PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals claim pitcher Robinson Tejeda from Texas

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080624&content_id=2993591&vkey=pr_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Royals claim pitcher Robinson Tejeda from Texas
06/24/2008 2:13 PM ET
MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- The Kansas City Royals have claimed right-handed pitcher Robinson Tejeda off waivers from the Texas Rangers. To make room for Tejeda on the 40-man roster, the Royals transferred left-handed pitcher John Bale to the 60-day disabled list. When Tejeda joins the Royals, which is not expected to be in time for tonight's game, a corresponding 25-man roster move will be made.

Tejeda, 26, has made appearances at the Major League level in each of the past four seasons after making his debut in 2005 with the Philadelphia Phillies. The 6-foot-3, 230-pounder is 14-17 with a 5.01 ERA in 63 career big league appearances, including 46 starts. Most recently, he has made four relief appearances for the Rangers after his contract was selected on May 30. Tejeda allowed six runs on five hits in six innings with Texas and was designated for assignment on June 14. He spent the first two months of the season at Triple-A Oklahoma, going 1-1 with one save and posting a 2.18 ERA in 10 appearances, including four starts. He struck out 39 and walked 10 in his 33 Class AAA innings.

From Bani in the Dominican Republic, Tejeda was originally signed by the Philadelphia Phillies as a non-drafted free agent in 1998. With the Phillies in 2005, the same season he won the Paul Owens Award as Philadelphia's best minor league pitcher, he ranked third in the N.L. among rookies with a 3.57 ERA and fifth with 72 strikeouts. The right hander was a member of the Dominican Republic squad for the inaugural World Baseball Classic, making two appearances in relief. He was acquired by the Rangers along with infielder Jake Blalock for outfielder David Dellucci on April 1, 2006.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Royals Homepage | MLB.com

eazyb81
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Hopefully he's the next Edinson Volquez. Stupid Rangers.

Demonpenz
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Here is a short blog about him from my website

Adding Robinson Tejeda to the royals team will most likely mean they have another arm to pitch in a baseball game

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Hopefully he's the next Edinson Volquez. Stupid Rangers.

That trades been even though....both are studs, but they need pitching bad

doomy3
06-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Adding Robinson Tejeda to the royals team will most likely mean they have another arm to pitch in a baseball game

:spock:

wutamess
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM

ROFL

sportsman1
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Do we really need Texas Rangers retreads? I thought we were building something, and becoming better than that. Hitters are the Rangers strengths. Almost Any pitcher from the Rangers blows.

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Do we really need Texas Rangers retreads? I thought we were building something, and becoming better than that. Hitters are the Rangers strengths. Almost Any pitcher from the Rangers blows.

Rangers have given/traded away their fair share of solid pitchers...Volquez, Young, Danks, Gallaraga...

It won't hurt to give it a look....and he is 26, problem is control. Could be a good long relief guy, which we desperatly need.

Bowser
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a good candidate for the bully.

SPATCH
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
we can only hope he will be as productive as jason smith was...

eazyb81
06-24-2008, 03:20 PM

I wonder if you said the same thing when we picked up a Padres retread in Soria and a Rockies retread in Ramirez?

CupidStunt
06-24-2008, 03:21 PM

LMAO

Another 'penz classic.

Bowser
06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
LMAO

Another 'penz classic.

What makes his stuff so good is that there is always one or two posters with the inevitable "WTF" response. Heh.

Consistent1
06-24-2008, 03:24 PM

I am sure that I am not the only one that has noticed your "funny" posts going up recently. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride. Being a funny dude on the net is not rewarding. You are slipping in my opinion bro, don't go there.

OmahaChief
06-24-2008, 03:46 PM
At least his ERA is lower then Yabuta and Gobbles so he could be an upgrade!

Demonpenz
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I am sure that I am not the only one that has noticed your "funny" posts going up recently. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride. Being a funny dude on the net is not rewarding. You are slipping in my opinion bro, don't go there.

I have no idea what this means, but I take it like this. Dear Demonpenz! You Rock buddy. You always bring goo goo dolls cd's over with Swiss rolls and have the balls to stand up to people who think ho ho's are better. Take it easy!

Fairplay
06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I know this is just a rumor so i will leave it as that. So don't spill your coffee reading this.

The Cubs want pitching for the playoffs. (presuming they make the playoffs)
And Meche has been mentioned in a possible trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/06/meche-staying-i.html
http://mlbtr.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/view/8691437?tag=Gil%20Meche
http://www.foulballs.net/2008/06/gil-meche-isnt-going-anywhere.html

I take the no trade clause with a grain of salt.

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I wonder if you said the same thing when we picked up a Padres retread in Soria and a Rockies retread in Ramirez?

Funny thing is the royals rocked Ramirez last year 1 1/3 inn 8 er in 2 appearances....

I am glad we made that trade :)

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I know this is just a rumor so i will leave it as that. So don't spill your coffee reading this.

Sabathia has been highly rumoured to go there as well....i think Meche will still be here and part of the long haul honestly.

eazyb81
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Funny thing is the royals rocked Ramirez last year 1 1/3 inn 8 er in 2 appearances....

I am glad we made that trade :)

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/118584_90x135.jpg

"But try to understand, try to understand
Try try try to understand
He's a magic man, mama, ah ...
He's a magic man"

HypnotizedMonkey
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
woo hoo. gooo Royals.. I'm calling Royals World Series / Chiefs Super Bowl to compliment my KU & Celtics Championships.

sportsman1
06-24-2008, 04:53 PM

No no... you don't understand. With the Rangers its personal. I hate them. So it makes it ok.

Deberg_1990
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I think Meche will still be here and part of the long haul honestly.

Is he really worth keeping if we could get something of real value for him??

Ive said before i dont think hes a true #1

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Is he really worth keeping if we could get something of real value for him??

Ive said before i dont think hes a true #1

I wouldn't trade him to the cubs...they don't have many prospects that are worth a damn honestly.

Coach
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM

I think the Cubs are interested in either Burnett from Toronto, or Harden from Oakland.

Coach
06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't trade him to the cubs...they don't have many prospects that are worth a damn honestly.

Sean Marshall, Felix Pie, Rich Hill, and Ceda are solid players, IMHO. Even Matt Murton would be a good player, he's just been poorly mis-used by Chicago, and that he doesn't get any playing time because of Soriano, Fukudome, and Edmonds in there anyways.

Mecca
06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Sean Marshall, Felix Pie, Rich Hill, and Ceda are solid players, IMHO. Even Matt Murton would be a good player, he's just been poorly mis-used by Chicago, and that he doesn't get any playing time because of Soriano, Fukudome, and Edmonds in there anyways.

You could get Pie for a bag of balls, the Cubs completely gave up on him.

I don't care I just want to see Tony Pena off the damn team, dude is awful and has no place on a MLB roster.

Coach
06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
You could get Pie for a bag of balls, the Cubs completely gave up on him.

I don't care I just want to see Tony Pena off the damn team, dude is awful and has no place on a MLB roster.

They haven't gave up on him. It's on Pie that his plate discipline is the issue. He was optioned to Iowa to work on that, combined with the slump that he was going through. He was getting better until a injury sidelined him.

Either way, I am in 100% agreement on that Tony Pena should be off the team.

Mecca
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
When you have Jim Edmonds starting in CF, that's giving up on someone. The Cubs are not patient with young players at all, they give them 100 at bats and give up on them.

Deberg_1990
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Either way, I am in 100% agreement on that Tony Pena should be off the team.

I wouldnt let Pena play on my sons little league team.

Coach
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
When you have Jim Edmonds starting in CF, that's giving up on someone. The Cubs are not patient with young players at all, they give them 100 at bats and give up on them.

And that's been the Cubs problem for quite some time. They are in "Win Now" mode, not developing players.

I'd take Marshall or Hill though if I was KC.

Sure-Oz
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Pie is a nobody for them now and Hill can't find the backside of a barn according to the cubs...he has been shutdown for pitching to take a "mental" break. He walked 19 batters in 18 inn in AAA. Makes me wonder if he may become like Ankiel...his control problems in the minors now are ridiculously bad.