PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Anyone wanting to see Black Superman, errr...I mean, Hancock?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2008, 01:09 AM
It looks pretty good.

I must say though, it is kind of funny in an odd way. It strikes me as an unintended comedy, but not. If that makes any sense. I'm not being racist or nothing, but wouldn't a black guy act just like that if he had Superman's powers? lol ;) The movie is genius lol.

I would've called it Black Superman...:)

06-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Well, they had to get cock in the title somehow.

KcMizzou
06-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Hmmmm... I was just thinking "Generic Super Hero"

Might wanna work those issues out, car pooper.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, they had to get cock in the title somehow.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Hmmmm... I was just thinking "Generic Super Hero"

Might wanna work those issues out, car pooper.

lol am I right though? In a comical sense? A black guy that drinks, doesn't give a shit, and has those powers but is not using them for good? It just seems comedic to me. It's going to be hard to watch the movie as just an action movie, and not a comedy for some reason lol

stumppy
06-14-2008, 03:56 AM
lol am I right though? In a comical sense? A black guy that drinks, doesn't give a shit, and has those powers but is not using them for good? It just seems comedic to me. It's going to be hard to watch the movie as just an action movie, and not a comedy for some reason lol

From the previews I've seen it looks like a comedy to me.

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2008, 04:22 AM
From the previews I've seen it looks like a comedy to me.

action/comedy

the Talking Can
06-14-2008, 06:08 AM
“We had statutory rape up until three weeks ago,” Mr. Berg said, describing just one of the elements that has turned “Hancock” into an exercise in brinkmanship.

Sipping coffee in a studio kitchenette, having finally been allowed through the gate, three-day growth and worn Macalester Scots T-shirt notwithstanding, he spoke with a candor usually reserved for the retrospective DVD commentary.

The film, he said, remained surprisingly sexual, violent and true in spirit to an original script that was viewed as brilliant but unmakable when its creator, Vincent Ngo, first circulated it more than a decade ago under the title “Tonight, He Comes.”

Keeping it that way became what Mr. Berg called “an epic game of chicken.” The filmmakers, for instance, long ago conceded that their hero should not get drunk with a 12-year-old. But their concession was a bargaining chip, aimed at keeping a similar situation with a 17-year-old in the final version, which was still weeks from being locked as Mr. Berg spoke in April. Another touchy area, Mr. Berg said, involved flying, never mind driving, under the influence."

By Mr. Berg’s lights the executives became comfortable with the film only recently. That occurred when they settled on a marketing approach that played down drama in favor of action and humor. In one of the trailer’s highlights Mr. Smith heaves a beached whale out to sea and smashes a sailboat.

“The ad campaign for this movie is much friendlier than the film,” Mr. Berg noted.

“This is about why Superman can’t get a date,” Mr. Goldsman said, speaking of Warner’s reluctance to make a movie that dares to parody one of its most enduring characters. Hancock, he explained, cannot spend the night with a woman he meets at a party. “The physical impracticalities of this, this is what we play with,” he said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/movies/moviesspecial/04ciep.html

Deberg_1990
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
It looks good. Its probably going to make alot of $$$ no doubt. I dont like how the trailer basically gives you the entire story from beginning to end. They probably had to do that though since its an original character and not an established superhero.

I trust Berg. The Kingdom, Friday Night Lights and The Rundown were all very solid pics.

CoMoChief
06-14-2008, 08:32 AM
I wanna see it.

Though the best superhero movie so far this year has been Ironman.

Just saw Hulk last night and liked everything about it but the end, though they ended it that way to leave it open for another one.

The Dark Knight though I think is gonna blow all of these movies out of the water. Batman is a little more popular superhero so that helps I guess.

mesmith31
06-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow....the Rundown was a solid pick...Really?....Really!

Adept Havelock
06-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks like a couple of hours of mindless yucks. I'll probably catch it.

“This is about why Superman can’t get a date,”

This was already addressed by Larry Niven, in his hilarious short piece "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex".

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

Easy 6
06-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Even though i think Will Smith has come a long way as an actor, i have no desire at all to see this.

Silly as it sounds, i prefer superheroes to be taken a 'lil more seriously.

I'm sure it'll be a big hit though.

Deberg_1990
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow....the Rundown was a solid pick...Really?....Really!

Im not saying it was "No Country for Old Men" or anything like that.

In the context of its genre (B movie, action star vehicle) it was a well made flick.

Easy 6
06-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Im not saying it was "No Country for Old Men" or anything like that.

In the context of its genre (B movie, action star vehicle) it was a well made flick.

Totally agree, it was a fun flic...the Rock was much better than i expected.

NewChief
06-14-2008, 11:05 AM
It looks pretty good.

I must say though, it is kind of funny in an odd way. It strikes me as an unintended comedy, but not. If that makes any sense. I'm not being racist or nothing, but wouldn't a black guy act just like that if he had Superman's powers? lol ;) The movie is genius lol.

I would've called it Black Superman...:)

I didn't realize that was the premise. Sounds like something Chapelle would write. If it's not supposed to be funny, I can definitely see how it would feel unintentionally funny.

Brock
06-14-2008, 11:07 AM
IMO, it has a chance to be Will Smith's first good movie.

noa
06-14-2008, 11:09 AM
The preview does look funny, but I read that they were doing re-shoots very recently, which is usually a bad sign when a movie is that close to release.

Deberg_1990
06-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Hell Noo! :)

Rausch
06-14-2008, 12:24 PM

You weren't impressed with his performance in Ali?...:spock:

Deberg_1990
06-14-2008, 12:33 PM

No love for "Made in America" ?? ROFL

Brock
06-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Guess not.:spock:

SPATCH
06-14-2008, 12:42 PM
i'm not payin to watch it... looks pretty dumb to me... and i'm gettin sick of seein those stupid previews they're showing during the finals...

i think "jumper" started this whole trend. its lame.

guess we're going to have to start getting used to the NBA, MLB, NFL whoring themselves out to these crappy movies. looks like its here to stay

Deberg_1990
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Ouch. Just got panned today in Variety. Its short too. Only 92 minutes. Sounds like the trailer really did show the whole movie.

http://www.variety.com/VE1117937497.html

irishjayhawk
06-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Ouch. Just got panned today in Variety. Its short too. Only 92 minutes. Sounds like the trailer really did show the whole movie.

http://www.variety.com/VE1117937497.html

From what I hear, Bateman is a treat. And he dropped a bomb about Arrested Development movie again in the UK.

POND_OF_RED
06-25-2008, 12:14 AM
There actually is a movie called Black Supaman starring Master P himself. I rented it from blockbuster a few weeks ago. One of the worst movies I have ever seen but that's what I was expecting. Some crackhead sells Master P a cape with a blunt that makes him have superpowers. I thought it had potential to be funny but it turned out to be a 90 minute waste of my life. The cover alone made me want to rent it for some reason.
http://hollyhoodcinema.com/thumbnail.php?gd=2&src=entrantFiles/10/profile1.jpg&maxw=150

BWillie
06-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I wanna see it.

Though the best superhero movie so far this year has been Ironman.

Just saw Hulk last night and liked everything about it but the end, though they ended it that way to leave it open for another one.

The Dark Knight though I think is gonna blow all of these movies out of the water. Batman is a little more popular superhero so that helps I guess.

Dude, Batman isn't a super hero. He's just a insanely rich guy who's pissed of. He has no powers whatsoever except banging chicks, being a dbag, and having more money than Donald Trump.

I'll probably go see a matinee of Hancock. Only 5 bucks at AMC movie theaters. Come on, you know everybody is going to go see it. It's a 4th of July weekend movie with Will Smith. 4th of July movies and Will Smith go together like lube and a 87 pounds chick with a small vagina.

FELT
06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
The initial trailers I've seen didn't do the movie any justice, but the trailer they showed before "The Incredible Hulk" IMO made the movie look like it could be good.

I think its funny that the new movie fad at the moment is superhero movies. :hmmm:

RNR
06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
I thought he was pretty good in that. I guess I am pretty simple as I have enjoyed his movies.

chiefs1111
06-25-2008, 08:30 AM
I want to see it as well,but i think i will wait till it comes out on dvd.....

Ultra Peanut
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... Why is she Black Debbie? (http://www.guba.com/watch/2000908971)

What if everyone went around calling you White Stormy?

KC Kings
06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
The preview does look funny, but I read that they were doing re-shoots very recently, which is usually a bad sign when a movie is that close to release.

I will never trust another Will Smith preview after I am Legend. That has to be in the top ten best preview/worst movie ratio.

Besides, no black super hero will ever be able to fill the shoes of Blankman.

Deberg_1990
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I

Ummm Blade anyone??

Sure-Oz
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Will Smith is money and entertaining usually, i'll likely see it.

Sure-Oz
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I will never trust another Will Smith preview after I am Legend. That has to be in the top ten best preview/worst movie ratio.

I loved blankman, cracked my shit up

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Um, it's an intended comedy. Jason Bateman is gold.

keg in kc
06-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I saw a new (to me at least) trailer today, and the impression I got was that hooking up with a chick makes him lose his power.

Sucks to be him.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I saw a new (to me at least) trailer today, and the impression I got was that hooking up with a chick makes him lose his power.

Sucks to be him.Don't we all lose some of our power when we hook up with a chick? What exactly do you do "after" that doesn't include sleep?

bowener
06-25-2008, 02:06 PM

I dont know the story, but I am thinking it is closer tied to the vast amount of responsibilities that would undoubtedly be hefted upon your shoulders unfairly. Why should you have to fly around and get harmed saving idiots from themselves or natural disasters? Super evil geniuses are different, but flash floods... come on. Plus, take into consideration the amount of lawsuits that you could accumulate due to the fact that you are just a normal citizen (status wise) of the USA... so you are open to all suits, including damaging public property... I think I wouldnt give a shit and just drink myself stupid all day too.

Sorry if this was covered in any other posts... Im lazy and wanting to drink myself stupid.

keg in kc
06-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Im lazy and wanting to drink myself stupid.Well, that shouldn't take long...

:fire:

The Franchise
06-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Dude, Batman isn't a super hero. He's just a insanely rich guy who's pissed of. He has no powers whatsoever except banging chicks, being a dbag, and having more money than Donald Trump.

I'll probably go see a matinee of Hancock. Only 5 bucks at AMC movie theaters. Come on, you know everybody is going to go see it. It's a 4th of July weekend movie with Will Smith. 4th of July movies and Will Smith go together like lube and a 87 pounds chick with a small vagina.

Did you just call Batman a douchebag?

J Diddy
06-25-2008, 02:29 PM

um okay

ROFL