PDA

View Full Version : Weather OMG!!! OH NOZ!!! Katie Horner!!! Were Gunna Die!!!!!!

damaticous
06-03-2008, 07:57 PM
HA HA I'm funny...and bored.

Sheesh! It's just a F'n Thunder Storm for gods sake!!! Give it a rest! :rolleyes:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/489/14082007bs4.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14082007bs4.jpg)

petegz28
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
She having orgasms over her multiple radar views of the same thing?

Hammock Parties
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Is there some reason KC has all these jackass media types with "schtick?" Jack Harry is supposedly always negative and over the top, Whitlock is Whitlock, and apparently Katie Horner thinks the world is ending every week? Is that correct?

Am I missing anyone?

doomy3
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Is there some reason KC has all these jackass media types with "schtick?" Jack Harry is supposedly always negative and over the top, Whitlock is Whitlock, and apparently Katie Horner thinks the world is ending every week? Is that correct?

Am I missing anyone?

Nick Athan is always wrong.

Phobia
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is always wrong.
Wow. That was too easy. But funny.

Skip Towne
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is always wrong.

I think Nick was right that one time but I'm not sure.

Phobia
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I think Nick was right that one time but I'm not sure.

Well, he thought he was wrong but it turned out he was right. How do you score that one?

Fish
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Hooray another orgasmic 2 hour weather Panicathon.....

Mr. Plow
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
No worries.....Olathe is cool.

Rain Man
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Off topic, but we had this amazing thunderhead rolling into Denver last night. It looked positively apocalyptic. It was this one big cloud all by itself, and it had four levels, one red, one black, one gray, and the top one a radiant white where the sun was still hitting it. The freaky thing, though, was that you could actually see this thing growing. You could see portions of cloud rolling up over each other as it got taller and closer. It was one of those where you button up the house because you know it's going to come in really hard, and it did. However, it missed us and hit northeast of us, spawning some tornadoes and big storms.

Phobia
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Off topic, but we had this amazing thunderhead rolling into Denver last night. It looked positively apocolyptic. It was this one big cloud all by itself, and it had four levels, one red, one black, one gray, and the top one a radiant white where the sun was still hitting it. The freaky thing, though, was that you could actually see this thing growing. You could see portions of cloud rolling up over each other as it got taller and closer. It was one of those where you button up the house because you know it's going to come in really hard, and it did. However, it missed us and hit northeast of us, spawning some tornadoes and big storms.

That's not off-topic. It's been said that whatever weather Denver got yesterday will be seen in KC today.

Rain Man
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
That's not off-topic. It's been said that whatever weather Denver got yesterday will be seen in KC today.

Oh. Never mind, then. Other than the content.

This cloud was freaky.

petegz28
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
No worries.....Olathe is cool.

God darn right it is. I am crisping in the sun as we speak!!! :D

KcMizzou
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Off topic, but we had this amazing thunderhead rolling into Denver last night. It looked positively apocalyptic. It was this one big cloud all by itself, and it had four levels, one red, one black, one gray, and the top one a radiant white where the sun was still hitting it. The freaky thing, though, was that you could actually see this thing growing. You could see portions of cloud rolling up over each other as it got taller and closer. It was one of those where you button up the house because you know it's going to come in really hard, and it did. However, it missed us and hit northeast of us, spawning some tornadoes and big storms.I love storms like that. Just bad enough to make you really take notice.

It got a little weird here tonight... the boys we laughing about how the sky was green. Storm never hit us though...

Skip Towne
06-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I love T-storms. Just hold the tornadoes.

petegz28
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I've thought of renting a nice econovan or whatever..the kind with seats and tables in the back and such and doing some storm chasing for a week.

dj56dt58
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
just north of Joplin about to get nailed by 80 mph winds. The entire cell has rotation..supposed to be here in 20 min. How long does it take to get to Olathe from here?

Rain Man
06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
just north of Joplin about to get nailed by 80 mph winds. The entire cell has rotation..supposed to be here in 20 min. How long does it take to get to Olathe from here?

30 minutes if you have a 200-mph backwind.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM

IT'S COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!1!!!1!!!!11!!!!

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/services/newsletters/2007/autumn/storm.jpg

Chieficus
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Didn't have to worry about the TV guys going psycho... I just went out chasing the stuff myself--was on the Carroll county storm northwest of Carrollton when it had its warning.

Never produced a tornado, but I thought I'd share some pics:

The first is of the rotating wall cloud near Braymer, the second is the storm's final effort to get something going--rotation and lowerings near Tina, and the final one is a nighttime time lapse lightning pic near Bosworth.

Also ran into the TIV, DOW, and about 8 scout cars that were chasing and filming for the Discovery Channel's "Storm Chasers" show while I was out: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/vehicles/vehicles.html

(At one point they stopped in the middle of the road, got in my way and made me mad... :shake: ) :)

wutamess
06-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Didn't have to worry about the TV guys going psycho... I just went out chasing the stuff myself--was on the Carroll county storm northwest of Carrollton when it had its warning.

The first is of the rotating wall cloud near Braymer, the second is the storm's final effort to get something going--rotation and lowerings near Tina, and the final one is a nighttime time lapse lightning pic near Bosworth.

Also ran into the TIV, DOW, and about 8 scout cars that were chasing and filming for the Discovery Channel's "Storm Chasers" show while I was out: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/vehicles/vehicles.html

(At one point they stopped in the middle of the road, got in my way and made me mad... :shake: ) :)

great stuff man.
nice pics. :thumb:

stumppy
06-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Wish me luck. It'll be here in the next 10 - 15 mins.

sedated
06-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Am I missing anyone?

dipshit internet posters think they are journalists but just spew generic bullshit.

KcMizzou
06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
great stuff man.
nice pics. :thumb:Indeed... thanks for posting them, Chieficus. Good stuff.

Mr. Plow
06-04-2008, 07:06 AM
God darn right it is. I am crisping in the sun as we speak!!! :D

It has nearly become CP Legend.

damaticous
06-04-2008, 07:13 AM

You should have stopped by if you had time. I live in Chillicothe. You were right there.

Bwana
06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I think all weather people are like that, attention whores by nature. We have a guy in town that is the same way. If there is a cloud within 200 miles, the guy gets a full boy. I remember last year there was a tornado about 60 miles away and he came on with breaking new about it. Christ, he was talking so fast, spit was flying all over the stage. Without question, the camera man had to have thought he just got hit with a fire hose and his eyes expanded to something that resembled grapefruits. Poor weatherman Bob was so excited and flusted, I thought he was going to whip it out on the spot and start rubbing one out.

little jacob
06-04-2008, 07:33 AM
do people in joplin watch kansas city tv?

Skip Towne
06-04-2008, 08:28 AM
do people in joplin watch kansas city tv?

No, they get Pittsburg and Joplin stations.

petegz28
06-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Once again the media plays on the lack of common sense of the population. It's spring time.....it's tornado season, it's t-storm season, it's been that way my whole life and long before.

But you would think people wouldn't know it was raining and storming outside by looking out their window if Katie wasn't there to tell them that indeed that is rain and a storm.

dj56dt58
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Had a tornado touch down here in Oronogo a little east of me..I saw it developing off to the north. Got hit by probably 90 mph winds and lost electricity. Still alive though. Everyone else was taking cover and I was the only dumbass outside watching..watching for tornados anyways. when the winds hit I said **** it and got my ass inside

Don't the the tornado did any damage