PDA

View Full Version : Books Anyone in KC ever heard of this Magazine?

Farzin
06-30-2008, 06:19 AM
There's a magazine called 435 South Magazine located in southern Johnson County. A majority of the readers I believe are in southern JO. I was cirious if anyone is subscribed or read the magazine? I am going to be working with that magazine this season as I am the "Chiefs correspondent" for that magazine. This isn't 100% official, but I may attend all the Chiefs home games with a press pass and get interviews after the game (and air them on my internet radio show, the "Chiefs Endzone Show.") It's a monthly magazine so every month I'll be writing a Chiefs review every month. Like I said earlier, its 90% official..the owner and I are just trying to confirm it with the P.R. director.

But yeah, I was just curious if any of you have heard of that magazine?

Edit: Here is their website. http://www.435southmagazine.com/

Once the website is redesigned, they want all my Chiefs photos I've taken on their website. They also want my blogs to be posted on this site. I'm basically contributing as the Chiefs man for the site, if you don't mind calling it that.

FAX
06-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Never heard of it. That's no reason to cloud up though, Mr. Farzin.

FAX

Skip Towne
06-30-2008, 06:31 AM
curious

kc rush
06-30-2008, 07:25 AM
I've seen it around our offices. I'll see if I can snag a copy to check it out more fully. We are near 105th and Metcalf and I think the area you quoted is the correct target.

Buehler445
06-30-2008, 07:30 AM
I think you're right on with the description. You seem like an ambitious fella. You said you're going into your Sr year of HS?

Dartgod
06-30-2008, 07:32 AM
It's a monthly magazine so every month I'll be writing a Chiefs review every month.
How often is it published?

With writing skills like that, you could have a bright future at WPI.

Farzin
06-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Never heard of it. That's no reason to cloud up though, Mr. Farzin.

FAX

Haha, hopefully this is just the start for me. By the way Fax, you always have something intelligent to say in all your posts, in a funny manner. Just thought I'd throw that out :D
I've seen it around our offices. I'll see if I can snag a copy to check it out more fully. We are near 105th and Metcalf and I think the area you quoted is the correct target.

Cool..and yes, their main building is in 151st and Metcalf I wanna say. I might be off by a bit, but it's still in South JO. Just keep in mind my articles will not be out until September.

I think you're right on with the description. You seem like an ambitious fella. You said you're going into your Sr year of HS?

Yes sir that is correct..I have a bright future in the field of sports casting and I hope it continues to rise.

How often is it published?

With writing skills like that, you could have a bright future at WPI.

It's published once a month.

As far as my skills, I don't care about my grammer on message boards a whole lot.

Dartgod
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
It's published once a month.
Thanks. I couldn't tell from the original post.
As far as my skills, I don't care about my grammer on message boards a whole lot.
Nor your spelling.

Phobia
06-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Heh heh.

So far as I know the Chiefs won't grant press passes to a monthly unless your name is Nick Athan.

HonestChieffan
06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Do they cover Olathe weather?

Farzin
06-30-2008, 08:32 AM

Lol..no. Sorry for the dissapointment bro.

Chief Chief
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM
I was cirious if anyone is subscribed or read the magazine? I am going to be working with that magazine this season as I am the "Chiefs correspondent" for that magazine. This isn't 100% official, but I may attend all the Chiefs home games with a press pass and get interviews after the game (and air them on my internet radio show, the "Chiefs Endzone Show.") It's a monthly magazine so every month I'll be writing a Chiefs review every month. Like I said earlier, its 90% official..the owner and I are just trying to confirm it with the P.R. director.

This is the direct result from when Nick Athan and Yogi Berra found themselves naked in the same sleazy motel room.

Farzin
06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
This is the direct result from when Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and Yogi Berra found themselves naked in the same sleazy motel room.

:shake:..its just message boards..I'm strict on my writing when I write in my blog or for 435 South....

Dartgod
06-30-2008, 09:00 AM
:shake:..its just message boards..I'm strict on my writing when I write in my blog or for 435 South....
Sure you do. You either have good writing skills or U donut.

Phobia
06-30-2008, 09:00 AM

That's what kc nut always says too.

My own philosophy, if you care is that you practice how you play. If you half-ass it in practice then you're going to half-ass it during the game.

FAX
06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
God in Heaven!!! This isn't "just" a message board, Mr. Farzin. This is ChiefsPlanet!!! The Adrienne Barbeau's boobies of message boards.

FAX

Bugeater
06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Unless that magazine has pictures of teh nekkid wimmins in it no one here has probably seen it.

Dave Lane
06-30-2008, 09:07 AM
There's a magazine called 435 South Magazine located in southern Johnson County. A majority of the readers I believe are in southern JO. I was cirious if anyone is subscribed or read the magazine? I am going to be working with that magazine this season as I am the "Chiefs correspondent" for that magazine. This isn't 100% official, but I may attend all the Chiefs home games with a press pass and get interviews after the game (and air them on my internet radio show, the "Chiefs Endzone Show.") It's a monthly magazine so every month I'll be writing a Chiefs review every month. Like I said earlier, its 90% official..the owner and I are just trying to confirm it with the P.R. director.

But yeah, I was just curious if any of you have heard of that magazine?

Edit: Here is their website. http://www.435southmagazine.com/

Once the website is redesigned, they want all my Chiefs photos I've taken on their website. They also want my blogs to be posted on this site. I'm basically contributing as the Chiefs man for the site, if you don't mind calling it that.

I know the publisher and I guess she's now one of the owners. Pretty cool gal and I'd trust her.

Dave

Farzin
06-30-2008, 09:10 AM
I know the publisher and I guess she's now one of the owners. Pretty cool gal and I'd trust her.

Dave

By any chance would you mind telling me the name, just so I know your thinking of the person I'm thinking of..?

Farzin
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
That's what kc nut always says too.

My own philosophy, if you care is that you practice how you play. If you half-ass it in practice then you're going to half-ass it during the game.

You make a point.

Dave Lane
06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
By any chance would you mind telling me the name, just so I know your thinking of the person I'm thinking of..?

Check your PMs

Dave

Farzin
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Check your PMs

Dave

Yeah I got it

But yeah, be sure you check out my article in the September edition if you guys get a chance..there is a story on me!

Thig Lyfe
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I prefer Coffee News.

stlchiefs
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah I got it

But yeah, be sure you check out my article in the September edition if you guys get a chance..there is a story on me!

The reason behind the thread is finally revealed. :p

Skip Towne
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Is it a neighborhood publication?

redbrian
06-30-2008, 05:02 PM
What does buffy and biff really want to know.....what is the best wine and cheese to take to a tale gate.....

POND_OF_RED
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM

That would have to be the easiest job ever. Where do I sign up? I can draw a badass smiling sun.

Farzin
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Is it a neighborhood publication?

Pretty much..they do cover stories in Johnson County.

Farzin
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
The reason behind the thread is finally revealed. :p

lol..basically in September there are 2 articles..one about me, and the other written by me.

Phobia
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
lol..basically in September there are 2 articles..one about me, and the other written by me.

I hope you type your articles by blowing into a straw or maybe your twin brother is attached to you at the ear..... otherwise I'm not really all that interested in you.