PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs River Falls?

G-MONEY
06-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Me and a friend are interested in traveling up to River Falls for Chiefs TC. How much does a trip like that cost? Obviously gas is a major expense but what are tickets to the camp like? Hotel rooms?

rocks
06-07-2008, 12:59 PM
No tickets to purchase! Just walk on up to the rail and watch. We stay at the Country Inn in RF or you can always get a room in Hudson down the road. I think there is a Super 8 also. Lots of fun and cheese curds!

aturnis
06-07-2008, 01:02 PM
When exactly is a good time to get into town? Is the whole thing open to public, or just the family fun weekend?

blueballs
06-07-2008, 01:48 PM
You would think RV sales would be in the toilet
there could be some good deals on rentals

1ChiefsDan
06-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I was going to take my kids up there for the family weekend and stay in one of the campgrounds around there (it was like $12/night I think) until I figured out how much it was going to cost in gas. Decided not this year.

blueballs
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
You would think RV sales would be in the toilet
there could be some good deals on rentals

or maybe a couple motorcycles and a tent

Hammock Parties
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
The Super 8 isn't bad. Free breakfast and a swimmin' pool.

RealSNR
06-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Last time I stayed in Minneapolis, but I was also traveling with family members who didn't like football and wanted something else to do. Also, gas wasn't above $3/gallon at the time. Hell, it wasn't even at $2.

If you decide to do that, River Falls is less than an hour's drive away... about 30-45 minutes.

rocks
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
They will practice 2 times a day. I think the morning practice is usually around 7:30ish. Some guys will be out real early. But it is free to get in. Bo's & Mine is a great place to get a sandwich and beer in the day. At night you will want to go to Coach's Bar. A lot players hangout there and it is a local hangout. Then you can laugh when the "out of town" talent comes walkn in.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2008, 08:20 PM
They will practice 2 times a day. I think the morning practice is usually around 7:30ish.

Last year the morning practice was typically around 9 AM and ended about 10:30. The afternoon practice was around 3 or 3:30 PM.

At night you will want to go to Coach's Bar.If you like horribly loud music and drunk morons.

Perkins is pretty much the best restaurant in town for your dollar (and Len Dawson hangs out there). The Copper Kettle is a bit more expensive but pretty good.

In fact, the Kettle even has a website.

http://www.copperkettle.com

blueballs
06-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Better check for flood damage first

Sully
06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Coach's is the place to go at night. Great bar, with decent people working there.
All the news guys and gals and players end up there, as well... if that's your thing.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Nick just asked me about staying in the dorms at River Falls this year...apparently they have public showers....I don't think I could endure the meatpeeker jokes in the event this actually happened.

tomahawk kid
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I've been several times.

We usually stay in Hudson - about 5-10 miles from River Falls.

It has a really cool old downtown area with lots of restaurants and bars.

I would also recommend (in River Falls) Steve's Pizza, Bo's N Mine (awesome burgers), Luigi's and Coach's for the hot wings and brews.

smittysbar
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I stay in Hudson.

Went last year during the vikes scrimmage and hit Mancato (sp?) on the way up so got to see both the scrimmage at vikes TC and Chiefs TC. Only thing that sucked is they have the following Sunday off.

blueballs
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Nick just asked me about staying in the dorms at River Falls this year...apparently they have public showers....I don't think I could endure the meatpeeker jokes in the event this actually happened.

my mind's eye needs a bleach douche