PDA

View Full Version : Life I am really getting focking tired of rude people

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 09:13 PM
So last night we're at Uno Chicago or whatever it's called on The Plaza and we're seated on the patio just as 6 young ladies were seated next to us.So there's one waiter for the patio,he had 4 tables including ours.

He 's turned our order in(3 drinks) and begins taking the girls at the table next to us and it takes forever as they're asking this and that etc.Well we get our drinks about 10 minutes later and then the girls' drinks come shortly after.So we're ready to order food and our waiter is called to the girls' table and two of them don't like the Long Islands they've ordered and want something else,so our waiter obliges and apologizes to us and we say no problem.

Trying to make a long story short our waiter is doing his very best but these girls aren't satisfied with anything so our waiter gets the manager and he gets to take over the troublesome table.Fast forward to the meals being over and one of the girls starts in to the manager about the waiter and what she thought was rudeness and the like.

So I've had enough and speak out,"We thought he was a great waiter."

So the mouthpiece for the table looks at me and starts in," you may think so but you got your drinks and stuff before us and we were seated first etc etc."

"uh no" I reply,"we were seated at about the same time."

So then my mrs chimes in,"you've been doing nothing but griping the entire meal and we can't even enjoy our evening." and I'm like alright mrs Nzoner you go girl.

So,the girl looks back at the manager and now she wants a discount for her table.The waiter is standing by me and I say,"you watch they bitch all night and will get a discount and I'm sitting here being a good customer and will pay full boat."

Well the manager and waiter go inside the restaurant and I see them discussing the girls' check,then I hear ms mouthpiece," and by the way you why did you think you had to speak up when I was talking with the manager?" To which I reply,"you mean I stuck my nose where it didn't belong?"

"well yes" she says and I say," so just say that."

The manager returns at that time and I shit you not the discount isn't good enough.Well we are talking amongst ourselves (as the manager goes inside) about how good the appetizers were and my niece says,"yes THEY were" as ms mouthpiece passes by us spins and says,"YES THEY WERE WHAT?"

"We weren't discussing you okay" I reply and she goes in to work the manager for more of a discount.Well we didn't stick around to see what happened as I was ready to smack the rude bitch.

Sorry for the long read but if you made it this far thanks as I know you were probably looking for a knock down drag out only to get this ending.

Lastly,I really felt bad for the waiter and manager and could tell from the get-go that these girls were setting them up for trying to get something for nothing and unfortunately their rudeness paid off to some extent.

Deberg_1990
06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Great story, sucky ending. :)

But in all seriousness..... Your right, i cant stand people who are not thankful and nothing will ever please them.

Phobia
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Just pathetic.

Bugeater
06-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Sooo...were they hot?

stumppy
06-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Hmmmm, I'll bet she does the same thing at the movies. Wonder if she's related to a planeteer ?

:D

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 09:22 PM
I hope karma serves up a beatdown for those girls.

Hammock Parties
06-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I am really getting focking tired of people who don't use proper punctuation.

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Sooo...were they hot?

I'm not a prejudice man and I have to reply to your question with,they were quite large black girls.

banyon
06-22-2008, 09:25 PM
This "the customer is always right stuff" has given too many people a sense of entitlement. Seems like someone posted a good article about this a while back.

Hammock Parties
06-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I am really getting focking tired of racists.

stumppy
06-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm not a prejudice man and I have to reply to your question with,they were quite large black girls.

How could you tell ? Were they not adhereing to the dress code ?

milkman
06-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I hope those girls got some pubes in thier meals.

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I hope those girls got some pubes in thier meals.

I hope they got them stuck in their teeth.

StcChief
06-22-2008, 09:34 PM
get their name and put them on tthe exlude list there. I'm sure some video exists....
their first/last trip there.

QuikSsurfer
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/286c04d38e6f6d9ae4e86d315b56a802.gif

Bugeater
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Heh, in that case this thread is not worthless without pics.

Easy 6
06-22-2008, 09:45 PM
A rude dude is one thing...but a tableful of mouthy twats is quite another...WAY worse in many cases.

It sounds to me like you were as cordial as possible, i'm not sure i would've been able to keep your easygoing manner & your the better man for it.

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Heh, in that case this thread is not worthless without pics.

Racist

milkman
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I hope they got them stuck in their teeth.

Let's ask Joe if they had teeth.

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Let's ask Joe if they had teeth.

:LOL:

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 09:53 PM
This "the customer is always right stuff" has given too many people a sense of entitlement. Seems like someone posted a good article about this a while back.

Yeah,the waiter was pissed at the manager for kissing their ass,he knew from the onset what was going to happen.

LiL stumppy
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I hear ya. I work at a Paintball field on the weekends. I have to babysit around 50-100 people every sat/ and Sunday and make sure there aren't any fights and no one looses an eye. The field is on the North side and always seems to be the main commute for the North Side white trash club. Today was particularly bad, I had been going off 5 hours of sleep and had been working out side all day in the heat and towards the end of the day this fight gangster wanna be white trash chick came to play. She was around 275 lbs and was in her 20's. But was all gangstered out. As you may imagine one of the main rules at a paintball field is to keep your mask on in the designated firing area, and this is a rule ( for obvious insurance reasons) we enforce very strictly. She was about 20 ft away from me as I was reffing and took her mask off and I told her a good 4-5 (nicely) time to put it before I really yelled and got pissed at her. She then proceeded to flip me off and yell f this f that and take and then take her mask off and just walked in (between two games.) Now I have never had one inclination to every hit a girl in any way, never even has crossed my mined. But it was more than running through my head today. Not trying to hijack your thread, just needed to share with someone.:)

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I hear ya. I work at a Paintball field on the weekends. I have to babysit around 50-100 people every sat/ and Sunday and make sure there aren't any fights and no one looses an eye. The field is on the North side and always seems to be the main commute for the North Side white trash club. Today was particularly bad, I had been going off 5 hours of sleep and had been working out side all day in the heat and towards the end of the day this fight gangster wanna be white trash chick came to play. She was around 275 lbs and was in her 20's. But was all gangstered out. As you may imagine one of the main rules at a paintball field is to keep your mask on in the designated firing area, and this is a rule ( for obvious insurance reasons) we enforce very strictly. She was about 20 ft away from me as I was reffing and took her mask off and I told her a good 4-5 (nicely) time to put it before I really yelled and got pissed at her. She then proceeded to flip me off and yell f this f that and take and then take her mask off and just walked in (between two games.) Now I have never had one inclination to every hit a girl in any way, never even has crossed my mined. But it was more than running through my head today. Not trying to hijack your thread, just needed to share with someone.

You think you could take her? Sounds like she outweighs you.

LiL stumppy
06-22-2008, 10:21 PM
You think you could take her? Sounds like she outweighs you.

Probably not, thats why I kept my words to myself :(

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Probably not, thats why I kept my words to myself :(

Sometimes those big girls have 300 lb boyfriends.

petegz28
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Dude we had quite the 4some behind us at the game today. 1 very butch dyke that thought she was black, 2 other girls and some dude named carlos. Ok you are at a Royals game on a Sunday afternoon so paint me silly to see kids there. Specifically all around us. That didn't stop rebecca pecker-hater from dropping the f bomb here and there and here skank ho saying "oh shit" every time the giants hit the ball.

Among the conversation i did manage to glean that the butch dyke was hoping to get hooked up with a job at the sprint center on the event staff for $10 hr.

But she had something to say about everything, even during the flipping national anthem. SERIOUSLY!

FAX
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Fat girls are easy to defeat, Mr. LiL stumppy. But, you need to dig a hole, cover it with branches, and lay some fresh, glazed donuts on top. Once you have her captured, just ping her with rocks until she says, "uncle".

FAX

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
It sounds to me like you were as cordial as possible, i'm not sure i would've been able to keep your easygoing manner & your the better man for it.

I was biting my tongue wanting to say so much more.It's like they sat down and had the attitude,"k ya'll we here now and ya'll can wait until we finished with the waiter becuz we be special cuz we on the plaza and we just dare any ya'll to say sumpin."

LiL stumppy
06-22-2008, 10:26 PM
She was with 4 or 5 grown men, that helped with my decision to keep my mouth shut.

DeezNutz
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Fat girls are easy to defeat, Mr. LiL stumppy. But, you need to dig a hole, cover it with branches, and lay some fresh, glazed donuts on top. Once you have her captured, just ping her with rocks until she says, "uncle".

FAX

Is this similar to throwing flour on them and looking for the wet spot?

LiL stumppy
06-22-2008, 10:28 PM

FAX

lol true, wish I would have thought of that earlier.

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 10:30 PM

Twinkies work well too or so I hear.

LiL stumppy
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmm, what about a Kit Kat, thats all the resources I had.

Easy 6
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I was biting my tongue wanting to say so much more.It's like they sat down and had the attitude,"k ya'll we here now and ya'll can wait until we finished with the waiter becuz we be special cuz we on the plaza and we just dare any ya'll to say sumpin."

I'm getting angry just envisioning it.

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm getting angry just envisioning it.

I told the mrs I was proud of her for speaking up,she's normally the absolute nicest woman you could meet and these girls even pushed her too far.

Farzin
06-22-2008, 10:39 PM
That's just pathetic. Ignorant people scare me.

How old did they look?

Nzoner
06-22-2008, 10:41 PM
That's just pathetic. Ignorant people scare me.

How old did they look?

Early 20's,probably been legal to drink less than a year or two.

Farzin
06-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Early 20's,probably been legal to drink less than a year or two.

Looks like some college girls with no life maybe..

ChiefsCountry
06-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Work in retail, people are a pain in the ass. We had two guys in our store and we had some chick bitch us out that we couldnt help her quick enough, even though one of us had to run the cash register and the other was with people, not to mention other people in the store before her.

FAX
06-22-2008, 10:47 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean. Digging the hole and all requires prior planning. I suppose an easier and even faster way is just to throw a fresh, glazed donut in front of a speeding truck. That'll do it.

FAX

Hootie
06-22-2008, 10:56 PM
oh man NZONER...I feel you. Were they black? Not trying to be rude...but I worked at a Chicago restaurant and 80% of all black people who eat at restaurants are flat out ridiculous/rude. It's unbelievable. I have so many stories I don't even know where to start...and then almost none of them tip even for EXCELLENT service. And then the ones that do tip overtip out the wazoo because, and I'm not like this, but 3/4 of the waitstaff at my old restaurant just, by nature, gave horrible service to these tables...call it a stereotype, it is, but why bust your ass and then have to PAY to serve these annoying, rude, obnoxious people looking for any way to get something free...if a table runs up a $90 bill, the server at most restaurants has to pay 3% of that in tip share...so if you don't leave a tip the server is paying $2.70 to serve you...

And when a table starts complaining for no good reason like the one Nzoner described it totally throws you off your timing with other tables and it is really irritating.

The server isn't cooking the food...if you don't like your food, it's not a reason to not tip...a reason to not tip is if the server was rude, you didn't get a refill, etc...

I just hate how ignorant people are...if I try a dish I might not like at a restaurant, and I don't like it, I deal with it and move on...I see 40 year old adults fiddle around their dish with a fork, not eating, just HOPING I ask them if their food is ok so they can tell me 'yeah, it's ok' and then continue to mope like a 7 year old child...

Seriously, it happens. I find things like this funny...when people act ridiculous I have a good enough demeanor and I've been doing this for a while that it is more comedy than frustration...but in the restaurant industry a lot of people aren't as down to earth to me and I've seen several female servers break down and cry because people are so rude...can you believe that people can come to a public place and be so ridiculous they make a 19 or 20 year old girl cry because their food didn't taste well or they didn't get a refill? It's absurd.

Props to you for sticking up for your waiter, Nzoner...I guaranteed he appreciated it and the only reason most places give these customers discounts for being whiny bitches is to keep them from calling corporate...because if a chain gets a complaint corporate gets pissed and gives away free gift cards anyways...if I ever owned my OWN restaurant...man...these people would not be invited back. I don't care if it's bad for business...I'll keep the trash out.

banyon
06-22-2008, 10:59 PM
oh man NZONER...I feel you. Were they black? Not trying to be rude...but I worked at a Chicago restaurant and 80% of all black people who eat at restaurants are flat out ridiculous/rude. It's unbelievable. I have so many stories I don't even know where to start...and then almost none of them tip even for EXCELLENT service. And then the ones that do tip overtip out the wazoo because, and I'm not like this, but 3/4 of the waitstaff at my old restaurant just, by nature, gave horrible service to these tables...call it a stereotype, it is, but why bust your ass and then have to PAY to serve these annoying, rude, obnoxious people looking for any way to get something free...if a table runs up a $90 bill, the server at most restaurants has to pay 3% of that in tip share...so if you don't leave a tip the server is paying $2.70 to serve you...

And when a table starts complaining for no good reason like the one Nzoner described it totally throws you off your timing with other tables and it is really irritating.

The server isn't cooking the food...if you don't like your food, it's not a reason to not tip...a reason to not tip is if the server was rude, you didn't get a refill, etc...

I just hate how ignorant people are...if I try a dish I might not like at a restaurant, and I don't like it, I deal with it and move on...I see 40 year old adults fiddle around their dish with a fork, not eating, just HOPING I ask them if their food is ok so they can tell me 'yeah, it's ok' and then continue to mope like a 7 year old child...

Seriously, it happens. I find things like this funny...when people act ridiculous I have a good enough demeanor and I've been doing this for a while that it is more comedy than frustration...but in the restaurant industry a lot of people aren't as down to earth to me and I've seen several female servers break down and cry because people are so rude...can you believe that people can come to a public place and be so ridiculous they make a 19 or 20 year old girl cry because their food didn't taste well or they didn't get a refill? It's absurd.

I wonder what the black people thought of you if you have eaten in a black operated restaurant.

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:03 PM
a popular one with the long islands is they don't taste strong enough...listen yo...they aren't using Skol liquor in these...a good long island shouldn't taste strong...Man, shit drives me crazy...

Black dude comes walking up to me when I work in Chicago...he eats his entire salmon dish...and he's like 'yo dude, man...that salmon didn't taste right I'm feeling pretty sick...'

I'm like, 'oh yeah, anything I can do for you (blah blah blah)?'...and he responds with 'man the only thing I think that will make me feel better is a free dessert...'

AND HE WAS SERIOUS. And he got a free dessert...

Had a table with 4 black ladies...about 50+ in age...take their drink order and they order an appetizer...bring their drinks...they ask for some lemons...I bring them lemons on a napkin (GOD FORBID)...they freak out...then ask for some small plates for when their appetizer comes out...one of them has the tiniest chip in it...they acted like it was the end of the friggin' world...I'm not kidding...and I wasn't in the best mood so they are grilling me and I'm laughing and they're like, 'what?' And I'm never rude...and I go...ladies, seriously, I'll get you a new plate, I'm sorry, this isn't a big deal...

They get a manager immediately...I stand their while they bitch about lemons on a napkin, a chip in a plate, the fact they didn't have silverware immediately when they were sat (by the host)...they demand a new server and get a free appetizer...and then they tip one whole quarter at the very end of the meal to the waitress who got stuck with them.

You'd deal with 6-7 complaints per night in Chicago...and give away at least $100-$200 of free food...just because the clientelle was AWFUL. Pure trash...

I've worked in Normal now for almost a year, have yet to have ONE complaint...I don't care how racist this sounds...and even the black tables I get here usually always tip 10-20% (because they aren't ignorant morons like they are in Chicago)...but seriously, it's a servers worst nightmare when a black table is sat in their section...needy, price conscious, poor tipping nightmares.

Skip Towne
06-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I wonder what the black people thought of you if you have eaten in a black operated restaurant.

Bryant's help is rude to EVERYBODY.

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:07 PM

I don't care what they'd think of me, I'd tip properly and wouldn't act like a 7 year old child.

I work with black people who HATE serving black people...

I'm not a racist...but trust me, anyone that has ever served a table knows exactly what I'm talking about.

And yes, there are always exceptions to the rule and that's why I give every table I have, regardless of race, the same exact service...like I said, a small % of black people overtip, grossly, to make up for the large percentage of those who act like fools...and they don't want any pubes in their steaks.

Jenson71
06-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm like, 'oh yeah, anything I can do for you (blah blah blah)?'...and he responds with 'man the only thing I think that will make me feel better is a free dessert...'

AND HE WAS SERIOUS. And he got a free dessert...

Did you ever consider that black people are just very strategic and resourceful?

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:10 PM
It's not even the tipping that bothers me...I don't care if anyone ever tips me...it's not against the law to not tip...I make good tips from 95% of my tables...I can take a couple shitty tips and still make plenty of money...

What bothers me is the constant griping and attempts to get free food...that's not part of my job. You can run me back to the kitchen 30 times for extra ranch, sour cream...napkins...refills...I don't give a shit. Just stop bitching about the prices and stop bitching about the food...if you can't afford to eat out, don't do it. Hey, you brought two coupons, congrats...you can only use one and no, there aren't any exceptions...and yes, my manager will tell you the same thing.

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Did you ever consider that black people are just very strategic and resourceful?

It's just not how one should act.

I realize, I am a lucky person. I was raised to have manners in a public setting, and I was raised to have common sense in certain situations.

I promise you, 99% of the time one gets bad service...the server doesn't intentionally do it...no one looks at a table and says, "hey, I really think I'm going to try and piss that table off so I can make everything really awkward for myself!"

I mean, I see grown 45 year old white women DEMANDING to talk to managers so they can voice their extreme displeasure etc. etc. etc.

Are you kidding? Just don't tip or tip 10% and don't come back...why are you trying to get someone in trouble/fired/etc...

It's unbelievable the things I've seen people do because they didn't have a good experience at a $10 per head restaurant.

banyon
06-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't care what they'd think of me, I'd tip properly and wouldn't act like a 7 year old child.

I work with black people who HATE serving black people...

I'm not a racist...but trust me, anyone that has ever served a table knows exactly what I'm talking about.

And yes, there are always exceptions to the rule and that's why I give every table I have, regardless of race, the same exact service...like I said, a small % of black people overtip, grossly, to make up for the large percentage of those who act like fools...and they don't want any pubes in their steaks.

Are you kidding? You've acted like a 7 yr old child since you started posing on this forum.

My guess is they'd think "dumb ass white boy thinks he's better than all of us". That's certainly the tone of your post anyway.

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Are you kidding? You've acted like a 7 yr old child since you started posing on this forum.

My guess is they'd think "dumb ass white boy thinks he's better than all of us". That's certainly the tone of your post anyway.

Yawn.

This is the internet. You take it seriously, I do not. And for as much as I've acted like a 7 year old, you do the same thing...you're one of the biggest insulting, negative, cock sucking assholes on this board.

You have left at least 15-20 negative reps to me that have contained various insults.

Is that not acting like a 7 year old child?

Hypocrite?

ChieflySpeaking
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Big black girls in KC??? So, WTF can they play Left Tackle or not?

:)

kcxiv
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
They need to watch the movie "Waiting". After that, you will think twice about being mean to people who handle your food and drinks.

Kc's number 1 rule when going out. Be nice as humanly possible to people who handle your food. I dont care if they are jerks, i am being nice. lol

banyon
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Yawn.

This is the internet. You take it seriously, I do not. And for as much as I've acted like a 7 year old, you do the same thing...you're one of the biggest insulting, negative, cock sucking assholes on this board.

You have left at least 15-20 negative reps to me that have contained various insults.

Is that not acting like a 7 year old child?

Hypocrite?

Well I see you've really made no progress in this area.

Hootie
06-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Well I see you've really made no progress in this area.

About the response I expected from captain hypocrite...

banyon
06-22-2008, 11:44 PM
About the response I expected from captain hypocrite...

You win. Very mature. :thumb:

crazycoffey
06-23-2008, 01:57 AM
They need to watch the movie "Waiting"......

several of us watched that the other day. A big room full of 25 males for three weeks, bored out of our skulls during down time and we can't drink. Guess what happens, yes we started playing the "game"

brains, bat, and goat. we've even invented a few more.

POND_OF_RED
06-23-2008, 02:33 AM
What bothers me is the constant griping and attempts to get free food...

I'm not going to lie, I celebrate my birthday at numerous restaraunts several times a year. Does this make me a bad person?

kcxiv
06-23-2008, 02:58 AM
several of us watched that the other day. A big room full of 25 males for three weeks, bored out of our skulls during down time and we can't drink. Guess what happens, yes we started playing the "game"

brains, bat, and goat. we've even invented a few more.

I love that movie. I hadn't heard about it until a few months ago. haha, I dont know about playing the "game".

Midnight_Vulture
06-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Stupid women. I blame Sex and the City.

wutamess
06-23-2008, 07:25 AM
You could've paid $34 for 8 glasses of Lemonade at Ruth's Chris last night. (I thought it was free refills) :mad:

Nzoner
06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
You could've paid $34 for 8 glasses of Lemonade at Ruth's Chris last night. (I thought it was free refills) :mad:

Ouch.

Demonpenz
06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
How bad do you have to suck for nzoner to get pissed at you. That is like super mega double bitch

phisherman
06-23-2008, 08:18 AM

i thought you were watching what you eat roger?

those 8 glasses of lemonade probably had almost 200 calories apiece.

diet jokes aside, how the heck can you drink 8 glasses of anything during a meal?

wutamess
06-23-2008, 08:50 AM
i thought you were watching what you eat roger?

those 8 glasses of lemonade probably had almost 200 calories apiece.

diet jokes aside, how the heck can you drink 8 glasses of anything during a meal?

You know I drink like a fish plus my wife had like 1 or 2 herself. Plus they were like 8-12oz cups.
I wanted to start a fight in there (to get my $'s worth).
$160 on food is (for 2) just TOO MUCH!

Oh well. You only live once right?

hawkchief
06-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Should the antifreeze the waiter put in their pizza have kicked in by now?

Redrum_69
06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Cost of gas per gallon in St Joseph... $3.97
Round trip miles from St Joseph to the plaza... 150
halfway through dinner realizing it would have been better to go to sonic with the wife, buying a limeaid to go, and cruise the streets of St. Joseph ending up at the pony express museum parking lot making out with the wife.....priceless

Buddy Rich
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM
it's a fact that back people aren't tipping a white waiter and it's 50/50 as to whether they complain about food/service to get a discount. at a restaurant where my baby mama worked, they referred to black patrons as "Canadians". no waiter wanted the Canadian's tables (not even fellow Canadians).

tooge
06-23-2008, 09:23 AM
We all have bad days. Waiting tables isn't easy. They pretty much have to have pubes in my mashed potatoes for me to say anything. I do believe in karma though and those biatches will get theirs at some point

wutamess
06-23-2008, 09:23 AM
it's a fact that back people aren't tipping a white waiter and it's 50/50 as to whether they complain about food/service to get a discount. at a restaurant where my baby mama worked, they referred to black patrons as "Canadians". no waiter wanted the Canadian's tables (not even fellow Canadians).

Was she "back", or black rather?

Buddy Rich
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Was she "back", or black rather?

if by she you mean my wife, then no she's not black. she was at one point but that was before we met.

wutamess
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
It's just amazing how people assume they're black without having any proof or did i miss something?

Buddy Rich
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
It's just amazing how people assume they're black without having any proof or did i miss something?

see post 8

Deberg_1990
06-23-2008, 09:49 AM

You missed post # 8 from NZoner

Whats funny is, before he said anything, i pictured a couple of spoiled white women similiar to those "Sex in the City" hags.

Bowser
06-23-2008, 09:53 AM

Whats funny is, before he said anything, i pictured a couple of spoiled white women similiar to those "Sex in the City" hags.

Heh. Me too.

The only thing that sucks about being out in public is having to deal with the public.

Tiger's Fan
06-23-2008, 10:21 AM

You really just complained about people with a sense of entitlement? Really? Wow.

RJ
06-23-2008, 10:24 AM

Yep, I had a similar mental image.

RJ
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM

LMAO

Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's the funniest thing I've read on this board in a long time.

Thanks for the heads up, if I make a trip to Ruth's Chris I won't have more than one lemonade. Is it the same story with tea?

CoMoChief
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
****in clam lickers.

vailpass
06-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Shocker.

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 10:52 AM

From the article i stereo typed them to be large black women.

I just bet'cha they are.

Chief Henry
06-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Good for you nzoner. I've stuck up for a waiter/waitress a time or too also.
Some people just are rediculous and feel they need some one to kiss there azz.

Wa-Z
06-23-2008, 11:04 AM
From the article i stereo typed them to be large black women.

I just bet'cha they are.

Lol, I did the same. I work at a restaurant and I've had very many good experiences with black folks, but I've never been able to understand the rude ones. They order the most expensive things, are very demanding, hard to satisfy, and in the end you get a $4 tip on an $80 tab. It is what it is...

Bowser
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Lol, I did the same. I work at a restaurant and I've had very many good experiences with black folks, but I've never been able to understand the rude ones. They order the most expensive things, are very demanding, hard to satisfy, and in the end you get a $4 tip on an $80 tab. It is what it is...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgBGRfSvfxY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgBGRfSvfxY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stumppy
06-23-2008, 11:11 AM

They weren't adhering to the dress code. DUH!

BIG_DADDY
06-23-2008, 11:11 AM
When I was in Cleveland when my dad was dealing with his cancer we went to a real high end Spanish restaurant. Some guy broke a bottle on the bar and attacked another guy pinning him with one one hand while he was swinging the broken bottle at his neck. I grabbed his wrist and told him he didn't really want to do that. At the very least I stopped and attempted murder that would have shut down the place permanently. Some mooching assholes said that ruined their dinner even though they were already done eating and they refused to pay. The restaurant gave me one shot a shitty liquor that didn't settle well to thank me. Assholes are everywhere these days and unfortunately society caters to them and pisses on the good people. I am not going to change the way I live just because that's the way it is these days. I do have to admit I have become much more highly selective about who I give my business to and as well as who I will spend time with and let in that inner circle. In your situation I would probably find out who the owner was and send him a letter about how I was not going to come back because of the way the manager continued to cater to the females in your situation.

Phobia
06-23-2008, 11:19 AM

How many women of any other color have attitude enough to backtalk another table at a restaurant? There's a reason some black men chase white women and it ain't got nothin to do with trophies.

stumppy
06-23-2008, 11:23 AM
How many women of any other color have attitude enough to backtalk another table at a restaurant? There's a reason some black men chase white women and it ain't got nothin to do with trophies.

You go girl.

StcChief
06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
When I was in Cleveland when my dad was dealing with his cancer we went to a real high end Spanish restaurant. Some guy broke a bottle on the bar and attacked another guy pinning him with one one hand while he was swinging the broken bottle at his neck. I grabbed his wrist and told him he didn't really want to do that. At the very least I stopped and attempted murder that would have shut down the place permanently. Some mooching assholes said that ruined their dinner even though they were already done eating and they refused to pay. The restaurant gave me one shot a shitty liquor that didn't settle well to thank me. Assholes are everywhere these days and unfortunately society caters to them and pisses on the good people. I am not going to change the way I live just because that's the way it is these days. I do have to admit I have become much more highly selective about who I give my business to and as well as who I will spend time with and let in that inner circle. In your situation I would probably find out who the owner was and send him a letter about how I was not going to come back because of the way the manager continued to cater to the females in your situation.

as I said, get their name(s) and black list 'em. Tell 'em to call Corporate

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't get it when tha women be talkin and bounceing their head side to side all the time.

Watz up wit that?

BIG_DADDY
06-23-2008, 11:31 AM
as I said, get their name(s) and black list 'em. Tell 'em to call Corporate

I think it's all a matter of accepting unacceptable behavior. We begin to tell ourself it's alright because it appears easier at the time to let it slide. It needs to start with yourself and then everyone else. Your family, relationships, friends and then places you go to or bring your business. Once it becomes a part of your life there will just be a lot less BS and stress in your life in general.

Demonpenz
06-23-2008, 11:35 AM
I think it is funny my sister works at target that has a starbucks well she helps out at the starbucks too. So one day she was bitched out on the target side then the stupid bitch went to starbucks and my sis had to help her there too.

HC_Chief
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Heh, back in college I worked at KFC. A smartass customer made some rude comment to me when he ordered but I blew it off. When he was leaving he mouthed up again and this time I told him to go f*ck himself. He turned and made a gesture like he wanted some, so I lept the counter and chased his silly ass out to his car :D

Punk is lucky he's a fast runner... I was in no mood from some douchebag's shennanigans

The rest of the KFC staff got a kick out of the episode. Looking back on it now, so do I. ;)

Extra Point
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Somebody needs to come up with a calling card that reads:

"Proving that you have acted sub-human in front of witnesses,
this card hereby certifies that you have been
BITCH SLAPPED!"

Adept Havelock
06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Somebody needs to come up with a calling card that reads:

"Proving that you have acted sub-human in front of witnesses,
this card hereby certifies that you have been
BITCH SLAPPED!"

ROFL

The only problem I see is that card assumes the idiot who deserves to receive it is capable of reading it.

wutamess
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
To be honest... I assumed they were black by the way the story went.
Oh well.

Otter
06-23-2008, 12:27 PM

That's a delightful euphemism. I'll keep your parents busy in the front yard while an accomplice sneaks in the back and takes their jewelry.

"strategic" and "resourceful" right?

Frosty
06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
In high school, I dated a girl whose father would raise holy hell about something every time he went out to eat in an attempt to get free food or a heavy discount. I went out with them once. :shake:

The weird thing was that both of her parents were college professors and fairly well off. Her dad was just a cheap bastard.

(FTR, everyone involved here was white)

Deberg_1990
06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
To be honest... I assumed they were black by the way the story went.

How come nobody evers says anything like: "To be honest, i assumed they were native american, probably Cherokee" ?

little jacob
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
i cant remember the last time i saw a table full of cherokee women anywhere.

KCUnited
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
He was at a restaurant, not a casino.

stumppy
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
How come nobody evers says anything like: "To be honest, i assumed they were native american, probably Cherokee" ?

Because nobody mentioned anything about being falling down drunk out by the curb.:D

Calcountry
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
So, they were Barack Obama Supporters eh?

Hey now, I have a 92 % chance of being right about that.

they weren'e acting very conservative either, because, we would just say, "check please" when we get shitty service, pay the tab w/ no tip, leave and never come back, tell two friends never to go there.

Phobia
06-23-2008, 12:41 PM
In high school, I dated a girl whose father would raise holy hell about something every time he went out to eat in an attempt to get free food or a heavy discount. I went out with them once. :shake:

The weird thing was that both of her parents were college professors and fairly well off. Her dad was just a cheap bastard.

(FTR, everyone involved here was white)

Somebody should have set the idiot straight the hard way.

My old man is the cheapest guy I know. He's been given a share of free meals over the years but never unearned, IMO. When food sucks, it needn't be paid for and one should simply depart without fuss or muss.

Extra Point
06-23-2008, 12:56 PM
They just need to post a dress code:

"Moose Knuckles not Permitted"

Spicy McHaggis
06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
This isn't a great story but it is a bit related.

We were out at a bar after the Cubs game and the place was packed. The 2 bartenders are running their respective asses off and I think, doing a bang up job. Next to us, sitting at the bar is a group of moderately attractive bottle-blond types. (No Pics)

First, they take forever to order their drinks and then when they're finally ready they start to get pissy that the bartender hasn't come back to them for the 5th time. He does come back in a bit and take their order; old-fashioneds all around. They get their drinks take a sip and then one of them grabs the bartender by the shirt and says "Um, Excuse me? Is there fruit in this? Upon being reassured that there was indeed fruit in her drink she insists she needs more. "And lots of cherries. I like cherries." She gets the cherries but still wants more than that. The bartender is still polite at this point and obliges but obviously needs to keep moving when another woman in the party says she also would like half a pound of ****ing cherries. And finally the icing on the cake is that another one of them decides she doesn't want the drink at all and wants to speak to a manager about how long it took to get it.

At this point I'm about to strangle one of these women simply because they're being insufferably condescending to this poor guy so I decide it's best to move my group along. The rest of us have a disbelieving laugh at their expense and forget about it.

As the night ends we pile outside to get home. It's kind of a mad scramble for cabs and one pulls up, lo and behold, between my group and these women. One of them rushes past us and jumps in the front seat. One of the females with us doesn't take to this well and basically tells the woman that this is our cab and jumps in the back seat. The rest of us follow suit. The woman sits in the front staring at us piled in the back and says, "You can't do this." to which my friend replies, "Who gets in the front seat of a cab, you cherry-eating dumbass? Now get the **** out." Not one for subtlety she also finishes with a flourish of "Welcome to Chicago, bitch." The women sputters for a moment finally relinquishes and we ride happily home.

Was it spiteful? A bit. Childish? Certainly. But it sure made me feel better.

Phobia
06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Somebody should have set the idiot straight the hard way.

My old man is the cheapest guy I know. He's been given a share of free meals over the years but never unearned, IMO. When food sucks, it needn't be paid for and one should simply depart without fuss or muss.

This could probably use some clarification. When I say "food sucks" I'm not talking about ordering something that comes out prepared properly but it's just not my kind of eating - I'm talking about something that is burnt, undercooked, or otherwise prepared improperly. Don't ask me to sit around waiting on something from the kitchen to be fixed because everybody back there knows and I'm not eating anybody else's bodily secretions.

banyon
06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
You really just complained about people with a sense of entitlement? Really? Wow.

Yeah. Why, did you have something else to say about it?

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I had an interesting opposite experience with a waiter a few months back. I was out at a nice restaurant and the other male in the group and I both ordered steaks (what the place is known for). Appetizer was great and things were going well until our steaks came. I'd ordered mine medium and there wasn't a hint of pink to it (closer to well done), while the other guy ordered his medium well and it was practically purple on the inside. We ordered 2 different kinds of steak so it wasn't that they'd simply placed the wrong plates. I'm not an idiot so I made sure to check the middle of the steak and it was also well done. This thing was crispy.

The server checked on us and we immediately told him the problem. He seemed unconvinced and prompted me to cut into 2 areas of the steak to prove it was overcooked. Finally convinced he agreed to return them to the kitchen and have both our meals remade (Unfortunately I now know that I also ordered a side of pubes with this).

Our new steaks were the exact opposite. Mine was still cold on the inside and the other guys was now chard to a crisp. By then we said screw it and ate what we could of the food, but definitely upset about paying $60 while we were getting a $5 steak. When the server came to clear the table we asked him if we could speak to the manager. He replied that wasn't necessary what could he do. We explained to him it was not our first time at the restaurant and we'd always had very good food but today was very below par and wanted to let him know about our experience. Truthfully we weren't looking for a free meal, but to let the manager know what he was serving.

The server grudgingly said fine and started to take our plates. When we asked him to leave them he asked why and we explained that we wanted to be able to show the manager what was coming out the kitchen. The server then said, "so you said you've been here before, were the other experiences good?" We said yes, to which he replied, "then I'd just let this one go, it's only one time he's a new cook back there, if I were you I'd just cut him some slack and not say anything." WHAT!

That angered us a bit. As a server it's not your job to cover the cooks ass when he screws up twice on one meal. We finally talked to the manager and informed him of both the steaks and his servers attempt to talk us out of talking to him. Interestingly enough the manager said the cook was not new at all, but rather they'd been having problems with him and he'd been working on his last straw. What a joke of a server. Needless to say we have not returned to the restaurant since.

Chiefnj2
06-23-2008, 01:46 PM

I hear the Olive Garden has a good salad bar if you like that kind of thing.

Tiger's Fan
06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah. Why, did you have something else to say about it?

It's just ironic that you, being the outspoken advocate for entitlements, would have a problem with people recieving services that they neither earned or deserve. This not being the DC forum, I'll not get into it any further here. Just sayin.

MOhillbilly
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
i always think my temper is getting better then some rude mother****er pops off and its all fireworks in the eyes,tunnel vision,knife in hand,blade in face.;)

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
So is Uno Chicago pizza any good?

For frozen pizza California Pizza Kitchen tastes pretty darn good.

sedated
06-23-2008, 04:06 PM
...it was not our first time at the restaurant and we'd always had very good food but today was very below par...Needless to say we have not returned to the restaurant since.

that's the rough thing about the restaurant industry. One bad experience can turn customers away, regardless of how good it had been in the past.

good customers service is so important, but its a fine line between getting good customers to come back and giving moochers a bunch of free shit.

KCChiefsMan
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
oh that brings back so many great memories of waiting tables

Sure-Oz
06-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Doesn't suprise me, but i went to a restaurant downtown and these 2 bitches (who were black) did the same thing, ate most of their food then bitched how it wasnt good and the service sucked. Threw a big scene, and had the nerve to pack what was left of their food and put it in boxes. The waiter was just fine, but i was so tempted to tell the bitches to stfu, but some people are like that and you can never please them. The bitches got everything free... I think they do it on purpose to get the meal reduced, i was hoping a truck would hit them outside.
Working at places at a financial institution i had one black lady tell me we needed to hire more african americans, we had 2 working there, and said she wanted to speak to my manager about that. Even my black friends say that most black people are inconsiderate and rude, not my words, theirs. Their women too haha

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Doesn't suprise me, but i went to a restaurant downtown and these 2 bitches (who were black) (prejudice) did the same thing, ate most of their food then bitched how it wasnt good and the service sucked. Threw a big scene, and had the nerve to pack what was left of their food and put it in boxes. The waiter was just fine, but i was so tempted to tell the bitches to stfu, but some people are like that and you can never please them. The bitches got everything free... I think they do it on purpose to get the meal reduced, i was hoping a truck would hit them outside.
Working at places at a financial institution i had one black lady (prejudice) tell me we needed to hire more african americans, (prejudice) we had 2 working there, and said she wanted to speak to my manager about that. Even my black friends (prejudice) say that most black people (prejudice) are inconsiderate and rude, not my words, theirs. Their women too haha (prejudice)

:eek:

Sure-Oz
06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
:eek:

ROFL

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
ROFL

:thumb:

FAX
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
oh that brings back so many great memories of waiting tables

I would last about 5 minutes in the food service industry, Mr. KCChiefsMan. Perhaps just long enough for the authorities to arrest me for assault with a salt container.

The first time somebody was rude to me, it would be war. Waiters vs. The Rude Bitches!!!

FAX

Fairplay
06-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Anyone ever do the loose salt lid container for the next customer at the table joke?

Or put milk in the container of salt for the next unsuspecting customer?

These are good for drunk Denny's or Ihop's customers on Friday or Saturday nights.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Yep, I had a similar mental image.

as soon as he said something about Long Islands I knew exactly what kind of people these were...

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
LMAO

Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's the funniest thing I've read on this board in a long time.

Thanks for the heads up, if I make a trip to Ruth's Chris I won't have more than one lemonade. Is it the same story with tea?

what's insane is the waitperson didn't mention to him that the lemonades weren't free refills...

Skip Towne
06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I had no idea restaurants would give you free shit if you bitched. Oh, well, now I know it.

Hammock Parties
06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I had no idea restaurants would give you free shit if you bitched. Oh, well, now I know it.

I still can't do it. My personal ethics are on too high a plateau.

I might bitch if it came and something was wrong with it, though, before I had touched any of it.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
This could probably use some clarification. When I say "food sucks" I'm not talking about ordering something that comes out prepared properly but it's just not my kind of eating - I'm talking about something that is burnt, undercooked, or otherwise prepared improperly. Don't ask me to sit around waiting on something from the kitchen to be fixed because everybody back there knows and I'm not eating anybody else's bodily secretions.

Dude, if someone orders a $20 steak from where I work and it comes out poorly, I have no problem getting it cooked a few minutes longer or having them throw on a new steak...none. No bodily secretions...

It's the people who order something that is just what it is, every time, eats half, and decides, "hey, we don't like this anymore and don't want to pay for it..."

It's absurd. It happens all of the time...

I absolutely love working in restaurants...it makes myself feel better about the way I was raised every day...

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Oh yeah...

If you have the balls to make yourself look like a complete idiot...no matter how wrong you are...ask for a manager, make a few things up, and you're getting at least 20% off or something free...

Especially with corporations...

Or shit, go to a TGI Friday's or some cliche restaurant like that...eat a meal...don't be a dick or anything...pay for it...keep the receipt...call corporate...tell them everything went wrong, the meal was overcooked, the service was awful, the staff was rude, etc. etc. etc. and you'll be getting a $50 gift card...at least.

And that store's managers will get bitched at. Maybe fired!

It doesn't matter how ridiculous it is...if a customer leaves pissed, even if they are being 100% ridiculous...corporate will come down on the GM of that store.

Hammock Parties
06-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I absolutely love working in restaurants...it makes myself feel better about the way I was raised every day...

You must have great people skills.

I'd end up poisoning some shithead.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I think the funniest thing I've ever had happen to me was a time I had 10 or 11 tables going at the same time...pretty busy...pretty late...I've got a heaping tray of food in my hand for some table...and another table (black people) decides to send one of their 8 year old kids (kids eat free) to tug on my leg to try and get my attention...I have like 6 plates of food in my hand...these people think that's a good idea.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:43 PM
You must have great people skills.

I'd end up poisoning some shithead.

Every job has its positives and negatives...as a college kid...this is the job where I'll be making the most money at for the next few years...I have shifts where I make between $100-$250...I make a lot of friends and meet a lot of girls...I'm not the gay 'pick a chick up' at a bar type of guy...I seduce them at work ;)

Since high school, I'd say 75% of the girls I hook up with are ones I work with...

So I make decent money (enough to pay the bills, go out, do whatever, pay rent), meet cool people, meet girls...and occasionally have to deal with the dumbest ****ing people on earth.

If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be going on 4 years in December I guess...

BucEyedPea
06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Nzoner, there are people who find fault just to get the price down.
If I complain I never ask for a discount and have refused one if offered. I just like them to know.
They were more than rude. They're were professional cheaters.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 05:53 PM
I would never complain about a server unless they were downright rude to me...

The worst I ever had was at Hooters...chick WRITES down our appetizers and forgets them...we get our food...no refill was ever offered...she never checked back one time...we had to ask for our check...and we still gave $5 on $35 just because I don't think I could ever stiff anyone, even if the service is unbelievably poor (wasn't even busy)...I just cut my losses and hope I don't get the same one next time...

It's too bad for her, too...because $35 at Hooters usually results in a $50 for the girl...never hurts to tip the ladies =)

MIAdragon
06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
oh man NZONER...I feel you. Were they black? Not trying to be rude...but I worked at a Chicago restaurant and 80% of all black people who eat at restaurants are flat out ridiculous/rude.

My wife has black servers who REFUSE to wait on black tables because they know its going to be nothing but a pain while they eat and there will be little to no tip.

FAX
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
It's funny ... last night my family went to dinner at a local BBQ place. It's a nice restaurant ... not fancy exactly, but new and the food is really excellent.

My son orders a ribeye (they have great steaks) cooked medium. The steak comes back well done (no pink). The waiter stands at our table to make sure it's cooked correctly and, when he sees it isn't, calls over the manager. The manager appears a little disturbed to see how well done the ribeye is and offers to replace it. My son says, "No, that's okay." but the manager is having none of it. He tells us he can have another steak back in just a few minutes and we agree.

The second steak comes back undercooked (bloody in the middle) and the manager is fairly pissed although he's keeping his composure. He offers a third steak, but this time we tell him it's okay and it's really fine. The manager isn't happy, but he accepts this.

Our bill for 4 people including appetizers and drinks was $0. I'll go back.

FAX

Bearcat
06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I would never complain about a server unless they were downright rude to me...

The worst I ever had was at Hooters...chick WRITES down our appetizers and forgets them...we get our food...no refill was ever offered...she never checked back one time...we had to ask for our check...and we still gave $5 on $35 just because I don't think I could ever stiff anyone, even if the service is unbelievably poor (wasn't even busy)...I just cut my losses and hope I don't get the same one next time...

It's too bad for her, too...because $35 at Hooters usually results in a $50 for the girl...never hurts to tip the ladies =)

I've only stiffed someone once... pretty similar service to what you described, at a place we went to all the time in high school and generally tipped very well. The server had one other table but would disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time.

Like you said though, working in restaurants is a good experience and greaet money... I made $100-$150 a night at the Majestic Steakhouse in downtown Kansas City, and all I did was bus tables on the weekends. It's good training for the real world, too.... if you can learn to deal with the worst customers in restaurants without gouging your eyes out with a fork, office politics are nothing.

Skip Towne
06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
It's funny ... last night my family went to dinner at a local BBQ place. It's a nice restaurant ... not fancy exactly, but new and the food is really excellent.

My son orders a ribeye (they have great steaks) cooked medium. The steak comes back well done (no pink). The waiter stands at our table to make sure it's cooked correctly and, when he sees it isn't, calls over the manager. The manager appears a little disturbed to see how well done the ribeye is and offers to replace it. My son says, "No, that's okay." but the manager is having none of it. He tells us he can have another steak back in just a few minutes and we agree.

The second steak comes back undercooked (bloody in the middle) and the manager is fairly pissed although he's keeping his composure. He offers a third steak, but this time we tell him it's okay and it's really fine. The manager isn't happy, but he accepts this.

FAX

I can't believe they do that. I'd think they would go broke.

bogey
06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
On a different note, and I may have already mentioned this. In the mornings, I frequent a McDonalds close to my work. There is a particular dude (Edwardo,SP?) that remembers my order in the mornings. I walk in, he hands me my drink cup, rings me up, and hands me my order. There is an 800 number on the cups that you can call to comment. I called the number and they ask the address of which McDonalds, etc. and I complimented Edwardo. I told him about it, and apparently he got some kind of a small bonus for it.

FAX
06-23-2008, 06:16 PM

One would think so, Mr. Skip Towne, but they did. My son felt bad about the first steak because it's such a waste of food.

It's a nice place. I'll go back and they'll make up the difference many times over.

FAX

PastorMikH
06-23-2008, 06:20 PM
I have noticed the older I get the less I am able to tolorate rude behavior.

stumppy
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM

More than likely they would retrain or replace the cook if it happens very often.

Skip Towne
06-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I have noticed the older I get the less I am able to tolorate rude behavior.

Me too but I'm also less able to whip ass as I get older.

PastorMikH
06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Me too but I'm also less able to whip ass as I get older.

'Course I won't be that old for another 40-50 years.

Skip Towne
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
'Course I won't be that old for another 40-50 years.

Well, that plus you have "good size".

Nzoner
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
So is Uno Chicago pizza any good?

The pizza was excellent,the appetizer platter was great,the service was great,the patio was perfect for a beautiful night and they even have 18 beers on tap.Unfortunately ms mouthpiece and her crew ruined what otherwise would've been a perfect dining experience.

craneref
06-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Rude people continue to exist and multiply because they get away with it. I am glad you spoke up, I do the same when people are rude andit always makes me laugh how they try to turn the tables on how everyone else was rude but them!! I am sure some of the rude we see do it on purpose to get services for the lowest price possible, which makes them no more than frauds and scam artists. I figure if the good people just keep refusing to accept rudeness, then maybe we can reduce the amount of it.

KCChiefsMan
06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I've only stiffed someone once... pretty similar service to what you described, at a place we went to all the time in high school and generally tipped very well. The server had one other table but would disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time.

Like you said though, working in restaurants is a good experience and greaet money... I made $100-$150 a night at the Majestic Steakhouse in downtown Kansas City, and all I did was bus tables on the weekends. It's good training for the real world, too.... if you can learn to deal with the worst customers in restaurants without gouging your eyes out with a fork, office politics are nothing.

ya, the only time I ever left a really low tip was at this Mojo's wing place. And I was waiting tables at the time, so I always tip 30+% if the service is at least decent. There were 6 of us, 1 other table in the place. We all ordered a lot of wings. Well after about 20 minutes, we could see our food sitting in the window (it had to be ours, nobody else was really there) it sat there for a while, a good 10 minutes while the waitress was chatting with a co-worker. She finally brings the food to us, drops it off and leaves without saying anything. We are about to dig in and realize that the table has no napkins! So we look around and wave down the $hitty waitress and ask for a bunch of napkins (they are wings for Christ sakes) and she seriously comes back with 1 single napkin, sets it down on the table, rolls her eyes and walks off.
We were never rude in any way, we've all waited tables before and know to act polite because we respect what they do and understand it. I couldn't believe that $hit

banyon
06-23-2008, 10:25 PM
It's just ironic that you, being the outspoken advocate for entitlements, would have a problem with people recieving services that they neither earned or deserve. This not being the DC forum, I'll not get into it any further here. Just sayin.

Fair enough. I don't typically claim entitlements for myself though. And in a private business this stuff has no place.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 10:25 PM
So we look around and wave down the $hitty waitress and ask for a bunch of napkins (they are wings for Christ sakes) and she seriously comes back with 1 single napkin, sets it down on the table, rolls her eyes and walks off.

Reminds me of Buffalo Wild Wings. That place has the worst napkins for a wing place. The ones in the silverware roll are good, but the extras they bring are like freaking cocktail drink napkins that are only good for smearing messes around. Sack up and buy some napkins BWW. :cuss: Rant over

bigbucks24
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Does anyone realize that tampering with food (spitting, other secretions, purposely putting hair in) is a felony? Do you really think most restaurant employees are going to risk going to jail because your steak isn't done right? Do you really think it pisses us off that much that we screwed up and have to fix our mistake? I know it's a good joke and folk lore, but really?

Spicy McHaggis
06-23-2008, 11:04 PM
So I make decent money (enough to pay the bills, go out, do whatever, pay rent), meet cool people, meet girls...and occasionally have to deal with the dumbest ****ing people on earth.

If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be going on 4 years in December I guess...

This is pretty much my experience with serving. It's good for college, you make your $$$, work nights, have fun if you want, meet a different group of people that is essentially always changing and have to kick that occasional jackass no one likes but somehow always shows up at the party anyway out of your house for being a dickhead.

For those of you not in the industry, watch the movie "Waiting". It's pretty much like that.

FAX
06-23-2008, 11:09 PM
ya, the only time I ever left a really low tip was at this Mojo's wing place. And I was waiting tables at the time, so I always tip 30+% if the service is at least decent. There were 6 of us, 1 other table in the place. We all ordered a lot of wings. Well after about 20 minutes, we could see our food sitting in the window (it had to be ours, nobody else was really there) it sat there for a while, a good 10 minutes while the waitress was chatting with a co-worker. She finally brings the food to us, drops it off and leaves without saying anything. We are about to dig in and realize that the table has no napkins! So we look around and wave down the $hitty waitress and ask for a bunch of napkins (they are wings for Christ sakes) and she seriously comes back with 1 single napkin, sets it down on the table, rolls her eyes and walks off.
We were never rude in any way, we've all waited tables before and know to act polite because we respect what they do and understand it. I couldn't believe that $hit

I know exactly what you mean. I have the worst luck with waiters. Normally the conversation goes something like this ...

Stupid Waiter: I'm Stupid Waiter and I'll be your server tonight. Have you decided?

FAX: Yes, we're ready. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX is having a chef's salad with ranch dressing. I'd like a cheese burger, well done, with mustard and pickles and fries.

Stupid Waiter: Okay, one garden salad and a cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion rings. Is that it?

FAX: Well, actually no. I don't want a garden salad and a cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion rings. I'd rather have what I ordered which would be a chef's salad with ranch dressing and a cheese burger, well done, with mustard, pickles, and fries.

Stupid Waiter: Oh. Sorry. So, that's one chef's salad with pickles and a cheese burger with ranch dressing, onions, and mustard. Got it. [Starts to walk away.]

FAX: Wait!! Hold on there, stop that waiter. Somebody!!! Stop that waiter!!!

Stupid Waiter: Oh. Did you want something else?

FAX: No. Not really. Can we go over my order again? It didn't sound right when you read it back.

Stupid Waiter: Sure. One chef's salad with something ... let's see ... oh, what kind of dressing did you want?

FAX: Ranch.

Stupid Waiter: Yeah, that's right. Ranch ... can't read my own writing sometimes. One chef's salad with ranch dressing and a cheese burger with tomatoes and mustard. Oh. And onion rings.

FAX: Yes. That's exactly right. Thanks.

Stupid Waiter: Okay then, I'll bring you some more tea in just a minute.

FAX

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
FAX...you are a funny guy. I always enjoy reading your posts...even if they are at my expense.

bigbucks24
06-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah...

If you have the balls to make yourself look like a complete idiot...no matter how wrong you are...ask for a manager, make a few things up, and you're getting at least 20% off or something free...

Especially with corporations...

Or shit, go to a TGI Friday's or some cliche restaurant like that...eat a meal...don't be a dick or anything...pay for it...keep the receipt...call corporate...tell them everything went wrong, the meal was overcooked, the service was awful, the staff was rude, etc. etc. etc. and you'll be getting a $50 gift card...at least.

And that store's managers will get bitched at. Maybe fired!

It doesn't matter how ridiculous it is...if a customer leaves pissed, even if they are being 100% ridiculous...corporate will come down on the GM of that store.

Well, they don't always come down hard on the GM. WE are getting better all the time at sorting out the fakers. Had a lady today call me saying what she got yesterday was all messed up and she tried to call the restaurant but they didn't answer and when she came back oday, they wouldn't give it to her. She got the corporate number and I end up with the complaint. She told me the story and how the GM was rude for asking her questions (she couldn't remember any details of her experience except that the car hop was female (all males hops that lunch hour). I told her I would talk to my GM and thanks for bringing it to my attention. Never offered her anything or sent her anything. I could tell that she was dishonest.

bigbucks24
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM

FAX

We really don't mind making it right if we screwed up. Really. And we screw up quite regurlarly. Most of the time, we'll fix it and move on. We really don't dwell on fixing a problem. It's the people that lie to get free food and complain for no good reason and exaggerate that drive us nuts. But even then, it's not that big of a deal. So they got a free burger and fries. It's not ruining my day.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, they don't always come down hard on the GM. WE are getting better all the time at sorting out the fakers. Had a lady today call me saying what she got yesterday was all messed up and she tried to call the restaurant but they didn't answer and when she came back oday, they wouldn't give it to her. She got the corporate number and I end up with the complaint. She told me the story and how the GM was rude for asking her questions (she couldn't remember any details of her experience except that the car hop was female (all males hops that lunch hour). I told her I would talk to my GM and thanks for bringing it to my attention. Never offered her anything or sent her anything. I could tell that she was dishonest.

All I know is that the restaurant I work for (not Friday's), any time corporate gets a complaint the award the complainer with a $50 gift card and the restaurant gets bitched at, the server sometimes gets fired, sometimes even the whole managing staff gets the axe if it's bad enough...

It is friggin' unbelievable that people are so ridiculous they want to have someone lose their job over a bad experience...like I said, 99% of the time the person giving the bad service isn't doing it on purpose...if you really want to prove a point leave a note on the receipt telling the server how much they suck...they'll see it, you'll feel better, and they won't get in trouble...just feel like a douche bag for the rest of the day.

One of my friends had just started serving and her table left a really long paragraph on her check saying they drove a long way for the food, the music was way too loud, the soup was cold, they didn't get refills on their coffee, and the food seemed to be 'old', etc...and they left her $13 on a $50 check...I was a bit baffled but perhaps they were recognizing it wasn't all of her fault and she wasn't doing it intentionally, maybe she just needed to pay a little more attention to her guests...

I suppose if I really had a problem with a server I would go that route rather than embarrassing the person in front of her co-workers by making a scene calling for a manager and potentially getting them in trouble...a lot of restaurant managers don't acknowledge anyone for being a good server...the only way they can decipher between bad and not bad is by complaints...so one complaint can really screw a server over for a long period of time (bad sections, less hours)...

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:36 PM
We really don't mind making it right if we screwed up. Really. And we screw up quite regurlarly. Most of the time, we'll fix it and move on. We really don't dwell on fixing a problem. It's the people that lie to get free food and complain for no good reason and exaggerate that drive us nuts. But even then, it's not that big of a deal. So they got a free burger and fries. It's not ruining my day.

I hear you...I have no problems fixing things (even when they aren't my fault) if people are polite...someone ordered a chicken platter from us not realizing it was cajun...they were polite and I got them a cajunless platter no questions...and they made sure the switch didn't come out of my pay etc...stuff like that happens all of the time and it's no big deal...not even a hassle.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Does anyone realize that tampering with food (spitting, other secretions, purposely putting hair in) is a felony? Do you really think most restaurant employees are going to risk going to jail because your steak isn't done right? Do you really think it pisses us off that much that we screwed up and have to fix our mistake? I know it's a good joke and folk lore, but really?

We've collected a few examples amongst the group. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186212

How would you like your pubes cooked? :D

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:39 PM
We've collected a few examples amongst the group. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186212

How would you like your pubes cooked? :D

Most of those examples are from fast food restaurants...and blah.

A buddy of mine told me about someone stirring an iced tea with his 'member'...I think that shit is funny, it's not my ass on the line...

But I can tell you, I've worked at a Subway when I was 16 for a year or so and a restaurant for the past 4 and I've never once did anything gross to anyone's food...

But those who think their food isn't touched when they go to restaurants...by several different people...are kidding themselves.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I suppose if I really had a problem with a server I would go that route rather than embarrassing the person in front of her co-workers by making a scene calling for a manager and potentially getting them in trouble...a lot of restaurant managers don't acknowledge anyone for being a good server...the only way they can decipher between bad and not bad is by complaints...so one complaint can really screw a server over for a long period of time (bad sections, less hours)...

You sound like you have the logic of the bad server I wrote about. So if you have bad service you should not inform anyone, but rather keep it quite so more people can experience the same dissatisfaction? I'm not advocating making a big scene, but I'm willing to bet 99% of managers would like to know if their servers are doing a really bad job rather than just having everything brushed under the table.

On a side note, I do try to make a habit of mentioning to a manager if I receive exceptional service and at a minimum let the server know what a fine job they did as well.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 11:43 PM
A buddy of mine told me about someone stirring an iced tea with his 'member'...I think that shit is funny, it's not my ass on the line...

Another fine display of logic. You're in college, but where the common sense? If that's truly all you care I about I hope the next drink you sip has been expertly stirred by someone's VD dripping dik.

bigbucks24
06-23-2008, 11:46 PM
You sound like you have the logic of the bad server I wrote about. So if you have bad service you should not inform anyone, but rather keep it quite so more people can experience the same dissatisfaction? I'm not advocating making a big scene, but I'm willing to bet 99% of managers would like to know if their servers are doing a really bad job rather than just having everything brushed under the table.

On a side note, I do try to make a habit of mentioning to a manager if I receive exceptional service and at a minimum let the server know what a fine job they did as well.

We honestly like both kinds of feedback. Don't be rude. Don't exaggerate. But it's ok to tell us you got bad service of the food was poor. I'm not in all my stores everyday so I need that feedback. Just be honest about it.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:47 PM

Well at least you're fair.

I'm a good server, I don't f*ck things up and I don't get complaints...

I've lost a lot of good friends over the years from bad secret shops or repeated complaints...some of them were absolutely justified, others were not.

I've avoided the secret shop firing for four years now...but the questions are ridiculous.

At a $10 a head restaurant...do you really want your server to suggest a specific drink, appetizer, entree, dessert, call you by your last name when you use a credit card, offer you a gift card after every visit, check back after two bites of you receiving your entree, etc...?

I mean, come on...I never short anyone on a refill, I never mess up their food orders, I'm nice, I'm good with people, I can handle a lot of tables, I never get stressed out, I'm a very good employee...

And I've been shopped about 10 times total...receiving anywhere from a 70%-100% (anything below 70 gets you fired) and I do the same thing every time...I don't do 80% of that dumb shit because people will think you are flat out retarded (no offense)...

Some secret shoppers get it and judge soley based off of service, others go by the book...as soon as one goes by the book I'm gone...which is absolutely ridiculous. A dude that worked at my old restaurant had been there for 9 years and was fired based off of one secret shop.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
We honestly like both kinds of feedback. Don't be rude. Don't exaggerate. But it's ok to tell us you got bad service of the food was poor. I'm not in all my stores everyday so I need that feedback. Just be honest about it.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't see where it does anyone any good to avoid the problem and pretend nothing happened so a bad server can avoid getting relegated to crappy sections or bad shifts though.

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Another fine display of logic. You're in college, but where the common sense? If that's truly all you care I about I hope the next drink you sip has been expertly stirred by someone's VD dripping dik.

I suppose I forgot to mention how the dude with the dick stirred tea was a complete asshole...plain and simple, don't be a dick, and shit like that doesn't happen. I would never do it in the first place because I have SOME morals...some people are like that...what am I going to do? Rat on the guy? If I saw it happen, I'd laugh. I don't give a shit...if someone thinks a guy deserves some dick in his tea, that's his call...

Hootie
06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't see where it does anyone any good to avoid the problem and pretend nothing happened so a bad server can avoid getting relegated to crappy sections or bad shifts though.

I'm split. You make good points...I'm totally laid back when I go out...if I have a bad experience...shucks. Oh well.

I understand some people value the $1 a little more than me, so when they go out every once in a while, they expect a great experience, and they should...I just wish more people could tell the difference between poor service, and poor food, because I'm convinced 70% of customers think I cook their food, based on the way they act.

stlchiefs
06-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm split. You make good points...I'm totally laid back when I go out...if I have a bad experience...shucks. Oh well.

I understand some people value the $1 a little more than me, so when they go out every once in a while, they expect a great experience, and they should...I just wish more people could tell the difference between poor service, and poor food, because I'm convinced 70% of customers think I cook their food, based on the way they act.

I think this is where talking to the manager comes in. In hearing their complaints/comments he should be able to decipher what was the kitchen's fault and what if anything the server did wrong. As you said, a majority of the time it's a problem with the food, which unless the server entered the wrong item, usually falls on the kitchen.

On the other hand, as you mentioned people need to realize when they order something different and it doesn't appeal to them, it's nobody's fault but their own. That's part of the experience of ordering a new item. Price point is also a consideration, you can't expect a $50 steak when you're paying $12 for it at Houlihans or Fridays.

bigbucks24
06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Most of those examples are from fast food restaurants...and blah.

But I can tell you, I've worked at a Subway when I was 16 for a year or so and a restaurant for the past 4 and I've never once did anything gross to anyone's food...

But those who think their food isn't touched when they go to restaurants...by several different people...are kidding themselves.

you know. In that thread, how many people actually did anything to the food? And how many had a buddy that did it or heard a story of someone that did it? It's mostly urban legend. And it's not an employee that does care if they get canned. They don't get canned. They get arrested for a felony and they go to jail. It's not like they were rude and got fired. Food tampering is a felony. It's fun to tell stories about, but I'm betting it SELDOM happens.

bigbucks24
06-24-2008, 12:15 AM

You are right. We want to know. And a good manager won't just fire the server or give them the crappy shifts. Hell, we got money sunk into training the server, we'd rather spend some time training the person and try to save them. If they don't want to change or be polite or follow the guidelines, they are on the path to self termination.

Hootie
06-24-2008, 12:17 AM
You are right. We want to know. And a good manager won't just fire the server or give them the crappy shifts. Hell, we got money sunk into training the server, we'd rather spend some time training the person and try to save them. If they don't want to change or be polite or follow the guidelines, they are on the path to self termination.

They tell me where I work it costs $500+ to train a person...

I don't see how...they must be factoring in **** ups when they get the call up after their training.

$6.50 an hour for 5 training shifts 5 hours a pop doesn't equate to $500+...

Hootie
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
you can't expect a $50 steak when you're paying $12 for it at Houlihans or Fridays.

ROFL

I suppose I wish everyone shared your logic =)

Fortunately, the restaurant I'm at now has a terrific kitchen staff and the food always looks good and is cooked well...

At the restaurant I worked in while I was in Chicago...yikes. I felt bad half the time I was taking food out...it looked awful and it made everything akward...but we only got business because we were coupon central...people rather have free food than good food, I guess.

Logical
06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
So last night we're at Uno Chicago or whatever it's called on The Plaza and we're seated on the patio just as 6 young ladies were seated next to us.So there's one waiter for the patio,he had 4 tables including ours.

He 's turned our order in(3 drinks) and begins taking the girls at the table next to us and it takes forever as they're asking this and that etc.Well we get our drinks about 10 minutes later and then the girls' drinks come shortly after.So we're ready to order food and our waiter is called to the girls' table and two of them don't like the Long Islands they've ordered and want something else,so our waiter obliges and apologizes to us and we say no problem.

Trying to make a long story short our waiter is doing his very best but these girls aren't satisfied with anything so our waiter gets the manager and he gets to take over the troublesome table.Fast forward to the meals being over and one of the girls starts in to the manager about the waiter and what she thought was rudeness and the like.

So I've had enough and speak out,"We thought he was a great waiter."

So the mouthpiece for the table looks at me and starts in," you may think so but you got your drinks and stuff before us and we were seated first etc etc."

"uh no" I reply,"we were seated at about the same time."

So then my mrs chimes in,"you've been doing nothing but griping the entire meal and we can't even enjoy our evening." and I'm like alright mrs Nzoner you go girl.

So,the girl looks back at the manager and now she wants a discount for her table.The waiter is standing by me and I say,"you watch they bitch all night and will get a discount and I'm sitting here being a good customer and will pay full boat."

Well the manager and waiter go inside the restaurant and I see them discussing the girls' check,then I hear ms mouthpiece," and by the way you why did you think you had to speak up when I was talking with the manager?" To which I reply,"you mean I stuck my nose where it didn't belong?"

"well yes" she says and I say," so just say that."

The manager returns at that time and I shit you not the discount isn't good enough.Well we are talking amongst ourselves (as the manager goes inside) about how good the appetizers were and my niece says,"yes THEY were" as ms mouthpiece passes by us spins and says,"YES THEY WERE WHAT?"

"We weren't discussing you okay" I reply and she goes in to work the manager for more of a discount.Well we didn't stick around to see what happened as I was ready to smack the rude bitch.

Sorry for the long read but if you made it this far thanks as I know you were probably looking for a knock down drag out only to get this ending.

Lastly,I really felt bad for the waiter and manager and could tell from the get-go that these girls were setting them up for trying to get something for nothing and unfortunately their rudeness paid off to some extent.

Probably a midwestern thing, people are so much more polite here on the coast.:D

tomahawk kid
06-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Reminds me of Buffalo Wild Wings. That place has the worst napkins for a wing place. The ones in the silverware roll are good, but the extras they bring are like freaking cocktail drink napkins that are only good for smearing messes around. Sack up and buy some napkins BWW. :cuss: Rant over

I won't go to the one off of 103rd and Metcalf in OP anymore.

Take them forever to get the wings out of the kitchen during the lunch hour.

Seems like they're consistent understaffed most of the time as well.

Easy 6
06-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I wonder what Don Imus would say...

Dartgod
06-24-2008, 07:59 AM
They tell me where I work it costs $500+ to train a person...

I don't see how...they must be factoring in **** ups when they get the call up after their training.

$6.50 an hour for 5 training shifts 5 hours a pop doesn't equate to $500+...
You should probably factor in the salary of the trainer.

Lbedrock1
06-24-2008, 08:18 AM

I hate to inform you of this, but if you have to say you are not prejudice and then use the race of a person to describe them you are either lying to yourself or lying to others about being prejudice. You are prejudice and thats ok cause you can change. Next time try saying they were rather large women whom i dont find attractive. Now if someone ask were they black you can say "yes, but what does that have to do with it?" I like my women petite or a little smaller. Do you see how that works and no one can tell you that u are prejudice because race was not a part of you describtion. Listen people u will soon find that race is not as important when we are all dying of the same thing so lets leave race out of it unless it is appropriate. :thumb:

Demonpenz
06-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I complain sometimes to get free stuff. Too me it's evening up for the already overpriced food.

Fairplay
06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
I hate to inform you of this, but if you have to say you are not prejudice and then use the race of a person to describe them you are either lying to yourself or lying to others about being prejudice. You are prejudice and thats ok cause you can change. Next time try saying they were rather large women whom i dont find attractive. Now if someone ask were they black you can say "yes, but what does that have to do with it?" I like my women petite or a little smaller. Do you see how that works and no one can tell you that u are prejudice because race was not a part of you describtion. Listen people u will soon find that race is not as important when we are all dying of the same thing so lets leave race out of it unless it is appropriate. :thumb:

Oh brother....:shake:

chasedude
06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
On a different note, and I may have already mentioned this. In the mornings, I frequent a McDonalds close to my work. There is a particular dude (Edwardo,SP?) that remembers my order in the mornings. I walk in, he hands me my drink cup, rings me up, and hands me my order. There is an 800 number on the cups that you can call to comment. I called the number and they ask the address of which McDonalds, etc. and I complimented Edwardo. I told him about it, and apparently he got some kind of a small bonus for it.

I did that to a Subway here in town. I've been to other Subway stores and noticed the cleanliness and won't go back. This store I frequent is super nice, ultimate cleanliness and just a nice experience. I called the corporate office and mentioned the total satisfaction with this franchise store. I guess corporate called the store and gave them some props!

Acknowledgment and Criticism is something everyone of us needs. If I'm falling short I need to know it through constructive means. If I'm doing a great job acknowledgment is a great motivator.

I guess I'm a homer when I think everything should be fair. I try to be fair with everyone I come in contact with, I except the same in return.

StcChief
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I complain sometimes to get free stuff. Too me it's evening up for the already overpriced food.

that will keep going up with whining and bitchin' for a discount.

If service/food is not up to par, slow service etc. that's one thing.

asking for free-bees all the time is just annoying, if you can't afford to go out, stay home. :rolleyes:

Beerfund
06-24-2008, 11:10 AM
what a bunch of bitches

stlchiefs
06-24-2008, 11:42 AM

WRONG. Simply because he stated the color of their skin along with other descriptive characteristics does not make him or the comment racist.

You yourself state that it's ok to reveal they were fat/large and women are you sexist? Do you have something against large people? What does it matter they were women? He gave a simple description of the people that in no way displayed racism. If he'd associated a negative connotation with them being black then they situation would be different, but that's not the case here. Please inform yourself before trying to preach your ignorance to others.

Lbedrock1
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
WRONG. Simply because he stated the color of their skin along with other descriptive characteristics does not make him or the comment racist.

You yourself state that it's ok to reveal they were fat/large and women are you sexist? Do you have something against large people? What does it matter they were women? He gave a simple description of the people that in no way displayed racism. If he'd associated a negative connotation with them being black then they situation would be different, but that's not the case here. Please inform yourself before trying to preach your ignorance to others.

first off let me say i agree with what u are saying but he said Im not prejudice not racist so you are talking about 2 different things. He clarified he was not prejudice first before making the statement so that itself tells me he is not sure. the question ask to him was were they hot. he then had to clarify his non prejudice status before making sure we knew they were fat and black. A simple no would have done well in answering the question. You call me ignorant when you should have read my statement closely before responding to it or at least understanding what i meant before you let your feeling get envolved.

Fish
06-24-2008, 12:07 PM

He never once mentioned race in the thread starter.... That was only disclosed when someone asked what race they were.

Besides, you're trying to see racism when it wasn't there, and you're condoning discrimination against overweight people...

FAX
06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I not sure that using the term "black" as a descriptor is totally out of bounds. I've played with several blues bands that were all "black" and when someone would ask one of the guys who wrote this or that, they would say, "That white guy."

I never took offense. Except for the fact that I'd been working my ass off on my tan.

FAX

stlchiefs
06-24-2008, 12:22 PM
first off let me say i agree with what u are saying but he said Im not prejudice not racist so you are talking about 2 different things. He clarified he was not prejudice first before making the statement so that itself tells me he is not sure. the question ask to him was were they hot. he then had to clarify his non prejudice status before making sure we knew they were fat and black. A simple no would have done well in answering the question. You call me ignorant when you should have read my statement closely before responding to it or at least understanding what i meant before you let your feeling get envolved.

Hmmm, what is racism? Could it possible be prejudice or discrimination based on race? You say prejudice referring to race, I use the concise word: racism.

MVChiefFan
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
He never once mentioned race in the thread starter.... That was only disclosed when someone asked what race they were.

Besides, you're trying to see racism when it wasn't there, and you're condoning discrimination against overweight people...

In all fairness, from the way I'm reading the thread starter and the other comments, it was offered that they were black BEFORE anyone said anything about what race they were. The question was posed "were they hot?" I tend to agree that when someone starts off a sentence with "I'm not racist, but..." or "I'm not prejudiced, but..." that's usually when something is coming that could EASILY be interpreted that way. Just like when someone says "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but..." is usually when my ass clinches up for the verbal ramming that I'm about to receive. I would imagine most of you do the same.

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I am really getting focking tired of people who don't use proper punctuation.
What do you focking mean!

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I won't touch that one.:harumph:

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I hear ya. I work at a Paintball field on the weekends. I have to babysit around 50-100 people every sat/ and Sunday and make sure there aren't any fights and no one looses an eye. The field is on the North side and always seems to be the main commute for the North Side white trash club. Today was particularly bad, I had been going off 5 hours of sleep and had been working out side all day in the heat and towards the end of the day this fight gangster wanna be white trash chick came to play. She was around 275 lbs and was in her 20's. But was all gangstered out. As you may imagine one of the main rules at a paintball field is to keep your mask on in the designated firing area, and this is a rule ( for obvious insurance reasons) we enforce very strictly. She was about 20 ft away from me as I was reffing and took her mask off and I told her a good 4-5 (nicely) time to put it before I really yelled and got pissed at her. She then proceeded to flip me off and yell f this f that and take and then take her mask off and just walked in (between two games.) Now I have never had one inclination to every hit a girl in any way, never even has crossed my mined. But it was more than running through my head today. Not trying to hijack your thread, just needed to share with someone.:)
Should have given her a paintball to the nose.

Fish
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
In all fairness, from the way I'm reading the thread starter and the other comments, it was offered that they were black BEFORE anyone said anything about what race they were. The question was posed "were they hot?" I tend to agree that when someone starts off a sentence with "I'm not racist, but..." or "I'm not prejudiced, but..." that's usually when something is coming that could EASILY be interpreted that way. Just like when someone says "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but..." is usually when my ass clinches up for the verbal ramming that I'm about to receive. I would imagine most of you do the same.

Normally I would agree, but I don't see it here.

When I read the opening post, I assumed they were uppity white bitches, as did several others here from some of the other posts. From the initial topic of discussion, it wasn't obvious at all to me and quite a few others what color they happened to be. And it didn't change my opinion of the situation when he did disclose what color they were.

Otter
06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, this turned into a race pissing match. Who could have seen that coming?

I'll be passing out Midol and tissues at the entrance.

MVChiefFan
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Normally I would agree, but I don't see it here.

When I read the opening post, I assumed they were uppity white bitches, as did several others here from some of the other posts. From the initial topic of discussion, it wasn't obvious at all to me and quite a few others what color they happened to be. And it didn't change my opinion of the situation when he did disclose what color they were.

I agree with that. During the original thread I just knew it was like someone said earlier "sex and the city" type bitches. I'm just referring to when you said that he didn't say they were black until someone asked him what race they were. I might be missing something but I'm not seeing that anywhere.

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Dude we had quite the 4some behind us at the game today. 1 very butch dyke that thought she was black, 2 other girls and some dude named carlos. Ok you are at a Royals game on a Sunday afternoon so paint me silly to see kids there. Specifically all around us. That didn't stop rebecca pecker-hater from dropping the f bomb here and there and here skank ho saying "oh shit" every time the giants hit the ball.

Among the conversation i did manage to glean that the butch dyke was hoping to get hooked up with a job at the sprint center on the event staff for $10 hr.

But she had something to say about everything, even during the flipping national anthem. SERIOUSLY!
I'm listening to the focking song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60Sys9sqQc

teedubya
06-24-2008, 01:00 PM
"Canadians" just dont seem to tip very well.

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 01:21 PM

We aren't talking about drunks. Duh

FAX
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
"Canadians" just dont seem to tip very well.

I've noticed that. They just sort of look around the room as if expecting everybody else in the restaurant to chip in.

FAX

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I still can't do it. My personal ethics are on too high a plateau.

I might bitch if it came and something was wrong with it, though, before I had touched any of it.
ROFL

I'm sorry...wha?

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 01:41 PM

FAXPSST!

Hey, FAX.

This is where you insert the resturants name so that they may get more business.

FAX
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
PSST!

Hey, FAX.

This is where you insert the resturants name so that they may get more business.

Oopsie. Jim & Nicks. A pretty new BBQ place on Charlotte.

FAX

acesn8s
06-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I not sure that using the term "black" as a descriptor is totally out of bounds. I've played with several blues bands that were all "black" and when someone would ask one of the guys who wrote this or that, they would say, "That white guy."

I never took offense. Except for the fact that I'd been working my ass off on my tan.

FAXWHAT! Your not black?:eek:

bowener
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Ive never really been to the plaza, but it seems like some of the girls I see walking around there have an heir of unwarranted importance... bitches.

also, is my use of 'heir' correct above????

Bowser
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Ive never really been to the plaza, but it seems like some of the girls I see walking around there have an heir of unwarranted importance... bitches.

Air of importance = acting all bitchy

Heir of importance = you are inheriting importance

88TG88
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Probably a midwestern thing, people are so much more polite here on the coast.:D

I know you're joking, but it sort of sounds that way. I've never seen anyone make a big scene to get free stuff. Even when I used to live in the "hood" I never saw that.

StcChief
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Air of importance = acting all bitchy

Heir of importance = you are inheriting importance

I've seen that crap in (STL) Clayton, West Count too......

I like the comparison..... we call 'em the Diva's. (they all dress alike too) WTF

it doesn't fly in Defiance they can take that crap back to W.**nty.

stlchiefs
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM

An error of heir. :)

OnTheWarpath15
06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
WHAT! Your not black?:eek:

ROFL

Lbedrock1
06-24-2008, 07:49 PM

I think u better look at the question again he never ask about race, color, creed the question was "Were they hot?" He injected race into it. And i do have a problem with overweight people starting with myself that is the reason Im trying to lose weight I want to be heathier.

Valiant
06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Well at least you're fair.

I'm a good server, I don't f*ck things up and I don't get complaints...

I've lost a lot of good friends over the years from bad secret shops or repeated complaints...some of them were absolutely justified, others were not.

I've avoided the secret shop firing for four years now...but the questions are ridiculous.

At a $10 a head restaurant...do you really want your server to suggest a specific drink, appetizer, entree, dessert, call you by your last name when you use a credit card, offer you a gift card after every visit, check back after two bites of you receiving your entree, etc...?

I mean, come on...I never short anyone on a refill, I never mess up their food orders, I'm nice, I'm good with people, I can handle a lot of tables, I never get stressed out, I'm a very good employee...

And I've been shopped about 10 times total...receiving anywhere from a 70%-100% (anything below 70 gets you fired) and I do the same thing every time...I don't do 80% of that dumb shit because people will think you are flat out retarded (no offense)...

Some secret shoppers get it and judge soley based off of service, others go by the book...as soon as one goes by the book I'm gone...which is absolutely ridiculous. A dude that worked at my old restaurant had been there for 9 years and was fired based off of one secret shop.

They are not shopping you.. They are shopping to see if you are making the company any money.. You are suppose to offer those things to drive up profit..

Nzoner
06-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Okay let me tell what I meant.Had I simply answered they were large black girls without adding I'm not prejudice someone would've called me out for being prejudice and/or a racist anyhow.The reason I used the words I did was because I was asked were they hot and I'm not attracted to black women large or small thus my reasoning.Also notice I used the term black,not anything derogatory,like Fax stated,black is a common and polite way to describe a person of said color.

Bugeater
06-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Okay let me tell what I meant.Had I simply answered they were large black girls without adding I'm not prejudice someone would've called me out for being prejudice and/or a racist anyhow.The reason I used the words I did was because I was asked were they hot and I'm not attracted to black women large or small thus my reasoning.Also notice I used the term black,not anything derogatory,like Fax stated,black is a common and polite way to describe a person of said color.
FWIW, I'm sorry I asked. :)

stlchiefs
06-24-2008, 10:54 PM
FWIW, I'm sorry I asked. :)

shit disturber

Mr. Plow
06-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I've got a few of these stories. The wife and I went to Applebee's. We had a nice guy serving us, really did a pretty good job. The table directly behind my wife was a 35-40 year old couple. The guy ordered a steak and the lady ordered a chicken salad. I kid you not, this lady sent back her salad 4 times because something was wrong with it. Had too much cheese, not enough cheese, whatever the case may be......4 freaking times on a salad.

The girl was busting her butt trying to please this lady, but just never could get it. So, as they are leaving, I tell my wife that I don't think they left her a tip. We got done about the same time and saw the waitress cleaning the table and I see her mumbling under her breath.

She kind of looks over at me and I had to ask "They didn't leave you a tip, did they?"

"Nope".

I told her that I watched the whole thing and they were being ridiculous about a freaking salad. I gave her a $10 and told her that she earned it. As I was giving it to her, the guy was coming back to the table because he had forgotten something so he got to hear me bitching about them.

Guy turned beet red from embarrassment. I just walked out laughing.

Skip Towne
06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
I've got a few of these stories. The wife and I went to Applebee's. We had a nice guy serving us, really did a pretty good job. The table directly behind my wife was a 35-40 year old couple. The guy ordered a steak and the lady ordered a chicken salad. I kid you not, this lady sent back her salad 4 times because something was wrong with it. Had too much cheese, not enough cheese, whatever the case may be......4 freaking times on a salad.

The girl was busting her butt trying to please this lady, but just never could get it. So, as they are leaving, I tell my wife that I don't think they left her a tip. We got done about the same time and saw the waitress cleaning the table and I see her mumbling under her breath.

She kind of looks over at me and I had to ask "They didn't leave you a tip, did they?"

"Nope".

I told her that I watched the whole thing and they were being ridiculous about a freaking salad. I gave her a $10 and told her that she earned it. As I was giving it to her, the guy was coming back to the table because he had forgotten something so he got to hear me bitching about them.

Guy turned beet red from embarrassment. I just walked out laughing.

Some people just need a good old fashioned ass whipping. Where's Roy D. Mercer when you need him?

Fairplay
06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
This morning we had a meeting with a manager about forestry and saving the planet and our company going green and all. Hes black by the way.
It was a very inteligent and informed meeting by this black man. The black man then proceeded to answer questions poised by the mixture of audience that had different races in it. I did notice that the man is extremely large and obese. (Did i mention he is black?) I told the black man that the meeting was great and he did a good job. The end.

Mr. Plow
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
This morning we had a meeting with a manager about forestry and saving the planet and our company going green and all. Hes black by the way.
It was a very inteligent and informed meeting by this black man. The black man then proceeded to answer questions poised by the mixture of audience that had different races in it. I did notice that the man is extremely large and obese. (Did i mention he is black?) I told the black man that the meeting was great and he did a good job. The end.

Was this guy?

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/thomaspartridge/2006/10/21/blackman.jpg