PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports CUBS at it again

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
2 long balls in the inning so far,now up 5-0 over the Chi-Sox and going for the

SWEEP!!!!!

Frazod
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
It'll just be that much sweeter when they die as usual at the end of the year. The louder they bluster, the louder they cry.

Ultra Peanut
06-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Joe Morgan with his Banks Boulevard (http://www.desipio.com/?p=1412) bullshit again on the E-Pat homer. I think he's actually spewed that made-up "anecdote" more times than the number of times Ernie even hit a ball into the basket -- including batting practice.

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 08:01 PM
It'll just be that much sweeter when they die as usual at the end of the year. The louder they bluster, the louder they cry.

I only hope that sometime before I check out I can either experience a Cubs WS win or a Chiefs SB win.

Frazod
06-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I only hope that sometime before I check out I can either experience a Cubs WS win or a Chiefs SB win.

Christ, don't you get enough pain from the Chiefs? Why would you bother with the Cubs?

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2008, 08:04 PM
*Yawn* Get it done in the postseason. Would love a Cards-Cubs NLCS :eek:

Frazod
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
*Yawn* Get it done in the postseason. Would love a Cards-Cubs NLCS :eek:

Can you imagine the how much the pain would ratchet up if WE knocked them out of the playoffs? They'd be jumping off the top of Sears Tower in droves. :evil:

luv
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not a Cubs fan, but ya gotta respect them this year. Maybe it's they're year after a century. Man I can't wait to tour Wrigley in August!

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Can you imagine the how much the pain would ratchet up if WE knocked them out of the playoffs? They'd be jumping off the top of Sears Tower in droves. :evil:

Well I tell you i've been skeptical of the Cards all year, but even when it looks like they are gonna come back to earth do to the injuries, they take 2 of 3 in boston and nearly get the sweep. Once they get healthy it'll be great and a good chance to have the matchup that will make your scenerio come true. HEHE.

teedubya
06-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I really like the Cubs, as well. 100 year anniversary World Series win would be EPIC!

Ultra Peanut
06-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Well I tell you i've been skeptical of the Cards all year, but even when it looks like they are gonna come back to earth do to the injuries, they take 2 of 3 in boston and nearly get the sweep. Once they get healthy it'll be great and a good chance to have the matchup that will make your scenerio come true. HEHE.Shouldn't you just worry about staying in front of Milwaukee for the wild card at this point?

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Christ, don't you get enough pain from the Chiefs? Why would you bother with the Cubs?

I've always liked the Cubs but when I went to college at CMSU and had to put up with some real dicks that were cards fans I grew to love the Cubs because those guys hated them so bad.Besides that I guess i just like underdogs.

BWillie
06-22-2008, 08:15 PM
The Cubs can kiss my ass. They are the lovable losers. So many people in Chicago just like the Cubs because it's the "trendy thing to do". Ozzie had it right. White Sox get shit on. They won the World Series and nobody really cared.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Shouldn't you just worry about staying in front of Milwaukee for the wild card at this point?

Ya, Milwaukee is on fire right now no doubt. Should be a good race. You just can't deny the energy that Cubs-Cards NLCS would have.

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
At least a Cubs win tonight can pull the Royals a game closer

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I really like the Cubs, as well. 100 year anniversary World Series win would be EPIC!

Honestly, the Cubs are the best team in the National League right now and probably will be at the end of the regular season. The problem is come playoff time whatever can go wrong for them will go wrong (just like our Chiefs).

StcChief
06-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Honestly, the Cubs are the best team in the National League right now and probably will be at the end of the regular season. The problem is come playoff time whatever can go wrong for them will go wrong (just like our Chiefs).
yep. the only question will be who is this years, Bartman, Buckner,Durham....

Fairplay
06-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I like the Cubs. Hope their two studs get back on the field.

I'm rooting for them in the NL to go to the world series.

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I like the Cubs. Hope their two studs get back on the field.

I'm rooting for them in the NL to go to the world series.

Rays vs Cubs for me in the WS,that would be great to see

Fairplay
06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Rays vs Cubs for me in the WS,that would be great to see

Yeah.

That goat needs to be nothing but bad memories. Cubbies better win it or i would be pissed. Same as their fans. That hex is getting old.