PDA

View Full Version : Electronics AT&T made a bunch of money today

Logical
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
California goes hands free July 1st and Bluetooth devices were flying off the shelf like mad. How many others had to buy or will have to buy before July 1st?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Washington state joins you as they do with everything since most of the citizens here now originally reside from California.

P.S - That's a made up statistic.

Logical
06-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Washington state joins you as they do with everything since most of the citizens here now originally reside from California.

P.S - That's a made up statistic.
If they had not driven up home prices up there I would retire there. I am weird but love the rain.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2008, 12:28 AM
We only get about 200 days a year. That's more than half, but it's just drizzle. Gray skies and gloom. You get used too it much as you get used too the smell of shit growing up on a farm. I feel sorry for the folks out in Monroe and Sultan that grew up with both.

Smed1065
06-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Hands free does not mean BT specifically. Every phone comes with a HF set, IIRC.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2008, 12:32 AM
It can be wired. I've gotten pretty lazy with blue tooth. I don't even want to hold a phone up to my ear anymore, I just put people on speaker when my BT is dead or whatnot.

Smed1065
06-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I agree but that is what pisses me off with drivers.

"I have to drive like shit because I have no option but put the phone to my ear and drive like sh-t."

It came with a HF set, Because of law suits.

BT is great, Heck I got it standard on a Camry for gods sake.

Wa-Z
06-29-2008, 12:45 AM
what is hands free

Smed1065
06-29-2008, 01:06 AM
what is hands free

Means u can talk without the use of hands.

:hmmm:

Logical
06-29-2008, 01:17 AM
what is hands freePut simply you are not holding the phone to your ear. Strangely the law does not deal with dialing the phone.:shrug: What can I say sort or a dumb law.

Logical
06-29-2008, 01:20 AM
We only get about 200 days a year. That's more than half, but it's just drizzle. Gray skies and gloom. You get used too it much as you get used too the smell of shit growing up on a farm. I feel sorry for the folks out in Monroe and Sultan that grew up with both.
2/3 of a year sounds sweet. Love the fine mist or the lightning filled days.

Smed1065
06-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Been there once and loved it!

Of course I love rain.

Wa-Z
06-29-2008, 01:25 AM

people didn't figure this out before July 1st?

Logical
06-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Been there once and loved it!

Of course I love rain.It appears I have hijacked my own thread.

ClevelandBronco
06-29-2008, 02:31 AM
If I can get a law that keeps me from seeing people who are texting while they're driving on the freeway, I'll back off of complaining about government interference in our lives.

Those assholes must be stopped.

06-29-2008, 05:17 AM
If I can get a law that keeps me from seeing people who are texting while they're driving on the freeway, I'll back off of complaining about government interference in our lives.

Those assholes must be stopped.

Agreed, I saw that too, and that is insane. most of the times it's a youngin doing it.

RedandGold
06-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Italians are srewed...

StcChief
06-29-2008, 09:00 AM
ROFLItalians are srewed...

Deberg_1990
06-29-2008, 09:06 AM
It can be wired. I've gotten pretty lazy with blue tooth. I don't even want to hold a phone up to my ear anymore, I just put people on speaker when my BT is dead or whatnot.

OK, who here is one of these bluetooth nerds who walk around everywhere with that stupid looking Borg thing sticking out of your ear??

For gods sake, take it out when your walking around a public place, out to dinner etc....

Hydrae
06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
I still contend the issue is not that you have a hand holding the phone. It is the attention that has to be paid to the conversation that is the danger. Hands-free does not make it safe, IMO.

Oh, and good luck with lightening in the NW Logical, it is a rare occurrance. Just drizzle all day, most days.

milkman
06-29-2008, 09:29 AM
OK, who here is one of these bluetooth nerds who walk around everywhere with that stupid looking Borg thing sticking out of your ear??

For gods sake, take it out when your walking around a public place, out to dinner etc....

You will be assimilated.

milkman
06-29-2008, 09:29 AM
I still contend the issue is not that you have a hand holding the phone. It is the attention that has to be paid to the conversation that is the danger. Hands-free does not make it safe, IMO.

Oh, and good luck with lightening in the NW Logical, it is a rare occurrance. Just drizzle all day, most days.

I contend it's simply stupid people who can't drive.

OnTheWarpath15
06-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I contend it's simply stupid people who can't drive.

Agree.

You should have to retake the drivers test every 5 years, or every year if you're under the age of 25 or over the age of 70.

There'd be a lot more revenue for the state, and there's a good chance you'd get rid of at least some of those bad drivers.

That, and if you are ever convicted of a DWI, you lose your license for life. Then people may actually take it seriously.

MTG#10
06-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Those people crack me up. Its annoying as hell standing somewhere and thinking some stranger is asking you a question only to find out he's got one of those things stuck to his ear and isnt talking to you at all. Ive answered people before and then they look at ME like IM stupid...Im not the one that shit stuck to my ear.

acesn8s
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Those assholes must be stopped.Is it illegal to fard in your car?

chief52
06-29-2008, 10:13 AM

I can not handle those people either. I just bought a bluetooth that clips to the visor. It has a mic and speaker. Works well for me. I am conforming with the CA law and I do not have that stupid thing in my ear.

http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/accessories/0,239025938,339272202,00.htm

milkman
06-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I can not handle those people either. I just bought a bluetooth that clips to the visor. It has a mic and speaker. Works well for me. I am conforming with the CA law and I do not have that stupid thing in my ear.

http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/accessories/0,239025938,339272202,00.htm

You know, I have what I consider the best solution, and I've been doing it for years.

I just don't talk on the freakin' phone when I'm driving.

chief52
06-29-2008, 10:20 AM
You know, I have what I consider the best solution, and I've been doing it for years.

I must admit, that is the best solution. Solves everything and is obviously much safer.

Skip Towne
06-29-2008, 10:20 AM

That might work.

BigMeatballDave
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM

I just don't talk on the freakin' phone when I'm driving.Agreed. I hate talking on my cell while I'm driving.

06-29-2008, 01:11 PM

You're old, who would want to talk to you while you're driving? you probably still have a rotary phone at home too? :)

If you're constantly on the go at work and have to take phone calls this is not plausible.

Deberg_1990
06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
If you're constantly on the go at work and have to take phone calls this is not plausible.

Didnt people work just fine before cell phones??

milkman
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
You're old, who would want to talk to you while you're driving? you probably still have a rotary phone at home too? :)

I am constatly on the go at work.

06-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Didnt people work just fine before cell phones??
Yeah, that was also before email and the internet, right?
I am constatly on the go at work.

I'm sorry :(

Look, it also depends on what you do. I have to take calls when I'm driving at work, maybe you don't? that's cool. but a lot of people have to take calls while they're driving.

Bugeater
06-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Agreed. I hate talking on my cell while I'm driving.
Same here, I need the extra hand to hold my beer.

milkman
06-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that was also before email and the internet, right?

I'm sorry :(

Look, it also depends on what you do. I have to take calls when I'm driving at work, maybe you don't? that's cool. but a lot of people have to take calls while they're driving.

The problem is that we've created this society where everyone has to be accessible all the time.

It has absolutely gotten out of hand.

How is it that people got along without this technology for 1000's of years, but now, we have to be able to talk on our phones at all times to do our jobs.

It's not your fault, but I refuse to be that guy that has to be accessible.

If the office or my boss needs to talk to me, they can wait until I am parked somewhere, and I'm not going to pull over to the side of the road.

I'm going to wait until I get to where I'm going.

06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
The problem is that we've created this society where everyone has to be accessible all the time.

How is it that people got along without this technology for 1000's of years, but now, we have to be able to talk on our phones at all times to do our jobs.

If the office or my boss needs to talk to me, they can wait until I am parked somewhere, and I'm not going to pull over to the side of the road.

I agree with you, but unfortunately the customers (mine in particular) don't give a shit what me and you think. and what's easier for the customer always makes the customer happy. it sucks, but if you're in a competitive profession the facts are that if you don't do it somebody else will.

Logical
06-29-2008, 04:25 PM

I just don't talk on the freakin' phone when I'm driving.That is my solution most of the time but my kids (adults now) talk while driving all the time so these made good gifts.

Deberg_1990
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Well said brother. My thoughts exactly.

little jacob
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
i see just as many ignorant aholes driving like retards wearing the headsets.

the issue is not where your hands are, it's where your attention is.