PDA

View Full Version : Royals White Sox/Royals game thread

SPchief
06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Didn't see one yet.

sportsman1
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Im usually asking for it and go ahead and bite the bullet but I cant watch this crap anymore. I need atleast a 2 week break from watchin them suck. I was hoping Royals burnout would wait until the all star break lol.

SPchief
06-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Maybe the Sox need to learn that they shouldn't go for third.

SPchief
06-05-2008, 06:44 PM
This rookie umpire is hosing us.

Sam Hall
06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
It's never too early to think about the 2009 draft.

Does that sound familiar?

Silock
06-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Man, I finally get some hope for this franchise to move forward, but it's another year of the same old shit.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Hosmer wouldn't come on the broadcast tonight? That doesn't sound promising. Glass better be ready to cut a big check.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Hosmer already is too busy i believe to talk to us KC folk

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Apparently james shields of TB has the balls to hit a boston player, supposed bench clearing brawl there tonight

Be nice if our team would hit AJ

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 07:51 PM
"And with the third pick the KC Royals select..." /Selig/

"Oh shit..." /Hosmer/

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I bet Hosmer had a pretty good idea he was coming here days ago. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
"And with the third pick the KC Royals select..." /Selig/

"Oh shit..." /Hosmer/

I like how this guy might have the most raw power in the draft but could be a Casey Kotchman

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the draft today after Hosmer. Wow, almost all HS, the oldest pick was 21.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I bet Hosmer had a pretty good idea he was coming here days ago. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nevertheless this sends a message, and it would be naive to think it's not done for effect. Rumors are that he wants 7 mil to sign. This could be a subtle reminder to the organization that he's serious about this demand.

At the very least, not a good PR move on Hosmer's part.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the draft today after Hosmer. Wow, almost all HS, the oldest pick was 21.

This is a good sign. Shows that we're going to spend some money. Taking college seniors would have scared me.

How about Melville in the 4th round? He was supposed to be a 1st rounder. What the heck happened? Big contract demands? He was highly regarded so the Royals might have had to take a shot just so they could say they tried if he ends up being a star. No Pujols-like regrets.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I like how this guy might have the most raw power in the draft but could be a Casey Kotchman

ROFL

To be fair, Kotchman was supposed to be a monster coming out, but this is still a very troubling statement. It would be typical Royals luck, too.

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Nevertheless this sends a message, and it would be naive to think it's not done for effect. Rumors are that he wants 7 mil to sign. This could be a subtle reminder to the organization that he's serious about this demand.

At the very least, not a good PR move on Hosmer's part.We'll see what he does from here on out. I don't know that refusing to come on the broadcast tonight is really thumbing his nose at all that many fans. I'll worry about how it looks as the signing deadline approaches. If he eventually signs, I doubt many people will look back and count "didn't agree to talk on-air the night he was selected" as a major black mark.

It may take right up until the end. Which is par for the course lately, but, still, we've signed two Boras clients in a row...

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 08:06 PM
This is a good sign. Shows that we're going to spend some money. Taking college seniors would have scared me.It shows both signability and that they're concerned more with building the organization than getting college guys because they'll contribute faster and appease the more impatient fans.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Maybe hosmer is a mute, he had issues talking on espn when he got selected as well

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
ROFL

To be fair, Kotchman was supposed to be a monster coming out, but this is still a very troubling statement. It would be typical Royals luck, too.

Kotchman>than any royals 1b but not at the #3 overall pickROFL

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
nice ****ing play callassppppooo go beat your wife you're good at that

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe hosmer is a mute, he had issues talking on espn when he got selected as well

True. Sounded like his phone was a complete piece of shit.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 08:17 PM
We'll see what he does from here on out. I don't know that refusing to come on the broadcast tonight is really thumbing his nose at all that many fans. I'll worry about how it looks as the signing deadline approaches. If he eventually signs, I doubt many people will look back and count "didn't agree to talk on-air the night he was selected" as a major black mark.

It may take right up until the end. Which is par for the course lately, but, still, we've signed two Boras clients in a row...

Sure, I don't think this has anything to do with the fans. It's an organizational thing; he's not being accessible to the Royals' broadcast crew, thus letting management know that he's his own man, so to speak.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 08:20 PM
It shows both signability and that they're concerned more with building the organization than getting college guys because they'll contribute faster and appease the more impatient fans.

Huh? Not taking seniors makes signing them a lot tougher--the players have leverage. Is this what you mean?

Underclassmen and HS players speak to the fact that the team was trying to take the BPA, which is the approach Dayton said they would take in his news conference after the picking the mute in round 1.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
True. Sounded like his phone was a complete piece of shit.

I really hope we get him and Mellville signed...that'd be badass...best pitcher and top hitter... both 1st round talents obviously. if not we got a backup plan if hosmer is a douche

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Huh? Not taking seniors makes signing them a lot tougher--the players have leverage. Is this what you mean? I was saying that it meant they were not drafting for signability.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Huh? Not taking seniors makes signing them a lot tougher--the players have leverage. Is this what you mean?

Underclassmen and HS players speak to the fact that the team was trying to take the BPA, which is the approach Dayton said they would take in his news conference after the picking the mute in round 1.

He probably had dad run to the gas station and get a 12 pack of natty light

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Teahen with a solo HR, his 3rd straight game with a HR, wtf

BigRock
06-05-2008, 08:54 PM
TEA'S ON FIRE
BOOMSHAKALAKA

tk13
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
That might be the lone bright spot in all of this, Teahen is starting to come alive.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
alex is on a skid

Sure-Oz
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
lmfao cocoa crisps dads name is SUGAR crisp haha

DJ's left nut
06-05-2008, 09:37 PM
This is a good sign. Shows that we're going to spend some money. Taking college seniors would have scared me.

How about Melville in the 4th round? He was supposed to be a 1st rounder. What the heck happened? Big contract demands? He was highly regarded so the Royals might have had to take a shot just so they could say they tried if he ends up being a star. No Pujols-like regrets.

Melville sent a letter to all MLB teams telling them not to draft him as he would be going to college.

If the Royals want him, they'll have to pay a TON.

DeezNutz
06-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Melville sent a letter to all MLB teams telling them not to draft him as he would be going to college.

If the Royals want him, they'll have to pay a TON.

Really? Good info. Sounds like the team felt obligated to give it a shot, especially since he's a local talent.

DeezNutz
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Sounds promising that the Royals will be able to sign Melville. Cool. I've pasted some of the more interesting sections from an article about the situation in the Post Dispatch.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/FD2C05C3CD8FBFF686257460000D0D11?OpenDocument

Melville and his family sent out a letter last week that outlined a range of what kind of money he would be looking for to sign and forgo his eligibility at the University of North Carolina.

Kansas City's first-round pick, high school first baseman Eric Hosmer, likely will command a big signing bonus as the draft's No. 3 overall pick. Early indications were the Royals would discuss meeting Melville's asking price as well.

"They are in the ballpark," Valerie Melville said. "It will all come out later."