PDA

View Full Version : Life Heading down to Disney World, Florida tomorrow - wish me luck

Lzen
06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Taking the family vacation down to Orlando, FL to visit the Disney parks. This is our 4th time going to Florida in the past 6 years. It will be our first visit to Disney World. I am excited to be off work for almost 2 full weeks but I am definitely not excited about the long drive down there. Add to that the fact that we are traveling with my wife's parents and her sister's 3 kids. Should be nuts. Wish me luck.

Demonpenz
06-05-2008, 01:07 PM
If you aren't driving I would recommend a flask and some gum

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Have fun. I was down there about a month ago and had a great time. Try to do the "Pirate and Princess Party" if they have one at Magic Kingdom while your down there. Good times and they keep the park open until Midnight.

I cant believe your driving! How cow. Are you going to take out a loan for gas? hahaha

BIG_DADDY
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Have a good trip brother. No molesting Minnie.

siberian khatru
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll flip off your KU ass as you drive by. :D

KCFalcon59
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
If you see Guru, tell him to get back to work.

Lzen
06-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Have fun. I was down there about a month ago and had a great time. Try to do the "Pirate and Princess Party" if they have one at Magic Kingdom while your down there. Good times and they keep the park open until Midnight.

I cant believe your driving! How cow. Are you going to take out a loan for gas? hahaha

That tax rebate check is going to come in handy. ;) I already estimated the gas should run me about $500-$600 round trip.

Lzen
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM

Last minute checklist

- make molitav cocktails
- throw molitav cocktails at sk's house as I drive by

:p

Lzen
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Have a good trip brother. No molesting Minnie.

Naw, Minnie just doesn't do it for me. Now that Daisy Duck. Rrraaaarrrr!!

DaKCMan AP
06-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Stay hydrated. It's hot as hell around here during the day.

Thank you for visiting and please spend lots of money. We count on tourism. :)

siberian khatru
Last minute checklist

- make molitav cocktails
- throw molitav cocktails at sk's house as I drive by

:p

ROFL

Just remember, Walt was from MISSOURI. :)

Lzen
If you see Guru, tell him to get back to work.

Funny thing, he will about ready to leave on the day we get there. And he got to visit Disney during the gay days. ROFL

siberian khatru
06-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Thank you for visiting and please spend lots of money. We count on tourism. :)

Yep, things are so bad we now accept Jayhawker dollars.

Hope you guys have a blast. I've always enjoyed Disney with the kids, headaches (and hospital trips) and all. :thumb:

Lzen
06-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Yep, things are so bad we now accept Jayhawker dollars.

Hope you guys have a blast. I've always enjoyed Disney with the kids, headaches (and hospital trips) and all. :thumb:

Hospital trips? Just wondering about that because my little girl is accident prone. Last year, she came running into the bathroom at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach. The bathroom floor was elevated about an inch from the main room. She tripped and hit her cheek on the toilet. Had to get stitches. Oh, that was a messed up day. That was only about 30 minutes after we arrived. Of course, the wife had to take her to the hospital. The guys and I had already been consuming tasty beverages for a couple hours up to that point. :)

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I've always enjoyed Disney with the kids, headaches (and hospital trips) and all. :thumb:

Its amazing how those rides never get old. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, etc...

siberian khatru
06-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Hospital trips? Just wondering about that because my little girl is accident prone. Last year, she came running into the bathroom at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach. The bathroom floor was elevated about an inch from the main room. She tripped and hit her cheek on the toilet. Had to get stitches. Oh, that was a messed up day. That was only about 30 minutes after we arrived. Of course, the wife had to take her to the hospital. The guys and I had already been consuming tasty beverages for a couple hours up to that point. :)

Well, my story is --

First trip with the kids was 8 years ago. Last night there, the older son and his younger brother were horsing around the bathroom, and the older one slammed the bathroom door on his brother's finger, nearly severing the tip. Enormous screaming, blood, panic, sit down on bed, bend finger back to see wide, deep gash, call front desk (we were All-Star Sports resort), they call ambulance, I ride in ambulance with bawling toddler to hospital, wait in ER for more than an hour, kid falls asleep from stress, finally get in, they stitch the finger up and heavily bandage it, I get back to the room at about 2-3 a.m., we return home the next day, everything turned out well THE END.

Funny part was the manager checking with us very concerned, to make sure everything was OK, i.e., "You're not gonna sue us, are you?"

siberian khatru
06-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Its amazing how those rides never get old. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, etc...

I agree. I first went in 1975, when I was 9, and I still love the "classics" (including the Carousel of Progress).

Lzen
06-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, my story is --

First trip with the kids was 8 years ago. Last night there, the older son and his younger brother were horsing around the bathroom, and the older one slammed the bathroom door on his brother's finger, nearly severing the tip. Enormous screaming, blood, panic, sit down on bed, bend finger back to see wide, deep gash, call front desk (we were All-Star Sports resort), they call ambulance, I ride in ambulance with bawling toddler to hospital, wait in ER for more than an hour, kid falls asleep from stress, finally get in, they stitch the finger up and heavily bandage it, I get back to the room at about 2-3 a.m., we return home the next day, everything turned out well THE END.

Funny part was the manager checking with us very concerned, to make sure everything was OK, i.e., "You're not gonna sue us, are you?"

The Holiday Inn at first didn't even act that concerned about my daughter. My friend's wife (they live down there in Lakeland) ripped them up pretty good. They ended up paying for our hospital bill.

Spott
06-05-2008, 02:34 PM
You know that gay week is this week, right?

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
So do you guys use the Fastpass system when your there? Fastpass is my friend. Its amazing how well it works.

Frosty
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Except for "It's a Small World" (which I believe is currently closed).

StcChief
06-05-2008, 03:02 PM
good luck, are you missing "Pride Day" there? Hope so.

Spott
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
good luck, are you missing "Pride Day" there? Hope so.

Actually it runs through this weekend.

StcChief
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
what a treat for the kids :rolleyes: they will likely think they are part of the show.

Rain Man
06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
If you pass through Denver on your way, stop and say hi. And then buy a map.

My wife and I did the Disney world thing about ten years ago as childless adults. My parents, who are the most frightened people on earth, were aghast. "Why are you going there?" my dad asked. "Son, don't you know that they KILL tourists down there?"

You may think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Rain Man
06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
what a treat for the kids :rolleyes: they will likely think they are part of the show.

As long as they don't think they're rides.

I probably shouldn't have said that.

Mosbonian
06-05-2008, 06:47 PM
OK.....this sucks big time....I am having to work long hours and you are headed to my favorite place!!! :cuss:

Did you check out www.wdwinfo.com to check out any last minute developments?

A couple of recommendations:

1) I believe that this is the last weekend for all the Star Wars Weekends that they have from the first of May till the middle of June. If you are heading to Disney Studios (formerly Disney-MGM Studios) be aware there will be heavy crowds.

2) The most under advertised and easily most enjoyable ride in any park is "Soaring" in EPCOT. See here to read about it..

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=SoarinAttractionPage

3) Anyone with Disabilities? Make sure to get a Guest Assistance Card, which allows you a different line to go thru for those with Special Needs. It's like having a FastPass for every ride.

4) Gotta eat at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort...it's like Golden Corral with a little class and a bunch of Disney Characters.

5) Got to save one night to take the family to Chip N Dales Campfire Sing-Along at Fort Wilderness Campground. Roast Hot Dogs & Marshmallow (bring them with you or buy them there) have a little sing along and then watch a Disney movie under the stars.

6) DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat 30 minutes before you ride Expedition Everest. Not unless you want to experience what it is like to revisit your dinner.

7) If you are visiting The Animal Kingdom Park, ride the Safari Ride early in the morning to see the most active animals. By midday they are mostly in hiding or are very inactive.

I have a million more tips.....but most of all enjoy yourself.

mmaddog

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 06:53 PM
OK.....this sucks big time....I am having to work long hours and you are headed to my favorite place!!! :cuss:

Did you check out www.wdwinfo.com to check out any last minute developments?

A couple of recommendations:

1) I believe that this is the last weekend for all the Star Wars Weekends that they have from the first of May till the middle of June. If you are heading to Disney Studios (formerly Disney-MGM Studios) be aware there will be heavy crowds.

2) The most under advertised and easily most enjoyable ride in any park is "Soaring" in EPCOT. See here to read about it..

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=SoarinAttractionPage

3) Anyone with Disabilities? Make sure to get a Guest Assistance Card, which allows you a different line to go thru for those with Special Needs. It's like having a FastPass for every ride.

4) Gotta eat at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort...it's like Golden Corral with a little class and a bunch of Disney Characters.

5) Got to save one night to take the family to Chip N Dales Campfire Sing-Along at Fort Wilderness Campground. Roast Hot Dogs & Marshmallow (bring them with you or buy them there) have a little sing along and then watch a Disney movie under the stars.

6) DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat 30 minutes before you ride Expedition Everest. Not unless you want to experience what it is like to revisit your dinner.

7) If you are visiting The Animal Kingdom Park, ride the Safari Ride early in the morning to see the most active animals. By midday they are mostly in hiding or are very inactive.

I have a million more tips.....but most of all enjoy yourself.

mmaddog

Chef Mickeys was great! Took the kids there and we all had a good time. Plus, its the easiet way to get character autographs instead of standing in line at the parks.

Expedition Everest Rocked! But im a Roller Coaster lover.

Groves
06-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Don't wear your costume out of the park or they'll can ya.

chagrin
06-05-2008, 07:31 PM

LMAO

chagrin
06-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Have fun and be safe dude, it's quite a scene down here the past few years.

Lzen
06-05-2008, 07:46 PM

Yeah, GURU sent me a thing. Sunday is the first day we will be there. Gay Day is at Epcot that day. We will just not go to Epcot that day.

Spott
06-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, GURU sent me a thing. Sunday is the first day we will be there. Gay Day is at Epcot that day. We will just not go to Epcot that day.

I think all of that stuff is over this week. A friend of mine at work stayed at Disney property all week but he didn't know when he scheduled his vacation that it was "gay days" at Disney. BTW, it's been really hot down here this week(mid to upper 90's) and doesn't look like its going to be cooling down much over the weekend.

Rausch
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Say hi to Cap'n Jack Sparrow for me!:thailor: