PDA

View Full Version : Misc AZ Planet Members - Stuff to do in Phoenix

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll be in Phoenix for a week in July for training. I'm looking for some activities to check out in the evenings (training is 8-5 each day). I'll be there Sunday-Friday and a female friend/co-worker will be with me Sunday-Thursday.

We already have some restaurants we want to check out and we're planning on going to the Cubs-Diamondbacks game on a Monday night.

Any suggestions on places to go/see the other nights? Any good bar/club (she likes to dance) recommendations?

Much appreciated :)

CoMoChief
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Rattlesnake hunting.

Don't worry it's safer than it sounds.

Bugeater
06-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I went to some trippy underground (literally) seafood restaurant there, but I don't recall the name of it. I think it was in Scottsdale.

chasedude
06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Banging your co-worker/ female friend in the hotel?

bogey
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
There used to be a western theme park in Scottsdale called Rawhide. Stunt shows, comedy gun fights, souvenir shops, etc. It's a fun place to spend a few hours and they had a restaurant called The Golden Bell that served up some mean steaks. They also used to have night chuck wagon rides and they would take you out in the desert and BBQ and have a band playing.

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Banging your co-worker/ female friend in the hotel?

She's literally one of the most gorgeous girls I've seen. We're very good friends and I'll leave it at that. This thread is worthless cause there will be no pics. ;)

Skip Towne
06-26-2008, 12:17 PM
She's literally one of the most gorgeous girls I've seen. We're very good friends and I'll leave it at that. This thread is worthless cause there will be no pics. ;)

Do you have a Rice Rocket?

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you have a Rice Rocket?

In my pants.

vailpass
06-26-2008, 12:24 PM
What part of town? Phoenix proper, Scottsdale, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa, etc.?
Phoenix is WAY spread out, it's good to go places in the same vicinity as your room or you could drive/cab for an hour.

Whatever you do in PHX in July it needs to be one of two things: indoors or mister equipped.

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 12:46 PM
What part of town? Phoenix proper, Scottsdale, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa, etc.?
Phoenix is WAY spread out, it's good to go places in the same vicinity as your room or you could drive/cab for an hour.

Whatever you do in PHX in July it needs to be one of two things: indoors or mister equipped.

I'll be staying near the Sky Harbor airport. She'll be working more towards the Deer Valley area so anywhere between the two. We'll probably go to Scottsdale at some point.

vailpass
06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I'll be staying near the Sky Harbor airport. She'll be working more towards the Deer Valley area so anywhere between the two. We'll probably go to Scottsdale at some point.

Phoenix:

Hit the Rhythm Room for fine live jazz/blues and a good dance floor.
www.rhythmroom.com

George & Dragon is a cool English bar with a nice beer selection.

Tubing the Salt River is fun if you can take the sun.

Depending on how much time you have Prescott is an hour away. Cooler weather, historic, Whiskey Row, etc.

I'm more of a Phoenix crawler these days. Ping EndDelt for what is currently hot in Silicone Valley, AZ aka Scottsdale.

Whoarethechefs
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm down here in Tucson, but whenever I have to drag my happy ass up to Hell Valley, I try to swing by one of these places for a bite.

Matt's Big Breakfast
801 N. 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Tel: (602) 254-1074

Thee Pitt's Again
5558 W. Bell Rd.
Glendale, AZ 85308
Tel: (602) 996-7488

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2008, 02:12 PM

Is this her? She IS hot!

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Is this her? She IS hot!

LMAO

When I said gorgeous, I meant a non-dogface kind of gorgeous.

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm down here in Tucson, but whenever I have to drag my happy ass up to Hell Valley, I try to swing by one of these places for a bite.

Matt's Big Breakfast
801 N. 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Tel: (602) 254-1074
Website: www.mattsbigbreakfast.com (http://www.mattsbigbreakfast.com)

Thee Pitt's Again
5558 W. Bell Rd.
Glendale, AZ 85308
Tel: (602) 996-7488
Website: www.theepittsagain.com (http://www.theepittsagain.com)

Thanks. I saw both of those featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

vailpass
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Is this her? She IS hot!

vailpass
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Chez Nous is a cool bar to check out if you like the dark room, piano music, leather booth Swingers thing.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Dinner in Scottsdale at:

Roaring Fork - Some of the best grilled/smoked food you will eat in the Western U.S.

Kyoto - Very small Teppanayki joint that is packed and the chefs will do sake bombers with you.

Mexican - Carolina's (go in the daytime only. It's in the middle of the ghetto but you see high profile attorney's, fire guys, etc.. eating there. The food is GREAT.

Gordan Biersch - Mico Brew food place on Mill Ave in Tempe. Good beer, good chops. This is like 10 minutes from your hotel if you are staying near the airport.

And if you want a tat, check out Rebel Art in Tempe. :)

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Dinner in Scottsdale at:

Roaring Fork - Some of the best grilled/smoked food you will eat in the Western U.S.

Kyoto - Very small Teppanayki joint that is packed and the chefs will do sake bombers with you.

Mexican - Carolina's (go in the daytime only. It's in the middle of the ghetto but you see high profile attorney's, fire guys, etc.. eating there. The food is GREAT.

Gordan Biersch - Mico Brew food place on Mill Ave in Tempe. Good beer, good chops. This is like 10 minutes from your hotel if you are staying near the airport.

And if you want a tat, check out Rebel Art in Tempe. :)

How good is Pizzeria Bianco and how long is the usual wait?

Psyko Tek
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM
the underground resaturant is
the salt cellar

rawhide is out at the ghila bend reservation now

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2008, 07:41 PM
the underground resaturant is
the salt cellar

rawhide is out at the ghila bend reservation now

What are some good clubs/bars that you don't have to be super-dressed up for and can actually get in?

Megbert
06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Four Peaks Brewery the original is in Tempe and there's a newer one in N Scottsdale. Great food, great beer. Might be a bit hot there (Tempe location) since it really does not have AC and much of the seating is outside. The misters do help keep the temp down.

Don't really know any dance clubs but there are plenty in Scottsdale and in walking distance of each other.

http://www.944.com/phoenix/ might help with the nightlife

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Four Peaks Brewery the original is in Tempe and there's a newer one in N Scottsdale. Great food, great beer. Might be a bit hot there (Tempe location) since it really does not have AC and much of the seating is outside. The misters do help keep the temp down.

Don't really know any dance clubs but there are plenty in Scottsdale and in walking distance of each other.

http://www.944.com/phoenix/ might help with the nightlife

Thanks!