PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV I just watched a warped little film

Nzoner
06-11-2008, 10:34 PM
from the director of The Exorcist called Bug,it stars Ashley Judd and is a trip into a world of paranoia.The acting is excellent,especially the last 15 minutes.Don't expect a gore fest though,just a true mind warping trip.

Here's a link if anyone's interested (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470705/)

Smoke
06-11-2008, 11:27 PM
The acting in Bug was good, yet the movie lacked. Try Funny Games, just watched it and was impressed with the camera play and story line. It's kind of a anti-horror horror film. Lets your mind fill in some off camera parts.

oaklandhater
06-11-2008, 11:43 PM
could not hate funny Games more easily one of the worst movies ive ever ever ever ever seen.

Literally ppl were geting up in droves at the remote scen for any one who has seen that steaming pile of shit.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 07:01 AM
I saw Bug months ago and was NOT impressed at all. I do think it was good acting but utterly ridiculis. I agree with the last 15 min as well.

I guess I was expecting more going into it. 2.5/5 stars for me.

Rausch
06-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I saw Bug months ago and was NOT impressed at all. I do think it was good acting but utterly ridiculis. I agree with the last 15 min as well.

I guess I was expecting more going into it. 2.5/5 stars for me.

Ditto.

I got it on Netflix and still felt ripped off...

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Anyone going to check out the latest from M Night Shamalamadingdong this weekend? "The Happening"

Rausch
06-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Anyone going to check out the latest from M Night Shamalamadingdong this weekend? "The Happening"

Nzoner
06-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Ditto.

This is why I didn't say the movie was excellent,in fact very far from it,but the acting is what kept me hanging on.The characters descent into full blown paranoia was quite convincing.

Rausch
06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
This is why I didn't say the movie was excellent,in fact very far from it,but the acting is what kept me hanging on.The characters descent into full blown paranoia was quite convincing.

Nah, acting was good. No argument there.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Ditto.

Like wise! Netflix rocks!

Stryker
06-12-2008, 08:08 AM

Since she was a loaner she was extremely vulnerable and that transition was what kept me watching. So the acting was very well done but when I had seen the commercials for it I was expecting something a little more on the horror side I guess.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 08:10 AM

You betcha! The movie looks like it is going to be awesome.

Fire Me Boy!
06-12-2008, 08:36 AM

Definitely a CHEAP rental for me. Shyamalan hasn't done anything worth watching since Unbreakable. And I've said it before and reiterate here... Signs was ****ing gawd-awful. The only movie I can remember that gets worse the more I think about. Generally, I find a few positives. Not Signs. That movies was ****ing horrible.

Nzoner
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Definitely a CHEAP rental for me. Shyamalan hasn't done anything worth watching since Unbreakable. And I've said it before and reiterate here... Signs was ****ing gawd-awful. The only movie I can remember that gets worse the more I think about. Generally, I find a few positives. Not Signs. That movies was ****ing horrible.

I agree on Signs,however,I did like The Village

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 08:40 AM

I actually liked Signs. I do think he is becoming quite repetative. Hes a master at setting up these great ideas and mood for about the first 30-miuntes to an hour. Then it usually falls apart the last hour or so.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 08:42 AM

The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable were great. I thought the concept of The Village was even good. I agree with you on Signs - CRAP!

Hopefully, The Happening will be one of his better movies.

Fire Me Boy!
06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I agree on Signs,however,I did like The Village

Village was a step up, but still nowhere near as good as Sixth Sense or Unbreakable.

irishjayhawk
06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Village was a step up, but still nowhere near as good as Sixth Sense or Unbreakable.

Gotta disagree. I'll take Signs over the Villiage any day. Of course, I do have to take it down a bit for Mel Gibson.

Anyway, from what I heard, first reports had the movie sucking in an epic way.

So, it's Hulk for me. Reason being: Ed Norton and M Night has proven nothing since Unbreakable, as FMB said.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
So, it's Hulk for me. Reason being: Ed Norton and M Night has proven nothing since Unbreakable, as FMB said.

Hulk is getting surprisingly decent reviews...

But there are rumours out there that they cut 70 minutes out of it to speed up the pace.

Undoubtably, there will be a special edition DVD in the fall sometime.

gblowfish
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
from the director of The Exorcist called Bug,it stars Ashley Judd and is a trip into a world of paranoia.The acting is excellent,especially the last 15 minutes.Don't expect a gore fest though,just a true mind warping trip.

I feel the same way watching the Royals the last couple nights.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Hulk is getting surprisingly decent reviews...

But there are rumours out there that they cut 70 minutes out of it to speed up the pace.

Undoubtably, there will be a special edition DVD in the fall sometime.

Hmm, I'd love to see all of it when or if it's released. But it shouldn't be surprising that it's getting decent reviews.