PDA

View Full Version : Poop NFT: Pet Owners I would like your opinion.

BigVE
06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
We are getting ready to go out of town for a few days. We have 3 mini-dachshunds. 2 of them are not nice to strangers, 1 is very friendly. My idea is to let them stay in their kennel/cage in our garage while we are gone. Its 6ft wide and 16 feet long, they will have plenty of food and water and shade and my neighbor said she would gladly look in on them while we are away (she has done this for us before but only for a day or so). Does sound like an acceptable way to take of the the little shiznits or should I just board them? They have came back sick each time I have boarded them in past, one time we thought we were going to lose one of them he was soo sick so we are leary of doing that. Just curious to see if other pet owners would do the same. Thanks.

FYI: the standard "antifreeze" response has already been considered. ;)

Redrum_69
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Sure......if you want the Humane Society to be called...courtesy of your neighbor.

Nzoner
06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
As a pet owner and lover,I'd find a spot in the house that's not carpeted and leave them there if you're concerned about boarding.Sure you'll have to clean up a few messes but at least the dogs will be cool and not have to be caged like a rodent.

Brock
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
That sounds okay to me. I wouldn't do it with my dogs, but they're full size labs.

BigVE
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
As a pet owner and lover,I'd find a spot in the house that's not carpeted and leave them there if you're concerned about boarding.Sure you'll have to clean up a few messes but at least the dogs will be cool and not have to be caged like a rodent.

Yeah, the temperature is a concern for sure. As for finding a spot in the house that's not carpeted...that is pretty much just the kitchen area and its about 10 by 10, kind of small but at least they would be cool. Hmmm.

Redrum_69
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
hell you might as well tie them to your bumper while youre at it..

HemiEd
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Neighbor is the key, they need to do what they say they will do. Three of them does complicate things.

Phobia
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
They're freaking dogs, bred down from wolves. People act like dogs can't fend for themselves but they're very hardy animals, perfectly able to live in a ferrel environment or go without food for days.

My point? Yes, I'm sure they'll be just fine. If you and your wife are comfortable with it, who really cares? It's not like they're large dogs who require frequent exercise.

stumppy
A few days in the kennel won't hurt them at all. If they have food, water, and shade like you said they'll be fine.

Adept Havelock
Yeah, the temperature is a concern for sure. As for finding a spot in the house that's not carpeted...that is pretty much just the kitchen area and its about 10 by 10, kind of small but at least they would be cool. Hmmm.

I think that's your best bet. Keep 'em indoors, just cover it with newspaper. Offer a few bucks to the neighbor to clean 'em up daily, if you're comfortable with letting them in your house.

Demonpenz
06-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I either try to take dogs with you or expect the worst

Redrum_69
06-03-2008, 03:45 PM
They're freaking dogs, bred down from wolves. People act like dogs can't fend for themselves but they're very hardy animals, perfectly able to live in a ferrel environment or go without food for days.

My point? Yes, I'm sure they'll be just fine. If you and your wife are comfortable with it, who really cares? It's not like they're large dogs who require frequent exercise.

:shake:ROFL:eek::shake:ROFL:spock::shake::shake::shake:

blueballs
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
pay a neighbor kid or elder
stimulate the little man economy

blueballs
06-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd look after the neighbors hogs
didn't molest 'em or nothing

06-03-2008, 05:14 PM
pay a neighbor kid or elder
stimulate the little man economy

I'd look after the neighbors hogs
didn't molest 'em or nothing

http://www.bandyhumor.com/Handler.ashx?PhotoID=8&Size=L

Here's blueballs jr and his father, blueballs. and yes, that's a live pic from the crack house. poor soul.

BIG_DADDY
06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Just buy a big snake to take care of them while your gone.

Rain Man
06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I think that's your best bet. Keep 'em indoors, just cover it with newspaper. Offer a few bucks to the neighbor to clean 'em up daily, if you're comfortable with letting them in your house.

Yeah, that's what I'd go with.

BigVE
06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Just buy a big snake to take care of them while your gone.

I could let 'em run free and maul the neighbors and just let the cops put a bullet in their skulls....oh wait, that doesnt happen with mini-dachshunds does it? ;)

LOL, thanks for the opinions guys.

Rain Man
06-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I could let 'em run free and maul the neighbors and just let the cops put a bullet in their skulls....oh wait, that doesnt happen with mini-dachshunds does it? ;)

LOL, thanks for the opinions guys.

Put 'em in the yard with a badger. They're bred to hunt badgers, so they'll have fun and food all at once.

DeezNutz
06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Not the garage, man. Too hot for sure. I wonder if adult dogs would do their business on one of those training pads that some people use for small breeds? If so, that would work very nicely.

Adept Havelock
06-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Put 'em in the yard with a badger. They're bred to hunt badgers, so they'll have fun and food all at once.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKIAn2UlAX4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKIAn2UlAX4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>