PDA

View Full Version : Misc Ok I need some help please

Mecca
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I have this cold and I frankly feel awful, I'm coughing constantly, so much so I'm giving myself a headache.

If anyone knows anything I can do that will make me feel better or make this go away faster I'd really appreciate it.

Bugeater
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
A local honey enema? :shrug:

Phobia
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Get a haircut. Germs love your hippy head.

88TG88
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
stop coughing ?

Mecca
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Har Har, I really do feel awful.

wutamess
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Zicam... Thank me later. High as giraffe puzzay but that's the only thing I'll ever take again when I get a cold.
I had a nasty one this winter and my neighbor across the street told me the airlines were giving it to all of their passengers during the flu season and the truckers (he's a trucker) swear by it.

Anyhow... take the recommended dosage and your symptoms will be gone in 3-4 hours.

Make check out by going to my sizite and paying homage to my sponsors please.
Thanks.

blueballs
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
horseradish will clear your sinuses
if only temporarily

FAX
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
NyQuil. The sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, woozy, eyes rolling back into your head, diving for the couch and missing, comatose, can't move your limbs, lying unconscious on the floor for twelve hours, and wake up feeling like a four elephants did their business in your mouth if you're lucky medicine.

FAX

Mecca
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
if only temporarily

Yea anything spicy will do that.

KcMizzou
if only temporarilyLMAO

This works...

Mecca
Zicam... Thank me later. High as giraffe puzzay but that's the only thing I'll ever take again when I get a cold.
I had a nasty one this winter and my neighbor across the street told me the airlines were giving it to all of their passengers during the flu season and the truckers (he's a trucker) swear by it.

Anyhow... take the recommended dosage and your symptoms will be gone in 3-4 hours.

Thanks.

Can I just get that at a regular store?

blueballs
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
it's a root vegatable
the green on a carrot is not stomach friendly

wutamess
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Can I just get that at a regular store?
Yup OTC

ChieflySpeaking
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I have this cold and I frankly feel awful, I'm coughing constantly, so much so I'm giving myself a headache.

If anyone knows anything I can do that will make me feel better or make this go away faster I'd really appreciate it.

Ok, I just went through this. If you have been sick longer than 5 days then you most likely started with a virus, your body killed off the virus now you have a secondary bacterial infection since your immune system is knocked down. If your snot is yellow/green it's bacterial.

Go to the Doc. He'll give you an antibiotic and if you ask him you can get a cortisone shot for the inflammation.

If your still in the early stages (<4 days) then take your favorite night time cold and flu med and drink OJ and wait until your body kicks the virus' ass and then try not to get the secondary bacterial infection.

Colds suck, good luck.

cdcox
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Think of your body as a hotel for the bug that ails you. Do you want to give it posh comfy surroundings so that it feels welcome to stay? No! But that is exactly the message you'll send if you get plenty of rest, eat sensibly and take it easy. Instead, you want the bug to think it's checked into a slum. I suggest heavy drinking, smoking, no sleep, and lots of greasy food. You want the bug to say "I'm out of here!"

Mecca
05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Ok so according to this it's a nasal spray and people are bitching it screwed with their sense of smell and taste?

KcMizzou
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
There's no cure for the common cold... you know that.

KcMizzou
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
All kidding aside, I've got the same shit.

I'm pretty much past the sinus part of it. Now it's just the cough. It feels like my lungs are full of rustling leaves.

Wanna cough it up, but nothing ever comes out.

wutamess
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Ok so according to this it's a nasal spray and people are bitching it screwed with their sense of smell and taste?

No I had the tablet kind. Melts in your mouth. Don't chew or eat it... just let the tablets melt.
No side effects as I'm perfect.

Besides.. what medicine doesn't have side effects. :thumb:
Seriously though... if you're concerned you'll die don't take it.
I know that stuff got rid of my symptoms in less than half a day (and I thought I was going to die). Even Tylenol severe cold & flu plus wouldn't get rid of it.

It's important that you keep taking it even after your symptoms disappear.

mikey23545
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Antifreeze.

smittysbar
05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
This sounds stupid but, sip some whisky over the rocks it WILL make you stop coughing so you can get some sleep......which you need to get.

If you can catch it in time, bite the bullet and go get a shot from the Doc.

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Antifreeze.
'bout time. What took so long?

05-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Ever read The Stand?

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Ever read The Stand?
Nope.

Watched the movie though.

M O O N That spells moon.:D

05-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Nope.

Watched the movie though.

M O O N That spells moon.:D

The movie stunk.

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 01:36 AM
The movie stunk.
Made for tv movies usually do.

Friendo
05-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Think of your body as a hotel for the bug that ails you. Do you want to give it posh comfy surroundings so that it feels welcome to stay? No! But that is exactly the message you'll send if you get plenty of rest, eat sensibly and take it easy. Instead, you want the bug to think it's checked into a slum. I suggest heavy drinking, smoking, no sleep, and lots of greasy food. You want the bug to say "I'm out of here!"

LMAO

you did say a bad cough, correct? I dont' know if they make this "stuff" anymore, but it was the best sure-fire cough stopper I ever took--and it most certainly lived up to the medicinal version of the hippocratic oath: "first, in order to work, medicine must taste like s**t"...seriousy, will nearly make you gag, but will stop a cough in it's tracks.

Naldecon: http://www.medications.com/drugs/naldecon-pediatric

preferably the adult version

Demonpenz
05-28-2008, 05:20 AM
i wouldn't sip whiskey because your liver is already working OT trying to stay helpful you dumping that poisen in your body isn't going to help (It is pretty fun though)

Skip Towne
05-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Lortabs. It won't cure your cold but you won't care anymore.

Friendo
05-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Lortabs. It won't cure your cold but you won't care anymore.

with a tequila chaser ;) human jello

Buehler445
05-28-2008, 06:58 AM
You probably have the cold in your chest. If you cough like hell and nothing comes up, take some mucinex. You will still cough for awhile, but you will cough up the bullshit in your lungs.

Take cold MD. It works. No shit.

Drink as much water as you can. Everybody looks towards pills, but water can help as much as anything else. Mix in some gatorade and juice. You should pee about every 20 or 30 minutes.

Best of luck. Being sick sucks shit.

Adept Havelock
05-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Ever read The Stand?

ROFL :hmmm:

Mecca = The Kid

You believe that happy crappy? On any other team, the walking dude would be a backup. I'm gonna send him to the Cadillac ranch!!

StcChief
05-28-2008, 09:13 AM

If anyone knows anything I can do that will make me feel better or make this go away faster I'd really appreciate it.rub some dirt on it /Peyton

boogblaster
05-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Put a large plastic bag over your head and tie tightly around your neck ....

HemiEd
05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Har Har, I really do feel awful.

Start with an adjustment at the Chiropractor, then begin working out regularly. It works, trust me.

beach tribe
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
This sounds stupid but, sip some whisky over the rocks it WILL make you stop coughing so you can get some sleep......which you need to get.

If you can catch it in time, bite the bullet and go get a shot from the Doc.

Yup. Jack Daniels. Sleep like a baby.

Redrum_69
05-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Nyquil and tylenol and canadian mist.

Mecca
05-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Well I went and got some Zicam, I atleast don't feel like death now.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Thanks.

Word. Well, 3-4 hours has never worked for me. But it has gotten better days ahead of when I don't take it. Iowanian can attest to this stuff too. Although I haven't seen him around much lately.

ChiefsCountry
05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Chayne pepper and Jack Daniels.

Otter
05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Let's recap the advice:

1. Drink antifreeze
2. Get a haircut
3. Party like John Belushi on March 5th, 1982
4. Drink whiskey
5. Suffocate yourself with a plastic bag

Why do people still ask for medical advice here?

HemiEd
05-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Let's recap the advice:

1. Drink antifreeze
2. Get a haircut
3. Party like John Belushi on March 5th, 1982
4. Drink whiskey
5. Suffocate yourself with a plastic bag

Why do people still ask for medical advice here?

Wait! You dissed me man! I told him to go to a chiropracter and get an adjustment. It has really helped me, I have not missed a day of work in 12 years.
Then start working out.
The drugs just mask the symptoms.

B_Ambuehl
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Take a teaspoon of baking soda a couple of times per day.
Put a 1/2 capful of peroxide in your ears
Take at least 1000 mg of Vitamin C 3 x per day
Get some echnicacea and zinc lozenges and take them along with the Vit C

A day of that and you should be 100% better.

chief husker
05-28-2008, 02:34 PM
You probably have the cold in your chest. If you cough like hell and nothing comes up, take some mucinex. You will still cough for awhile, but you will cough up the bullshit in your lungs.

Take cold MD. It works. No shit.

Drink as much water as you can. Everybody looks towards pills, but water can help as much as anything else. Mix in some gatorade and juice. You should pee about every 20 or 30 minutes.

Best of luck. Being sick sucks shit.

Your best bet is hydration. Drink as much as you can handle. Most of that other stuff justs masks your sypmtoms. Whiskey is good for the soul however.

Programmer
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
To soothe the discomfort you can use Chicken Soup.

To clear you sinuses you can always get one of the local police to shoot you in the face with OC Spray, (oleoresin capsicum - Pepper spray). Burns like hell but virtually all the snot in your head drains out. To detox you have to go to the hospital or do it yourself.

If you need to DIY flush your eyes with water then get a bottle of dish soap and use it full strength on your face. Get a fan and sit in front of it to cool off for a while. Rinse it all off and then start it all over again. It takes about an hour.

(I wouldn't recommend the OC Spray, I just know by experience that it cleans everything out of your sinuses - the hard way.)

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 05:16 PM
To soothe the discomfort you can use Chicken Soup.

To clear you sinuses you can always get one of the local police to shoot you in the face with OC Spray, (oleoresin capsicum - Pepper spray). Burns like hell but virtually all the snot in your head drains out. To detox you have to go to the hospital or do it yourself.

If you need to DIY flush your eyes with water then get a bottle of dish soap and use it full strength on your face. Get a fan and sit in front of it to cool off for a while. Rinse it all off and then start it all over again. It takes about an hour.

(I wouldn't recommend the OC Spray, I just know by experience that it cleans everything out of your sinuses - the hard way.)
What was her name?

Programmer
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
What was her name?
USMC

I had to get shot to carry it.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Mucinex will make the 'plegm' foamy, easier to get rid of it - or get cough syrup with Guifasen (sp) in it, same stuff.

Buy a couple of cans of beef broth. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil or cooking oil, add 2 cloves of garlic, minced fine. Stir once or twice and add your can of beef broth. Add a lot of black pepper and a lot of crushed red (pizza) pepper and./or cayenne. Stir well. When the soup boils add one beaten egg and turn off the heat - stir well until the egg cooks (egg drop soup) and drink this as hot as you can stand it. Your sinus' will open up for 20 minutes at least.

Drink a lot of water or hot tea with honey and lemon. I put a shot of apple juice in an 8oz glass and fill it with water, think of it as poor man's gatorade. A shot of lemon juice in water is good, too. Last cup or two of tea of the day, pour in 1.5 oz of whiskey or brandy, add lots of honey and lemon, drink it hot. I drink this instead of nyquil.

HMc
05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
shredded deer penis placed under the tongue /seagal

CHENZ A!
05-28-2008, 10:35 PM
At the first signs of a cold, when I even just feel like I MIGHT be kind of starting to get sick, but not completely, I use ZICAM, double up on my vitamins(which I take daily) and drink more water than normal(drink alot anyway). Haven't been sick since November of 2006, can't afford to get sick.

the Zicam medicated swabs that you stick up your nose is what I use.