PDA

View Full Version : Misc Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

Redrum_69
07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
How many of you out here have been on the news, local sports channel in high school, or made national headlines only to sink back into the normal daily routine?

Post your 15 minutes of fame...

oh and Simply Red mom's 15 minutes of fame lasted for sixteen minutes.

Redrum_69
07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
this thread was inspired by the fan of Obama who offered her shirt recently when he was strolling down the streets in Independence, MO

who went from being on kctv5.com and now is on cnn.com

surely theres some posters here who received local or national attention for a brave act, or stupid act...or some other kind of outlandish feat...

mikeyis4dcats.
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I've been on local tv several times. I've been on national tv twice at sporting events, once at a K-State game at KSU and once showing Fox how to deep fry a turkey at the Big12 Championship game.

Phobia
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm a complete nobody and I like it that way. Had my picture in a little newspaper last week and now people are recognizing me on the street. That's not as fun as everybody thinks it is.... I prefer to be an idiot in public and keep my name out of the equation.

Sully
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Yes.
In high school I was all over the news playing football. I was one of the best players on a terrible high school team, a fact which was great at the time, but ultimately was terrible.

Also, in the 7th grade, I designed the logo for the "Gifted Association of Missouri." I don't think they use it any longer.

DaKCMan AP
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I was on the front page of one of South Florida's major papers for being Valedictorian and was pictured in the other major paper.

I was also in the school paper quite a bit at UF.

One of the senior projects I was working on at UF made it onto the South Florida 5:00 news. I never saw the coverage, but I got phone calls from people telling me they saw me talking about the project on the news.

stumppy
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I was in a couple of TV commercials for the business I worked at. They ran for a few years.
I also got caught up in what I would call a very tragic situation that was in the newspaper and on the TV news off and on for about a week or so. Not a good day.

Sully
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
A guy I knew in high school murdered Ali Kemp.

Phobia
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I also got caught up in what I would call a very tragic situation that was in the newspaper and on the TV news off and on for about a week or so. Not a good day.
It's okay. Nobody misses her.

ChiefsFire
07-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I've been on local tv several times. I've been on national tv twice at sporting events, once at a K-State game at KSU and once showing Fox how to deep fry a turkey at the Big12 Championship game.

The "have you seen this man?" segment on the local most wanted doesn't count.

FAX
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Not yet, Mr. Redrum_69. But just wait until I complete work on my patented, authentic, Kansas City Chiefs Drool Cup.

FAX

stumppy
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
It's okay. Nobody misses her.

It's amazing how handy a bucket of lyme can be.

BigRedChief
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I was the editor of a local entertainment magazine in Springfield for a while. The mag would always have a picture of me next to the by-line. I would get recognized at grocery stores etc.

stumppy
07-01-2008, 10:54 AM
The "have you seen this man?" segment on the local most wanted doesn't count.

Which reminds me.
ROFL

Redrum_69
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
A guy I knew in high school murdered Ali Kemp.

. . .

StcChief
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
STL TV years ago at VP fair (over 4th).... just for knowing what the National Anthem was and the words :rolleyes: I was the talk of neighborhood, office for a few days after....

I guess they had trouble finding people there that knew it..... that's pathetic.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Had my picture in a little newspaper last week and now people are recognizing me on the street.

How did you pull this hottie without a bike?? :)

BigRedChief
07-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Think Tommy Lee ROFL

Slayer Diablo
07-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Think Tommy Lee ROFL

Phobia knows how to play guitar? ROCK'N!!

TinyEvel
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I was on the TV show "The dating game" in 1988. One day I'll upload it so we can all have a laugh.

Iowanian
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Midnight_dickbag made national headlines recently, due to his awesomeness at picking up girls with his bicycle.

I'll give you one small hint. It started like this.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/Edgehead89/hansen.jpg

Amnorix
07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
No. I've rubbed shoulders with greatness, fame and wealth -- usually while getting on or off the elevator. And that's fine with me.

FAX
07-01-2008, 12:04 PM
No. I've rubbed shoulders with greatness, fame and wealth -- usually while getting on or off the elevator. And that's fine with me.

All you really have to do, Mr. Amnorix, is make a popular youtube video and you will be famous. Like, for example, you could get a friend to film you throttling a mature platypus.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
All you really have to do, Mr. Amnorix, is make a popular youtube video and you will be famous. Like, for example, you could get a friend to film you throttling a mature platypus.

FAX

Now that was funny! I don't know why. But that was funny!LMAO

bogey
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
One mans fame is another mans ho-hum. I've had my 15 minutes, to DaneMcCloud it's probably ho-hum.

Amnorix
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM

FAX

I could see where that could have residual benefits in terms of being an icebreaker. Next time I'm rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, I could say that I once throttled a mature platypus and they could check out my video on YouTube . . . here's my business card. Call me.

It has all kinds of advantages. Unique. Memorable. It could work...

Amnorix
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Now that was funny! I don't know why. But that was funny!LMAO

As Fax well knows, platypusi are naturally funny. Or is it platypusses?

El Jefe
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I was in the paper a lot for basketball my senior and junior years of High School, and was on the Friday Night Sports on the biggest News Channel in Ohio, had a little highlight clip of my game they came to watch. Which was pretty big for our school seeing as we weren't even a D1 school. Was chosen to shadow the State Engineer for a day, and had a nice write up in the Central Ohio paper.

Farzin
07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
-When I was in 6th grade..I became a US citizen and there was an article about me on a paper called "The Sun" talkin about it.

-I won 1st and 3rd place in the news catagory in an event called "eMagine" held at some Olathe High School and was mentioned on multiple news catagories.

-September 435 South Magazine is writing an article talking about me and my success I've had with my internet radio show.

Redrum_69
07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
One mans fame is another mans ho-hum. I've had my 15 minutes, to DaneMcCloud it's probably ho-hum.

perhaps...but is it the real Dane McCloud? and if it is...then he should be able to donate some Jessica Simpson pics...

Hydrae
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
As Fax well knows, platypusi are naturally funny. Or is it platypusses?

Platypi :shrug:

kepp
07-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Which reminds me.
ROFL

ROFL I was just thinking of that pic

Thig Lyfe
07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm Priest Holmes.

DaKCMan AP
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm Priest Holmes.

Who?

El Jefe
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Who?

I'll admit, that made me giggle a little.:LOL:

FAX
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I could see where that could have residual benefits in terms of being an icebreaker. Next time I'm rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, I could say that I once throttled a mature platypus and they could check out my video on YouTube . . . here's my business card. Call me.

It has all kinds of advantages. Unique. Memorable. It could work...

That's the ticket. The important thing to remember is that you need to work out first to get in shape, Mr. Amnorix. Platypi are well-known for their ability to withstand a throttling. This is, no doubt, due to the fact that they are part duck, part beaver, part otter, part burrito, and part midnight_douchebag.

FAX

ChiefsFan4Life
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Had some comments I wrote for a Dante Hall article in ESPN the Magazine get published and been on local tv once - that's about it

POND_OF_RED
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
STL TV years ago at VP fair (over 4th).... just for knowing what the National Anthem was and the words :rolleyes: I was the talk of neighborhood, office for a few days after....

I guess they had trouble finding people there that knew it..... that's pathetic.

It's funny how many people don't actually know that America is indeed the home of the Chiefs.

Amnorix
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
That's the ticket. The important thing to remember is that you need to work out first to get in shape, Mr. Amnorix. Platypi are well-known for their ability to withstand a throttling. This is, no doubt, due to the fact that they are part duck, part beaver, part otter, part burrito, and part midnight_douchebag.

FAX

Thanks for the warning. I'll be prepared to rinse the tan-in-a-bottle off afterwards then. Just need to make sure he's not near his platycrotchrocket when I go for him.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I went to a Cubs Marlins playoff game a couple years ago in disguise as a cub fan with some headphones on. You may have seen me reach into the field of play and take a ball from Alou.

Phobia
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey - you must have read that same newspaper. That's amazing.

Alphaman
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
My family and I (wife and sons) have been on the front of an Hallmark Greeting Card (that sold very well when it ran), in Ebony Magazine and on HGTV.

DaFace
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I was interviewed on the Topeka news as a studio guest about the fireworks show a few years back. This last year a news crew stopped me on the street to interview me about mail-in rebates for a segment they ran (and used about five seconds of it). I think that's about it for me.

FAX
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
My family and I (wife and sons) have been on the front of an Hallmark Greeting Card (that sold very well when it ran), in Ebony Magazine and on HGTV.

That's cool. I'm curious, Mr. Alphaman, what did the greeting card say?

FAX

BigRedChief
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey - you must have read that same newspaper. That's amazing.
Circulation must already be up?:thumb:

Phobia
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM

Wait a minute..... you're not black are you?

Phobia
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Circulation must already be up?:thumb:

My circulation is, that's for sure.

Alphaman
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
That's cool. I'm curious, Mr. Alphaman, what did the greeting card say?

FAX

It was a new baby card (they used us right after my first son was born).

The Cover had a picture of me, my wife, and my son and said "Welcome little one...."

The inside said "Strong arms will hold you. Caring hearts will tend you. Love awaits you at every step."

By the way, I have one of them on my desk. My coworkers at the time bought it for me when my second son was born. In the words of Bill Cowher on NFLN "That was a special moment".

Alphaman
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Wait a minute..... you're not black are you?

SHHHH!!!! I don't want the man to find out I went out and got an education.

FAX
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM
It was a new baby card (they used us right after my first son was born).

The Cover had a picture of me, my wife, and my son and said "Welcome little one...."

The inside said "Strong arms will hold you. Caring hearts will tend you. Love awaits you at every step."

By the way, I have one of them on my desk. My coworkers at the time bought it for me when my second son was born. In the words of Bill Cowher on NFLN "That was a special moment".

That is fantastic, Mr. Alphaman. Very cool, indeed. I always wanted to write greeting cards. I think I would be good at mother's day cards. Stuff like, "Mother. On this special day, I don't blame you for ditching dad and me and running away to Arizona with the vacuum cleaner salesman as much as I usually do."

FAX

stlchiefs
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm a complete nobody and I like it that way. Had my picture in a little newspaper last week

You failed to mention you had to buy the whole damn newspaper to get your picture in it. :p

Phobia
07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
You failed to mention you had to buy the whole damn newspaper to get your picture in it. :p

Heh. That's true. Pretty pathetic, no?

Skip Towne
07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Heh. That's true. Pretty pathetic, no?

Did you buy the newspaper to operate it or is there a grand plan for it?

Gonzo
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Gochiefs achieves his 15 minutes of lame every time he logs into WPI.

LiL stumppy
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I have been on a few sports highlights on the news, and got an interview when we did a lifting comp. fund raiser.

Rooster
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm still waiting for my 15 minutes. Most likely my 15 minutes will be describing the sound of the tornado that destroyed my house to a tv person. :huh:

HypnotizedMonkey
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I've been on TV a lot playing music, but I hope to get famous doing this one day...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWWN7GyZ0jQ&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWWN7GyZ0jQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jjchieffan
07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Did you buy the newspaper to operate it or is there a grand plan for it?

I think the grand plan is to hire Nick Athan as editor and have his WPI staff write the articles.(for the horoscopes of course) Then charge $99 a year. Bonafide plan for success. :LMAO:

Deberg_1990
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Saw Joe Montana and Pete Rose at an autograph signing in Vegas a few years back. Didnt really feel like standing in line or paying them $$$ to get an autograph.

seclark
07-01-2008, 01:56 PM
i guess my 15 minutes of fame was when a tsu student with the same name as me got hit by a car in kirksville, and they had the info on tv, radio, and the paper.

the phone was ringing off the hook for a couple days.
sec

blueballs
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
There was an article about me in PETA Living

CrazyPhuD
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Does a Cameo on that ABC show to catch a predator count????

Redrum_69
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
There was an article about me in PETA Living

:LOL::LOL:

Pasta Little Brioni
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Some guy stole my sweet laptop while I was out in SanDiego and sped off heading east after stealing a motorcycle. They had a blurb on the local news bout it.

bowener
07-01-2008, 02:28 PM

FAX

Dont forget that they are poisonous as well.... God had to give them some way to fend off the bullies.

SPATCH
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
i got on a tv show this past spring break... sadly, it wasn't one of those badass spring break shows with drunken girls in an ass-shaking contest...

no, it was much more boring than that. i judged new music videos... cool experience, though

its still up on the web too

bowener
07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
i guess my 15 minutes of fame was when a tsu student with the same name as me got hit by a car in kirksville, and they had the info on tv, radio, and the paper.

the phone was ringing off the hook for a couple days.
sec

Should have ran with it, man. Chicks dig guys with crushed pelvises.

MVChiefFan
07-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm friends with the Sports Info. Director for the Univ. of Arkansas (have been since high school). When he was a student at U of A he met a guy that went on to work for ESPN. Long story short I ended up running the radar gun at a Royals - A's game for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball back in '92. The A's still had Big Mac, Canseco and Ricky Henderson and I went out on the old turf and mingled with the players and ran the gun from right behind home plate. I know I was on national tv because the producer yelled at me for being seen in the centerfield camera.

bogey
07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I've been on TV a lot playing music, but I hope to get famous doing this one day...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWWN7GyZ0jQ&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWWN7GyZ0jQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think that's very cool.

Bearcat
07-01-2008, 05:06 PM
part burrito LMAO

damaticous
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
In HS (1994 {Sigh}) I was QB for our HS team. Was on the tv news in Springfield a few times, in the local paper weekly, and on the radio a couple times after getting hurt.

We were doing pretty good, but I only played 5 games cause a linebacker in Waynesville broke my back...it was a late hit but no flag was thrown.

Honestly, it was over rated.

Sully
07-01-2008, 06:54 PM
A few years back I interned at a local 3rd rate sports radio station. I was on the air quite a few times at that place, and recorded a few interviews with Royals players.

I was also big timed by a just-drafted Julian Battle for a scheduled interview.

ChiefsFire
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I was on with katie horner, via telephone, one night talking about storm damage after a tornado hit my county.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I was on with katie horner, via telephone, one night talking about storm damage after a tornado hit my county.
On the air with Katie? It must have been about 9 hours & 15 minutes of fame.

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Nope, never had 15 minutes of fame..

nor have i ever had less than or more than 15 minutes of fame