PDA

View Full Version : Football Samie Parker headed to Pro Bowl!

Hammock Parties
06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
lawl

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8063

Parker Catching On

By Gray Caldwell
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Samie Parker is a quiet guy. He tends to let his play do the talking.

The 5-foot-11 receiver comes to the Broncos in his fifth year in the NFL. Fans might recognize Parker from his four seasons as a Kansas City Chief -- he caught 18 passes for 263 yards and two touchdowns in six games against Denver -- but Parker said he's glad he made the switch.

"It's a good experience," he said. "I don't think I've been on too many positive ends of the Broncos-Chiefs rivalry, I mean I had a couple, but being here in Colorado is a great change."

Parker is part of a fleet of talented players the Broncos have accumluated at the wide receiver position. Along with Parker, Denver brought in Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson, Clifford Russell, Lorne Sam and Edell Shepherd through free agency, and drafted Eddie Royal in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

With all of that competition, one might think things could get a little heated, but Parker said it has been nothing but a fun environment on the field.

"So far it's been really good, because each and every day each guy is going out there making plays, so you've just got to keep making as many as you can just to try to stand out," he said. "With the veteran guys that we have ... you have to keep being consistent with it, and things will show up."

Fellow newcomer Jackson, one of the NFL veterans Parker mentioned, said he knows that when a team has a solid group at a position like wide receiver, the competition only serves to make everyone better.

"When you have that kind of talent, you see one guy make a play then you want to make a play," Jackson said. "It trickles on down until you have everybody making a play. You’ve got everybody jumping up and down, high-fiving and having fun."

Parker echoed Jackson's sentiments, saying he's excited about the prospect of such a stacked receiving corps.

"We all just want to win, that's the bottom line," Parker said. "Whether it be you making a play or another guy making a play ... I think it's going to be a great thing because we're just pushing each other, making plays out there and having a good team camaraderie."

Along with changing teams comes moving to a new city, and Parker said it might take him a little time to adjust.

"It's just different," he said, then cracked a smile. "You have to find places where you want to eat -- that's the main thing."

Parker said finding a good environment for his family is really what's on his mind. Though his family hasn't moved to Denver with him quite yet, that is something that he says might be on the horizon.

"I'm still kind of looking for a place now, kind of getting acclimated to the city before I get them out here," he said. "I don't want to be driving around getting everybody lost. I have a little daughter, I don't want her back there screaming and yelling when I don't know where I'm going."

Regardless of whether he knows the streets of Denver, Parker certainly knows his way around the football field, something the Broncos are looking to take advantage of when the season rolls around.

"I'm just looking forward to coming out here and helping the team win," he said.

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2008/parker4_ks_080603.jpg

little jacob
06-09-2008, 09:11 PM
he lets his play do the talking?

like when he gets a first down and acts like he won the super bowl...?

FAX
06-09-2008, 09:14 PM
For some reason, I don't like it when our ex-players go to our main rivals. Even if they were bad players. There's something about it that just bothers me.

FAX

chefsos
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Parker said finding a good environment for his family is really what's on his mind. Though his family hasn't moved to Denver with him quite yet, that is something that he says might be on the horizon.
...meaning, it'd be really embarrassing to get a house and move the family in just before getting cut.

Actually, I've got no hate towards Samie Parker. I'll be fine with it if he catches six or eight balls in every game the Donks lose...

BigRock
06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Samie Parker is a quiet guy. He tends to let his play do the talking.
Insert mime joke here.

Skip Towne
06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Pfffft!

Deberg_1990
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
For some reason, I don't like it when our ex-players go to our main rivals. Even if they were bad players. There's something about it that just bothers me.

FAX

But yet you dont get bothered when the Chiefs aquire players such as Marcus Allen, Joe Phillips, Eddie Kennison, etc???

blueballs
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
PBJ FIRST DOWN SAMIE PBJ
took his boyfriend to Denver

FAX
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
But yet you dont get bothered when the Chiefs aquire players such as Marcus Allen, Joe Phillips, Eddie Kennison, etc???

That only bothers me a little, Mr. Deberg_1990. For example, I felt a tad weird when we acquired Marcus Allen. It took awhile to get accustomed to the idea of him on our team.

But, I felt really weird seing Neil Smith in a goat outfit. I never actually got used to it, to be honest.

FAX

Deberg_1990
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
That only bothers me a little, Mr. Deberg_1990. For example, I felt a tad weird when we acquired Marcus Allen. It took awhile to get accustomed to the idea of him on our team.

But, I felt really weird seing Neil Smith in a goat outfit. I never actually got used to it, to be honest.

FAX

Ive gotten used to the reality of it. Players move all the time and the only true loyalty they have anymore is to the almighty $.

SnakeXJones
06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Now the bronco fans will feel our pain every time he drops the damn ball.

noa
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Parker is part of a fleet of talented players the Broncos have accumluated at the wide receiver position. Along with Parker, Denver brought in Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson, Clifford Russell, Lorne Sam and Edell Shepherd through free agency

Preach it Caldwell. Throughout the whole offseason, I was like, Damn! The Chiefs didn't sign Cliff Russ, and Damn! We didn't get Lorne Sam, and Damn! We didn't sign my grandma Edell! And it took me weeks to get over the loss of First Down Samie.

What a talented group. I'm green with envy.

KCrockaholic
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
i cant wait to see Parker make a 2 yard screen pass, then jump up, and have a little pow wow with himself, then get flagged for taunting. ROFL

PBJ <<<< Samie Parker

Pic
06-09-2008, 09:52 PM

chagrin
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
too funny

blueballs
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
He could do well in Denver
He is on record for beating out Crap

plbrdude
06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Now the bronco fans will feel our pain every time he drops the damn ball.

IN COM PLETE

oh wait, they don't holler that when their guy drops it.

stlchiefs
06-09-2008, 11:45 PM
lawl

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Samie Parker is a quiet guy. He tends to let his play do the talking.

I seriously did not read beyond this point. When the guy starts an article with an absolute blatant lie it's not worth reading his bs. Parker was a worthless WR who celebrated like he made a game winning touchdown every time he caught a pass and came up 1 yard short of a first down. What a POS. :cuss:

Frazod
06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I pretty much hated this useless prick when he played for us. I don't guess I really need to spell out how I feel now, do I? :#

RealSNR
06-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I hope this bum makes the squad, but then gets 5th string and when he is put in a position to make a play, he botches.

T-post Tom
06-10-2008, 12:01 AM
u-no-wat-im-sayin

Farzin
06-10-2008, 12:04 AM
He is still working for the Chiefs--he's gonna send Denver down :)

Mile High Mania
06-10-2008, 06:05 AM
He's a depth guy... nothing more, nothing less. A 3-4 option in the offense.

rambleonthruthefog
06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Parker is part of a fleet of talented players the Broncos have accumluated at the wide receiver position

what the hell are they talking bout. i hated this guy. called him drops.

The Poz
06-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Even if he's low on their depth chart he'll see the field against us. I'd love to see "dough-head" float one across the middle for him so Pollard can take his friggin' head off.

alanm
06-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Swift of feet, Alligator arms across the middle, Hands of stone.
Good luck :thumb:

suds79
06-10-2008, 06:52 AM

I'd say more like 4th or 5th.

I just can't see a top notch team with Sammie Parker as their 3rd WR. Sorry. Drops balls and doesn't separate as well as you'd think given his timed speed.

KcKing
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm for one not mad he's gone. In order to make my game experiences better i've been teaching the wife the who's and what's of the chiefs. When I made her some "Player's Number's" Flash cards so she wouldn't bother me asking who was who, she drew a sad face on his card and started calling him "Sad Face Sammy" because she said everytime we threw him the ball... I ended up with a sad look on my face.

^^Super Run-on!!!

**Heads back to the Lurker's Corner**

kepp
06-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Along with Parker, Denver brought in Darrell, Clifford, Lorne and Edell through free agency...

Sounds like they're making Deliverance 2.

Bwana
06-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm just glad we are done with Stone Hands. The fact the Donks picked him up is just a bonus.

kepp
06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm just glad we are done with Stone Hands. The fact the Donks picked him up is just a bonus.

Our defense's preparation checklist:

* Cover the bootleg...check
* Watch the cut-blocks...check
* Leave Samie open...check

alpha_omega
06-10-2008, 08:32 AM
This is great...i hope he sees the field.

We not only got rid of this guy, but his suckage factor will hopefully now benefit us.

NY CHIEF
06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Print-um ROFL

Frazod
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Good ole Samie. His name used to have two m's, but he dropped one.

DaFace
06-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I never hated the guy. I hadn't been to arrowhead for 10 years before the Donks game in 2004, and he caught his first NFL TD right in front of me. I think I've always hoped that he'd one day live up to my initial opinions of him from that game. :sulk:

Now that he's in Denver, I won't hate him or anything, but I just hope that he continues to drop the easy ones instead of making us pay.

chiefscafan
06-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I met lorne sam at the hotel I work at. I'm telling you this guy is a good guy. I told him I'll root for you but I can't root for the broncos. I also asked him what's the chances of if you don't make the broncos you come to the chiefs. He said pretty good he told me Price was trying to get him reallly bad after the draft but denver beat him to it. Price was mad he said cause he really wanted lorne. I wish lorne the best of luck but selfishly I'd love for him to be a chief.

Farzin
06-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm just glad we are done with Stone Hands. The fact the Donks picked him up is just a bonus.EXACTLY! When I first heard about this on the news, it put a big smile to my face.

stlchiefs
06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm for one not mad he's gone. In order to make my game experiences better i've been teaching the wife the who's and what's of the chiefs. When I made her some "Player's Number's" Flash cards so she wouldn't bother me asking who was who, she drew a sad face on his card and started calling him "Sad Face Sammy" because she said everytime we threw him the ball... I ended up with a sad look on my face.

^^Super Run-on!!!

**Heads back to the Lurker's Corner**

Do you really make her flash cards? That's hilarious if so. I might have to try that one as well, though my gal usually ends up falling asleep sometime during the game anyway.

R&GHomer
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM

Marcus Allen doesn't count. He hates the Raiders more than most of us do.

Micjones
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm one of the few people who doesn't dislike Parker.
I would've liked to see him come back for the 2008 campaign.

I think his problem was the level of expectation heaped upon him.
He was NEVER a #2 guy.

KcKing
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Do you really make her flash cards? That's hilarious if so. I might have to try that one as well, though my gal usually ends up falling asleep sometime during the game anyway.

Yea... While it was cool that she was taking an interest... Her constant questions were annoying the hell outta me. So I made her some cards so when she would ask, "Who is that?" I could just say, "Look it up."

Worked out pretty good. Even gave her some definition cards with simple phrases on them. "Shotgun", "Cover-Two", "Blitz" and such. I nearly shed a tear when she corrected Chris Collinsworth one day... :eek:

Hammock Parties
06-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Yea... While it was cool that she was taking an interest... Her constant questions were annoying the hell outta me. So I made her some cards so when she would ask, "Who is that?" I could just say, "Look it up."

Worked out pretty good. Even gave her some definition cards with simple phrases on them. "Shotgun", "Cover-Two", "Blitz" and such. I nearly shed a tear when she corrected Chris Collinsworth one day... :eek:

LOL god forbid I ever get an SO. I'll be forcing her to sit through film study.