PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Hulk Smash

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
In a nutshell:

Hulk: it's like the first one didn't happen. And Iron Man tributes to boot. Simply solid. Iron Man still the one to beat.

FTR, I knew there were going to be IM tie ins. I also knew another comic tie in but must have missed it.

FAX
06-13-2008, 02:57 PM
So good? Bad?

FAX

Sure-Oz
06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Sounds like he liked it...well i will go see that pretending hulk 1 never happend, considering this as like a "batman begins" thing

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Let me guess....

Hulk does some smashing in this?

tomahawk kid
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Supposedly at the end (in the original cut), Banner takes a trek into the arctic to commit suicide.

On his way to do so, he stumbles upon a frozen Captain America.

From what I've read, the whole possible suicide angle was deemed too dark by the producers and edited out of the final version now in theatres.

Also heard that Nick Fury (played by Samuel L Jackson) makes an appearance at the end of IM.

Is that true?

Brock
06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Supposedly at the end (in the original cut), Banner takes a trek into the arctic to commit suicide.

From what I've read, the whole possible suicide angle was deemed too dark by the producers and edited out of the final version now in theatres.

Also heard that Nick Fury (played by Samuel L Jackson) makes an appearance at the end of IM.

Is that true?

It's after the credits. I would have missed it if I hadn't forgotten my sunglasses.

kc rush
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Is that true?

It sounds like they are putting things together for an Avengers movie.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM
So any Hulk Dogs in this? ROFL

Sure-Oz
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM

ROFL

bowener
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
In a nutshell:

Hulk: it's like the first one didn't happen. And Iron Man tributes to boot. Simply solid. Iron Man still the one to beat.

FTR, I knew there were going to be IM tie ins. I also knew another comic tie in but must have missed it.

Does this mean a future conjoining of the 2 movies?? Norton and Downey Jr on screen could be pretty sweet.

I am ready for IM2 so we can see war machine kick some asses.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 03:51 PM

I'm going to see it at 6:45 and will spill all sometime shortly after that. I'm expecting an Iron Man class of Comix flick.

Some quick reviews under the critics section. So far gets a B- average on Yahoo's page (A-F scale.)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808495230/critic

FAX
06-13-2008, 03:52 PM
All I've heard is that they are definitely planning an Avengers movie. That's the whole idea. I still worry about the casting of Thor, though.

FAX

Rausch
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Does this mean a future conjoining of the 2 movies?? Norton and Downey Jr on screen could be pretty sweet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184166

veist
06-13-2008, 03:57 PM
They are planning a Thor movie, an Ant-Man movie and a Cap movie before Avengers. Supposedly the Cap movie is going to be his origin story as well so set in WWII ending with him getting frozen and then Avengers picks up with Stark digging him out of the ice. Anyway I also saw it last night, its a good flick.

Valiant
06-13-2008, 04:10 PM
It sounds like they are putting things together for an Avengers movie.

There will be one of these in each of the Avengers characters movies.. Will be one in Thor also..

The hulk movie was decent.. Not great by any means.. 100x better then the first one..

It could have been better, I have been reading that Norton and the director have not been doing any promotions for it because they are pissed on how it turned out with Marvel cutting so much out of the movies darkness.. I guess from the way they are describing they inhibited Norton's acting in the movie and the only reason why he did it was because they were going to allow him to act darker.. Which they cut out in the end..

Better then Spiderman 3 easily for comparison..

Valiant
06-13-2008, 04:12 PM

I am ready for IM2 so we can see war machine kick some asses.

They will make the Thor movie..

Then they will make the Avengers: Captain America initiative movie..

Then they will make the Avengers movie with all the heroes in it..

Valiant
06-13-2008, 04:13 PM
They are planning a Thor movie, an Ant-Man movie and a Cap movie before Avengers. Supposedly the Cap movie is going to be his origin story as well so set in WWII ending with him getting frozen and then Avengers picks up with Stark digging him out of the ice. Anyway I also saw it last night, its a good flick.

I wish they would not.. Antman is a lame ass character.. Just have him join during the Avengers movie and kill him off in the first ten minutes..

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Ive never really been a fan of Thor. Seems like a very cheesy character to be able to pull off in a mainstream movie.

FAX
06-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Thor will be extremely difficult to pull off. The god experiencing Earth in mortal form is a nice concept to work with, though. The writers could explore his internal conflict in making decisions or taking actions that affect the lives of those around him. It has potential.

Casting Thor will be really hard, though. I hope they don't go with some cheesy bodybuilder in a wig. As for Antman, somebody needs to step on that idea.

FAX

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:32 PM
As for Antman, somebody needs to step on that idea.

FAX

Lame character that totally depends on the actor. 10 years ago Bruce Campbell would have been nice. It's hard to walk that "cheesy, yet enjoyable" line...

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, Fax, I liked it. It wasn't as good as Iron Man but a solid movie thus far. I'm beginning to think that Marvel (now that they've separated from the studio system, per se) is the live-action Pixar. Solid movies with some being better than others but nothing horrible.

Of course, Hulk and Spidey 3 were before Marvel became their own entity, so I don't count them.

luv
06-13-2008, 04:35 PM
My six year old nephew wants my brother to take him to see this movie. Yes or no?

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
My six year old nephew wants my brother to take him to see this movie. Yes or no?

Depends. There were people about that age there to see it in my showing.

Personally, I'd take him but I know some parents who wouldn't.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, Fax, I liked it. It wasn't as good as Iron Man but a solid movie thus far. I'm beginning to think that Marvel (now that they've separated from the studio system, per se) is the live-action Pixar. Solid movies with some being better than others but nothing horrible.

Of course, Hulk and Spidey 3 were before Marvel became their own entity, so I don't count them.

DC isnt doing to bad of a job either. The Dark Knight is rumoured to be a "masterpiece". BTW, its confirmed running time is now 2 hours 32 minutes. Epic.

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2008, 04:37 PM
. As for Antman, somebody needs to step on that idea.

FAX

Giant Man wouldn't work either, too lame to have an Oliver's travels sized character.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:38 PM

PG-13, so that's up to you.

Considering it is a Marvel flick I doubt you'll see any sex or skin. Probably due to light blood or language...

irishjayhawk
DC isnt doing to bad of a job either. The Dark Knight is rumoured to be a "masterpiece". BTW, its confirmed running time is now 2 hours 32 minutes. Epic.

I was hoping for 3 hours, honestly. Here's to an EE?

What, other than Batman, has DC really succeeded at?

irishjayhawk

Considering it is a Marvel flick I doubt you'll see any sex or skin. Probably due to light blood or language...

Close. With adult humor.

luv
06-13-2008, 04:40 PM

My brother and SIL keep trying to tell him it's not the same as the cartoon. He keeps insisting. Movies are expensive, or I would suggest taking him and walking out when it gets to be too much for him.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Giant Man wouldn't work either, too lame to have an Oliver's travels sized character.

Someone like Hawkeye would be easy to pull off. He's just super accurate, though still lame.

You could throw Beast in there. He's an avenger and already introduced in the X-Men movies. Besides, it's not like Kelsey Grammer has anything else to do...:evil:

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 04:41 PM

Depends on how you look at Superman Returns. :)

FAX
06-13-2008, 04:43 PM
What about Namor? At one point, I heard that they were considering a movie about him.

You can't have enough royal fishman movies.

FAX

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:43 PM

I'd say Superman was solid. Not a huge hit but an overall good movie, and this is from a guy that hates the Superman character...

Fire Me Boy!
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Thor will be extremely difficult to pull off. The god experiencing Earth in mortal form is a nice concept to work with, though. The writers could explore his internal conflict in making decisions or taking actions that affect the lives of those around him. It has potential.

Casting Thor will be really hard, though. I hope they don't go with some cheesy bodybuilder in a wig. As for Antman, somebody needs to step on that idea.

FAX

KEEP ****IN' DOUBTING DOLPH LUNDGREN!!!

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
What about Namor? At one point, I heard that they were considering a movie about him.

You can't have enough royal fishman movies.

FAX

I'd like to see a Black Panther flick. Wouldn't rely on a huge CGI budget and it can be actor/story driven. Hard to cast though.

Spiderman was an avenger as well, even if not one of the originals...

FAX
06-13-2008, 04:47 PM

Very little. And there's not much to work with, really. Flash is just fast. Wonder Woman is basically a dyke with a rope. Maybe they can do something with Green Lantern? He was kind of interesting.

FAX

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Very little. And there's not much to work with, really. Flash is just fast. Wonder Woman is basically a dyke with a rope. Maybe they can do something with Green Lantern? He was kind of interesting.

FAX

The rise and fall of Hal Jordan would be cool...

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see a Black Panther flick. Wouldn't rely on a huge CGI budget and it can be actor/story driven. Hard to cast though.

It is since Marvel was negotiating with Wesley Snipes for the role

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 04:52 PM

FAX

Keep doubtin Dick Grayson!

Rausch
06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
It is since Marvel was negotiating with Wesley Snipes for the role

Yeah, he really needs to "Downey Jr." his career as well...

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I actually liked Singer's Superman Returns. However, I don't think that franchise has near the base that Marvel does. DC really only has Batman going for it.

And their Justice League film will fail before it starts.

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Seriously, are comic book movies the only genre most people care about anymore? I was slightly into comic books as a young kid, but I'm an adult now and don't get the fascination with watching every new movie Hollywood can shit out based on a comic book character. There is zero originality involved and the whole concept is completely played out at this point.

So why do you guys continue to go see movies based on comic books? Were you a huge comic book fan as a kid, are you just into movies so much that you'll see about anything, or is it something else?

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Seriously, are comic book movies the only genre most people care about anymore? I was slightly into comic books as a young kid, but I'm an adult now and don't get the fascination with watching every new movie Hollywood can shit out based on a comic book character. There is zero originality involved and the whole concept is completely played out at this point.

So why do you guys continue to go see movies based on comic books? Were you a huge comic book fan as a kid, are you just into movies so much that you'll see about anything, or is it something else?

I don't think it's the only genre people care about. But when they're damn good movies, I don't think anybody complains.

And I don't really understand the "zero originality". Basically, I don't understand you're entire rant.

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think it's the only genre people care about. But when they're damn good movies, I don't think anybody complains.

And I don't really understand the "zero originality". Basically, I don't understand you're entire rant.

I don't see what's hard to understand. The entire genre is based on old characters. It's not a new idea or concept, the studios are just rehashing material. You don't see how that's dissimilar to new movies with original characters?

Brock
06-13-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't see what's hard to understand. The entire genre is based on old characters. It's not a new idea or concept, the studios are just rehashing material. You don't see how that's dissimilar to new movies with original characters?

What was the last original idea you saw in a movie?

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 06:57 PM

Umm no. It's new if it's not a sequel as far as I'm concerned.

Both are their own worlds (Comics and Films).

On an related note, the trailer for Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Annas looks tremendous. He might get an Oscar nod if the film is as good as the trailer was.

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Hmmm....I guess the last movie I saw in the theatres was Juno. Movies with original characters that I enjoyed include (just perusing my collection....) The Departed, Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, Royal Tenenbaums, and Swingers.

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Umm no. It's new if it's not a sequel as far as I'm concerned.

Both are their own worlds (Comics and Films).

Weird. So basically you don't care if the movie includes new characters or not? I just don't see the appeal in comic book movies unless you were a huge fan of that comic book hero. I feel the same way about movies based on old tv shows. Do you like those as well?

I'm not trying to flame, just want to see why others are so excited for these movies and I'm not. Apparently I'm in the minority as most of them seem to do pretty well at the box office.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Hmmm....I guess the last movie I saw in the theatres was Juno. Movies with original characters that I enjoyed include (just perusing my collection....) The Departed, Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, Royal Tenenbaums, and Swingers.

That was an adaptation and by your definition unoriginal.

And, yes, I think you're in the minority.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Weird. So basically you don't care if the movie includes new characters or not? I just don't see the appeal in comic book movies unless you were a huge fan of that comic book hero. I feel the same way about movies based on old tv shows. Do you like those as well?

I'm not trying to flame, just want to see why others are so excited for these movies and I'm not. Apparently I'm in the minority as most of them seem to do pretty well at the box office.

I might add that if you aren't a fan of the comic books than it is pretty original to you. Right?

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2008, 07:04 PM
On an related note, the trailer for Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Annas looks tremendous. He might get an Oscar nod if the film is as good as the trailer was.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB7OTtNZvFg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB7OTtNZvFg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Vincent Chase and Medellin

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 07:07 PM
That was an adaptation and by your definition unoriginal.

And, yes, I think you're in the minority.

Comic books heroes are well-known to just about everyone in this country. The Departed was an adaptation of an Asian movie that basically no one in this country had seen before. I'm not saying any completely unoriginal movies are crap, because just about every movie is based on something from the past. But comic book movies are just so damn bland and unoriginal.

"Hey, The Punisher was a cool comic book - let's turn it into a movie!"

Seriously, where does it end?

Brock
06-13-2008, 07:07 PM

It's a relatively new phenomenon. I suppose it's only recently that movies were able to convey adequately the characters and their abilities. I am a former comic book geek, so I guess that's my motivation to see these movies, although I will usually only go if people tell me the movie is good.

tomahawk kid
06-13-2008, 07:08 PM
It's after the credits. I would have missed it if I hadn't forgotten my sunglasses.

What exactly do they show?

I was a big Cap fan (along with Batman) as a kid.

Looking forward to the live action movie.

eazyb81
06-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I might add that if you aren't a fan of the comic books than it is pretty original to you. Right?

As I said in my original post, I enjoyed comics as a kid, so these characters are not new to me.

Brock
06-13-2008, 07:11 PM
What exactly do they show?

I was a big Cap fan (along with Batman) as a kid.

Looking forward to the live action movie.

Just Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury appearing at Tony Stark's house and saying something about an "Avenger Initiative" or something like that. I haven't seen the Hulk yet, which I think is where Cap shows up at some point.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Comic books heroes are well-known to just about everyone in this country. The Departed was an adaptation of an Asian movie that basically no one in this country had seen before. I'm not saying any completely unoriginal movies are crap, because just about every movie is based on something from the past. But comic book movies are just so damn bland and unoriginal.

"Hey, The Punisher was a cool comic book - let's turn it into a movie!"

Seriously, where does it end?

Likewise, many of today's teens didn't grow up on comic books. I'd say a vast majority. So, the fanboys get their comics brought to life and the mass market of people who didn't read but know of the comics existence are satisfied with a new world and good film.

I don't see how that's so hard to see.

As I said in my original post, I enjoyed comics as a kid, so these characters are not new to me.

Well, you've obviously hit the nail on the head. So I don't see how you think this same mentality applies to everyone else.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Just Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury appearing at Tony Stark's house and saying something about an "Avenger Initiative" or something like that. I haven't seen the Hulk yet, which I think is where Cap shows up at some point.

That's the one I apparently missed. I caught all the IM references.

tomahawk kid
06-13-2008, 07:17 PM

What the hell happened there?

I remember stopping on Cartoon Network one day and seeing an obviously different (black) Green Lantern.

I wasn't a fan on the character at all as a kid, so I'm totally in the dark here....

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
That's the one I apparently missed. I caught all the IM references.It didn't make the final cut.

The Real Story Behind Captain America in The Incredible Hulk

by Alex Billington

If you're a Marvel fan at all, you've probably heard the buzz going around about the appearance of Captain America in The Incredible Hulk. Let's just cut to the chase - Cap is in it, but it hasn't been confirmed. Why? Because the scene was cut from the film and can't be found in theatrical prints. However, Louis Leterrier says that not only will it end up on the DVD, but that it might show up online within the next few weeks. I think Marvel finally understands how important crossovers are and by implementing them, they'll be the first studio to really push the boundaries of filmmaking. Mark my words, by the time we get to The Avengers in 2011, Marvel will be one of the most powerful cinematic enterprises on this planet.

So here's the full story. Collider recently interviewed director Louis Leterrier and spoke with him about both the Tony Stark crossover and Captain America crossover. He first explains how hard it was to convince Kevin Feige. "I begged Kevin Feige, the President of Marvel, when I knew that Robert got cast. I was like, we have to do crossovers. Crossovers—it's the future of movie making. Now that you have this, I was the one to beg them to do crossovers and then they said Robert is going to be tough to convince… So eventually I got to talk to Robert and we liked each other and he said, 'okay I'll come for a… I've got 5 hours that day.'"

As for Captain America's apperance, Leterrier promises it's in the film. "It's an Easter egg. It's not like oh, it's Captain America and it changes everything. It's still a Hulk movie, but it's really Captain America and it's there, you'll see. It's the real deal. You have to look for it." But instead of leaving it at that and sending everyone off on their own to search for it, we're going to tell you exactly where it is. And that's because unfortunately the scene, which actually sounds interesting, was entirely cut from the final print. In a separate interview with Judão, Leterrier explains where he actually shows up.

"There's a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else's considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we've cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America! At some point this week, we will make it available on the internet – but I cannot tell you where or when – and the material will definitely be on the DVD."

You have all probably noticed the scene in some of the trailers, specifically this one. There is a brief moment where you can see Bruce Banner walking through some snowy mountains - that's up in the Arctic Circle. In the cut of the film that I saw on Monday night, that scene showed up very briefly in the opening credits montage. As Leterrier just mentioned, it was cut from the film. But now we know where it is and that Cap is truly in there. Hell, I'm probably more excited to see that scene for the first time than I am to see Hulk again. Plus, everyone knows that the Tony Stark scene is in there, too - you'll see that for sure!

Not only is this a dream come true for every last comic book geek, but as Leterrier said himself, crossovers are the future of filmmaking. Once you realize that Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America will all feature mentions of each other because they're all within the same universe and they're all set to converge in The Avengers, your blood will be pumping. This definitely is a new revolution in filmmaking and I'm so glad to finally see Marvel's central universe be applied to movies as well. If you really want to see big this all is, go and watch Hulk this weekend and tell me if the cheers when Tony Stark shows up at the end are the loudest in the whole movie. I guarantee you they will be.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/11/the-real-story-behind-captain-america-in-the-incredible-hulk/

Valiant
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM

Hals the white GL correct???

I like the black guy on the Justice League show.. The stuff they did with his character and the voices made him an awesome character.. Of course no idea if that is how he is in the real comics..

Valiant
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Movies in general are about you forgetting things around you and joining some fantasy(fake) world for a couple hours.. This is what Comics are all about.. So the two mesh perfectly.. People that scoff at these for the sheer fact that they are from comics are prissy snobs..

By your definition there is no original movies out there being made since it has already been done before..

Valiant
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM

??? So take an old character and make it completely different?? Who wants to go see a Superman movie where Damon Waynes plays Supe without powers.. Awesome idea, lets totally corrupt and crush the comicbook histories..

Are you one of the types that thought we should reinvent history to make it more PC??

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Movies in general are about you forgetting things around you and joining some fantasy(fake) world for a couple hours.. This is what Comics are all about.. So the two mesh perfectly.. People that scoff at these for the sheer fact that they are from comics are prissy snobs..

By your definition there is no original movies out there being made since it has already been done before..Agreed.

The fact is, lots of old school comic geeks are in their 30's-40's now, and they have the money, the influence, and the technology to make the movies they always wished they could see.

This summer's started with a bang. I loved Iron Man... even though I didn't follow the character as a kid. I'm pretty excited to see Hulk... and can't wait for The Dark Knight. Comic movies are alright by me. This year seems to be an exceptional one for the genre, though.

Valiant
06-13-2008, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=eazyb81;4793173]Hmmm....I guess the last movie I saw in the theatres was Juno. Movies with original characters that I enjoyed include (just perusing my collection....)

The Departed,------adaption movie, not original.. Quinton esqe..
Anchorman,------- Copy of a 80's tv show...
40 Year Old Virgin,------ Older man version of freaks and geeks..
Royal Tenenbaums,------ Wow another rehash owen wilson film that was annoying...
and Swingers.------Insert any 80's guys movie and translate it to the 90's..

Awesome.. As for Juno there were tons of young girl gets pregnant comedies.. Just because you did not see them does not make Juno original..

el borracho
06-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Ugh! Crossovers. That was the reason I stopped collecting comic books. I just didn't want to buy 10 books a month to follow one story. In a detached way I guess I admire the marketing genius of it but as a teen I found it manipulative and offensive.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
It's a relatively new phenomenon. I suppose it's only recently that movies were able to convey adequately the characters and their abilities. I am a former comic book geek, so I guess that's my motivation to see these movies, although I will usually only go if people tell me the movie is good.

You're clearly not a Hulk fan but I think you'd like the movie. Not liking the character I'd recomend a rent/netflix type of deal, but definitely watch it.

First the negatives:

1) Now I see why Liv was cast as Betty. In this flick Betty is pretty much the cut-out comic book woman. Adds nothing to the flick outside of Hulk's motivation to kick it up a notch when he's losing the battle. She hugs, she cries, she calms Bruce down, she's in trouble and in need of savior, etc. Like an onlie early screener said "She doesn't talk, she whispers all of her lines."

2) For some reason they completely cut out the Doc Sampson stuff. I was 5 minutes late but from what I saw him and Bruce never even talked in the movie. What footage you see in the commercials with Bruce and the shrink aren't even in the film. I don't have any inside info but the online rumor is that Norton was pushing for a darker flick and Marvel cut a lot out. You can tell where some cuts were made and where it could have easily gone darker. Ang Lee's Hulk went out of his way to avoid killing soldiers and those attacking him. This Hulk does not. When he's angry, he's angry.

The Good:

1) The CGI. Yes, the Hulk is CGI. But you can tell they didn't want to run into the same problems the last film had. Watch closely when the Hulk and Betty are in the cave. You see her sitting next to the Hulk's arm and it looks very realistic. I thought it was much better than the last two Spiderman flicks.

2) Humor. Not much, but what was there was pretty good.

3) They took the time to honor ol' Lou in the film as well. Not just a goofy cameo but a tribute to what he did with the character. Short, but you get the point.

4) The fight scenes were good. None of them are boring or drag on like Ebert claimed. I'd say there were 4 fight scenes and each one was a little longer than the one before it. The time seems to be split about even between Norton and Hulk.

5) Norton definitely brought something to the film Bana couldn't. This Bruce is smart, cunning, and a much deeper character. Norton is very good at conveying emotion in subtle ways that add to scenes.

6) The comix cliches are in there but only when deserved and they're well done.

7) This Hulk is truly an engine of rage. During the final fight scene the Hulk gets the Abomination down and pounds him repeatedly and without mercy. There were people saying "Damn!...Yeah!...Whoah..." Etc. This is the Hulk fans of the character wanted to see. Hulk didn't kill Blonsky there but it was clear that he was trying to.

8) Hurt and Roth both do a good job. Once Roth's character has the opportunity to gain power he becomes more corrupt as the movie progresses.

9) Was this film done as good as Iron Man? Yes. But where Iron man was more comedy than action this film is the opposite. The film is action driven with bits of comedy, drama, etc. sammiched in. If you like it as much or not is up to you but it's of the same quality IMO.

[It says PG-13 but I can't think of any moments that earned it (outside of the brutality the Hulk shows in the final action sequence.) No nudity or sex. When Bruce tries to make out with Betty he can't because his pulse rate starts climbing.

If Iron man and the first Batman are "A" grades for comic book movies I'd give this a B or B+. Leaps and bounds better than the first Hulk. "Don't make me Ang Lee, you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee..."]

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Ugh! Crossovers. That was the reason I stopped collecting comic books. I just didn't want to buy 10 books a month to follow one story. In a detached way I guess I admire the marketing genius of it but as a teen I found it manipulative and offensive.I think it works better in movies. For one, there aren't nearly as many movies to keep up with.

It'll be more of a cool "easter egg" here and there, until the eventual Avengers movie.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
I think it works better in movies. For one, there aren't nearly as many movies to keep up with.

It'll be more of a cool "easter egg" here and there, until the eventual Avengers movie.

There are at least three characters that they allude to in the film. Iron man shows up at the end, the origin of Cap is alluded to, and a new Hulk villian is "created." All of these scenes only take seconds and add to the idea that the marvel flims are all connected without taking away from this one.

keg in kc
06-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't have any inside info but the online rumor is that Norton was pushing for a darker flick and Marvel cut a lot out.As I understand it, his cut was rumored to be around 3 hours long, and Marvel's decision to abbreviate it was apparently the source of the rumour about "problems" between them a few months back.

Hoping to see it tomorrow or sunday.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 09:21 PM
As I understand it, his cut was rumored to be around 3 hours long, and Marvel's decision to abbreviate it was apparently the source of the rumour about "problems" between them a few months back.

Hoping to see it tomorrow or sunday.

On the HBO special the frog director commented that all the cut scenes will be included on the DVD release. They won't be in the movie, there will be no director's cut, but everything cut will be there in the extras.

Which is cool I think. If you enjoy the movie as much as I did you won't feel obligated to buy a new cut or release every 2-3 years...

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 09:23 PM
On the HBO special the frog director commented that all the cut scenes will be included on the DVD release. They won't be in the movie, there will be no director's cut, but everything cut will be there in the extras.

Which is cool I think. If you enjoy the movie as much as I did you won't feel obligated to buy a new cut or release every 2-3 years...You mean, as in a deleted scenes section?

If so, I'd much rather have a director's cut.

keg in kc
06-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I just hope, if it is a success, Marvel doesn't get too full of themselves. They're already acting weird with Favs about Iron Man 2 (which could also screw up Avengers, which he wants to do).

keg in kc
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
You mean, as in a deleted scenes section?

If so, I'd much rather have a director's cut.Yeah, what I've read is that the scenes will be included one the DVD, but there will not be any actually director's cut. Just deleted scenes.

(Watch there be a director's cut in 2 years, Lucas-style...)

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I just hope, if it is a success, Marvel doesn't get too full of themselves. They're already acting weird with Favs about Iron Man 2 (which could also screw up Avengers, which he wants to do).Exactly. They'd better kiss and make up. Get his ass on board for Iron Man 2.

If it aint broke...

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Deleted scenes are nice to have... but it sucks not to see them in the context they were intended. I'd much rather see the movie as it was, before it was chopped up.

Getting the scraps later just isn't the same.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Deleted scenes are nice to have... but it sucks not to see them in the context they were intended. I'd much rather see the movie as it was, before it was chopped up.

Getting the scraps later just isn't the same.

Agreed. The way the T2 DVD worked was awesome. Best extras/cuts and how they work that I've seen yet.

But I also don't want to buy 5 frigggen DVD's (Like Blade Runner) just to get the "final" version.

el borracho
06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I think it works better in movies. For one, there aren't nearly as many movies to keep up with.

yes, that is probably true. Even if they somehow put out 3 related movies in a year (not likely) that still wouldn't really be excessive or too expensive to follow. I just remember being a fan of the X-Men series and they just kept expanding outward until there were like 5 or 6 related books each month and none of them made sense as a stand alone work.

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
yes, that is probably true. Even if they somehow put out 3 related movies in a year (not likely) that still wouldn't really be excessive or too expensive to follow. I just remember being a fan of the X-Men series and they just kept expanding outward until there were like 5 or 6 related books each month and none of them made sense as a stand alone work.Yeah, and you're right... that sucked.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
But I also don't want to buy 5 frigggen DVD's (Like Blade Runner) just to get the "final" version.

Alot of that is just marketing gimmicks. Lucas is the Master of that sort of nonsense.

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 11:04 PM
I just got back from it. Good movie....shit tons better than the first.

The ending was ****ing terrible though....that is until the very last few seconds.

Rausch
06-13-2008, 11:09 PM

The ending was ****ing terrible though....that is until the very last few seconds.

I liked the ending. We'll have to wait until more people see it to argue that point.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2008, 11:44 PM

Why?

It ends nicely.

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Why?

It ends nicely.

The end battle was awesome, and one has more connection with the banner character too

Jawshco
06-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mention this or not, but there is nothing to see after or during the credits. Everything in the movie is, well... in the movie, including the scene with Tony Stark. However, Nick Fury and Captian America do not appear at all. Cap may be in the deleted scenes, but I haven't heard anything of Nick Fury in this movie at all.

Now...that being said, everyone should know by now that Nick Fury does appear in the Iron Man film after the credits. Probably old news to most folks, but I thought I'd say it just in case- for clarity's sake.

I really liked the Incredible Hulk. I thought the ending was great, but you can tell this is a heavily cut/edited movie. The audience I was with was very loud and even applauded at times. The cameo of Stan Lee getting infected with the gamma got big laughs, as did the brief Bill Bixby thing at the beginning. It was a fun action film with the way it was cut. I was never bored and I expect it has the repeated watchability on par with the Transformers movie. It is not as good as Iron Man, but it's close.

SPOILER!!!! *****

My favorite scene was when Abomination asks, "Any last words?" and Hulk responds with- "HULK SMASH!!" and proceeds to do just that with Abomination's head.

:thumb:

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I haven't heard anything of Nick Fury in this movie at all.

he was filed in the reports in the beginning concerning tracking Bruce

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2008, 01:03 AM
http://joblo.com/hounsou-is-panther

Concerning Black Panther, Djimon Hounsou is slated to play the part

CoMoChief
06-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Why?

It ends nicely.

Because Hulk was choking the bad guy (I forget his name) out and then Ross shouted to stop.

After that it didn't explain shit on what happened to the bad guy. He just laid there and then it cut to the next scene. Whatever happened to him?

Fire Me Boy!
06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Because Hulk was choking the bad guy (I forget his name) out and then Ross shouted to stop.

After that it didn't explain shit on what happened to the bad guy. He just laid there and then it cut to the next scene. Whatever happened to him?
Spoiler tags!

Deberg_1990
06-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Anyone miss Ang Lee? ROFL

irishjayhawk
06-14-2008, 09:30 AM

I got the impression from the General's look of disgust at him that he would dispose of him. I don't think it needs to be said what happened to him. He was the sideshow. The general is the real bad guy here.

Anyone miss Ang Lee? ROFL

Nope. :)

Rausch
06-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I got the impression from the General's look of disgust at him that he would dispose of him. I don't think it needs to be said what happened to him. He was the sideshow. The general is the real bad guy here.

Nope. :)

A good bit of the actors are already signed on for 3 movies and Norton and the director have stated they'd like to do 3. They know where they want to take IH2 but have to wait and see on what the numbers are...

CoMoChief
06-14-2008, 12:53 PM
They didn't explain shit at the end. All it did was cut to the next and final scene of the movie...................Gay!

Rausch
06-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Update: $20 million in 1 day. Not bad, but the 1st Hulk topped that and then went tits up.

This is by far a much better flick but the stench from the Lee film might be a bit too much to overcome so soon...

Hootie
06-15-2008, 10:01 AM

with today's technology...they can finally make these movies...they couldn't make these films, at least realistically...even 10 years ago.

CoMoChief
06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
with today's technology...they can finally make these movies...they couldn't make these films, at least realistically...even 10 years ago.

Hell they couldn't make Hulk in 2003.

He looked like a giant green box.

Rausch
06-17-2008, 03:43 AM
It's clear that Hulk will not smash, but he throws a stiff jab.

There was a chance The Incredible Hulk and The Happening would open with nearly identical weekends of around $50 million each. However, the box office potential of the two films has diverged lately with The Incredible Hulk going up a little and The Happening going way down. Combined, they should still top last year's group of new releases, and perhaps even help close the gap on the year-to-date race.

http://www.the-numbers.com/charts/thisweek.php

Not great news for comix fans pulling for old green genes but since word of mouth is actually good this time it should sustain solid numbers. Even better is the weak competition this weekend.

keg in kc
06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Finally saw it. I think Marvel's 2 for 2 this summer, although there were some things I didn't like:

It went flat at the end for me.
The comedy beats all missed.

Otherwise, much better than Ang Lee's.

beach tribe
06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Saw it last night. Wasn't too impressed with it.

I mean, not bad but, I'm not really looking forward to seeing it again.

FAX
06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
MINOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!!!

I liked it, too, Mr. keg in kc. I actually laughed at the "hungry" line in the bottling plant scene. I also thought Hulk's head bonk in the cave scene was amusing. I wasn't, however, crazy about the casting of Mr. Blue. I like the actor, but there are other guys who could have fit the role a little better, I think.

The way I see it, there are two huge difficulties in making a Hulk movie. The first one is that the Hulk character has zero depth. I mean, he's either angry or sullen or sad or confused. He's the Angela Lansbury of comic heroes. Bruce Banner has to provide the character development which takes screen time away from Hulkitude. A crossover movie could solve this problem, though. Second, Hulk has to be done with a ton and a half of CGI which can become very tedious at times. Given those issues, I thought they did a great job. Although I would have never imagined Norton as Bruce Banner, he carried the film very well, I thought.

I am enthusiastic about the potential of the upcoming, planned crossovers. If Marvel can maintain the production values of IronMan and this one (assuming the box office warrants it), there are many years of entertainment to which we can look forward.

FAX

Swanman
06-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Finally saw it. I think Marvel's 2 for 2 this summer, although there were some things I didn't like:

It went flat at the end for me.
The comedy beats all missed.

Otherwise, much better than Ang Lee's.

I loved the fight at the end, especially loving the timing of one of Hulk's few spoken lines in movie. My main problem, and that of many movies, is that they showed parts of the final fight in the trailer. They should not have even hinted at the monster bad guy in the preview, just show Tim Roth's character in his non-monsterfied state and let the end be a surprise. The movie is good enough to sell without giving away the ending in the trailer. For some crappy movies, you need to show the few good parts in the trailer, but this movie was far from crappy.

Can't wait for Captain America and Thor to come out, then we can get on with the Avengers movies.

Rausch
06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
The way I see it, there are two huge difficulties in making a Hulk movie. The first one is that the Hulk character has zero depth. I mean, he's either angry or sullen or sad or confused. He's the Angela Lansbury of comic heroes. Bruce Banner has to provide the character development which takes screen time away from Hulkitude. A crossover movie could solve this problem, though.

FAX

There have been 4 major versions of the Hulk. The character of the Hulk is deep, unfortunately the movie makers choose to use the most shallow of all incarnations.

My favorite would be "Mr. Fixit" or the Grey Hulk.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/professor9.gif

Tribal Warfare
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
There have been 4 major versions of the Hulk. The character of the Hulk is deep, unfortunately the movie makers choose to use the most shallow of all incarnations.

I'm wondering if they'll have the split personalities of the Hulk as the next Villain like Demon Hulk

keg in kc
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
MINOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!!!

I liked it, too, Mr. keg in kc. I actually laughed at the "hungry" line in the bottling plant scene. I also thought Hulk's head bonk in the cave scene was amusing. I wasn't, however, crazy about the casting of Mr. Blue. I like the actor, but there are other guys who could have fit the role a little better, I think.The hungry line was funny. Everything comedy after that felt forced to me. Like they decided "this movie's too serious!" and just crammed shit in.

I'd like to see Ed Norton's cut someday, although on the other hand, I thought it was long enough, and I'm not sure how another hour of it would play.

The flat part of the ending to me was the abrupt end of the fight and then the bar scene. The bar scene needed to follow the credits like Sam Jackson after Iron Man.

Rausch
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
The hungry line was funny. Everything comedy after that felt forced to me. Like they decided "this movie's too serious!" and just crammed shit in.

I'd like to see Ed Norton's cut someday, although on the other hand, I thought it was long enough, and I'm not sure how another hour of it would play.

The flat part of the ending to me was the abrupt end of the fight and then the bar scene. The bar scene needed to follow the credits like Sam Jackson after Iron Man.

Apparently there's going to be an extra 70 minutes of cut scenes on the DVD.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/06172008news2.html

Pretty cool site if you feel like catching up without reading the comix...

FAX
06-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Thanks, Mr. Rausch. This is the cool thing about ChiefsPlanet USA. If you pay attention, you learn something new every day.

I never heard of a talking, well dressed Hulk of any color.

FAX

Gravedigger
06-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I liked the movie as well. The thing that got me the most was how much darker it was than Ang Lee's. The first time he goes into the Hulk and how he tears through stuff and all you see is his figure surrounded in darkness is crazy enough. I dont think Roth's performance was all that good but I am thinking it was because of the writers. All he had to do was act like a cocky soldier and spout one liners like, "Is that all you've got?"
I hear all these things like Marvel cut alot out and that sucks cause the only thing I heard was of the Captain America thing which I'll wait for DVD to see the extras on that, which they are supposed to be adding like 70 minutes of cut out footage. But the thing that dissapoints me is that they could've cut out some of Roth's ability to be a badass villain.
All in all it was a great comic book film and I'd definetly rank it in the top ten ever. Ten times better than Ang Lee's but everyone says that mainly cause it's true. And yeah Liv Tyler's upper lip, and the bottom one were fuggin HUGE!

FAX
06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
The hungry line was funny. Everything comedy after that felt forced to me. Like they decided "this movie's too serious!" and just crammed shit in.

I cannot disagree, Mr. keg in kc. I would gladly pay for the DVD of a director's cut with the "dark" scenes to which every dude has alluded included. Even though the movie might drag, it would be interesting to see what was omitted.

I particularly would like to see the part where Banner stumbles across Cap's frozen body - if they actually did film that. It was probably just a vague shot of him and his shield imbedded in ice, I'm guessing.

And you're right about the bar scene. It seems as though they had one too many endings. The symmetry of placing the bar scene after the credits would have been very cool.

FAX

Gravedigger
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
I loved the fight at the end, especially loving the timing of one of Hulk's few spoken lines in movie. My main problem, and that of many movies, is that they showed parts of the final fight in the trailer. They should not have even hinted at the monster bad guy in the preview, just show Tim Roth's character in his non-monsterfied state and let the end be a surprise. The movie is good enough to sell without giving away the ending in the trailer. For some crappy movies, you need to show the few good parts in the trailer, but this movie was far from crappy.

Can't wait for Captain America and Thor to come out, then we can get on with the Avengers movies.

From the first time I saw that second trailer that showed the Abomination and Hulk fighting I automatically figured out the entire plot of the movie for the most part. Bad guy soldier gets injections from bad guy general then bad guy soldier goes crazy and its up to Hulk to stop him. It was kinda dissapointing...

Rausch
06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks, Mr. Rausch. This is the cool thing about ChiefsPlanet USA. If you pay attention, you learn something new every day.

I never heard of a talking, well dressed Hulk of any color.

FAX

I'd highly recomend "Incredible Hulk Visionaries - Peter David Vol. 1" as a guilty pleasure. It's a reprint of David's first 10 issues of The Incredible Hulk and an introduction to the Grey (and much more satisfying) Hulk.

David's run on the Hulk was more than a "Hulk Smash!" style romp. He touched on issues like domestic abuse, AIDS, racism, politics, war, etc.

If you don't like it you're out about $15, but added a coffee table book for visiting children...

keg in kc
06-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I particularly would like to see the part where Banner stumbles across Cap's frozen body - if they actually did film that. It was probably just a vague shot of him and his shield imbedded in ice, I'm guessing.I think one of the producers finally came out this week and said they didn't actually shoot that.

Rausch
06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I think one of the producers finally came out this week and said they didn't actually shoot that.

The director did confirm that Cap was in the movie. I didn't notice it and don't know where to look but apparently he's in there...

Tribal Warfare
06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
The director did confirm that Cap was in the movie. I didn't notice it and don't know where to look but apparently he's in there...

It was suppose to be in the DVD when Banner is in the Artic circle whre he sees Cap frozen

ChieflySpeaking
06-18-2008, 06:43 PM
The Korvac Saga - Avengers Vol. 1

Just about the best story line evah. It rocked.

This one lasted from 167 to 177, and featured one of the most powerful adversaries in Avengers history. The old Guardians of the Galaxy villain, Korvac, was transformed by an encounter with Galactus's (by the way Galactus is the entity that appeared in Fantastic Four 2, Rise of the Silver Surfer) worldship into a godlike being calling himself "Michael." The Guardians, knowing Korvac to have travelled back to the 20th century, followed after him, seeking the help of the Avengers, whom they idolized as predecessors. After a long search (punctuated by the disappearance of numerous members in thin air,) the reunited Avengers and Guardians confronted Michael in his suburban Forest Hills (?!) home. After a stunning battle in which nearly every hero is slain, Michael allows himself to be killed by the remaining four, knowing his cause is lost. Carina, the Collector's daughter and Michael's mate, lashes out in fury, but finally causes Thor to slay her, as well, to join Michael in death. As his last act, Michael restores life to the slain heroes.

This storyline features a number of interesting aspects. For one, it encompasses at least two other major plots--the Collector's abduction of the Avengers (he knows about Michael and wants the Avengers to survive the coming war) and yet another return of Ultron. In addition, the case is made near the end that Michael was a benevolent being, seeking to bring peace and happiness to a chaotic universe, rather than seeking to harm it. (In a What If? which followed the story, however, the case is made that had Michael's plan succeeded, the entire universe would have in fact been annihilated.) The ambiguousness of the ending left me frustrated as a kid, but now that I reflect back on it, it holds up. The major disappointment to me at the time was that by the next issue, everyone had indeed forgotten about the entire incident (as Moondragon had promised) and it was never mentioned again! Just once I would have liked for one of the A's to say, "Hey, you remember the time Korvac kicked our butts? Man, that was a fight!"

Overall, the Korvac storyline ranks among the greatest Marvel achievements of the 1970s, if ever, and among the best Jim Shooter ever produced (along with Michelinie and Perez.)

BillyMaze
06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
In a nutshell:

FTR, I knew there were going to be IM tie ins. I also knew another comic tie in but must have missed it.I can't wait to see this movie.

ChieflySpeaking
06-18-2008, 06:47 PM

Juno?

Rausch
06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
It was suppose to be in the DVD when Banner is in the Artic circle whre he sees Cap frozen

Question: You recently did an interview where you said that in Iron Man there is a Captain America shield, but in our movie we have Captain America.

Louis Leterrier: Wait, that's crazy. Did I say that?

Question: You did say that. You did say that and so there's been a lot of I've looked online. Many people are talking about this.

Louis Leterrier: I knew. I threw one like this I was like let's see how many pick it up.

Question: So is Captain America in the movie as an Easter Egg?

Louis Leterrier: Yes.

Question: Could you be a little more specific?

Louis Leterrier: No, I can't. Otherwise it's not fun. Are you crazy? Its an Easter egg.

Question: But is it like a throwaway gag like or is it a real kind of a thing?

Louis Leterrier: It's an Easter egg. It's not like oh, it's Captain America and it changes everything. It's still a Hulk movie, but it's really Captain America and it's there, you'll see. It's the real deal. You have to look for it.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/06172008news2.html

KcMizzou
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
The director did confirm that Cap was in the movie. I didn't notice it and don't know where to look but apparently he's in there...Seems it didn't make the final cut...

As for Captain America's apperance, Leterrier promises it's in the film. "It's an Easter egg. It's not like oh, it's Captain America and it changes everything. It's still a Hulk movie, but it's really Captain America and it's there, you'll see. It's the real deal. You have to look for it." But instead of leaving it at that and sending everyone off on their own to search for it, we're going to tell you exactly where it is. And that's because unfortunately the scene, which actually sounds interesting, was entirely cut from the final print. In a separate interview with Judão, Leterrier explains where he actually shows up.

"There's a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else's considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we've cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America! At some point this week, we will make it available on the internet – but I cannot tell you where or when – and the material will definitely be on the DVD."

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/11/the-real-story-behind-captain-america-in-the-incredible-hulk/

keg in kc
06-18-2008, 07:55 PM
This (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-gale-anne-hurd-talks-hulk-no-captain-america-and-the-punisher-4835) is what I was talking about:LatinoReview: What was Louis talking about when he said Captain America was in the film?

Hurd: He didn't really mean the character of Captain America, unless there's something that I don't know. It's the serum.

LatinoReview: I felt that there was a presence around the film of Captain America, and not that you actually see him.

Hurd: Exactly.

LatinoReview: Is Captain America in the frozen tundra? Cause on the trailer we see Banner walking on the tundra and I wanted to know if Captain America was in that scene or not?

Hurd: Captain America was not visible in that scene.Read in that what you will...

Rausch
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Either way, It'll be on the DVD and we'll see whatever it is.

Deberg_1990
06-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Just saw it.

Absolutely Bad a$$!

Loved it. I thought the action was good and the drama was even better. Exactly the film that should have been made 5 years ago. F*ck you very much Ang Lee.

I noticed there were a couple of scenes in the trailers not in the movie. Most notably the one with Bruce talking to Betty's boyfriend about his "problem"

Cant wait to see the added 60-70 minutes added back in.

irishjayhawk
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
By the way, there is a rumor Norton might try to direct - or should - the next installment. Apparently, he's the one that wrote in his computer conversations between Blue and Green. And some other character stuff.

Apparently, that's what all the bad omens between Norton and Marvel were about.

Deberg_1990
06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
So i take it the Mr.Blue guy is supposed be a future bad guy? They never showed what happened to Blonsky either. He could easily be brought back. I thought he made a great bad guy.

keg in kc
06-21-2008, 02:11 PM
So i take it the Mr.Blue guy is supposed be a future bad guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_(comics))

Rausch
06-21-2008, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_(comics)

Yer' link's bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_%28comics%29

Deberg_1990
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh, another cool thing in this flick were the couple of affecioniate nods to the 70's TV series.

The few bars of the sad theme music while Banner walked the streets in Brazil

The Gamma chair looked like the 70's version in the intro

Lou Ferrigno. "Your the man!" hahaha....great cameo.

Banner being a fugitive always on the run....

keg in kc
06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Yer' link's bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_%28comics%29Danke.

TRR
06-22-2008, 10:41 AM

I have no clue how you saw this...I watched Hulk last night, and waited to see this glimpse of Capt America. It wasn't after the credits, and supposedly wasn't kept in the theatrical version at all...

Midnight_Vulture
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
This movie was okay but Iron man was more entertaining.

But lets all be honest. These films are just appetizers for The Dark Knight.

irishjayhawk
06-22-2008, 11:34 AM

Unfortunately, that's not true. The Dark Knight is DC's masterpiece but Marvel has something big with the connections between films. 3 quality films beats 1 quality film.

So far, Marvel has owned DC.

Rausch
06-22-2008, 12:41 PM

I was never a fan of any of DC's characters. I think the first time I looked at a Batman comic was the Graphic Novel where Batman ****ing ruins Superman. I hated the Superman character so much I had to check that out.

I'll admit, the Batman franchise (early films) set the bar for a comix movie that hasn't really bet met until Iron Man.

Midnight_Vulture
06-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately, that's not true. The Dark Knight is DC's masterpiece but Marvel has something big with the connections between films. 3 quality films beats 1 quality film.

So far, Marvel has owned DC.

Yeah, but one GREAT film will own all those. Thats where the Dark Knight comes in.

And the Hulk wasnt that quality. Very forgettable IMO.

FAX
06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but one GREAT film will own all those. Thats where the Dark Knight comes in.

Just wait until you see the Hulk/Spider Man/Iron Man/Capt. America/Thor super spectacular, Mr. Midnight_Vulture. The Dark Knight will be hiding in his slimy cave.

FAX

Sure-Oz
06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Saw the movie tonight, was pretty good. Thanks for the explanation on MR Blue...

Anyone know if the capt america thing is online by chance??

irishjayhawk
06-26-2008, 11:19 PM

Unfortunately, one superb film doesn't make a franchise. Marvel is building their franchise with multiple foundations. DC has pretty much nothing but Batman.

FAX
06-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I wonder if Marvel will take another stab at the Fantastic Four. They completely butchered that one. They were far from fantastic. I particularly hated with way they portrayed the Reed Richards character. In the comics, he wasn't a geek doofus. I was also highly disappointed in Dr. Doom.

Maybe you gus know the answer to this ... are they employing script writers with film or comic backgrounds for these movies?

FAX

Deberg_1990
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I wonder if Marvel will take another stab at the Fantastic Four. They completely butchered that one. They were far from fantastic. I particularly hated with way they portrayed the Reed Richards character. In the comics, he wasn't a geek doofus. I was also highly disappointed in Dr. Doom.

Maybe you gus know the answer to this ... are they employing script writers with film or comic backgrounds for these movies?

FAX

Thats an interesting point. Whats funny is, nobody really seemed to like those flicks at all, yet they made boatloads of money.

Jawshco
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Thats an interesting point. Whats funny is, nobody really seemed to like those flicks at all, yet they made boatloads of money.

I don't really see any way that the Fantastic Four should have it's own movie again, unless they fire Tim Story and go at it with a whole new tone, and new Dr. Doom for sure!

I'd rather see the FF crossover into the next Spiderman movie. You could have Spidey seeking Reed's help has he begins to turn into the six-armed spider monster (like in the comics), Throw in the Lizard and Electro (with the containment suit costume from the the "Spectacular Spiderman" Cartoon- not he cheesy comic costume) as villians and you'd have a great movie.

Sure-Oz
06-27-2008, 03:22 PM
FF 2 was better than the 1st, but it still didn't take it self that seriously, kindve disappointing