PDA

View Full Version : Money Buyer beware: 1-800-Flowers

JimNasium
06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I noticed a strange charge against my bank account today and after calling the associated 1-800 number I discovered that I had somehow signed up for a subscription to Live Well (http://www.livewell.net/) at a whopping $11.99/month. Somehow this happened when I ordered flowers for JennyGump on Valentine's Day from 1-800-Flowers. Like a dumb ass I had missed the billing for March, April, and May so I am nearly $48 in the hole. I don't recall at any point during the order process authorizing them to sign me up for this subscription site. I'm normally very careful about that sort of thing. The shitty thing is that when I called the customer service rep they would only refund two of the billing cycles and I had to request the rest in writing from their "Executive Support" group. I've completed that task and contested the charges on my debit card and complained to 1-800-Flowers customer service line and authored a nasty note to the company CEO. I hate it when a company tries to pull this type of stunt and although I was happy with their product I will not be doing business with them in the future.

BigRock
06-27-2008, 01:04 PM
That sucks, but I greatly appriciate the excuse that I'll now use for the rest of my life.

"Sorry, I know it's Valentine's Day, but there was this guy JimNasium..."

JimNasium
06-27-2008, 01:05 PM
That sucks, but I greatly appriciate the excuse that I'll now use for the rest of my life.

"Sorry, I know it's Valentine's Day, but there was this guy JimNasium..."

I tried that line on Jenny earlier and it didn't go over that well.:shake:

PastorMikH
06-27-2008, 01:06 PM
That's what you get for wasting your money on flowers anyway. You want flowers go out to the cemetary like the rest of us guys.

:shake:

:)

chasedude
06-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I noticed a strange charge against my bank account today and after calling the associated 1-800 number I discovered that I had somehow signed up for a subscription to Live Well (http://www.livewell.net/) at a whopping $11.99/month. Somehow this happened when I ordered flowers for JennyGump on Valentine's Day from 1-800-Flowers. Like a dumb ass I had missed the billing for March, April, and May so I am nearly $48 in the hole. I don't recall at any point during the order process authorizing them to sign me up for this subscription site. I'm normally very careful about that sort of thing. The shitty thing is that when I called the customer service rep they would only refund two of the billing cycles and I had to request the rest in writing from their "Executive Support" group. I've completed that task and contested the charges on my debit card and complained to 1-800-Flowers customer service line and authored a nasty note to the company CEO. I hate it when a company tries to pull this type of stunt and although I was happy with their product I will not be doing business with them in the future.

I remember signing up for Freecreditreport.com a couple years back. All I wanted was my credit report. I guess when I signed up I also signed up for their protection @ $20 a month. I never remember the authorization to do this. The Phone Rep told me it's automatic when you ask for the report. I missed the transacations from my bank statments for 3 months too. They only credited back one. I get real nervous signing up for crap on the internet anymore. You want a credit card #? **** off!

rad
06-27-2008, 01:09 PM
...or give wood for Valentines Day....

CrazyPhuD
06-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Charge back on your CC. If you didn't authorize it dispute it with your CC company. They can go back a couple months and take the charges off.

TJR1486
06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I tried that line on Jenny earlier and it didn't go over that well.:shake:

I use proflowers.com, have been for like 3 years and have never had any problems

JimNasium
06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Doesn't Springfield have Mexicans at the bar selling flowers? If $5 rose and a shot of Rumpleminze won't make her love you forever, nothing will.

I think I'll resort to one of those silk flowers that they sell at Kum and Go.:thumb:

Sure-Oz
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I've bought from them twice and never have recieved any odd charges...the last time i purchased was probably a year ago march...

Must've not unchecked a box?

AndChiefs
06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Forget about the money...where's your wonderful magazine?

mikeyis4dcats.
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I use proflowers.com, have been for like 3 years and have never had any problems

I used to use Proflowers alot until they ****ed up and sent my then fiance a crappy cheap 12 rose arrangement meant for a STRIPPER at some strip club in Dallas for Valentines Day. Her arrangement of 2 dozen premium roses went AWOL.