PDA

View Full Version : Music Filter, Five Finger Death Punch, Hinder, Staind, Stone Temple Pilots

Pitt Gorilla
06-24-2008, 09:44 PM
coming to Indianola, IA. That's a great lineup, especially for a show in IA. I'm not a big fan of Hinder and Staind has gone downhill since Mudshovel and Home, but Filter, STP and FFDP will be awesome. Is anyone going?

KcMizzou
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Damn... wish I could. Love STP, and I've always thought Filter was underrated.

Have fun, man.

chagrin
06-25-2008, 05:28 AM
This looks like the worst lineup, ever

petegz28
06-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Five Finger Death Punch? WTF is with bands these days? I don't know which is a worse name, Poison or Five Finger Death Punch or Filter or Mudshovel?

The lack of simple creativity is so prevelant in today's music industry.

little jacob
06-25-2008, 06:23 AM
filter is definitely underrated

munkey
06-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Just saw STP in Salt Lake...Great show.

Pneuma
06-25-2008, 09:30 AM
FFDP is one of the best metal bands to come out in a long time. The way of the fist should not be missed by any metal fans. By far one of my favorite albums! I would go to the show just to see them.

shakesthecat
06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm going.

Mostly to see STP and Filter, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the others as well.

wilas101
06-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Five Finger Death Punch? WTF is with bands these days? I don't know which is a worse name, Poison or Five Finger Death Punch or Filter or Mudshovel?

The lack of simple creativity is so prevelant in today's music industry.

and the Beatles had a great name?

The name of the band has very little influence on whether the music sucks of not.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
FFDP is one of the best metal bands to come out in a long time. The way of the fist should not be missed by any metal fans. By far one of my favorite albums! I would go to the show just to see them.

Merry X-mas

5fdp will be in KC July 22nd for the Mayhem Festival

5fdp, Distbured, Slipknot, Airbourne (if you haven't seen them go, put on a great show back in March), Black Tide, and many others.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm going to see Seether, Finger Eleven and Red in Tulsa August 11th.

I will also see STP, Shinedown, BRMC, Black Stone Cherry and Coheed and Cambria August 2nd in OKC>

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
FFDP is one of the best metal bands to come out in a long time. The way of the fist should not be missed by any metal fans. By far one of my favorite albums! I would go to the show just to see them.I agree. Their album brings back some of the metal stylings of the 80's and mixes them with contemporary metal. Great album. Filter and STP are great for the nostalgia.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree. Their album brings back some of the metal stylings of the 80's and mixes them with contemporary metal. Great album. Filter and STP are great for the nostalgia.

Yeah, love the way of the fist.

The accoustic version of The Bleeding is pretty damn good IMO.

POND_OF_RED
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Merry X-mas

5fdp will be in KC July 22nd for the Mayhem Festival

5fdp, Distbured, Slipknot, Airbourne (if you haven't seen them go, put on a great show back in March), Black Tide, and many others.

I was thinking about going to this show. Dragonforce, Mastadon, and Underoath will also all be there. It's a pretty sick lineup.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I was thinking about going to this show. Dragonforce, Mastadon, and Underoath will also all be there. It's a pretty sick lineup.

Dragonforce any good?

They will be in OKC July 24th or around there with Airbourne.

You ever listen to airbourne?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAgG68TRKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChGrmhnLPo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC1viguDcN0&feature=related

QuikSsurfer
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm going to see Seether, Finger Eleven and Red in Tulsa August 11th.

I will also see STP, Shinedown, BRMC, Black Stone Cherry and Coheed and Cambria August 2nd in OKC>

I saw Finger Eleven in 00 and in 02 - they were AMAZING... too bad their last two albums have been crap. I miss the "Tip" and "Greyest of Blue Skies" days.
Either way - they're great live and have really, really good stage presence.

QuikSsurfer
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM

Slipknot, Underoath, Suicide Silence, Dragonforce - should be a great show. Tickets are $48

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I saw Finger Eleven in 00 and in 02 - they were AMAZING... too bad their last two albums have been crap. I miss the "Tip" and "Greyest of Blue Skies" days.
Either way - they're great live and have really, really good stage presence.

Good to hear.

I put "first time" on my zune the other day. That song is pretty damn good. It's from the "greyest of Blue Skies" isn't it?

QuikSsurfer
06-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Good to hear.

I put "first time" on my zune the other day. That song is pretty damn good. It's from the "greyest of Blue Skies" isn't it?

Yup, it's the opener. That entire album is fantastic. I highly recommend EVERY track on that album.
"Drag You Down", "Famous", and "Sick of it All" are some of my favs

MTG#10
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Staind and Hinder suck, STP are cool, never heard o 5FDP, and Filter is alright....I'll pass.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Yup, it's the opener. That entire album is fantastic. I highly recommend EVERY track on that album.
"Drag You Down", "Famous", and "Sick of it All" are some of my favs

I'm mainly interested in seeing Red and Seether. But, I'm sure I'll come away impressed with Finger Eleven.

The Sirius Octane DJ Kayla said Red was one of the best shows she has ever seen.

POND_OF_RED
06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Dragonforce any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAgG68TRKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChGrmhnLPo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC1viguDcN0&feature=related

If you like two guys just shredding guitar for about an hour. I've never seen them live but I have several friends who highly recommended doing so.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6blTVunsB4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6blTVunsB4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bowser
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I wish Hinder would go away and never come back.

Midnight_Vulture
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
THATS a good line up???? hahahaahahhaa well you are from Iowa so I wont be too harsh on you guys since you are behind like 15 yrs with the rest of the country.

The only respectable band is STP.

Raiderhater58
06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
THATS a good line up???? hahahaahahhaa well you are from Iowa so I wont be too harsh on you guys since you are behind like 15 yrs with the rest of the country.

The only respectable band is STP.

you've already proven yourself to be an idiot, so your input means very little to nothing.

Midnight_Vulture
06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Haha so Hinder is a good band to you???

Raiderhater58
06-25-2008, 12:49 PM
no Hinder pretty much blows, in fact the only other band I would be interested in seeing, besides STP, would be 5FDP. Doesnt change the fact that youre still an idiot tho :)

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Just chatted with Ivan of Finger Finger Death Punch. Cool Dude, great band. I did ask about the name. I said,"sounds really violent, not as violent as Finger Finger Discount, but..." he replied" yeah but the other can be a considered a felony." He also said that the name was meant to represent the music. They wanted it to hit you hard, and it does. We play "Never Enough", and I told him I thought that was the ballad on the CD. He told me they had to go back and add that tune because at first it was too soft in regards to the sound of the rest of the CD. LOL..

They are going to be here saturday and we are going to be playing "Bone head Paintball" with them. Should be a kick.

FTR, the New Staind is a bit weak. They promised a "Mudshovel" sound, but all we got was pussy-wuss whining. I think they wrote the song so they could be on the NBC Olympic promos. The song is called "Believe". It is so ****ing cheesy.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I wish Hinder would go away and never come back.

I drank a bunch of tequila live on the air with those boys. Theya re alot of fun, but way too crazy. they can't last acting that way.

I think they went the way of Nickelback-chick music as well. But, I did hear the new tune and it rocks pretty good. Not anywhere near "Lips of an Angel" (I hate that tune as well)

Bowser
06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
You live the life, Carlota. I think I really am going to drop your name when I go to Vegas in September, just to see how many comps I can get. Heh.

RustShack
06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I think I might be going, I know I'm going to Mayhem for sure in KC.

Raiderhater58
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Just chatted with Ivan of Finger Finger Death Punch. Cool Dude, great band. I did ask about the name. I said,"sounds really violent, not as violent as Finger Finger Discount, but..." he replied" yeah but the other can be a considered a felony." He also said that the name was meant to represent the music. They wanted it to hit you hard, and it does. We play "Never Enough", and I told him I thought that was the ballad on the CD. He told me they had to go back and add that tune because at first it was too soft in regards to the sound of the rest of the CD. LOL..

They are going to be here saturday and we are going to be playing "Bone head Paintball" with them. Should be a kick.

FTR, the New Staind is a bit weak. They promised a "Mudshovel" sound, but all we got was pussy-wuss whining. I think they wrote the song so they could be on the NBC Olympic promos. The song is called "Believe". It is so ****ing cheesy.

Yeah I got over my disappointment with Staind long ago. Dysfunction was good tho

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
You live the life, Carlota. I think I really am going to drop your name when I go to Vegas in September, just to see how many comps I can get. Heh.

You know what? I really do. What I do for a living, beats working anyday.

STP was just here as well. Scott was tore up from the floor up. He got so drunk at Gardunos (restaurant in the Palms), that he was throwing up all over the place, passed out in the mens room and had to be carried back to his room. And all of this happened hours before the show. He sounded good that night, but boy did he look like shit. Oh,a nd he called George Maloof (owner of the Palms and the Sac kings), George michael. That didnt go so well as you can imagine.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah I got over my disappointment with Staind long ago. Dysfunction was good tho

I was talking with a music guru yesterday and we agreed, the worst thing that ever happened to Aaron Lewis was "Outside" becoming a big hit. It has been downhill from there. I think the same of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. After "Under the Bridge" we have been assualted with nothing but cheesy ballads form them.

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:08 PM

STP was just here as well. Scott was tore up from the floor up. He got so drunk at Gardunos (restaurant in the Palms), that he was throwing up all over the place, passed out in the mens room and had to be carried back to his room. And all of this happened hours before the show. He sounded good that night, but boy did he look like shit. Oh,a nd he called George Maloof (owner of the Palms and the Sac kings), George michael. That didnt go so well as you can imagine.

LMAO Honest mistake. I bet he gets that all the time. LOL

I think in the Rockfest thread somebody said something about him getting into a golf cart after the show, and completely destroying it. Of course, he was bombed out of reality.

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I was talking with a music guru yesterday and we agreed, the worst thing that ever happened to Aaron Lewis was "Outside" becoming a big hit. It has been downhill from there. I think the same of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. After "Under the Bridge" we have been assualted with nothing but cheesy ballads form them.

That, and doing the duet with Fred Durst. Horrible.

ANd yeah, the Chili Peppers sold out. Go back to 1989 and tell those guys that one day they would be catagorized as mainstream pop, and see what kind of reaction they'd give you.

Midnight_Vulture
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
\. I think the same of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. After "Under the Bridge" we have been assualted with nothing but cheesy ballads form them.

You may be right about Staind but the Chilli Peppers???? They are still going strong in their 40s. Stadium Arcadium was amazing.

Raiderhater58
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
"Outside" was the duet...... "Im feeling those lighters"

lol

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Staind is terrible. Mudshovel and Home were great but they went to hell after that. I was worried that FFDP might do that after The Bleeding was such a hit. The rest of the album simply rocks.

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
"Outside" was the duet

Ahh. I thought that Staind had the song, and he and Durst performed it sometime later down the road. I didn't realize Freddie was on the album.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM

STP was just here as well. Scott was tore up from the floor up. He got so drunk at Gardunos (restaurant in the Palms), that he was throwing up all over the place, passed out in the mens room and had to be carried back to his room. And all of this happened hours before the show. He sounded good that night, but boy did he look like shit. Oh,a nd he called George Maloof (owner of the Palms and the Sac kings), George michael. That didnt go so well as you can imagine.Scott needs to stay clean. I thought rehab prior to 4 went well. I guess not.

Bowser
Staind is terrible. Mudshovel and Home were great but they went to hell after that. I was worried that FFDP might do that after The Bleeding was such a hit. The rest of the album simply rocks.

I have Sirius, and they play The Blleding CONSTANTLY on Octane. I've almost grown tired of it.

Raiderhater58
Ahh. I thought that Staind had the song, and he and Durst performed it sometime later down the road. I didn't realize Freddie was on the album.

He wasnt on the album, that was recorded at some family values show or something

2 different versions

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:17 PM
He wasnt on the album, that was recorded at some family values show or something

2 different versions

Yeah, that's what I thought originally. Either way, Fred Durst was the beginning of the end for Staind, imo.

Raiderhater58
You may be right about Staind but the Chilli Peppers???? They are still going strong in their 40s. Stadium Arcadium was amazing.

/puke Chili Peppers

Pitt Gorilla
I have Sirius, and they play The Blleding CONSTANTLY on Octane. I've almost grown tired of it.The rest of the album is a tribute to double bass drums, IMO. The Bleeding is fine, but the rest simply rocks.

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
The rest of the album is a tribute to double bass drums, IMO. The Bleeding is fine, but the rest simply rocks.

Cool. I may have to go splurge and get the CD.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:21 PM

It started out as a duet with Fred (it was live) and then the bad recorded it for the album.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
It started out as a duet with Fred (it was live) and then the bad recorded it for the album.Nice Freudian slip.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM

Granted, "Dani California" was their best single in years (and the cd was pretty decent). But, after "bridge", all we got for singles was ballads, like "Soul to Squeeze", "By the way" 'Californication" etc...As a music director of a rock station, it is very diffuclt to fit in RHCP in between Metallica and Ozzy, unless its "give it away" or something like that.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Nice Freudian slip.

LMAO you like that?

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Granted, "Dani California" was their best single in years (and the cd was pretty decent). But, after "bridge", all we got for singles was ballads, like "Soul to Squeeze", "By the way" 'Californication" etc...As a music director of a rock station, it is very diffuclt to fit in RHCP in between Metallica and Ozzy, unless its "give it away" or something like that.

I enjoy RHCP's "Higher Ground". It's about the only song of theirs I play regularly.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I enjoy RHCP's "Higher Ground". It's about the only song of theirs I play regularly.

And that my friend came out wayyyy beofre "Bridge"...again, once the boys hit it big with "bridge" it was all downhill as far as tempo is concerned. After that, whoooshkk. :doh!:

Of course, I'm not a fan of the band either, but that has more to do with their shitty attitude more than their shitty snooze songs.

Bowser
06-25-2008, 01:34 PM
And that my friend came out wayyyy beofre "Bridge"...again, once the boys hit it big with "bridge" it was all downhill as far as tempo is concerned. After that, whoooshkk. :doh!:

Of course, I'm not a fan of the band either, but that has more to do with their shitty attitude more than their shitty snooze songs.

I had no idea when they came out with that song. Interesting. Makes sense, though.

Yeah, the draw of the corporate millions has to be strong. I wonder what Metallica would have been if Cliff had not died. IIRC, he was the one that drove the band to not be all MTV.

Carlota69
06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I had no idea when they came out with that song. Interesting. Makes sense, though.

Yeah, the draw of the corporate millions has to be strong. I wonder what Metallica would have been if Cliff had not died. IIRC, he was the one that drove the band to not be all MTV.

Good point. If Metallica would of continued along the "puppets" path and not cut their hair, changed their jeans etc, made a video...they wouldn't be the force there are today. It really is that simple. they would of been turned into a joke, just another rock band that had their ass handed to them by nirvana. But, Metallica did the unthinkable and cut their hair, and streamlined their tunes. They survived the "grunge" assault because of it and now they are the biggest hard rock band of our era. Oh and they are going back to their roots. Apparently the new Metallica CD sounds like "whiplash" on steroids.:clap:

Inspector
06-25-2008, 01:51 PM
July 12th

Beaumont Club in KC.

Can't wait.

Fairplay
06-25-2008, 01:54 PM

They sound like a cross between AC/DC and Motley Crue.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I have Sirius, and they play The Blleding CONSTANTLY on Octane. I've almost grown tired of it.

Really?

I rarely hear it. I hear "never enough" more then anything.

Dunit35
06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
July 12th

Beaumont Club in KC.

Can't wait.

What's going on during that day?

PunkinDrublic
06-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I would like to see Stained tour with Nickle back just for the chance of the stage and backstage collapsing, permanently injuring both bands so that they could never play again.