PDA

View Full Version : Royals i still like the direction the royals are going

Mama Hip Rockets
06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
the royals are playing the cardinals, giants, rockies, cardinals again, and orioles to finish out this month. there is definitely potential for a string of victories there. they can make up some serious ground in that time if they put some wins together, and they are only 10 games behind as it is.

even though the royals have been awful this year, i still like the direction the team is moving in. with the exception of jimmy gobble, every time a player has consistently been awful, they have either been cut, sent to the minors, or benched. nomo was cut, tomko was cut, pena was benched, gload was benched, butler was sent to the minors, peralta was sent to the minors. a few years ago, those kinds of things didn't happen.

davies replacing tomko in the rotation looks like a huge upgrade, and the royals seem to have a very solid pitching staff now, especially if meche and bannister pitch up to their capabilities. the offense has been scoring more runs lately, especially with aviles in the lineup instead of pena.

the royals won't be winning any championships this year, but i think they are definitely still going in the right direction.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
it always feels dam good to beat the cardinals

CoMoChief
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
the royals are playing the cardinals, giants, rockies, cardinals again, and orioles to finish out this month. there is definitely potential for a string of victories there. they can make up some serious ground in that time if they put some wins together, and they are only 10 games behind as it is.

even though the royals have been awful this year, i still like the direction the team is moving in. with the exception of jimmy gobble, every time a player has consistently been awful, they have either been cut, sent to the minors, or benched. nomo was cut, tomko was cut, pena was benched, gload was benched, butler was sent to the minors, peralta was sent to the minors. a few years ago, those kinds of things didn't happen.

davies replacing tomko in the rotation looks like a huge upgrade, and the royals seem to have a very solid pitching staff now, especially if meche and bannister pitch up to their capabilities. the offense has been scoring more runs lately, especially with aviles in the lineup instead of pena.

the royals won't be winning any championships this year, but i think they are definitely still going in the right direction.

The Royals will NEVER win another Championship in our lifetime. Not with Glass as the owner.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
The Royals will NEVER win another Championship in our lifetime. Not with Glass as the owner.

oh okay.