PDA

View Full Version : Life Thinking of moveing to Wellington MO

oaklandhater
06-26-2008, 02:10 AM
was looking in to moveing to Wellington MO and was wondering if ppl can tell me about the weather and ppl there any help would be very appreciated.

FAX
06-26-2008, 03:47 AM
The Wellington Jam Factory is laying off people due to the high cost of making jam - especially gooseberry, Mr. oaklandhater. It's pretty hot in the summer. And stay the hell away from Jake and Melba Long. They've been suspected for some time in a series of grisly murders, but the authorities can't prove anything.

FAX

kepp
06-26-2008, 06:22 AM
You're not buying the old Smith house where all those...uh...things happened, are you?

bkkcoh
06-26-2008, 06:44 AM
was looking in to moveing to Wellington MO and was wondering if ppl can tell me about the weather and ppl there any help would be very appreciated.

Why would you want to live in Wellington?

Skip Towne
06-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Why would you want to live in Wellington?

Why would you want to live in Missouri?

bkkcoh
06-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Why would you want to live in Missouri?

There are a lot of places that are worse then Missouri.

I grew up near Wellington, in fact they are in the same high school conference and they we one of our biggest rivals.

The Rick
06-26-2008, 07:51 AM
There are a lot of places that are worse then Missouri.

I grew up near Wellington, in fact they are in the same high school conference and they we one of our biggest rivals.
What school? Went to Sweet Springs myself and we were in the same high school conference as Wellington...

CoMoChief
06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
You should probably think about learning how to spell "moving" first.

gblowfish
06-26-2008, 07:55 AM
I know that area very well, have friends that live there.

Wellington is about 45 minutes east of downtown KC, just off US 24 highway, and sits on a bluff above the Missouri River. Small little town, closest places to buy groceries n stuff are Lexington to the east (about 8 miles) Odessa to the South (about 10 miles) and Independence to the West (about 15 miles).

Small town, nice folks. Local economy is cattle, soybeans, corn and orchards. There's a lot of apples grown in Lafayette county.

Pretty long commute if you plan to work in downtown KC. If you're working in Blue Springs, Oak Grove, Grain Valley, etc, not so bad.

Chief Chief
06-26-2008, 09:10 AM
You should probably think about learning how to spell "moving" first.

Don't go pissin' in oaklandhater's Wheaties. Can't ya see that he's getting himself acclimated to the culture of his soon-to-be fellow Wellingtonians?

bkkcoh
06-26-2008, 10:12 AM
What school? Went to Sweet Springs myself and we were in the same high school conference as Wellington...

Santa Fe, this years undeated Baseball champs.

Graduated in 1984

The Rick
06-26-2008, 10:27 AM

Graduated in 1984
Ah yes, I remember you guys. I graduated in 1995. You guys were football studs in that era.

bkkcoh
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Ah yes, I remember you guys. I graduated in 1995. You guys were football studs in that era.

Yeah, they had fun kicking everyone else's azz in football. Santa Fe has taken their lumps the last couple of years though.

ChiefsCountry
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I-70 Conference talk, lol. Thats about all I know about Wellington. I just know they played in the same conference as Windsor, which was kind of weird since they arent really close to any of the other schools, Crest Ridge, Sweet Springs, Concordia, St. Paul's, Santa Fe, and Orrick.

allen_kcCard
06-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Graduated in 1984

Ahh, I know of Sante Fe as well. We (Glasgow) used to always go to a track meet there. I also knew of some of the Linneman's there, one was a coach if I recall right, and he son's were both playng against us in basketball if we ever met in the Slater tournament.