PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Have you ever seen someone drive...

OnTheWarpath15
06-16-2008, 06:31 PM
off with the gas nozzle still attached to their car?

So I'm coming home from a practice session at the driving range about a half hour ago, and come up on a QuikTrip just as a STL County cop comes tearing out of the parking lot, going the same direction as me.

About 2 miles later, right near the front of our subdivision, I see what he was in such a hurry for.

Some woman had driven off with the nozzle still attached to the car, and had ripped the hose right from the pump.

The cop had her pulled over, and had the nozzle and about 5 feet of hose in his hand...

Anyone else ever seen some dumbass do this at a gas station?

Cntrygal
06-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I haven't seen anyone do it... but I've heard of it. I wonder if she paid for her gas or if she was trying to be extra quick about getting away....

Silock
06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I saw this a few years ago when I lived in Nashville. Luckily, the lady stopped, but it still ripped the hose off. I just ran over and put my hand in the nozzle-hang-up-thingy (not sure on the technical term for it) until the attendant shut the thing off.

Man, that lady was RED from embarrassment lol

OnTheWarpath15
06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen anyone do it... but I've heard of it. I wonder if she paid for her gas or if she was trying to be extra quick about getting away....

I'm guessing she paid for it, as this particular QT makes you either pre-pay, use a QT fast-cash card, or a credit card before the pump is even turned on.

Blindside58
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I watched this happen at a QT one morning about 6:00am...Most people haven't had their coffee at that point. The douche pulled away from the pump and I heard a big bang and looked over and he jumped out of his car and I yelled "Wake Up!" and he yelled back "No $hit!" shaking his head in agreement with a big smile on his face. He then proceeded to pull the pump out of his gas tank and drop it in the middle of the parking lot and bolted away in apparent embarrassment.

StcChief
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
probably be on 10pm news.... or more scenes from Clarksville sandbaggin'

Bugeater
06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
That happened a couple times with some guys I used to work with. They'd take a company van to the gas station, start the pump, and instead of staying out and rounding the amount off when it was done, they'd go inside and wait for it to just click off and then give the clerk the company CC to pay for it, then went back out and got in the van and left with the nozzle still attached. Dumbasses.

Skip Towne
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
That happened to Tommy Morrison, the boxer. He didn't even know it till the cop stopped him. Drunk again.

Rain Man
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I must admit, I almost did this a couple of years ago. I was gassing up and got distracted by something, and then got back in my car and was just about to turn the key over when all of a sudden I thought, "Wait a minute..." A narrow escape, it was.

doomy3
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I did this once. Had a car full of people, paid with the credit card, and started pumping gas. Got involved in a conversation, went to leave, and there was a loud POP. Thought something hit my car or I ran over something or something. When I made it to the end of the parking lot, I looked to see what was wrong and saw the nozzle still attached to my tank. I took it out, set it on the ground, and got the hell out of there.

Fairplay
06-16-2008, 08:10 PM
I've never seen it, but im surprised it doesn't happen more often actually.

RJ
06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Happened to a buddy of mine and he wasn't even drunk. Embarrassed, but not drunk.

I once drove off from the bank drive-thru with that plastic canister thing. A few hours later I was puzzled about what that thing was in the passenger seat of my car. I felt a little foolish when I returned it.

CoMoChief
06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I feel ****ing retarded for saying this.

But within the past year, about 3 times, I've put something on top of my car so I could get my hands free, then forget about what I put up there and get in the car and drive off. Thus, the item on the roof of my car rolls and falls off while I'm driving.

Lost a pair of nice shoes, another pair of shoes that replaced the ones I lost previously because of the same retarded move on my part (no bullshit you can't make that up) and a wallet which was luckily returned to me.

kcxiv
06-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I took my friends brand new car to the car wash and when i was Vacuuming the insides i left the floor mats at the car wash. Went back and they were gone. I felt like a retard. lol

Only goofy thing i have done like that.

DaFace
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Do they make those hoses with some sort of a quick-release to prevent permanent damage when this happens, or do they have to completely replace the hose?

Hydrae
06-16-2008, 09:11 PM

But within the past year, about 3 times, I've put something on top of my car so I could get my hands free, then forget about what I put up there and get in the car and drive off. Thus, the item on the roof of my car rolls and falls off while I'm driving.

Lost a pair of nice shoes, another pair of shoes that replaced the ones I lost previously because of the same retarded move on my part (no bullshit you can't make that up) and a wallet which was luckily returned to me.

So you didn't learn the first time? Is your name Javon Walker by chance?

Sure-Oz
06-16-2008, 09:18 PM
No, but one time i got my gas and forgot to put the cap back on and left the thing open...the cap attached the lid part of the gas tank area...and the cap was a seperate cap with no wire attached to the actual gas hole...so i drove about 30 min 75mph with it like that and it never came off....i parked at my gf's pad and realized when i got out that i forgot to shut it cause i was in a hurry. Expected the cap to be long gone, but it was still there, just tightened it and shut it, like nothing happend :)

stlchiefs
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Do they make those hoses with some sort of a quick-release to prevent permanent damage when this happens, or do they have to completely replace the hose?

That was going to be my question. I'd have to imagine for safety purposes they have some tensioned quick release to prevent a major accident. I've never seen or done this, but I'd love to have the chance to watch someone.

smittysbar
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Yes they have a quick release built in.

smittysbar
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Dude, your smoking entirely to much. :LOL: ROFL

Rain Man
06-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Evelle: [about the balloons he just bought] These blow up into funny shapes and all?
Grocer: Well no... unless round is funny.

06-16-2008, 09:57 PM
She'll pay for that.

RJ
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Evelle: [about the balloons he just bought] These blow up into funny shapes and all?
Grocer: Well no... unless round is funny.

I suppose round can be funny. It's just a matter of perspective.

If you lived in the Dark Ages and you were a catapult operator, I bet the most common question people would ask is, "Can't you make it shoot farther?" "No, I'm sorry. That's as far as it shoots." - Jack Handy

Smed1065
06-16-2008, 10:25 PM
off with the gas nozzle still attached to their car?

So I'm coming home from a practice session at the driving range about a half hour ago, and come up on a QuikTrip just as a STL County cop comes tearing out of the parking lot, going the same direction as me.

About 2 miles later, right near the front of our subdivision, I see what he was in such a hurry for.

Some woman had driven off with the nozzle still attached to the car, and had ripped the hose right from the pump.

The cop had her pulled over, and had the nozzle and about 5 feet of hose in his hand...

Anyone else ever seen some dumbass do this at a gas station?

Yes I have.

There was 2 elderly women at the station in front of me and they had prepaid, left the gas pumping and just drove off. I was like no way and tried to yell to them they were stealing. LMAO

They left and never looked back. I was like WTF?

Yes, I had to go to another pump dang it........:cuss:

I figured they would hear the tearing and slinging of the nozzle and hose but no.

06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes I have.

There was 2 elderly women at the station in front of me and they had prepaid, left the gas pumping and just drove off. I was like no way and tried to yell to them they were stealing. LMAO

They left and never looked back. I was like WTF?

Yes, I had to go to another pump dang it........:cuss:

I figured they would hear the tearing and slinging of the nozzle and hose but no.

You didn't grab the hose and start filling up? :evil:

Smed1065
06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
You didn't grab the hose and start filling up? :evil:

It was leaving to fast and seemed to be empty.

LOL

I did wait to see if the pump kept pumping gas.

Ugly Duck
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I saw that happen years ago in Guerneville, CA. Lady drives off & the nozzle falls to the ground pumping gas all over the ground. Dude that was driving up sees what happened & jumps out of his car to shut off the nozzle. But his car didn't go fully into "Park" & starts driving off by itself. Dude starts chasing his car, but couldn't catch it till it crashed thru the plate glass of a storefront. It was like watching a stupid scene in a bad movie.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I saw that happen years ago in Guerneville, CA. Lady drives off & the nozzle falls to the ground pumping gas all over the ground. Dude that was driving up sees what happened & jumps out of his car to shut off the nozzle. But his car didn't go fully into "Park" & starts driving off by itself. Dude starts chasing his car, but couldn't catch it till it crashed thru the plate glass of a storefront. It was like watching a stupid scene in a bad movie.

ROFL That would have been a tough one to script.

06-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Oh man that is friggin funny. ROFL

SLAG
06-17-2008, 12:56 AM
about 4 years ago I watched a guy leave an apartment early one morning after an apparent night of drinking... he had his sunglasses on top of his head.. he drives through my parking lot to the ally.. in the same direction as the sun.. and Drives straight into a telephone pole...
It was SOOOO funny..

BWillie
06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
In Washington you can't even pump your own gas.

06-17-2008, 01:22 AM
WHAT?:spock:

BWillie
06-17-2008, 01:26 AM
WHAT?:spock:

Oregon I mean. One of the two. I think it was maybe a law actually enacted by the gas station owners themselves. All it takes is a lit cigarette, or a stupid lady like this to cause a bunch of damage to your gas pumps. I bet it helps on their insurance too. As far as I know, the gas isn't even more expensive.

06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Oregon I mean. One of the two. I think it was maybe a law actually enacted by the gas station owners themselves. All it takes is a lit cigarette, or a stupid lady like this to cause a bunch of damage to your gas pumps. I bet it helps on their insurance too. As far as I know, the gas isn't even more expensive.

As long as it isn't more expensive to the consumer then I guess it is OK. That would drive me nuts though.

Frosty
06-17-2008, 07:36 AM

It isn't. They are generally cheaper than here in Washington. :spock:

Demonpenz
06-17-2008, 07:39 AM
i hear about it all the time. people in too big of a hurry. I am surprised I haven't done it before

Ugly Duck
06-17-2008, 08:03 AM
I think it was maybe a law actually enacted by the gas station owners themselves. All it takes is a lit cigarette, or a stupid lady like this to cause a bunch of damage to your gas pumps. I bet it helps on their insurance too.

Its an employment law in Oregon. Keeps people employed.

Demonpenz
06-17-2008, 08:07 AM
I need to work in oregan. My guideance counceler told me my future job would be pumping gas. It would be like my destany

Brock
06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Its an employment law in Oregon. Keeps people employed.

Seems like you could just pay them to stay home.

"Bob" Dobbs
06-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Last time I was out east, New Jersey was the same way.

Ugly Duck
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Seems like you could just pay them to stay home.

Seems less like welfare when you make them hang around the gas station for a while.

Frosty
06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
My wife grew up in Oregon. We then moved to Washington state thirteen years ago and she still doesn't like to fill up by herself. I think she has filled up the car twice in that time. :rolleyes:

caffeinated_virus
06-17-2008, 10:21 AM
You mean like this:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4720/gashoseem2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sully
06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Seen it?
No.

Done it?

Yes...

Jilly
06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Seen it?
No.

Done it?

Yes...

I was waiting for you to chime in here!

Fish
06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
No offense to those who have done this..... but how the hell could you be absent minded enough or too busy to forget something attached to your vehicle? Especially something that was likely the sole reason you pulled your vehicle off the road for...

That's like going to the movies, and forgetting to watch the movie. Or going to the doctors office and making it to the waiting room, then leaving before seeing a doctor....

I'm a very methodical person, so this behavior just fascinates the shit out of me. Those that have done this.... do you also forget other shit like where you parked?

Sully
06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
No offense to those who have done this..... but how the hell could you be absent minded enough or too busy to forget something attached to your vehicle? Especially something that was likely the sole reason you pulled your vehicle off the road for...

That's like going to the movies, and forgetting to watch the movie. Or going to the doctors office and making it to the waiting room, then leaving before seeing a doctor....

I'm a very methodical person, so this behavior just fascinates the shit out of me. Those that have done this.... do you also forget other shit like where you parked?

Here's what happened with me.
I was driving to south Florida, alone, without stopping. I had spent the 2 days before I left in Columbia with friends, and we did our fair share of not sleeping that weekend.

So I was well into my drive and stopped at a truck stop, put the nozzle in to gas up, and went inside to use the bathroom and buy something to eat. I was in for quite a while, as I wasted time playing a couple of arcade games to try and wake up. Once I felt fully awake, I went out to my Jeep, got in, and drove of. I didn't make it out of the parking lot before I realized what I had done. So I took the hose back to the pump and holstered it, and went inside to talk to the guy. I run in, frantically, and tell him I accidentally drove off with the hose attached, scared as hell about what I'm going to owe for it. Without looking up from the magazine he's reading, he simply says, Yeah... I saw that. Just put it back."

So that was it.
No excuse really, other than it was 2 or 3 in the morning, and I'd been driving since 8 the previous morning, and I was batty as hell.