PDA

View Full Version : Royals Barry Bonds

bsp4444
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3437067

I can't stand Barry Bonds, but I can't believe a team like the Royals wouldn't pony up $390,000 for his bat in that sickly lineup of theirs. There has to be some collusion going on.

Fish
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
As much as I crave for more power hitting in the lineup.... and I reaaaaly want to see more power hitting in the lineup...

**** Barry Bonds.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats another juan gonzalez situation waiting to happen. keep him far far away from the royal blue.

NEW. BLUE. TRADITION.:)

chasedude
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
As much as I crave for more power hitting in the lineup.... and I reaaaaly want to see more power hitting in the lineup...

**** Barry Bonds.

I agree, the Royal's are already a laughing stock. Bringing in Bonds would add more fertilizer to the bomb.

Frazod
06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
One bat isn't going to help at this point. Neither is a hateful, racist, surly prima donna who will spawn discontent and controversy anywhere he goes. And do we really want even a little bit of his terrible attitude rubbing off on the rookies?

Better to lose with dignity than lose with Barry.

little jacob
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
no fan base in the league wants barry bonds. except, maybe, one that could get over the hump by having a situational hitter who cant play full time any more and reportedly hasnt even been training or hitting. jay gibbons maybe. he sounds like he has learned from his mistake and he has things to offer. i might give him a look.

keg in kc
06-11-2008, 02:22 PM
No thanks.

Rooster
06-11-2008, 02:23 PM

:thumb::Royals:

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 02:24 PM
One bat isn't going to help at this point. Neither is a hateful, racist, surly prima donna who will spawn discontent and controversy anywhere he goes. And do we really want even a little bit of his terrible attitude rubbing off on the rookies?

Well said, Tim.

People just assume collusion when an over the hill, me first -team fifth, racist scumbag is still sitting on the scrap heap in early June.

Or, it could be exactly what it is. No one wants him, period.

Hell, if it wasn't for this pseudo home run chase of his, the Giants would have dumped his ass years ago.

Deberg_1990
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Id prefer the Royals sign Hank Aaron before they signed Bonds.

CoMoChief
Bonds would laugh at that offer and whip out his checkbook and probably write KC Royals a check for that much just to stop bothering him.

What's $390K gonna do for a guy who's about to go to prison? He probably wants to be on a contender.

OnTheWarpath15
Id prefer the Royals sign Hank Aaron before they signed Bonds.

ROFL

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Bonds stats still had good stats at the end of the year. It would never happen but I would love to see it. Pretty much the only player 60% of the time you couldn't get out

KCUnited
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Unless he can come out of the bullpen and give us 2 good innings, no thanks.

little jacob
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah like someone said... theres that small matter of felony charges currently hanging over his head as well

bsp4444
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Bonds would laugh at that offer and whip out his checkbook and probably write KC Royals a check for that much just to stop bothering him.

What's $390K gonna do for a guy who's about to go to prison? He probably wants to be on a contender.

Did you read the article? They are getting turned down for offers at the league minimum of $390,000.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3437067

I can't stand Barry Bonds, but I can't believe a team like the Royals wouldn't pony up $390,000 for his bat in that sickly lineup of theirs. There has to be some collusion going on.

I would laugh my ass off if Barry sued the leagues ass off for a bizzillion dollars for collusion. I have watched maybe 3 innings all year.

HemiEd
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Barry sued the leagues ass off for a bizzillion dollars for collusion. I have watched maybe 3 innings all year.

That is more time than I have spent watching the NBA. :)

I think Boston has had enough championships, but I pick Paul Pierce over Kobe shut the wife up Bryant. :D

Just say no to Barry Bonds.

bsp4444
06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats another juan gonzalez situation waiting to happen. keep him far far away from the royal blue.

Juan Gone cost a lot more than $390,000.

I see a risk reward benefit, but it seems I am in the minority.

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Barry Bonds would make sense for the Royals...at least he'd sell tickets...shit, Kaufman would be rocking for a few weeks...he'd make 100 times as much for the team as a minimum salary...I bet you'd see quite a few Bonds Royals jerseys all over America to be honest...

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It won't ever happen...Bonds won't ever play in KC...but this is nothing like Juan Gonzalez...Bonds has never been injury prone really...he missed one year and could DH...plus, he'd be playing for minimum so there is literally no risk...cut him if he causes problems, sucks or the team can't handle the media buzz...

little jacob
06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
that's the stupidest thing I have ever read.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
That is more time than I have spent watching the NBA. :)

I think Boston has had enough championships, but I pick Paul Pierce over Kobe shut the wife up Bryant. :D

Just say no to Barry Bonds.

At least she's hot.

Hootie
no fan base in the league wants barry bonds. except, maybe, one that could get over the hump by having a situational hitter who cant play full time any more and reportedly hasnt even been training or hitting. jay gibbons maybe. he sounds like he has learned from his mistake and he has things to offer. i might give him a look.

Bonds would be the best DH in the AL...better than Ortiz...he had a friggin' .480 OBP last year...that's insane. He might be 43...but he can still rake better than 99% of big leaguers.

Fish
Barry Bonds would make sense for the Royals...at least he'd sell tickets...shit, Kaufman would be rocking for a few weeks...he'd make 100 times as much for the team as a minimum salary...I bet you'd see quite a few Bonds Royals jerseys all over America to be honest...

ROFL

NO.....

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Nah, I think he just wants to pad those stats a little more...he could DH three more years...

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
He's blacklisted. Plain and simple. A guy who plays 130 games a season before and carries a .480 OBP with a great OPS can play for any team he wants...unless he's Barry Bonds.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM

Ha, no shit. I don't care what the article says, Bonds is not willing to sign for $390,000 or he would already be on a team.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2008, 03:11 PM

:clap: Couldn't agree more. Keep that POS away from my team.

As for him suing for collusion/being blacklisted...good luck proving it. LMAO

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Bonds OPS last year (1.045) would be 7th in the entire majors this season...

and he can't get an offer for league minimum?

He's blacklisted. Almost unfairly, I might add...they have more crap on Miguel Tejada and he's making 15M a season...

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:13 PM
As you might be able to tell, I'm a Barry Bonds fan...

I hate the fact that he gets all of the blame for something apparently a TON of players were doing...

Barry Bonds is still the best baseball player most of us have ever seen...with or without the juice.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I am suprised Gibbons hasn't been given a shot yet either...

Hell the royals should give him a shot, can't he play 1b and OF? He has more power than any of the ass clowns currently playing those positions except Guillen. As for bonds, i doubt Moore would bring him here, i thought maybe Seattle would take a gander, but they aren't even a contender. I would probably be more inclined to go to a game if Bonds was signed, but it will never happen, i bet he makes it on somewhere before the year is over. Bonds could teach the players how to take a pitch maybe

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
As you might be able to tell, I'm a Barry Bonds fan...

I hate the fact that he gets all of the blame for something apparently a TON of players were doing...

Barry Bonds is still the best baseball player most of us have ever seen...with or without the juice.

A ton of players were not paying their taxes and lying to Federal Grand Juries?

Adept Havelock
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Go away Barry. Nobody wants to hire you, even for peanuts. :)

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I am suprised Gibbons hasn't been given a shot yet either...

Hell the royals should give him a shot, can't he play 1b and OF? He has more power than any of the ass clowns currently playing those positions except Guillen. As for bonds, i doubt Moore would bring him here, i thought maybe Seattle would take a gander, but they aren't even a contender. I would probably be more inclined to go to a game if Bonds was signed, but it will never happen, i bet he makes it on somewhere before the year is over. Bonds could teach the players how to take a pitch maybe

Gibbons sucks...he has a career OBP of .314...he isn't any good. Him not being in the big leagues is hardly a surprise.

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:18 PM
A ton of players were not paying their taxes and lying to Federal Grand Juries?

Blah blah blah...

He got caught not paying taxes on autographed merchandise...since the federal grand jury ordeal it has been a giant smear case against Bonds...had he taken the Giambi route the tax evasion never would have came up...they are just trying to get him on something...and I doubt they ever do. He won't spend a day in jail.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Gibbons sucks...he has a career OBP of .314...he isn't any good. Him not being in the big leagues is hardly a surprise.

Explain how Teahen and some of the assclowns the royals have already are still on the team?

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
It's not like he took the Roger Clemens route...now there is a true dumbass. At least Bonds has played it smart...by keeping his mouth shut.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
It won't ever happen...Bonds won't ever play in KC...but this is nothing like Juan Gonzalez...Bonds has never been injury prone really...he missed one year and could DH...plus, he'd be playing for minimum so there is literally no risk...cut him if he causes problems, sucks or the team can't handle the media buzz...

bonds has been pretty injury prone the last couple of years, and that body of his isn't getting any younger.

and it is JUST like the juan gonzalez debacle. corner outfielder that thinks he's too good to be in kansas city playing in front of 15,000. not good with the media, not good with the youngsters. CANCER. straight up.

i understand that he would be much cheaper than gonzalez, but i don't see the lockerroom situation working out any differently.

i'm still bitter about 2004. f*ck juan gonzalez. and f*ck barry bonds.

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Explain how Teahen and some of the assclowns the royals have already are still on the team?

For one, Teahen is 26. Two, his OBP is .340...not good, but he's having a down year from his previous two...and three, I never said anything about Teahen being good, just that Gibbons isn't going to change anything for the Royals, either...he had an awful 2007...and really only had a few decent years because of the amount of homeruns he hit.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
bonds has been pretty injury prone the last couple of years, and that body of his isn't getting any younger.

and it is JUST like the juan gonzalez debacle. corner outfielder that thinks he's too good to be in kansas city playing in front of 15,000. not good with the media, not good with the youngsters. CANCER. straight up.

i understand that he would be much cheaper than gonzalez, but i don't see the lockerroom situation working out any differently.

I still remember when Juan slammed his bat after a game winning rbi by the previous batter, and he looked disgusted that he couldn't have done it. He is a POS

OnTheWarpath15
Blah blah blah...

He got caught not paying taxes on autographed merchandise...since the federal grand jury ordeal it has been a giant smear case against Bonds...had he taken the Giambi route the tax evasion never would have came up...they are just trying to get him on something...and I doubt they ever do. He won't spend a day in jail.

ROFL

Yeah, a smear campaign...

"They" wouldn't have anything to "get him on" had he not lied to a federal grand jury and cheated his taxes.

You're right, he'll never spend a day in jail, but only because he's Barry Bonds.

You or I would already be in prison.

Hootie

Bonds will never be a Royal...I'm just saying...who is Barry Bonds going to ruin in the locker room? Shit...he's an angel compared to captain cancer Jose Guillen...one more losing streak and I wouldn't be surprised to see the only guy that deserves to be in the majors on the Royals kill a teammate.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Bonds will never be a Royal...I'm just saying...who is Barry Bonds going to ruin in the locker room? Shit...he's an angel compared to captain cancer Jose Guillen...one more losing streak and I wouldn't be surprised to see the only guy that deserves to be in the majors on the Royals kill a teammate.

Guillen isn't that bad, c'mon now....he called out some of his teammates, otherwise what have you heard?

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:25 PM
ROFL

Yeah, a smear campaign...

"They" wouldn't have anything to "get him on" had he not lied to a federal grand jury and cheated his taxes.

You're right, he'll never spend a day in jail, but only because he's Barry Bonds.

You or I would already be in prison.

Yeah yeah yeah...

People with money cheat on their taxes all of the time...I bet they could find hundreds of professional athletes who make money off of their fame and don't pay taxes on that money...

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Guillen isn't that bad, c'mon now....he called out some of his teammates, otherwise what have you heard?

I'm not talking about this year...the year he had a monster year he did something so disruptive the team suspended him for the entire playoffs...right before the playoffs...the dude is a serious nut.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not talking about this year...the year he had a monster year he did something so disruptive the team suspended him for the entire playoffs...right before the playoffs...the dude is a serious nut.

I remember now, but maybe he has grown up since then. Milton Bradley is considered a nut too, so far he hasn't done shit with Texas either, although he did taunt fans at the K last night after they were giving him shit. Funny thing is, we tried to trade for him too, i guess we may as well sign BondsROFL

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM

Ha, yeah, we wouldn't want our stud young hitters to get any advice from one of the best hitters of all-time. I mean, Alex Gordon is just doing awesome so far in his career (sub 400 slugging this year), same with Billy Butler (demoted to minors after hitting 1 HR in over 200 AB this season). And of course we can't forget about the exploits of Mark Teahen, John Buck, and Joey Gathright.

Yes, keep Bonds away from these superstars, he'll ruin them! ROFL

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM

after that rant, i was just happy that he cared..

god knows bonds wouldn't give a flying f*ck

little jacob
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
He's blacklisted. Plain and simple. A guy who plays 130 games a season before and carries a .480 OBP with a great OPS can play for any team he wants...unless he's Barry Bonds.

1. if you mean he's blacklisted himself by being a felon and an ahole to the point where no team wants anything to do with him and no one wants to play with him i agree with that.

2. he played 130 games but he hit, what, 300 times? hardly playing full time

3. PNC is 360 to right, kauffman is 375. park-adjust those 28 home runs.

4. he hit .276 last year... his OPS is only high because he walked so many times. in kansas city's horrible lineup he won't be getting pitched around. his slugging percentage the last two years is back down to where it was when he played for the pirates and weighed 180lbs

5. supposedly butler is the DH of the future.

6. $390,000 would bring in several minor free agents who the royals can give a shot.

7. what does a rebuilding team want with a 44 year old DH anyway? is kansas city going to miss the playoffs unless they sign him?

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
after that rant, i was just happy that he cared..

god knows bonds wouldn't give a flying f*ck

If Guillen truly cared, he wouldn't have signed with the Royals...

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
1. if you mean he's blacklisted himself by being a felon and an ahole to the point where no team wants anything to do with him and no one wants to play with him i agree with that.

4. he hit .276 last year... his OPS is only high because he walked so many times. in kansas city's horrible lineup he won't be getting pitched around. his slugging percentage the last two years is back down to where it was when he played for the pirates and weighed 180lbs

6. $390,000 would bring in several minor free agents who the royals can give a shot.

7. what does a rebuilding team want with a 44 year old DH anyway? is kansas city going to miss the playoffs unless they sign him?

Guarantee way more fans show up every night just because of him, they would gain money off of him appearing alone

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
If Guillen truly cared, he wouldn't have signed with the Royals...

That's like saying the same thing about people coming to the chiefs...

I guess Meche doesn't give a shit either

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Ha, yeah, we wouldn't want our stud young hitters to get any advice from one of the best hitters of all-time. I mean, Alex Gordon is just doing awesome so far in his career (sub 400 slugging this year), same with Billy Butler (demoted to minors after hitting 1 HR in over 200 AB this season). And of course we can't forget about the exploits of Mark Teahen, John Buck, and Joey Gathright.

great hitters don't make great teachers.... not even close. there have been a lot of great hitters that became hitting coaches that were highly ineffective and didn't last long.

i'd rather have a proven hitting coach any day.

little jacob
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Guarantee way more fans show up every night just because of him, they would gain money off of him appearing alone

maybe show up to boo. just as many people will be pissed off at the team who were going before as would show up to see him.

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM

he only had 300 AB's because, once again, he easily lead the league in walks...and what is wrong with being walked...and I think you forgot he played in San Francisco last year where they had Ray Durham protecting him...yep, Ray Durham...hitting 4th. If anything, signing with the Royals he'd be in a MUCH better offense than he was last year...which should show you how amazingly awful that offense in San Fran was last year.

Put Barry Bonds in the middle of the Yankees lineup and he'd set the AL on fire...guaranteed...they've been pitching around Bonds for years...the year he hit 73, if they forced teams to pitch to him he could've hit 100...give someone all of the steroids in the world and they'd never be a better hitter than Bonds...he's the best.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
great hitters don't make great teachers.... not even close. there have been a lot of great hitters that became hitting coaches that were highly ineffective and didn't last long.

i'd rather have a proven hitting coach any day.

That doesn't support the theory that he will ruin our "great" young hitters. Honestly, could our core of young position players be any more disappointing?

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
That's like saying the same thing about people coming to the chiefs...

I guess Meche doesn't give a shit either

He obviously didn't...the Mariners offered him a similar contract with 1 less year and a few less million per year and he chose the Royals...why? Because the Royals grossly overpaid for him...that's why Guillen chose them, too...12M a year for a guy who walks 15 times a year and has a god awful OBP? Lets just say the demand for Guillen wasn't high enough to warrant 12M per year.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 03:36 PM

What in God's name makes you think Bonds would even talk to these kids, much less mentor them?

Christ, about the only two words he ever said to his teammates in SF was "****" and "you."

Read this book, and the accounts from over 500 ex-teammates, front office personnel, and even friends - then tell me he'd be a good mentor to a young teammate.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QIv7agRgVjEC&dq=love+me+hate+me&pg=PP1&ots=ZhILNVS064&sig=bAhfFn4LqJcd7nOBLCg8bWMzan4&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dlove%2Bme,%2Bhate%2Bme%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail#PPP1,M1

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
He obviously didn't...the Mariners offered him a similar contract with 1 less year and a few less million per year and he chose the Royals...why? Because the Royals grossly overpaid for him...that's why Guillen chose them, too...12M a year for a guy who walks 15 times a year and has a god awful OBP? Lets just say the demand for Guillen wasn't high enough to warrant 12M per year.

Agreed on guillen, but he is definetly starting to light things on fire in inept offense. I am just glad we didnt get Andruw, that is a royal bust, atleast Juan Gone hit 2 hrs with us

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
What in God's name makes you think Bonds would even talk to these kids, much less mentor them?

Christ, about the only two words he ever said to his teammates in SF was "****" and "you."

Read this book, and the accounts from over 500 ex-teammates, front office personnel, and even friends - then tell me he'd be a good mentor to a young teammate.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QIv7agRgVjEC&dq=love+me+hate+me&pg=PP1&ots=ZhILNVS064&sig=bAhfFn4LqJcd7nOBLCg8bWMzan4&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dlove%2Bme,%2Bhate%2Bme%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail#PPP1,M1

We all know DDJ can soften bonds up by offering him a piece of big league chew

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 03:38 PM

You're right, he's the devil. He hates everyone and everything. :rolleyes:

Anyways, doesn't support the point that having him around would hurt our young hitters - they couldn't do any worse.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
**** signing bonds when we have this in our own backyard....we may miss him like we had a chance at Pujols

http://www.tbonesbaseball.com/tbones/roster/index.html?player_id=74

Hootie
06-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Agreed on guillen, but he is definetly starting to light things on fire in inept offense. I am just glad we didnt get Andruw, that is a royal bust, atleast Juan Gone hit 2 hrs with us

Oh, Guillen is on fire...he's the only guy on the team that has been worth a shit the last 6 weeks.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2008, 03:41 PM

I could, but it's more fun watching Hootie piss and moan about how unfairly his mancrush Barry is being treated. Those doody-headed meanies! How dare they! ROFL

Between that and his threat to boycott Cooperstown for accepting his HR ball with an asterisk branded on it...couldn't happen to a nicer douchebag. He's like a less likable Ty Cobb who happens to be black. :)

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 03:42 PM

Anyways, doesn't support the point that having him around would hurt our young hitters - they couldn't do any worse.

You're right, he's an angel. The best teammate in MLB history.

I'm sure all those people were lying for the book - just to make Barry look bad - yet Bonds hasn't sued a soul for defamation.

I'm done.

You, Hootie and BD can continue to glorify one of the biggest racists, liars and cheaters in the history of the game - and act like the rest of MLB does the same.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:43 PM

lockerroom cancer hurts young players. there.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
lockerroom cancer hurts young players. there.

Bonds was never kicked off his own team like Guillen was.

Fish
06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Bonds was never kicked off his own team like Guillen was.

No.... the Giants simply refused to resign him and removed every picture/portrait/trace of him from the stadium....

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
and i read something in an interview earlier this year with zack grienke where he insinuated that the pitching staff is a much more cohesive unit without a certain veteran around this year (he didn't name him specifically: but it was definitely either elarton or perez)

we need to keep those guys out of KC

lets all pray that moustakas and hosmer progress quickly. i fear guillen and meche will be long gone by then, though.

its a sick cycle

(oh. and i don't have a link to the grienke comment so don't ask)

Frazod
06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
No.... the Giants simply refused to resign him and removed every picture/portrait/trace of him from the stadium....

Did they really?

Valiant
06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah like someone said... theres that small matter of felony charges currently hanging over his head as well

Who gives a ****.. We need someone in there that will strike some more fear in pitchers.. Just stick him after Guillen and let him draw walks..

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Supposedly Elarton was well liked by the royals players...so i dont know who he can be talking about? Zack is a bit looney anyway, he probably was talking to a mirror

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Trade Zack for Matt Kemp....

Supposedly Kemp might be offered cause the dodgers want a SP....id do that deal, hell throw in Teahan and get HU too..

Fish
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Did they really?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3315212

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sfo) have now removed prominent tributes in the stadium to Barry Bonds (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3918), who has steroid allegations and perjury charges hanging over his head.

The left-field wall no longer bears an image of Bonds chasing Hank Aaron for the home run crown, nor elsewhere is the number of Bonds' home runs in relation to Aaron posted.
There are no "756" signs -- signifying the home run he hit to break Aaron's record -- anywhere in the park, in fact.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Supposedly Elarton was well liked by the royals players...so i dont know who he can be talking about? Zack is a bit looney anyway, he probably was talking to a mirror

haha... he's definitely my favorite royal. what an odd guy.

i don't think it was dotel either. most likely it was perez

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3315212

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sfo) have now removed prominent tributes in the stadium to Barry Bonds (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3918), who has steroid allegations and perjury charges hanging over his head.

The left-field wall no longer bears an image of Bonds chasing Hank Aaron for the home run crown, nor elsewhere is the number of Bonds' home runs in relation to Aaron posted.
There are no "756" signs -- signifying the home run he hit to break Aaron's record -- anywhere in the park, in fact.

And the ballpark doesn't have nearly as many fans either. Good thing they got rid of Barry, his home runs and his fans.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
And the ballpark doesn't have nearly as many fans either. Good thing they got rid of Barry, his home runs and his fans.

Definetly a big difference, good thing they signed that grinder Rowand

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Definetly a big difference, good thing they signed that grinder Rowand

LMAO There is still alot of Barry out there, probably half the jerseys. Gee I wonder if they care what the fans want? :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah, they're averaging a whopping 5K less per game than last year - and are still 11th in MLB right now. Top third.

I'm sure it's all because of Bonds, and has nothing to do with the fact that they are 7 games under .500.

Fish
06-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Glad you agree.... better off without those fools.....

Chief Chief
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Hell, wouldn't it be worth it if we brought in Bonds just so TP Junior and he could shoot each other in the buttocks?

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, they're averaging a whopping 5K less per game than last year - and are still 11th in MLB right now. Top third.

I'm sure it's all because of Bonds, and has nothing to do with the fact that they are 7 games under .500.

They blamed that on Barry. "People don't come out to see Barry, they come out to see a winning team" like Barry was part of the problem. The real problem in SF is they keep giving away great pitchers for nothing and bring in shitty pitchers and paying them a fortune. Believe what you want. If Barry was there tomorrow sales would pick up big time. Watching Barry hit was awesome.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
They blamed that on Barry. "People don't come out to see Barry, they come out to see a winning team" like Barry was part of the problem. The real problem in SF is they keep giving away great pitchers for nothing and bring in shitty pitchers and paying them a fortune. Believe what you want. If Barry was there tomorrow sales would pick up big time. Watching Barry hit was awesome.

They still can't sell out with Barry..........zito:evil:

BWillie
06-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Are you kidding me? I don't really like Barry Bonds, but when you can sign the best player to ever play the game for the veteran minimum you do it. Barry Bonds even in the last few years would still be the best offensive baseball player on our roster. He was still getting on base at an amazing rate, and hitting 25-30 homers. There has to be more to it. No way no team in the MLB wouldn't sign Bonds to a min contract. Either he wants alot more money than that and his agent is flat out lying, or there was some sort of behind the lines agreement from the owners to block anybody having Bonds.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Are you kidding me? I don't really like Barry Bonds, but when you can sign the best player to ever play the game for the veteran minimum you do it. Barry Bonds even in the last few years would still be the best offensive baseball player on our roster. He was still getting on base at an amazing rate, and hitting 25-30 homers. There has to be more to it. No way no team in the MLB wouldn't sign Bonds to a min contract. Either he wants alot more money than that and his agent is flat out lying, or there was some sort of behind the lines agreement from the owners to block anybody having Bonds.

COLLUSION Hope he sues their ass off.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm in the minority, but I like good players more than I like "nice" players. So many of the comments in this thread speak to Bonds' poor character, and I don't really care about this. He can swing the bat better than most players in the league, so it would certainly suck to have this caliber of player on a team I root for...

Chief Chief
06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
The pair of Barry Bonds and his ego would totally be the opposite of Trey Hillman's team philosophy that our young Royals need to learn and practice in the clubhouse and on the field.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 05:02 PM

Dear God, you're dense.

They are averaging 5K less than last year, and are STILL 11th in MLB in attendance, while fielding a shitty team WITHOUT Bonds.

Yeah, those 34K fans that show up every night are really sending a message...

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 05:03 PM
The pair of Barry Bonds and his ego would totally be the opposite of Trey Hillman's team philosophy that our young Royals need to learn and practice in the clubhouse and on the field.

Yea we wouldn't want to mess with the philosophy of champions.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Dayton totally agrees, and this is why he tried to trade for Milton Bradley last year. We need to stay away from "bad" guys who can lead the league in hitting at all costs.

little jacob
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
i am trying add up all of barry bonds' world series rings but my calculator is stuck on 0 for some reason.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
i am trying add up all of barry bonds' world series rings but my calculator is stuck on 0 for some reason.

Whoops.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Dear God, you're dense.

They are averaging 5K less than last year, and are STILL 11th in MLB in attendance, while fielding a shitty team WITHOUT Bonds.

Yeah, those 34K fans that show up every night are really sending a message...

LINK I don't buy it. If you're right I stand corrected. I know a lot of Giants fans, not nearly as much going this year.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 05:11 PM
LINK I don't buy it. If you're right I stand corrected. I know a lot of Giants fans, not nearly as much going this year.

Of course you don't buy it...

Here's 2008 - 11th in the league averaging 34,043 per home game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2008&seasonType=2

Here's 2007 - averaged 39,792 per home game.

Here's 2006 - averaged 38,645 per home game.

5K less per home game isn't sending a message...

little jacob
06-11-2008, 05:16 PM
a team losing at or around 90 games for 5 years might see some attendance slide i would guess. but that is probably just tickets sold and not how many actually show up

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Of course you don't buy it...

Here's 2008 - 11th in the league averaging 34,043 per home game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2008&seasonType=2

Here's 2007 - averaged 39,792 per home game.

Here's 2006 - averaged 38,645 per home game.

5K less per home game isn't sending a message...

Still a lot of coin. That ballpark would sell good if it had the Royals in it. Lot of Bonds fans here still.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Yea we wouldn't want to mess with the philosophy of champions.

you say that jokingly except he won the equivalent of the world series in japan just last year. and from what i've read, his team (the Ham Fighters), was not a traditional powerhouse in Japan.

he built them up and they beat bobby valentine's perennial powerhouse in the championship.

so give him time

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 05:23 PM
you say that jokingly except he won the equivalent of the world series in japan just last year. and from what i've read, his team (the Ham Fighters), was not a traditional powerhouse in Japan.

he built them up and they beat bobby valentine's perennial powerhouse in the championship.

so give him time

He might be a great manager, we'll find out. But unless he has magic pixie dust, he's not winning shit with Tony Pena at SS, Buck at C, and Teahen hitting in the middle of the order.

If he can, he'll have his own show on Food Network specializing in the art of chicken salad.

Oh, and I don't think he won it last year. His team lost in the championship series. They were out hit.

bsp4444
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Are you kidding me with this crap?! you want to divvy up $390,000 to bring in more of what we already have? Billy Butler is a better option at DH than Barry Bonds? These are rediculous statements. I will grant you the ball park dimensions. He may not be as good as he was last year, but he can be pretty bad and still be a star on this team.

bsp4444
06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm in the minority, but I like good players more than I like "nice" players. So many of the comments in this thread speak to Bonds' poor character, and I don't really care about this. He can swing the bat better than most players in the league, so it would certainly suck to have this caliber of player on a team I root for...

I agree with this . Do people remember who was on the Royals in their hay day? U.L. Washington and Willie Mays Aikens, convicted drug offenders.

DeezNutz

4. Yeah, walks suck. It's never good to have runners.
SF was terrible last year. He was getting pitched around because he was one of the only real threats the team had. This certainly wouldn't be the case in KC. Why pitch around Bonds? You'd have to suffer the wrath of Teahen, Buck, and Gathright.

5. 1B? Also, it's hard to DH from Omaha.

6. This approach has been successful for the past 15 years. Less than 400k gets a lot of high-quality players.

7. Wins suck. Never try to win. Our players need to get used to losing early and often.

SPATCH
He might be a great manager, we'll find out. But unless he has magic pixie dust, he's not winning shit with Tony Pena at SS, Buck at C, and Teahen hitting in the middle of the order.

If he can, he'll have his own show on Food Network specializing in the art of chicken salad.

Oh, and I don't think he won it last year. His team lost in the championship series. They were out hit.

no he won the whole thing

ROFL at chicken salad

Adept Havelock
06-11-2008, 05:32 PM

LMAO

little jacob
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
4. Yeah, walks suck. It's never good to have runners.
SF was terrible last year. He was getting pitched around because he was one of the only real threats the team had. This certainly wouldn't be the case in KC. Why pitch around Bonds? You'd have to suffer the wrath of Teahen, Buck, and Gathright.

5. 1B? Also, it's hard to DH from Omaha.

6. This approach has been successful for the past 15 years. Less than 400k gets a lot of high-quality players.

7. Wins suck. Never try to win. Our players need to get used to losing early and often.

the point was that he was not still the hitter he was being presented as in my opinion. obviously, he would help the lineup.

the point was simply that theres no point in someone with one year in the tank taking at bats away from players who need them to grow.

it will sign some minor leaguers you can take flyers on which are more value than bonds at age 44 or 45.

wins this year dont mean much for the royals unless you think they are going to make the playoffs. besides he didnt prevent the giants from losing a lot of games since 04 or whenever.

one thing i could see would be if this were april, to bring him in just so you could trade him at the deadline if he is healthy.

basically, what part of youth movement does he fit in to.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
no he won the whole thing

ROFL at chicken salad

The Ham Fighters won the league championship in 2006 and 2007, but they won the Japan series (their version of the World Series) only in 2006. Here's the info. from the always reliable Wikipedia:
League championships 1962, 1981, 2006, 2007
Japan Series championships 1962, 2006

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
the point was that he was not still the hitter he was being presented as in my opinion. obviously, he would help the lineup.

the point was simply that theres no point in someone with one year in the tank taking at bats away from players who need them to grow.

it will sign some minor leaguers you can take flyers on which are more value than bonds at age 44 or 45.

wins this year dont mean much for the royals unless you think they are going to make the playoffs. besides he didnt prevent the giants from losing a lot of games since 04 or whenever.

one thing i could see would be if this were april, to bring him in just so you could trade him at the deadline if he is healthy.

basically, what part of youth movement does he fit in to.

Doesn't fit into the youth movement at all, no doubt about it, and the Royals won't win anything this year. There is value for a young club, however, in learning how to win, and a better lineup would do much to help this.

400k isn't going to make a decent minor leaguer appear. Sorry, but this is a joke. 400k in Latin American on the other hand...

stlchiefs
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Bonds OPS last year (1.045) would be 7th in the entire majors this season...

and he can't get an offer for league minimum?

He's blacklisted. Almost unfairly, I might add...they have more crap on Miguel Tejada and he's making 15M a season...

Migual Tejwho? We're talking about a guy who stole the HR title, not some small beans cheater.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Migual Tejwho? We're talking about a guy who stole the HR title, not some small beans cheater.

No kidding.

What the hell has Tejada ever accomplished, cheating or not?

Mojo Rising
06-11-2008, 09:15 PM

Great reference. I heard the author interviewed on the Rome show. Bonds is really that bad.