PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Anyone have some Swing Set Blueprints?

MTG#10
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
My wife bought one of those cheap $500 wooden swing sets from Wally World a couple years ago and its already falling apart. I figured I would build the kids a nice one out of some sturdy lumber instead of that shitty cedar or whatever it is we have now.

Has anyone here ever built there own swing set? If so, what kind of lumber do you recommend? Do you know anywhere to download some free blueprints or could you loan me yours?

Im looking for something similar to this with a clubhouse and enough room for a couple swings and a slide.

http://www.clubhouseplans.com/design2.html

Bugeater
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Cedar is actually the most desirable to use, yours was probably treated lumber. If you go to Menard's or Home Depot they should have the kit with all the accessories and plans and then you buy the lumber from them.

MTG#10
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Cedar is actually the most desirable to use, yours was probably treated lumber. If you go to Menard's or Home Depot they should have the kit with all the accessories and then you buy the lumber from them.
I dont know what it is, but its very soft and very light. I was hoping to save some money by using the actual swings/slide we already have and just buy the wood and hardware separately. I guess I could just take the one we have apart and measure all the lumber then just buy replacement lumber...

Bugeater
07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I dont know what it is, but its very soft and very light. I was hoping to save some money by using the actualy swings/slide we already have and just buy the wood and hardware seperately.
Ah, I see. You might try calling a home improvement warehouse and see if they have just the plans available.

QuikSsurfer
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I found the blueprints for the tree-house in Swiss Family Robinson...