PDA

View Full Version : Life Ray Crockett on "30 Days". Topic, paralyzed.

aturnis
06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Having played on the Lions w/ a player who was injured and permanently paralyzed, he takes the challenge.

Really interesting, and very cool of him.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
That's a pretty good show. It seems to really have an effect on those who take the challenge.

ChiefsCountry
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I was going to comment about his play with us but it wouldnt have been tasteful with what he is doing on the tv show.

aturnis
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
He had his Chiefs jersey framed and on the wall. At least he shows he is proud of having played for the Chiefs.

blueballs
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
he plays a burn victim with conviction

rtmike
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
link, details?

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
anybody catch the one where the mom drank every night, or 4 or 5 nights a week, for 30 days? That's a challenge I would accept;

KCrockaholic
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
id like more info as well....i havent even heard of the show...

rtmike
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
My trainer actually asked me just today if I ever heard of the show "30 Days". He said Ray Crockett was in it and immediately I knew what he was talking about.
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/

I'm anxious to see what an able body person thinks of it. Just to be a critic, I don't imagine he's using a catheter or taking a bunch of Imodium to get plugged up and then having his bowel paralyzed so he has to some how get the ca ca out. No fun under the sheets either.

I'm mean if they want to portray being in a 'chair they should do it right instead of just sitting in a 'chair to get around. Hell that's the easy part.:D

chasedude
06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I watched this last night. Watching Ray sitting in some of the support meetings brought me to tears almost listening to their stories. Granted some of the stories were self inflicted. There was one guy that snapped his spinal cord wrecking his motorcycle @ 110 mph. How such a stupid stunt has changed his and his families future.

Morgan Spurlock has brought up some interesting situations for his 30 days episodes. I really like the one last season about living on minimum wage. The company I work for helps people trying to make ends meet while living on such a low wage, brought it close to home.