PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs 0-16 ? Thoughts?

cardken
06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
2008 AFC West Preview
Chargers are looking super; Chiefs and Raiders not so much
By Paul Bessire, WhatIfSports.com
June 12th 2008
We will preview an NFL division each day for eight days, before presenting final standings, fantasy and statistical leaders, award winners, playoff results and power rankings. This analysis is part of a broader endeavor with FOXSports.com's Fantasy Football.

Rosters and depth charts are up-to-date and as accurate as possible as of June 8, 2008. A schedule of upcoming NFL preview content including links to other previews that have already been posted is located here.

For details on how we generate the results and the definition of the Absolute Record, click here.
To hide the details, click here.

For this analysis, each regular season game is simulated 1,000 times, with the sum of the winning percentages of those games being our final predicted record. As can be noted, sometimes a team is "favored" (wins more than 50% of the time) in a different number of our games than the expected record shows. We list this record as the Absolute Record. The assumption of the Absolute Record is that the more likely scenario always happens. Since we know that it does not (see Super Bowl XLII), our expected record (in parentheses next to each team) is far more accurate. Also, especially since we are rounding, it is possible for a team to win a game more often, yet score the same or fewer points on average. In those cases, for Absolute Records, we always take higher winning percentage and are not predicting a tie or a win by an underdog. This is another reason why the expected records are more accurate, as the teams are so evenly matched, the game could easily go either way.

Today we will preview the AFC West.

San Diego Chargers (11-5)
San Diego was our Super Bowl pick in this exercise last year and they do not look too far from it again this season. A rehabilitating quarterback and thin secondary are about the only obstacles on San Diego's path to another deep playoff run. The Chargers average 28.2 points per game (#4 in the NFL) and allow 19.4 points (#4) against a schedule featuring just four games against 2007 playoff teams.

Absolute Record: 13-3

Most Significant Newcomer: Jacob Hester, RB - This is not really saying much. Basically, we mention Hester as a means to talk more about the team's most significant loss, Michael Turner. Along with Darren Sproles, Hester will spell LaDainian Tomlinson. Sproles will likely get the third down looks, so the 224-pound Hester will be counted on to get tough yards. He may also get some time at fullback after Lorenzo Neal's release. Look for 250 total yards and three touchdowns.
Biggest Strength: LaDainian Tomlinson - LT can still do it all. Last season, it was a bit of a surprise that he failed to reach 2,000 total yards after 2,323 in 2006. He had 1,949 yards and 18 TDs. That's a down year? Whether it is good for his future or not, especially with Philip Rivers hobbled, the Chargers will lean on LT as much as ever.

Most Exploitable Weakness: Depth - With Michael Turner in Atlanta, the backfield is questionable after Tomlinson. The defensive backfield appears to be thin as well. San Diego will likely lean on rookies Antoine Cason and Dejuan Tribble to go with second year players Eric Weddle and Tra Battle.

Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Craig Davis, WR - In another reference to the lack of depth on this team, Davis may be needed if Vincent Jackson fails to produce again this season. He will likely never be a homerun threat, but Davis could be a good possession receiver who earns Rivers' respect in the redzone. At this point, we have the second-year player at 42 receptions for 469 yards and three touchdowns.

Closest Game: @ Pittsburgh (Week 11) - San Diego is an underdog in one of just three games on the schedule (vs. New England and vs. Indianapolis the others). Despite being on the road, this is definitely the most winnable of those three games. The Colts come to town the next week, so San Diego needs this game to gain confidence and momentum.

Fantasy Notables (fantasy rank at position in parentheses): Philip Rivers (12) 3,161 yards, 23 TDs, 13 INTs; LaDainian Tomlinson (1) 2,097 total yards, 18 TDs; Chris Chambers (30) 59 receptions, 882 yards, 6 TDs; Antonio Gates (3) 69 receptions, 831 yards, 6 TDs; Nate Kaeding (2) 48/48 XPs, 32/37 FGs

Projected 2008 Results:Week Opponent Win% Avg Score
1 Carolina Panthers 61 26-18
2 @Denver Broncos 75 29-20
3 New York Jets 64 30-18
4 @Oakland Raiders 83 28-18
5 @Miami Dolphins 85 29-18
6 New England Patriots 34 22-26
7 @Buffalo Bills 73 27-21
8 @New Orleans Saints 66 29-23
10 Kansas City Chiefs 89 33-13
11 @Pittsburgh Steelers 47 21-27
12 Indianapolis Colts 35 23-28
13 Atlanta Falcons 83 33-14
14 Oakland Raiders 86 33-15
15 @Kansas City Chiefs 95 29-13
16 @Tampa Bay Buccaneers 77 25-17
17 Denver Broncos 77 36-21

Denver Broncos (7-9)
It may not seem like much for Cardinals and Bengals fans, but three years without a playoff appearance for Mike Shanahan and Broncos is a drought. Worse yet, there are good players on this roster, but not many exciting names or potential stars. The Broncos average 24.7 points per game (#12) and allow 26.6 points (#24) against a schedule featuring five games against 2007 playoff teams.

Absolute Record: 7-9

Most Significant Newcomer: Boss Bailey, LB - Bailey should be able to step right in and be instantly productive alongside D.J. Williams. The wide receiver additions, Darrell Jackson, Keary Colbert, Edell Shepherd and Eddie Royal, also warrant consideration, but none have shown the consistency (at any level) needed to be singled out on this list.

Biggest Strength: Shanahan - In his 14th season leading the Broncos, Shanahan still knows a lot about football and how to build a team that can run the ball on offense and force turnovers on defense.

Most Exploitable Weakness: Lack of a star - Simulations like these take human bias out of the argument, but what is going on here can be explained in a very human way. With the possible exception of Champ Bailey, there are no stars on this team. There is not really anything to get people excited. In the sim, that translates into the fact that no player puts the team over the top. Yes, it is balanced and lacks an obvious weakness, but Denver is balanced in a very average way across the board.

Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Ryan Torain, RB - It could be Andre Hall, Michael Pittman or Selvin Young (if he is considered a sleeper), but we will go with a deeper sleeper here because that is how nice Mike Shanahan is to fantasy football players. Torain was a very productive back in college who ran into injury issues as a senior. With Travis Henry gone and the team lacking a go-to, all-purpose back, Torain may be the guy. In the simulated season, he nets 529 total yards and five touchdowns.

Closest Game: @ New York Jets (Week 13) - Again, this is not a tie; it's just that close. Especially with the off-season moves made by New York, Denver and the Jets are two very similar teams, who should end the season with similar records. 2008 will play a huge role in the future of both franchises, so this game that will not really have any playoff significance, could be very important.

Fantasy Notables: Jay Cutler (14) 2,988 yards, 21 TDs, 11 INTs; Selvin Young (28) 1,151 total yards, 8 TDs; Andre Hall (34) 1,027 total yards, 8 TDs; Brandon Marshall (17) 67 receptions, 1,059 yards, 6 TDs; Tony Scheffler (16) 39 receptions, 474 yards, 3 TDs; Matt Prater (17) 43/43 XPs, 24/32 FGs

1 @Oakland Raiders 65 28-24
2 San Diego Chargers 25 20-29
3 New Orleans Saints 45 24-26
4 @Kansas City Chiefs 69 28-24
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 44 25-27
6 Jacksonville Jaguars 31 24-29
7 @New England Patriots 22 19-34
9 Miami Dolphins 51 29-22
10 @Cleveland Browns 26 19-32
11 @Atlanta Falcons 66 27-23
12 Oakland Raiders 69 32-22
13 @New York Jets 54 24-24
14 Kansas City Chiefs 68 32-20
15 @Carolina Panthers 36 20-29
16 Buffalo Bills 40 23-24
17 @San Diego Chargers 23 21-36

Oakland Raiders (6-10)
For the first time in a little while, the Raiders look promising and exciting on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately for the Black Hole, that will not yet translate on the field. Still, with a pretty weak schedule, the young players on this team may gain the confidence they need to become stars in the future. The Raiders average 22.8 points per game (#18) and allow 27.3 points (#27) against a schedule featuring just four games against 2007 playoff teams.

Absolute Record: 4-12

Most Significant Newcomer: DeAngelo Hall, CB - Darren McFadden is the sexiest choice here, but Hall cannot be ignored. He is close to a shutdown corner who can still make plays. Plus, with defenses shying away from his side, watch for Nnamdi Asomugha to approach, if not exceed, his interception total of 2006 (8).

Biggest Strength: Intercepting - Not only do the Raiders have Hall and Asomugha, they have two of the best pass defending linebackers in Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard. That tandem combined for a remarkable ten interceptions in 2007. And we have not even mentioned Gibril Wilson, who led the Super Bowl champion Giants in interceptions with four. Opposing quarterbacks could be in trouble against the Raiders. Fans in the first few rows should expect a few passes.

Most Exploitable Weakness: Being Intercepted - JaMarcus Russell made his share of mistakes in limited play as a rookie. That will likely continue for at least another season in Oakland. The simulated season has Oakland intercepting 23 passes, but throwing 22.

Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Drew Carter, WR - Some may look at our numbers and put tight end Zach Miller here. We think so highly of him, it's hard to call him a sleeper. So, we went for the number three wideout, Drew Carter. Al Davis loves deep threats and Carter can be that guy. Ronald Curry is the possession receiver and Javon Walker is an injury waiting to happen, so Carter should get an opportunity to shine. We have the former Buckeye at 28 catches for 509 yards and three touchdowns.

Closest Game: @ New Orleans (Week 6) - It is feast of famine for Oakland who is only between a 40%-60% favorite in one game all year (that is almost unheard of in the NFL). The Saints are still favored by nine points, but the Raiders will have the bye week to prepare for the trip to New Orleans so they may just get out of there with a victory.

Fantasy Notables: JaMarcus Russell (25) 2,806 yards, 19 TDs, 18 INTs; Justin Fargas (23) 1,330 yards, 11 TDs; Darren McFadden (27) 1,113 total yards, 10 TDs; Javon Walker (36) 46 receptions, 815 yards, 5 TDs; Zach Miller (7) 58 receptions, 660 yards, 4 TDs; Sebastian Janikowski (27) 41/41 XPs, 22/34 FGs

1 Denver Broncos 35 24-28
2 @Kansas City Chiefs 62 26-23
3 @Buffalo Bills 29 19-29
4 San Diego Chargers 16 18-28
6 @New Orleans Saints 43 22-31
7 New York Jets 40 23-25
8 @Baltimore Ravens 33 19-29
9 Atlanta Falcons 70 34-22
10 Carolina Panthers 16 18-28
11 @Miami Dolphins 79 31-23
12 @Denver Broncos 31 22-32
13 Kansas City Chiefs 67 30-19
14 @San Diego Chargers 14 15-33
15 New England Patriots 22 25-34
16 Houston Texans 36 22-27
17 @Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38 19-27

Kansas City Chiefs (4-12)
It would be great to talk optimistically about a fairly easy schedule for the Chiefs, but that is tough to do when they are not favored by more than 40% in any game. When a team has to get a little lucky at least once just to get on the board, it is going to be a tough year - talk to the Dolphins. But, this is part of the plan to go young and develop players this season in hopes of contending in the near future. The Chiefs average 18.0 points per game (#32) and allow 29.4 points (#32) against a schedule featuring five games against 2007 playoff teams.

Absolute Record: 0-16

Most Significant Newcomer: Glenn Dorsey, DT - It is very difficult for a defensive tackle to make a profound impact on a defense in his rookie season. Dorsey will, partly because he has to and partly because he has NFL-ready athleticism and drive. The sim likes Dorsey to rack up 28 tackles and five sacks. Other draft picks like Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers and DaJuan Morgan should get the playing time needed to make a difference on this team as well.

Biggest Strength: Youth - Young players can oftentimes luck into wins before they really know what they are doing in the league. With a roster full of players 26 years old and younger and 12 newly drafted rookies, Kansas City has plenty of youth. Speed and agility tend to come with youth as well. Kansas City may actually be one of the faster teams in the league position-by-position.

Most Exploitable Weakness: Experience - It may be a little too obvious, but that youth is also the same reason that this team is a few years away from a chance at success. Remember when this team had the best offensive line in the league and too many running backs?

Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Tyler Thigpen, QB - Brodie Croyle will be given plenty of opportunity to make this his team, but it may not work. If it doesn't, or if Croyle endures another major injury, Thigpen is next in line. Physically, the Coastal Carolina product is the prototype: 6'3", 220 pounds with great mobility and a big arm. Like the rest of this team, he just lacks experience. He may get his shot this year. We have him starting four games and throwing for 738 yards, four touchdowns and three interceptions.

Closest Game: New York Jets (Week 8) - This is the Chiefs' Miami vs. Baltimore moment. Brodie Croyle to Dwayne Bowe may be better than Cleo Lemon to Greg Camarillo, but that may have to be the difference against a porous Jets' secondary.

Fantasy Notables: Brodie Croyle (27) 2,572 yards, 16 TDs, 12 INTs; Larry Johnson (12) 1,682 total yards, 11 TDs; Dwayne Bowe (16) 72 receptions, 1,102 yards, 7 TDs; Tony Gonzalez (4) 71 receptions, 857 yards, 5 TDs; Billy Cundiff (32) 31/32 XPs, 21/26 FGs

Projected 2008 Results:

chiefs1111
06-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't know about 0-16,it seems like we would at least get lucky during some point and pul one out,likely against the Raiders........... I think we will be at least 3-13

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
If we go 0-16 theres just nothing more I could say or do, than to just LMFAO at this joke of a coaching staff.

Herm and Carl BOTH should get canned for that. No excuses to lose EVERY game.

chasedude
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
All this speculation and NO ONE knows for sure what will happen. Unless they've invented the time machine and went forward to see the turnout of the season.

dshyne101
06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Forget that Larry and D.Bowe wont let that happen!!

Hootie
06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I think we'll win at least 7 games...our defense is going to be good.

ChiefGator
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Hmm... I have the Chiefs beating the Falcons in Atlanta. And I'll be there for it!

RustShack
06-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I think they ment to put 16-0.

keg in kc
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I think we'll win at least 7 games...our defense is going to be good.Ditto.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Tyler Thigpen,

ROFL

Pneuma
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
No way we can't get at least 3 W's this season with our easy schedule.

06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm all for it if it gets Carl canned.

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM

And Huard will lead us to the playoffs.

Our pass rush is gonna be a big liability on defense. Especially with the young CBs, we may have one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL because of that.

Sure we have potential and talent with the young corners, but they will also become a liability since they are greatly inexperienced.

FAX
06-13-2008, 03:40 PM

I don't see it, Mr. Hootie. We've lost our best defensive player. Dorsey is a DT and, unless our DEs step it up, he's going to spend the season triple teamed and tired as hell. Our corners may well be rookies and our linebackers remain a question mark. On top of all that, our defense is probably more complex than our offense at this point. This does not bode well, I think.

FAX

FAX
06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Our success this year hinges upon our running game. If we don't have one, we are doomed.

FAX

little jacob
06-13-2008, 03:42 PM
i'll tell you one thing. that team lost 9 games in a row last year and they were lucky, positively blessed by the gods, to win the 4 games they did. they were as bad as any team in history at the end of the season.

if the season had started after week 5 i firmly believe they would have gone 0-16.

little jacob
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM

timothy leary, i thought you were dead

kcchiefsus
06-13-2008, 03:44 PM
What the hell makes the Faiders so much better than us?

Bowe > Walker
LJ > McFadden
Gonzalez > Miller
Chiefs O-line > Raiders O-line (at least as far as talent is concerned)
Chiefs D-line > Raiders D-line
Croyle = Russell (Russell has proven exactly as much as Croyle, which is nothing)

Absolutely no reason they should be so much better than us

Rausch
06-13-2008, 03:59 PM
i'll tell you one thing. that team lost 9 games in a row last year and they were lucky, positively blessed by the gods, to win the 4 games they did. they were as bad as any team in history at the end of the season.

if the season had started after week 5 i firmly believe they would have gone 0-16.

That team also lost to the defending SB champs by three, on the road, in the last few seconds of the game.

Brock
06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
What the hell makes the Faiders so much better than us?

Bowe > Walker
LJ > McFadden
Gonzalez > Miller
Chiefs O-line > Raiders O-line (at least as far as talent is concerned)
Chiefs D-line > Raiders D-line
Croyle = Russell (Russell has proven exactly as much as Croyle, which is nothing)

Absolutely no reason they should be so much better than us

Herm Edwards < Almost anybody.

Bugeater
06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Herm isn't capable of a perfect (losing) season. He'll screw up and win a game or two at some point.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Herm Edwards < Almost anybody.

Yes, hes single handidly responsible for the price of gas and the war in Iraq!

Hammock Parties
06-13-2008, 04:13 PM
We could have the greatest draft class EVAH if we go 0-16 and make a few trades!

Bowser
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
It's almost impossible to go winless in the NFL. See: 2007 Miami Dolphins.

But,as was stated earlier, I'm for it if does nothing else but enema-ize the Chiefs front office.

Bowser
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
We could have the greatest draft class EVAH if we go 0-16 and make a few trades!

TRADE LJ!

Hammock Parties
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
TRADE LJ!

Dorsey's value will never be higher than it will be next offseason!

Bowser
06-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Dorsey's value will never be higher than it will be next offseason!

Heh. Nice.

Or, it should just be a blanket statement.... "TRADE ________!!!!1"

Farzin
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I can see the Chiefs struggling at the beggining...then eventually, once the young guns get experienced and start, we'll improve down the stretch.

Starbux37
06-13-2008, 04:27 PM
0-16 I don't think so, 3-13 or 4-12 is more likely.

If we did go 0-16 thou I look at this way I would get to hear this at the least (hell if we go 4-12 I'd probably still get to hear these magical words).

"And with the first selection in the 2009 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs have picked........."

And then the icing on the cake for me would be that this organization would be wise enough to finally be rid of the Carl and Herm regime.

SBK
06-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I think we'll win 6-8 games. Most of them should come in the 2nd half of the season.

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Honestly at the very best considering our coaching staff that never likes to take blame for anything, we are going to go 5-11.

The schedule is easy, and as long as we have a running game and LJ stays healthy, there's no way we are worse than last year.

Remember people that we were 4-3 at one point last season when LJ was healthy. I dont think 5-6 games or even 7 is really out of the question but I think it all depends on what the Oline does and how Croyle performs. Especially if Croyle doesn't improve, this team could be a 2-3 win team, which could be enough to can Carl after Arrowhead's turned into a ghost town.

little jacob
06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
It's almost impossible to go winless in the NFL. See: 2007 Miami Dolphins.

Miami was in some games. I think if we had played them in week 16 they would have won.

Baby Lee
06-13-2008, 05:19 PM
A 1700 rusher, an 1100 yard receiver and a 900 yard TE, against our opposition, with our D so much better than our O, and they STILL project 0-16? Something doesn't compute.

Baby Lee
06-13-2008, 05:22 PM
I think we'll win 6-8 games. Most of them should come in the 2nd half of the season.

I see it the same.

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 05:31 PM
A 1700 rusher, an 1100 yard receiver and a 900 yard TE, against our opposition, with our D so much better than our O, and they STILL project 0-16? Something doesn't compute.

When you have an Oline that can't block or a QB that can't make good decisions tends to lead towards offensive disaster.

Skip Towne
06-13-2008, 05:38 PM
With our offense we won't score many points. If we can hold the opponent to just a few points we will have some close games. The problem is we will then have to depend on Herm to outcoach the other guy to pull out those close games. Marty got away with that, Herm will not.

ChiefRon
06-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Geez, all this pessimism...

I wonder if the GB boards were like this before last year...well, maybe I should say year before last, after their 4 win season and they were forced to go young...

KCUnited
06-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Wonder how many wins it would take for people to consider the year a success? I'm cool with 5 or more or less than that if we can find out whether Croyle is our future QB or another notch in the rebuilding process.

DeezNutz
06-13-2008, 05:51 PM
0-16? No way.

I think the Chiefs will be 5-11 and, by the end of the year, one of the "bad" teams that the "good" teams don't want to play. I'd be pleased with this.

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
EHHHH **** IT.

We will go 11-5, lose in first round in Indy (again).
LJ, Waters, TonyG, DJ and Colquitt will all make the Pro Bowl.

Croyle will go 3,300 yds, 23 TDs, 17 INT's
LJ 1,400 yds 18 TD's
Tony G 890 yds. 9 TDs

Carl does his self employment evaluation and then signs himself to a 5 year extension.

Mecca
06-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Somewhere between 2-5, the Chiefs can't be thinking easy schedule because all those teams considered easy think the Chiefs are a game they can win. No game is an easy game for a team that is rebuilding.

StcChief
06-13-2008, 06:45 PM
BS I wonder if these clown put any money behind a 4-12.... or a 0-16. despite the 1000 simulations to many intangibles.

ChiefsBlow
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Chiefs wont blank.... stupid, stupid to think that

They will however get swept in the AFC West

Gonzo will go to a team after the season that will give him a chance to win a ring

Chiefs, really are a very boring team. They only get a prime time national game when they play the Raiders

Carl has made me sick to my stomach of this team

I am tired, tired, and more tired of being losers

el borracho
06-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, it's difficult to make any predictions until we have played at least 3 preseason games but- 0-16? No, I don't believe that. Honestly, I hate Herm as a head coach as much as anybody but who even knows right now who our starters are or what our offense will look like?

My June prediction: Between 2 and 6 wins (probably closer to 2)

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Am i reading this right...they say we will give up 29 points a game......
ROFL ROFL i guess the loss of jared is gonna send us back to dicky v level of defense even though we also got dorsey.

el borracho
06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
The idea might not be as funny (or far-fetched) as you think. Who are the difference makers on our defense?

Hali? Not so much.
DJ? Sometimes yes, mostly no.
Page? When we play the Raiders I guess.
Pollard? Not so much.
Surtain? Before coming to KC- yes, as a Chief- not so much.
Donnie Edwards? Not so much.
Turk and Tank? Not so much.
Harris? Yes, but the wrong kind of difference.

Mecca
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
The idea might not be as funny (or far-fetched) as you think. Who are the difference makers on our defense?

Hali? Not so much.
Pollard? Not so much.

For this defense to be good we'll be relying on rookies to be playmakers....I think several of them can be but the question is how long will it take for that to happen.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 08:50 PM

Hali? Not so much.
Pollard? Not so much.

Huh??? Those are the same guys we had last year and weren't even CLOSE to being the type of D that gives up 29 a game. Not saying this D is going to be one of the best, but to think they will be that bad is a pretty big stretch.

Mecca
06-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Huh??? Those are the same guys we had last year and weren't even CLOSE to being the type of D that gives up 29 a game. Not saying this D is going to be one of the best, but to think they will be that bad is a pretty big stretch.

Other than defensive end is the most sought after defensive position in the league...

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Other than defensive end is the most sought after defensive position in the league...

What about the impact glenn dorsey will have at DT. Do you really think they'll give up close to 30 points a game next year because of the loss of allen?? Because that's the only argument i'm making in this thread. The article predicted 29 points a game allowed and there is no way.

el borracho
06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
For this defense to be good we'll be relying on rookies to be playmakers....I think several of them can be but the question is how long will it take for that to happen.

yes, I would agree with that.

Mecca
06-13-2008, 08:57 PM
What about the impact glenn dorsey will have at DT. Do you really think they'll give up close to 30 points a game next year because of the loss of allen?? Because that's the only argument i'm making in this thread. The article predicted 29 points a game allowed and there is no way.

I think it'll be up from last year.....29 probably not,

Even if Dorsey is great from day 1 he can make those ends better but I don't know how much better. Hali got 1-1 with Allen on the other side and still was kinda eh for the most part.

Until someone steps up or the draft one high next year getting a DE is going to be a top priority.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
I think it'll be up from last year.....29 probably not,

Even if Dorsey is great from day 1 he can make those ends better but I don't know how much better. Hali got 1-1 with Allen on the other side and still was kinda eh for the most part.

Until someone steps up or the draft one high next year getting a DE is going to be a top priority.

OK i can agree with you on this. It will take a heck of an effort by the rooks for the D to get better that is for sure. Another thing you have to consider is the offense couldn't get a first down a lot of times last year, so if the O can grind out some long drives the D should benefit. Of course we'll have to see it to believe it.

el borracho
06-13-2008, 09:01 PM

Allen put pressure on the QB and made numerous game-changing plays, including turnovers. It is possible that one or more of Hali, Dorsey, Tank, Turk will step into that role but, to this date, none have. Cover 2 defense w/out pressure = ugly, especially with a young secondary. It's too early for any real predictions- I haven't even seen them play, yet!- but on paper it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Allen put pressure on the QB and made numerous game-changing plays, including turnovers. It is possible that one or more of Hali, Dorsey, Tank, Turk will step into that role but, to this date, none have. Cover 2 defense w/out pressure = ugly, especially with a young secondary. It's too early for any real predictions- I haven't even seen them play, yet!- but on paper it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

You have to have an awful bad defense to give up 29 points a game. Heck some of the Vermeil defenses didn't give up that much and they didn't even have a guy like hali much less a dorsey or if you think DJ is average the linebackers we had then were pathetic.

Mecca
06-13-2008, 09:05 PM
You have to have an awful bad defense to give up 29 points a game. Heck some of the Vermeil defenses didn't give up that much and they didn't even have a guy like hali much less a dorsey or if you think DJ is average the linebackers we had then were pathetic.

DJ needs to develop consistency, he appears then disappears.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 09:07 PM
DJ needs to develop consistency, he appears then disappears.

Sure does. Definately something he can improve on. I believe he was one of the league leaders in tackles for loss, so he can make plays.

Mrs. Chief
06-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Well, I guess I'm a little more optimistic than most of you. I think we will go 8-8 or 7-9. I see something special coming together with our defense and young guys are not complacent, which has been the problem with some team members for some time. We will turn productive faster than you might think. Just my 2 cents.

Buehler445
06-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Right now, nothing is really out of the question.

We gained talent but lost experience. It's all up in the air right now. If we were to get up to a decent record, I would have to give much props to the position coaches for development. But given some of the game day decisions I've seen, there will be some to overcome there too.

Hopefully with the young guys Herm doesn't go ultra-conservative to "prevent mistakes". If he will allow the coordinators to get creative once in awhile and try to create some matchups with the talent we have and experience some success with that, maybe Herm will realize that controled risk is OK. If you do it properly (don't throw on first down just because Whitlock told you to).

TinyEvel
06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
THis kind of stuff just gives me a headache. :shake:

I'm thinking 5-11

HMc
06-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Boy this place is gonna meltdown when we're 2-8, 75% of those claiming to be in support of the rebuild will be calling for Herm's head and begging for Jeff George/Trent Green

Logical
06-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I would say we will find 5 victories in our EOY basket. Could we lose 16, yes this team has that potential but unlikely.

beach tribe
06-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Were going to be bad, but this thread is fukin retarded.

beach tribe
06-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Chiefs wont blank.... stupid, stupid to think that

They will however get swept in the AFC West

Gonzo will go to a team after the season that will give him a chance to win a ring

Chiefs, really are a very boring team. They only get a prime time national game when they play the Raiders

Carl has made me sick to my stomach of this team

I am tired, tired, and more tired of being losers

You're not a very good actor. Your raiders won't be much better, AND have ****ed themselves for the foreseeable future. I would unbiasedly(?) say that I would rather be in the Chiefs position.

KcMizzou
06-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Boy this place is gonna meltdown when we're 2-8, 75% of those claiming to be in support of the rebuild will be calling for Herm's head and begging for Jeff George/Trent Green**** 'em, then. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

It's gonna be a rough season, no doubt about it. We'll be better in the long run because of it.

DT58HOF
06-14-2008, 05:24 AM
and what will you say when we are 6-2 to start?

<TABLE class=schedule width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time</TD><TD>Network</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/07/08</TD><TD>at New England Patriots</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/14/08</TD><TD>Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/21/08</TD><TD>at Atlanta Falcons</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/28/08</TD><TD>Denver Broncos</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/05/08</TD><TD>at Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/12/08</TD><TD>Bye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/19/08</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/26/08</TD><TD>at New York Jets</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/02/08</TD><TD>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>FOX WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/09/08</TD><TD>at San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>3:15 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/16/08</TD><TD>New Orleans Saints</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>FOX* WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/23/08</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/30/08</TD><TD>at Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>3:15 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/07/08</TD><TD>at Denver Broncos</TD><TD>3:05 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/14/08</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/21/08</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/28/08</TD><TD>at Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* WIN</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

YEP GREAT START ONLY TO FAIL AND FINISH 9-7 AND OUT OF THE PLAYOFF PICTURE.

blueballs
06-14-2008, 06:07 AM
not only is Jared gone so is Law and Sapp
plus -knocked back Edwards and Pollard
with possible Surtain and Harris -change good

the Talking Can
06-14-2008, 06:32 AM
and what will you say when we are 6-2 to start?

<TABLE class=schedule width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time</TD><TD>Network</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/07/08</TD><TD>at New England Patriots</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/14/08</TD><TD>Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/21/08</TD><TD>at Atlanta Falcons</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>09/28/08</TD><TD>Denver Broncos</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/05/08</TD><TD>at Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/12/08</TD><TD>Bye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/19/08</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10/26/08</TD><TD>at New York Jets</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/02/08</TD><TD>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>FOX WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/09/08</TD><TD>at San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>3:15 PM</TD><TD>CBS LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/16/08</TD><TD>New Orleans Saints</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>FOX* WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/23/08</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11/30/08</TD><TD>at Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>3:15 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/07/08</TD><TD>at Denver Broncos</TD><TD>3:05 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/14/08</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* LOSS</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/21/08</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12/28/08</TD><TD>at Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD>12:00 PM</TD><TD>CBS* WIN</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

YEP GREAT START ONLY TO FAIL AND FINISH 9-7 AND OUT OF THE PLAYOFF PICTURE.

True Fans.......jesus....

ChiefsBlow
06-14-2008, 07:05 AM
You're not a very good actor. Your raiders won't be much better, AND have ****ed themselves for the foreseeable future. I would unbiasedly(?) say that I would rather be in the Chiefs position.

We got a QB that couldnt hit the side of a barn that weighs like 120 lbs. Our OL is still unproven. Our secondary needs help, we need a couple more LB's.

Our best player is turning 40 in Gonzo.

Really tho'... We couldnt even hold onto the best DE in the NFL.. whats that tell us? That when Dorsey blows up in the NFL that we'll be to cheap to resign him?

This is why we will always be a boring team that nobody outside our city cares to watch and it's evident that the NFL no matter what our record is always f*cks us on primetime games.

And I'm not a Raitards fan, I'm a pissed off Chief fans for them letting Allen get away

CupidStunt
06-14-2008, 07:17 AM
0-16? No way.

I think the Chiefs will be 5-11 and, by the end of the year, one of the "bad" teams that the "good" teams don't want to play. I'd be pleased with this.

This is about what I'm thinking right now. I don't know if some of the good teams will really fear playing us, but they'll certainly have to work harder for a "W" than they thought.

RNR
06-14-2008, 08:16 AM
0-16 is crazy talk IMO just as hard if not harder than 16-0. Oakland, KC, and Denver will all have a shot at 5-8 games. I would lay large coin and give odds to anyone taking 0-16 for the Chiefs or any other team.

milkman
06-14-2008, 08:17 AM
We got a QB that couldnt hit the side of a barn that weighs like 120 lbs. Our OL is still unproven. Our secondary needs help, we need a couple more LB's.

Our best player is turning 40 in Gonzo.

Really tho'... We couldnt even hold onto the best DE in the NFL.. whats that tell us? That when Dorsey blows up in the NFL that we'll be to cheap to resign him?

This is why we will always be a boring team that nobody outside our city cares to watch and it's evident that the NFL no matter what our record is always f*cks us on primetime games.

And I'm not a Raitards fan, I'm a pissed off Chief fans for them letting Allen get away

This team has sucked ass for the better part of 37 years and it took losing Allen for you to get bent?

Baby Lee
06-14-2008, 08:23 AM
This team has sucked ass for the better part of 37 years and it took losing Allen for you to get bent?

He's a tuxedo t-shirt vendor.

Fairplay
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
drinking coffee makes me go poop

SAUTO
06-14-2008, 03:26 PM
NO WAY WE'RE 0-16

kcchiefsus
06-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Hali? Not so much.
Pollard? Not so much.

I guess you could say the same for the New England Patriots.

Richard Seymour? Not any more.
Vince Wilfork? A nosetackle is not flashy.
Mike Vrabel? Solid, but not a difference maker.
Teddy Bruschi? Nope.
Ellis Hobbs? Nope.

How about we see what some promising rookies like Dorsey and Flowers can do on defense and how about we see what Hali can do now that he is hopefully healthy for the first time in his NFL career. I guarantee that Jared Allen was not the only reason for our 13th ranked defense last year.

TEX
06-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Not gonna go 0-16. We'll probably win 3. Herm has successfully bought himself another year after this one because of his "youth movement - rebuild" Nevermind that he backed into it when all was lost last year instead of starting out in rebuild mode from the beginning. Now THIS year is not about the record - it's about showing improvement. IMO, the team will go nowhere with Herm and Brodie leading the way. Not even gonna mention Carl...

KCTitus
06-14-2008, 07:24 PM
3-4 wins this season...my biggest question is when the losing streak ends...Im not so sure it comes prior to the bye.

More than six wins would require a few magic punt/ko returns ala 1997 or 2003 to win games.

Call it a youth movement or just suck-a coaching/front office. It doesnt matter.

ChiefsBlow
06-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I see 4 wins

Now what happens when LJ ends up being disgrunteled and traded and Gonzo retires?

And lets not forget the awful season Croyle will have?

Oh God....

I see 3 years of complete dogshit

KCTitus
06-14-2008, 08:49 PM
3 years? Impossible, Carl's only around 2 more years. Once Carl's gone, KC's gonna be in the SB.

Ugly Duck
06-14-2008, 10:42 PM
We got a QB that couldnt hit the side of a barn that weighs like 120 lbs.

Isn't Brobie closer to 140?

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Images/DavisAl.jpg

Ugly Duck
06-14-2008, 11:22 PM
IMO, the team will go nowhere with Herm and Brodie leading the way.

ColdHardFootballFacts.co has a tribute to Herm:

We would be remiss if we did not pay homage to Herm Edwards, the Chiefs and the least efficient offense in football this year.

The Chiefs needed 19.60 Yards Per Point Scored, or 137.2 yards to score the equivalent of a TD and extra point. That's 59 yards more than the No. 1 Patriots needed to score seven points.

It's been quite a decline for the once-power Kansas City offense, a decline we boldly predicted the second the Chiefs hired Edwards to replace Dick Vermeil back in 2005. There was one transition year from 2005 to 2006 in which the Kansas City offense under Edwards declined only marginally. But this year it was a total free fall.

In 2004, under Vermeil, the Chiefs ranked No. 7 in Scoreability (13.86 YPPS)
In 2005, their last year under Vermeil, the Chiefs ranked No. 17 in Scoreability Index (15.36 YPPS)
In 2006, their first year under Edwards, the Chiefs ranked No. 17 in Scoreability (15.54 YPPS)
In 2007, their most recent year under Edwards, the Chiefs ranked No. 32 in Scoreability (19.6 YPPS)

Congratulations, Herm. And remember, when you play to win the game! it helps to put the ball in the end zone from time to time.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_986_Scoreability_Index.html

chiefs1111
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
How many games do you guys think we will win on the road this year???? Will we get at least one???? I think most of us are in agreement that we will at most win no more than between 3 and 5 games this year,so many of them will be on the road??/

Hammock Parties
06-14-2008, 11:47 PM

We would be remiss if we did not pay homage to Herm Edwards, the Chiefs and the least efficient offense in football this year.

The Chiefs needed 19.60 Yards Per Point Scored, or 137.2 yards to score the equivalent of a TD and extra point. That's 59 yards more than the No. 1 Patriots needed to score seven points.

It's been quite a decline for the once-power Kansas City offense, a decline we boldly predicted the second the Chiefs hired Edwards to replace Dick Vermeil back in 2005. There was one transition year from 2005 to 2006 in which the Kansas City offense under Edwards declined only marginally. But this year it was a total free fall.

In 2005, their last year under Vermeil, the Chiefs ranked No. 17 in Scoreability Index (15.36 YPPS)
In 2006, their first year under Edwards, the Chiefs ranked No. 17 in Scoreability (15.54 YPPS)
In 2007, their most recent year under Edwards, the Chiefs ranked No. 32 in Scoreability (19.6 YPPS)

Congratulations, Herm. And remember, when you play to win the game! it helps to put the ball in the end zone from time to time.

I really hate ignorant crap like this. Vermeil and Carl are to blame for the decline of the offense, not Herm.

milkman
06-15-2008, 06:42 AM
I really hate ignorant crap like this. Vermeil and Carl are to blame for the decline of the offense, not Herm.

There are things Herman ****ing Edwards and Mike Solari could have done, like being a little less predictable, to keep the fall from being so steep and drastic, but, yeah, you're right in the big picture of things.

blueballs
06-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I see 4 wins

Now what happens when LJ ends up being disgrunteled and traded and Gonzo retires?

Oh God....

Try stand up

Pasta Little Brioni
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM

:rolleyes: riiiiight...willie roaf was still at LT, will shields was at RG and Trent green was our QB healthy and playing at a pro bowl level last year just like the dicky V days!!!!!!

beach tribe
06-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I see 4 wins

Oh God....

Go back to the mange troll.

I did the same act over there last year.

R&GHomer
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
For ****s sake people. I'm not saying Herm is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. But shit, the man has taken teams into the playoff's and has actually won. I love the direction Herm is taking this team, we will NOT go 0-16. In fact I think this team is going to surprise a few people. Take it to the bank.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-15-2008, 04:21 PM
For ****s sake people. I'm not saying Herm is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. But shit, the man has taken teams into the playoff's and has actually won. I love the direction Herm is taking this team, we will NOT go 0-16. In fact I think this team is going to surprise a few people. Take it to the bank.

People don't like conservative play calling plain and simple. He's had winning records and made the playoffs before, but people talk like he can't even win a game. This team will go as far as it's offensive line and QB take it. If the play in those 2 areas improve the record will improve. If they are as bad as last year we'll blow again. Not really rocket science, but to blame Herm is easier i guess.

Buehler445
06-15-2008, 05:14 PM
People don't like conservative play calling plain and simple. He's had winning records and made the playoffs before, but people talk like he can't even win a game. This team will go as far as it's offensive line and QB take it. If the play in those 2 areas improve the record will improve. If they are as bad as last year we'll blow again. Not really rocket science, but to blame Herm is easier i guess.

And DL and secondary. If we can't stop the run, it's gonna be ugly. If our secondary leaks like a sieve, it's going to be ugly.

R&GHomer
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not worried about the DL. Loosing Allen sucks, but IMHO it was the right thing to do. The secondary is a big question and how long it takes for them to get up to speed, but I honestly think we have the talent. It's going to hurt, but this is going to be a strong team when it's all said and done.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-15-2008, 05:19 PM
And DL and secondary. If we can't stop the run, it's gonna be ugly. If our secondary leaks like a sieve, it's going to be ugly.

Yeah i agree with ya i was just focusing on the offense. I have hope that dorsey can help ease the loss of Jared and that the D can at least be respectable again.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
The thing about the defense last year was that they finished around what 13th last year and that isn't bad considering how many possesions they had to face due to the offense being so incompetent. The more drives an offense can sustain, the fewer possesions the D has to face, so an improved offense will help the D. Just think about how many games that the D only gave up 7 or less points at halftime. Now did the D get tired or maybe the other team outschemed em?? Can't answer that, but the O did the D no favors last year.

whoman69
06-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Our team has too many holes to discount another poor season, perhaps even worse than the last. The Dolphins proved last year that it would take a lot of luck to go 0-16.

ClevelandBronco
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry, twit. Your name doesn't come up here last. Not on my watch.

ClevelandBronco
06-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry, twit. Your name doesn't come up here last. Not on my watch.

(Mods: Feel free to clear my responses when you take out the trash.)

ClevelandBronco
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry, asshole. Your name doesn't come up here last. Not on my watch.

(Mods: Feel free to clear my responses when you take out the trash.)

rambleonthruthefog
06-15-2008, 10:15 PM
who gives a F about pre season projections?

how often are these guys right, any of them, anyway?

and predicting stats, giv me a F'n break.

beach tribe
06-16-2008, 06:23 AM
The thing about the defense last year was that they finished around what 13th last year and that isn't bad considering how many possesions they had to face due to the offense being so incompetent. The more drives an offense can sustain, the fewer possesions the D has to face, so an improved offense will help the D. Just think about how many games that the D only gave up 7 or less points at halftime. Now did the D get tired or maybe the other team outschemed em?? Can't answer that, but the O did the D no favors last year.

You know, if we can run, and stop the run, we may win as many as 7 or 8 games. I really don't care about our win total next year, but winning helps guys get confidence.

I think we may be able to stop the run. Who knows about our running game.

Redrum_69
06-19-2008, 01:15 PM
0-16 would be AWESOME

This place would implode about the 5th game lost..

Carl Peterson would be gone..

and we'd have the first draft choice WOO HOO!!

BillyMaze
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I thought we had a great draft, surely that will be good enough for a couple of victories.

What I am really worried about, is Herm being able to make adjustments when the running game isn't there.

FAX
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
I thought we had a great draft, surely that will be good enough for a couple of victories.

What I am really worried about, is Herm being able to make adjustments when the running game isn't there.

This season presents a great opportunity for us fan people to evaluate the relative value of youth and energy vs. experience on the gridiron, Mr. BillyMaze.

I won't be disappointed if our young guys play with heart for four, full quarters. But, if Herm starts that crap of packing it in with 3 minutes left again, I will be extremely upset.

FAX

Chief Faithful
06-19-2008, 02:36 PM

What I am really worried about, is Gailey being able to make adjustments when the running game isn't there.

FYP

Sure-Oz
06-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I'd say 7-9 is more likely, 0-16 riiiight

King_Chief_Fan
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM

hmmmmmm.......that means if the O would have done thier job, Allen wouldn't have had as many chances to sack the QB and therefore have less than 15. They probably played 19 games worth of defense and 6 games worth of offense. Maybe we won't miss Allen:hmmm:

beach tribe
06-19-2008, 03:17 PM
hmmmmmm.......that means if the O would have done thier job, Allen wouldn't have had as many chances to sack the QB and therefore have less than 15. They probably played 19 games worth of defense and 6 games worth of offense. Maybe we won't miss Allen:hmmm:

Allen did it in 14 games though.

FAX
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
We'll miss Allen. No question. He was working from the right side, though. If healthy, Hali should be able to pick up the slack, in my opinion.

Nevertheless, we're still the biggest damn two steps forward, three steps back franchise of all times.

FAX

unothadeal
11-25-2008, 09:19 AM

This.