PDA

View Full Version : Misc Chiefs form alliance with YTB Travel to form ChiefsTravel.com

teedubya
05-30-2008, 12:37 AM
So a friend of mine who I have known since 97 has been telling me about this travel business he has been doing. Well, on May 13th the Chiefs announced a unique business partnership where the Chiefs will be getting 60% of the travel commissions from fans booking travel.

<location>ST. LOUIS</location>, <chron>May 13</chron> /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Kansas City Chiefs have launched an innovative travel partnership with YTB Travel Network, Inc. -- a wholly owned subsidiary of YTB International, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: YTBLA) ('YTB' or the 'Company'). YTB will administer the Chiefs on-line and fan-based travel. The Chiefs travel website, www.ChiefsTravel.com (http://www.chiefstravel.com/), will provide the Chiefs loyal fans with the opportunity to book all their business and personal travel while offering multiple entry opportunities to win Game Day Packages, a 'Suite Experience,' autographed memorabilia, the opportunity to become a 'Chief for a Day,' a cabin on a Chiefs celebrity cruise and more.

Well, this Monday I joined as a rep... and have 5 people in this week.

As some of you may know, I have taught web development, Adobe products, search engine optimization, and internet marketing with Braincase.

I built my first website in 1996 in the university of Kansas computer lab 48 hours after my first time ever logging in.

Anyway, this YTB travel deal seems like an amazing opportunity. I find it cool that the Chiefs have partnered with them.

Since Monday when I finally joined, I have signed up 5 people, which is a commission of $100 each. and if you sign up 6 in one week, you trigger a $1000 bonus. I just started this, and it appears to be great.

Who else here has heard about YTB?

Here is there stock information:
http://www.ytbi.com/investor/stockinfo.asp

They recently moved up from PK sheets to OTC.bb and the stock is 2.18.
1st QTR 2007: they did $26mil
1st QTR 2008: 46 Million

Here is the presentation I used to get the 5 to join.

http://howifiredmyboss.com

If you like more information, PM me. If you want to sign up now,

please go ahead and do it at:

http://ytb.com/GowhereTravel

Also, if you like rick rolls, here is one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

P.S.

Long like the days of Phobia, and his fair moderating. Long Live Phil.

Phil for governor of Greenwood!

teedubya
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Got 2 more people in today. Triggering a $1000 bonus.

Just check out www.howifiredmyboss.com

heh.

phisherman
05-30-2008, 12:42 PM
another typical MLM scam. you love these things don't you?

not surprising to see that the chiefs are getting involved, since they've been scamming us for years.

phisherman
05-30-2008, 01:17 PM
upon further research, there are hits for YTB scam all over the web.

looks like they make upwards of 80% of their revenue from fees that they collect from their "reps".

Saulbadguy
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Stupid.

Adept Havelock
05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm going with George Washington's advice in his farewell address, and avoiding entangling Internet alliances.

Dartgod
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Uhhhh, spam?

Luzap
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Teh Douch3,

Don't let the ignorant steal your dream. I've been a professional network marketer for 17 years and believe it's one of the more noble professions.

Luz
talking with some of these guys about opportunity is like taking financial advice from your plumber...

StcChief
05-30-2008, 02:49 PM
well it's a company from the "east side"...

Dartgod
05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
How much money do I have to pay for this "opportunity"?

phisherman
05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
love that income disclosure on your site, the average take in annual income for active reps was around $90

gee, and i get to pay a $450 start up fee and $50 a month?!?! where do i sign up?!

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I had someone pushing me really hard to join a MLM a couple years ago. He kept telling me about all this money he was making and I knew it awas total BS. Then one day he told me that he had just received yet another check for several thousand dollars. I told him that if he went home, got the check and brought it to me right then, so I could see, I'd sign up. And if he didn't feel like going to get the check, he could never mention this to me again. Thank god I was right! It would have sucked to have to join.

The Bad Guy
05-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Teh Douch3,

Don't let the ignorant steal your dream. I've been a professional network marketer for 17 years and believe it's one of the more noble professions.

Luz
talking with some of these guys about opportunity is like taking financial advice from your plumber...

Yes, I'm sure it's Ari's dream to get bonuses from selling Chiefs travel plans.

teedubya
05-31-2008, 06:44 AM
Travelocity, Orbitz, and Expedia spent anywhere from $50k to 500k a day on advertising on Google Adwords alone each day. Check out www.spyfu.com for verification of that...

This company has its reps do it and pays the reps what they would pay in advertising.

If you travel at ALL, it is worth the entry fee to be able to write off you travel as a tax break.

One of the main reasons I got involved is I travel like a ****ing Goose. I will save 1000s this year in travel expenses.

Daddy here, was trying to share the wealth. Nothing to see here... move along.

teedubya
05-31-2008, 06:48 AM
upon further research, there are hits for YTB scam all over the web.

looks like they make upwards of 80% of their revenue from fees that they collect from their "reps".

Most of the YTB scam hits are by sour-grapes reps of this other company called Traverus, which is nearly my name... thus pretty cool.

Dartgod
05-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Travelocity, Orbitz, and Expedia spent anywhere from $50k to 500k a day on advertising on Google Adwords alone each day. Check out www.spyfu.com (http://www.spyfu.com) for verification of that...

This company has its reps do it and pays the reps what they would pay in advertising.

If you travel at ALL, it is worth the entry fee to be able to write off you travel as a tax break.

One of the main reasons I got involved is I travel like a ****ing Goose. I will save 1000s this year in travel expenses.

Daddy here, was trying to share the wealth. Nothing to see here... move along.
Funny. You made no mention of how much money you were saving on travel in your initial post. It was a sales pitch to join under you in a MLM scam, nothing more.

phisherman
05-31-2008, 08:01 AM
hey, if you like it, go for it. to each his own.

just a classic pyramid scheme to me. you can see from their own financials that they make all their money from the startup fees and maintenance fees for the websites.

smittysbar
05-31-2008, 09:14 AM
http://www.eyeballsun.org/capmikee/checks/Capitalism.jpg

teedubya
06-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Funny. You made no mention of how much money you were saving on travel in your initial post. It was a sales pitch to join under you in a MLM scam, nothing more.

Well, for people who have their own travel site, you get to travel as a travel insider, because you are a travel agent.

You then save pretty substantially. But if you arent involved... The price is comparable to Travelocity, since that is the booking engine that we use. In most cases, we are a little less... in some cases, we are a little more. But, we get commission on any travel that we book or anyone else books on the site. SO, there are additional savings there. I would say 10-15% less overall when you factor that in.

In all honesty, folks, it is up to you guys, if you want to get involved. I have tons of people that will be getting in, as a result of the credibility that some of my websites have created for me. Most people are negative about money making opportunities, regardless.

The chiefs partnering with YTB is what convinced me after 13 months of my friend on my ass about it.

I look at the fact, that there are over 400 top travel sites, that spend an OBSCENE amount daily combined on Google Adwords alone.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 395pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="526"><col style="width: 52pt;" width="69"> <col style="width: 57pt;" width="76"> <col style="width: 80pt;" width="107"> <col style="width: 63pt;" width="84"> <col style="width: 76pt;" width="101"> <col style="width: 67pt;" width="89"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td colspan="3" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 109pt;" height="17" width="145">Daily Adwords Spending</td> <td style="width: 63pt;" width="84">
</td> <td class="xl22" style="width: 76pt;" x:num="4164669" align="right" width="101">$4,164,669 </td> <td style="width: 67pt;" width="89">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td colspan="3" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Weekly Adwords Spending</td> <td>
</td> <td class="xl22" x:num="29152683" align="right">$29,152,683 </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td colspan="3" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Monthly Adwords Spending</td> <td>
</td> <td class="xl22" x:num="126328293" align="right">$126,328,293 </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="xl22">
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 25.5pt;" height="34"> <td colspan="3" class="xl25" style="height: 25.5pt;" height="34">Annual Adwords Spending</td> <td>
</td> <td colspan="2" class="xl23" x:num="1515939516" align="right">$1,515,939,516 </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Over 1.5 billion just on GOOGLE ads. This means that with TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, and other websites NOT named google... that most likely, the travel biz is spending over 5-10 billion on advertising each year.

With this business... all that money is NOT spent on advertising, but in travel agent commissions.

I have seen HUNDREDS of business opportunities, and I currently make a couple grand a month off of internet affiliate programs and have for a couple years. But this is BY FAR, the best opportunity that I have seen.

But, people are skeptical when it comes to money.

And yes, Smitty, every corporation is set up like a pyramid. With the CEO getting most of the coin... they actually set this company up to share the wealth of the travel business. It is quite ingenious.

Believe it.... or not. :evil:

Ebolapox
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
feh. as the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I've got a buddy doing a similar thing. He's been hitting me up for about 3 months to "come to a meeting". I thought the meeting was trying to get me to book a trip....about a month of "come to a meeting", I almost said yes one night and my wife looked at me and said "You know he wants you to sign up under him to sell, right?"

That was the end of it for me.

To each their own, but these types of things aren't for me.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
World Ventures. That's what is he is doing. I couldn't remember.

phisherman
06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
pathetic attempt to make money off of people looking to make a quick buck.

any company that makes over 80% of its revenue off of selling its own web sites and memberships is SHADY to me. the average yearly revenue from travel sales is around $60.

so Douch3, how are you going to make money? are you going to live on commissions from booking your own travel? or are you going to pimp the "money making" system out and make the $$$ off of poor suckers, reeled in by your "credibility"?

Valiant
06-02-2008, 01:45 PM
It is just a scam.. Trying to get uniformed people to sign up so he can make money.. If this does not qualify as harmful spam, I don't know what will..

Dartgod
06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
It is just scam.. Trying to get uniformed people to sign up so he can make money.. If thisdoes not qualify as harmful spam, I don't know what will..
It's no coincidence that SPAM and SCAM rhyme.

Skip Towne
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Include me out.

teedubya
06-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Heh. Include the KC Chiefs, In.

I got some great news today, my company is going to help set up major universities with the same deal the Chiefs have.

Ownage.

teedubya
06-03-2008, 01:09 AM
What part of NFL legal teams... do you not comprehend? It may not be something you are interested in doing, but it is far from a scam.

|Zach|
06-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Heh. Include the KC Chiefs, In.

I got some great news today, my company is going to help set up major universities with the same deal the Chiefs have.

Ownage.

Having to call your own?

Embarrassing.

teedubya
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Having to call your own?

Embarrassing.

Huh? The company that I built and am getting funded with, now has the opportunity... What are you talking about?

Plus Zach, you know that daddy knows how to make coin online, as I have given you tips and tricks in the past.

I taught Web Dev, Adobe PS, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Javascript, SEO and Internet Marketing at Centriq Foss Training in Leawood with Braincase for 1.5 years. I've been building websites and making money online with affiliate programs since 1996.

This is hands down the best way to earn coin for someone who wants an online business.

42 cents out of every $1.00 online is spent booking travel. 7 trillion spent yearly on travel. Period.

Google has a travel business. Aol does, Amazon does. They are in the top 20 of travel advertisers on Google Adwords. The top 408 spend $4.16 million a DAY on google adwords. That is insane. If anyone wants teh XLS file, Ill send it.

ANYONE can have a privately branded travel engine.

For those that are pissed that it costs to get your own privately branded travel engine... it is FREE to get in for those who just want to sell travel engines... but you don't get your OWN travel engine, thus no travel commissions.

I guess everyone should get everything free all the time. ROFL

smittysbar
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
you act like this is the first time one of these things have started. can you make money...sure. can others....sure. will the majority.....no. trust me, most of these networking things get rep stores and give you discounts. This is what keeps it legal and not a pyramid. I have been involved before. whatch out signing up friends and family, when its done you will most likly loose a few friends and have your reputation hurt. You have to realize, most have been involved in something of this sort before.

gas cards
phone cards
amway
too many to list. ALL set up the same way. even when a person works it, it is still hard to keep both sides balanced enough to reep all the money. If someone signs someone up on there inside leg then doesnt work it that person is screwed and has to build both sides with no help.Posted via Mobile Device

phisherman
06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
blah, blah, blah, we've all heard your "qualifications" ari

teedubya
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
heh. okay folks. This is all I will say about it.

The Chiefs partnership was the credibility that I needed to insure it was a real business... then after further research was sold.

After earning $2k so far, Im on fire.

Lots of scams out there, though... plus 2 weeks ago, I had the same attitude that you guys have. So, I understand and don't hold it against you folks.

DaFace
06-03-2008, 10:37 AM

The Chiefs partnership was the credibility that I needed to insure it was a real business... then after further research was sold.

After earning $2k so far, Im on fire.

Lots of scams out there, though... plus 2 weeks ago, I had the same attitude that you guys have. So, I understand and don't hold it against you folks.

How much of that was true revenues from the business, and how much was from getting other people to sign up? If it's pretty much the latter, your pool will probably dry up pretty quickly, so congrats on effectively taking the money of the poor saps you convinced to join. If it's actually the former, then congrats.

phisherman
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
the $2k is all from recruiting I would bet.

teedubya
06-03-2008, 12:10 PM
About 40/60 so far... but once I get a few schools on board, it will be 90/10 travel bookings

teedubya
06-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok this thing has been amazing so far...

Last night, my business partner and I drove through St. Louis to Carbondale ILL for a Red Carpet Day

I drove by Busch Stadium today... was in Wood River, Ill for a YTB Red Carpet Day. Bobby Bell and Lou Brock were there... they are both part of the company. They are the ones responsible for the KC Chiefs / YTB Travel scenario.

Anyway, after seeing it first hand, all I can say is that YTB is a legitimate home based business opportunity.

Barry Diller bought Expedia for 5.1 billion in 2003. This company doesn't spend the advertising dollars that those other companies do... they do it WORD OF MOUTH, utilizing Network Marketing or "Referral Marketing" as they are calling it.

The stats are amazing, absolutely off the charts... Expedia spends 3.7 million a WEEK in advertising. This company does the SAME THING. Brilliant.

I was able to recently purchase www.vacationtravelbusiness.com, which I think is a HUGE score. 3 great keywords.

I know some of you think all network marketing companies are scams. But the legitimate ones need to be in the DSA, Direct Selling Association, and some of the criterion is tough... plus, once you meet the leaders of the company, and they things they have accomplished so far.

I have drank the KoolAid.

My business partners and I were able to have a brief introduction meeting with the Chairman, Lloyd "Coach" Tomer. Google him, he is an interesting cat.

We were able to introduce them to our company, Adiqus.com and a potential partnership for their company. With our working with colleges and universities, it is a natural fit that maybe Colleges & Alumni could have their own travel sites?

I think that if anyone could use an extra $500-$1500 a month, than this a great vehicle for you to that... if you want to be assertive, than there could be a lot more.

Stock ] OTC.BB : YTBLA

Smed1065
06-17-2008, 11:21 PM

Then another post?

The Chiefs for a reference is not good considering the seat filling, money making they do with their recent product and return for season ticket holders and fans. IMHO.

ROFL

I would also like to see some factual backup of this statement -

"42 cents out of every $1.00 online is spent booking travel."

Thanks for educating me.

teedubya
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Not a rick roll. heh. But from 2005, the 2007 isnt free yet...

http://www.forrester.com/Research/Document/Excerpt/0,7211,40799,00.html

- Travel remains the largest online retail category, growing from $63 billion in 2005 to $119 billion in 2010.

also,

http://www.hotelmarketing.com/index.php/content/article/study_travel_will_remain_largest_online_retail_category/

The second decade of eCommerce will be marked by innovations that will make online shopping easier and more engaging. This will boost US online retail sales from $172 billion in 2005 to $329 billion in 2010, according to a new forecast by Forrester Research.

I don't have the 2007 numbers handy though, but 2005 63 million | Total Online Retail 172 million

63,000,000,000 / 172,000,000,000 = 0.36416184971098265895953757225434

so in 2005 it was 36.416% or every 36.5 cents of every dollar in 2005

teedubya
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
The Chiefs for a reference is not good considering the seat filling, money making they do with their recent product and return for season ticket holders and fans. IMHO.

That is true. Nicely played. I do know that the NFL has some pretty good attorney's though.

Plus, Barry Diller spent 5.1 billion on Expedia... think he did some research? I got my travel site for $500, and have made $3750 so far. If you want to get into ANY business, there are fees. Takes money to make money. It costs over $400,000 to get a McDonald's franchise.

I feel blessed, that is all I can say. People will get their jabs in, and that's cool. I'm just sharing what I am learning.

StcChief
06-18-2008, 05:20 AM
did you score SIU for travel while in C'Dale. ?

ChiefGator
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Here's a business idea for ya, since this is what I had hoped this site would have.

Packages for flights into KC, special rates with the Drury Inn or Sheraton, and reduced price Chiefs tickets.

If you can get the everyone to roll with a deal like that, you could count me in... as a purchaser.