PDA

View Full Version : Misc New Charity tele-marketer Trick???

petegz28
06-10-2008, 09:04 AM
So the phoen rings last week with some Out of Area # on the ID and I let the machine get it. All the sudden I hear "hey Pete? Pete?". The voice sounded similar to my aunt so I picked up the phone.."hello? ....hi this is whoever from the children's cancer fund"

So today I get a call from an 866 # and of course let the machine grab it and all the sudden I hear "Hey Pete pick it up...."

So this is the new trick they use.

FTR my wife and I give plenty to charities, the church, vets, the blind, cancer foundations and FOP every year.

But that is just sneaky-sneaky!!! :evil:

Adept Havelock
06-10-2008, 09:11 AM
So the phoen rings last week with some Out of Area # on the ID and I let the machine get it. All the sudden I hear "hey Pete? Pete?". The voice sounded similar to my aunt so I picked up the phone.."hello? ....hi this is whoever from the children's cancer fund"

So today I get a call from an 866 # and of course let the machine grab it and all the sudden I hear "Hey Pete pick it up...."

So this is the new trick they use.

FTR my wife and I give plenty to charities, the church, vets, the blind, cancer foundations and FOP every year.

But that is just sneaky-sneaky!!! :evil:

That would be when I inform them they are never getting another donation out of me. :)

StcChief
06-10-2008, 09:15 AM
if it's important they will leave a message. not ask to pickup :rolleyes:

chasedude
06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I hate phone soliciting with a passion!

blueballs
06-10-2008, 09:21 AM
try to sell them a timeshare to hades

petegz28
06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I really think they should have to leave a message they called and stop calling. I have some that call my house up to 8 times a day!!

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2008, 09:49 AM
ya I get telemarketers about 4 or 5 times per day ranging from 8am - 11pm. I've been on the do not call list which was effective June 1. But they still call and I'm growing a little tired of it because I like to get up around 9:30 or 10 not be woken at 8 fuggin am

little jacob
06-10-2008, 09:53 AM
it should be illegal to send an unsolicited telephone call for commercial purposes. same as they aren't allowed to physically walk into your house to solicit you or put advertising signs up in your yard.

Skip Towne
06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
The do not call list has nearly stopped those calls for me. I've only had to report one guy.

petegz28
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
ya I get telemarketers about 4 or 5 times per day ranging from 8am - 11pm. I've been on the do not call list which was effective June 1. But they still call and I'm growing a little tired of it because I like to get up around 9:30 or 10 not be woken at 8 fuggin am

I believe they cannot call you after 9:00pm so report their ass.

Redrum_69
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Its amazing what the Chiefs front office will say to get their fanbase back...

Joie
06-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I really think they should have to leave a message they called and stop calling. I have some that call my house up to 8 times a day!!

Get on the do not call list. If you get one of these calls make it clear that they are NOT to call you again because you are on the do not call list. If they persist report them.

Rain Man
06-10-2008, 12:07 PM
it should be illegal to send an unsolicited telephone call for commercial purposes. same as they aren't allowed to physically walk into your house to solicit you or put advertising signs up in your yard.

I don't know if it happens everywhere, but here in Denver we constantly have people leaving flyers in our door. It annoys the heck out of me, and we probably get three a week. The worst ones bring tape and actually tape their ad to my front door. I'll tell you what, if my house ever gets burglarized, I'm going to sue the living daylights out of the idiot who taped his ad to my front door and announced to the world that I wasn't home.

kepp
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
That would be when I inform them they are never getting another donation out of me. :)

Absolutely...that's ridiculous.

Joie
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know if it happens everywhere, but here in Denver we constantly have people leaving flyers in our door. It annoys the heck out of me, and we probably get three a week. The worst ones bring tape and actually tape their ad to my front door. I'll tell you what, if my house ever gets burglarized, I'm going to sue the living daylights out of the idiot who taped his ad to my front door and announced to the world that I wasn't home.

They like to slip ads under windshield wipers here. Which means we end up with hundreds of these little papers all over the parking lot. :cuss:

kepp
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM

We get the same thing in our neighborhood sometimes. I put up a "No Soliciting" sign by my door last summer and actually had a guy knock and want to explain to me why he wasn't soliciting. :shrug::shake:

Skip Towne
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
We get the same thing in our neighborhood sometimes. I put up a "No Soliciting" sign by my door last summer and actually had a guy knock and want to explain to me why he wasn't soliciting. :shrug::shake:

I used to sell those signs door to door.

CoMoChief
06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
You can use the ol Mr. Bergis method and just go completely ape shit on them to the point they won't ever call you again.

kcfan82
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
https://www.donotcall.gov/

Sully
06-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I used to sell those signs door to door.

ROFL