PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Dishwasher Repair

Chazno
06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I got a leak. Seems to be coming from the bottom of the tub, not a hose. Anybody do this or know somebody good you could recommend in the KC area? If it matters, it a 4 year old Whirlpool Quiet Partner I.

All answers appreciated, even the funny ones.

DenverChief
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
antifreeze

Skip Towne
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Call Phobia.

Phobia
06-02-2008, 10:08 PM
From the tub? That can't be good.

Not my bag, dude. Best of luck though.

ClevelandBronco
06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Remove the dishwasher immediately. I have a rental that had a pinhole dishwasher leak (the renters didn't tell me for six months). When all was said and done, I had to tear out all of the kitchen cabinets, the floor, the subfloor, the first four feet of drywall on the walls, and start from scratch.

We had to have fans going for 72 hours to dry everything out, then I had to coat all the structural members with Kilz after we sprayed an anti-mold agent all over everything that could be salvaged.

Stop it now.

No, better yet, STOP IT NOW.

Groves
06-03-2008, 06:58 AM
It's either a crack in the tub, or more likely a leak from the pump or the pump seal. If you're handy at all, just yank the dishwasher and go to town. I've done it only once before, but it was easy enough.

Short version: remove some parts from the inside, remove some parts from the bottom. Replace.

Expensive version: Just buy a new one

More Expensive version: Get it repaired by a guy who knows slightly less than you.

Really Expensive version: Just ignore the leak because, "it's only water".