PDA

View Full Version : NewNFLdraft.com's 2009 Mock Draft

Tribal Warfare
05-31-2008, 02:12 AM
http://newnfldraft.com/

2009 NFL Mock Draft: 05/29/08

1. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

The Falcons are a very young team with a young QB going into the 2008 season. After this season they will be looking to rebound for the 2009 season. The best way for them to do this is to improve their run game and pass protection. So I have them taking a great OT in Oher who will be good for years to come. Look for the Falcons to love Oher if they can get him in the 2009 NFL Draft.

2. Miami Dolphins: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

The Dolphins struggled in 2007 and I think they will struggle again in 2008. So in the 2009 draft I have them taking a player who is the real deal. People think he is just part of the TTU system but Crabtree is a great WR who is big, strong, and fast who will transition well in 2009 to the NFL. The Dolphins will have a young team and with Ginn and Crabtree they will have two young weapons for the 2009 season.

3. San Francisco 49ers: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio St

I Know that Laurinaitis might drop past this pick but he was projected to go top 10 in the 2008 draft. If he comes out and has a great season and does well in the 2009 combine I can see him going top 5. The 49ers would have liked to get Crabtree but the Dolphins took him already. So the 49ers pick up Laurinaitis in the 2009 Draft and get a player to come in and play right away in the 2009 season.

4. Oakland Raiders: George Selvie, DE/OLB, USF

Selvie is the Vernon Gholston of the 2009 NFL Draft. He can play both DE and OLB and is very good at getting to the QB. The Raiders didn’t get Gholston in the 2008 NFL Draft so they look to fill the pass rusher need here with Selvie. Look for the Raiders to slowly increase this year but still struggle and need a few more keys to be successful. The 2009 NFL Draft should give the Raiders what they need to be successful in the 2009 season.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.

The Chiefs addressed the O-Line in the 2008 NFL Draft. I have them getting younger at corner here to help the pass defense for the 2009 NFL Season. Jenkins would have quite possibly been the first corner taken in the 2008 NFL Draft if he opted for the Draft but he went back to Ohio state to try for a national championship. If Albert doesn’t work out at Tackle for the Chiefs look for them to snag an OT here to make their line complete for the 2009 NFL Season.

6. New York Jets: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

The Jets had a pretty good draft I just don’t see them having a great year in the near future. I could even see them picking in the top 3 because they just can’t put 2 and 2 together. In the 2009 NFL Draft the Jets will Take Moreno to help with their aging problem at RB. Moreno is a great RB who runs hard and is similar to LJ and Cadillac with his running style. The 2009 NFL Draft should give the jets some good players for the future.

7. Detroit Lions: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

The Lions took an OT in the first round of the 2008 NFL draft. However, I think Cherilus is going to be a RT in the NFL. So the Lions go back to the OT position and pick up a very good player out of Virginia in the 2009 NFL Draft. Some other players here could be Vontae Davis or Beanie Wells depending on how the RB’s do for the team in the 2008 season.

Baltimore Ravens: Michael Johnson, DE, GT

The Ravens need to put pressure on the QB and get younger all around. Johnson is a very good athlete who can get to the QB and help with the secondary. Another good pick for the 2009 NFL Draft here would be a CB or a linebacker to make the team younger for the 2009 season.

9. St. Louis Rams: Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State

The Rams have injury problems with Orlando Pace who may be retiring before the 2009 season. Boone is a good Tackle in a very good program. Look for the Rams to take the best OT available and solidify their line for years to come. Some other options here could be WR and DB’s for the 2009 NFL Season.

10. Chicago Bears: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

The Bears are picking here because they don’t have a QB. They are a pretty good team all around but they need a QB for the 2009 season. Stafford had a very good season and he will most likely be the first QB off the board in the 2009 NFL Draft. Tim Tebow could also be a choice depending on how he is ranked on their 2009 NFL Draft board.

11. Denver Broncos: Myron Rolle, S, Florida St.

Lynch could quite possibly be leaving after this year so the Broncos need someone to step in and replace him. Rolle is the top Safety on my board and could come in for the 2009 season and make an immediate impact. The 2009 NFL Draft should be a big draft for the Broncos future.

12. Cincinnati Bengals: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

The Bengals were killed in the 2007 season because of their defensive backs. They are going to get killed again in the 2008 season because of this as well. Davis can come in in the 2009 season and make an immediate impact. Another choice here could be WR because they are having problems with Chad Johnson and they cut Chris Henry. They went from one of the best receiving corps in the league to one of the weakest.

13. Arizona Cardinals: Rey Mauluga, ILB, USC

The Cardinals need to improve both offensively and defensively. So they go with a solid ILB who can come in right away and make things happen. Rey will be an immediate starting for this LB group and should make an immediate impact wherever he is in the 2009 season. Look for this guy to be the real deal.

14. Buffalo Bills: Ciron Black, OT, LSU

The Bills addressed DB and WR in the 2008 NFL Draft. It looks like they will improve in the 2008 season but they are in a difficult bracket with the Pats. Look for the Bills to take the best player available here and Black will help right away with Pass Protection as well as the run game. The Bills could be the real deal in the 2009 season if they have a good draft. Look for them to have a good draft in the 2009 draft because in the last couple years they have done very good.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (Panthers): Taylor Mays, USC, S

The Eagles need to improve their defense and secondary. Mays is a physical strong Safety who will fit in with the Eagles Scheme. The 2009 NFL Draft looks to be a lot better in the safety position then the 2008 NFL Draft. So the Eagles go with the best Safety available and get their team younger for the 2009 season.

16. Washington Redskins: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

Defensive end was a big need for the Redskins in the 2008 Draft and they didn’t address it. They gave Jason Campbell all the weapons he could want or need but they didn’t really improve the Defense. Hardy is a good DE who will fit in with the Redskins. The 2009 NFL draft has some good DE that the Redskins could pick from. Look for the Redskins to be a good team in 2008 just not a great team. The 2009 Draft will be very important for them.

17. Houston Texans: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

The Texans are in desperate need of playmakers. They have had a lot of injury problems in the 2007 season and didn’t address it in the 2008 NFL Draft. So they get Harvin who is most likely the best athlete in the 2009 NFL Draft. The problem is that he is small like a Ted Ginn or a Desean Jackson. So I could see him going pretty high in the draft but he could fall because of his size.

18. Minnesota Vikings: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

2009 NFL Mock Draft Description Coming Soon!

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

20. Philadelphia Eagles: Duke Robinson, G, OU

21. Seattle Seahawks: Dace Richardson, OT, Iowa

22. Pittsburgh Steelers: Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

23. Cleveland Browns: LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Tennessee Titans: Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson

25. New Orleans Saints: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Ok St.

26. Green Bay Packers: Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana

27. New York Giants: Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia

28. Dallas Cowboys: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Miss

29. Indianapolis Colts: Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

30. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sen’Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn

The 2009 NFL Mock Draft Description Coming Soon!

31. San Diego Chargers: Arian Foster, RB, Ten

2009 NFL Mock Draft Description Coming Soon! LT Backup

32. New England Patriots: Victor Harris, CB, VT

Mecca
05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Jenkins is going to drop mark my words......when a guy is thought of as highly as he was and they don't come they spend their entire senior seasons being overly critiqued for every little thing because of how long they've been known.

Don't be surprised if Vontae Davis passes him.