won't be able to say they're adding, say, 170 jobs to the NFL workforce, the NFLPA would be able to tells its rank-and-file that 170 more players would get to go to camp for a chance to win a job.

beach tribe
05-27-2008, 01:57 PM
You make a good point.
I think we've got a gamer in Brackenridge (at Nickel).
Hopefully Carr turns out to be the other starter.
Patterson was impressive in spot duty as well, but I think he has a long way to go.

I have a feeling about this Carr kid. We'll see,

Micjones
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I have a feeling about this Carr kid. We'll see,

As do I BT.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM

If a former mediocre CB who hasn't played a down in the NFL in over four seasons actually makes the Chiefs roster, we're in far more trouble than I could have ever suspected.

beach tribe
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
If a former mediocre CB who hasn't played a down in the NFL in over four seasons actually makes the Chiefs roster, we're in far more trouble than I could have ever suspected.

Yup. I'd rather have an UDFA.

Look for the jewels. Don't waste time on those who have proven to have no luster.
Give others a shot to prove themselves. You have tape on Poole.

Micjones
05-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Surtain will likely stay on with the team.
I think the Rookies will absolutely get their shot.
As will Brackenridge.

If Poole does make the team it'll be at the expense of a Patterson or Barksdale.

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Why didn't you kick his ass?

Well, I wasn't there at the time and she took care of it and secondly the dude is short but looked like a steroid freak on coke.

Micjones
05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, I wasn't there at the time and she took care of it and secondly the dude is short but looked like a steroid freak on coke.

Great call.

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Question. How do you add a custom avatar? When I go to edit avatar all I get are the stock avi's

Micjones
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Question. How do you add a custom avatar? When I go to edit avatar all I get are the stock avi's

Scroll past the stock avy's and you should see a text box where you can specify the URL of an avatar you'd like to use.

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Scroll past the stock avy's and you should see a text box where you can specify the URL of an avatar you'd like to use.

thx

Micjones
05-27-2008, 05:06 PM
No problem.

TRR
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
We definitely know who the two starters are. After that, it anyone's position. I would say that Carr has the best chance to play nickel and eventually start. Brackenridge has a chance if he can come back from his injury, and Patterson has to improve in several areas to hold down a 4th or 5th spot.

These two signings are to prepare for camp injuries, and give them more bodies and competition.

Easy 6
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Mistakes will be made...but the 'Quick-Twitch Factor' at CB is better than its been in YEARS, it wont take long to see good results IMO.

Rain Man
05-27-2008, 06:11 PM

You may not have enough posts yet to use a custom avatar. I think there's some minimum.

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
You may not have enough posts yet to use a custom avatar. I think there's some minimum.

How many? I'm not seeing it.

milkman
05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
How many? I'm not seeing it.

It's always one more post than you've posted.