PDA

View Full Version : Life Have you ever had a "Daphne?"

Hammock Parties
07-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I refer to the hit TV show "Frasier," in which Niles Crane lusted after, found himself infatuated with and eventually fell in love with Daphne Moon, his brother's housekeeper.

Niles kept his feelings about Daphne hidden for seven seasons, until it was finally revealed to her by a hopped-up-on-pills Frasier Crane. She reciprocated and they dumped their SOs for each other.

I ask because I have a Daphne. Of eight years. I fear she will be forever beyond my reach no matter what I do, barring becoming a rich and famous celebrity. I'm too afraid to tell her how I feel, fearing her reaction and how it might change our relationship. More than anything else though, I'm scared it'll be a pointless waste of time and just make me feel like an utter fool.

Anyway, the point is - have you ever pined silently for someone for years and years? Did you ever reveal your feelings? When? How did they react? How did you feel after doing it and receiving their reaction.

I feel pretty stupid even posting this thread. But I can't stop thinking about her. And jerking it doesn't help.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Girls aren't friends with guys for long periods of time unless they're someone they could see themselves with. Sack up and confess. Either way you'll feel better about it. You don't want to go through life wondering what would've happened had you NOT acted like a pussy. I think you get shocked and this chick is diggin on some Clayton.

kstater
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Dude, it don't hurt to try. That's your biggest problem.

RealSNR
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Carrie Underwood is seeing someone right now and would probably say "no" at this time.

Hammock Parties
07-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Carrie Underwood is seeing someone right now and would probably say "no" at this time.

LOL...if I had known Carrie Underwood eight years ago I'd have pounced.

blueballs
07-04-2008, 09:40 PM
you're not a layered onion but a leek
peel and rinse
peel and rinse

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Jesus. Tell the woman. If the feeling isn't mutual, at least you will know. Then you can move on.

Bugeater
07-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Have you remodeled her house for her yet? If not, that would be a good place to start. Chicks dig that shit, just ask Halfcan.

Rausch
07-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I suppose that's one good thing about being a narcissist: I got shot down plenty but I never wondered what if...

Logical
07-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Send her unsigned emails or better yet PMs from ChiefsPlanet.:thumb:

Buehler445
07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Is this your sister's friend? If so, just let her know how you feel or at least ask her out. Don't try like they do in the movies though, it never works out. Just be clear and concise. See what she says.

Discuss Thrower
07-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally, if you've had feelings for this girl for so long and nothing has come in terms of some sort of opportunity to tell how you feel or any indication she feels the same way... Then you've got to move on. That's what I would do in the situation. Things aren't gelling now, then chances are they never will.

Dartgod
07-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Leave a message like this on her answering machine and you're golden.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186794

RNR
07-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Have you remodeled her house for her yet? If not, that would be a good place to start. Chicks dig that shit, just ask Halfcan.

whatever he just needs a bike

teedubya
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Ask Halfcan, I bet he has some good advice.

teedubya
07-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Have you remodeled her house for her yet? If not, that would be a good place to start. Chicks dig that shit, just ask Halfcan.:thumb:

teedubya
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Or he could take her to a firehouse to meet some firemen.

Silock
07-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Heh, I had a crush on a total hottie back in middle school. We were friends for 4 years. I finally told her how I felt the day before she moved away. Turns out, she felt the same way, but never said anything either. From that day on, I always sacked up a told a girl how I felt.

Amnorix
07-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Not exactly a Daphne, but I was very close friends with a young woman and was petrified of "ruining our friendship". The main thing to realize is that it's more or less organically impossible to maintain a male/female friendship over many years that doesn't turn into something more unless there is something else going on. As soon as one or the other of you hook up seriously, your friendship (which is likely based on mutual attraction) is going to suffer a sucking chest wound.

So ask her out and either way stop your pointless internal suffering.

In my particular situation, I'm proud to report that we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary a month or so ago. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The fact that you've lost 45lbs and feel so much better about yourself makes this a golden opportunity. I'm sure that's what you're thinking too. Sack the **** up and make it happen captain.

teedubya
07-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Heh, I had a crush on a total hottie back in middle school. We were friends for 4 years. I finally told her how I felt the day before she moved away. Turns out, she felt the same way, but never said anything either. From that day on, I always sacked up a told a girl how I felt.

That shit happened to me in high school, also. This girl, Marla Koehn. Wow, she was a knockout. Blond, quirky, hilarious and sexy. Well, she had been dating this dude, and he was gettting ready to join the Marines... they end up breaking up... so I spent the next couple months really getting into shape.

So, i get confident enough and worked up the courage to have a serious conversation also... she was very flattered and said that if I had come to her sooner, we probably would have hooked up, but LAST NIGHT, her and Danny were gonna get back together...

I waited like 60-70 days, she was free, but my 17 year old self just didn't have the nuts. She was almost 19.

You have to close the deal. Just have a serious conversation, and tell her that you are losing weight and getting in shape, because you want to be a better man for her. And that you really care about her.

Tell that you will stop peaking at mens crotches, and that all of your gay schtick will be retired.

I have to tell you something Clayton... you either need to get laid or get stoned. Maybe both.

But you have to corral the fear and just live your truth and tell the ho.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2008, 12:39 AM
That shit happened to me in high school, also. This girl, Marla Koehn. Wow, she was a knockout. Blond, quirky, hilarious and sexy. Well, she had been dating this dude, and he was gettting ready to join the Marines... they end up breaking up... so I spent the next couple months really getting into shape.

So, i get confident enough and worked up the courage to have a serious conversation also... she was very flattered and said that if I had come to her sooner, we probably would have hooked up, but LAST NIGHT, her and Danny were gonna get back together...

I waited like 60-70 days, she was free, but my 17 year old self just didn't have the nuts. She was almost 19.

You have to close the deal. Just have a serious conversation, and tell her that you are losing weight and getting in shape, because you want to be a better man for her. And that you really care about her.

Tell that you will stop peaking at mens crotches, and that all of your gay schtick will be retired.

I have to tell you something Clayton... you either need to get laid or get stoned. Maybe both.

LMAO Marijuana in your brain
Takes more time to ejaculate

BigRock
07-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Daphne is so 90's. These days it's "a Pam".

teedubya
07-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Ah yes, Marla <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-0" style="background-color: Yellow; color: black;">Koehn</layer>... like a 19 year old Goldie Hawn, except she had more wit and less ditz.

Demonpenz
07-05-2008, 12:57 AM
You are going to live 60 years. 30 of them will be sexual. Roll big and say what you want and don't leave anything behind because you will be dead before you know it. No regrets

RNR
07-05-2008, 01:02 AM
You are going to live 60 years. 30 of them will be sexual. Roll big and say what you want and don't leave anything behind because you will be dead before you know it. No regrets

Stabler said it best "Live fast play hard and go deep"

teedubya
07-05-2008, 01:04 AM
**** Kenny Stabler.

Ugly Duck
07-05-2008, 01:39 AM
I got shot down plenty but I never wondered what if...

There ya go... getting shot down beats pining for years & years... and thats the worst case scenario when you sack up. Anything's better than suffering heartache year after year while developing callouses on your palms.

Smed1065
07-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Idiot, welcome to life. Ass

Skip Towne
07-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Drive around and around her house and see what develops.

Kerberos
07-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Daphne is so 90's. These days it's "a Pam".

Daphne Zuniga????

I refer to the hit TV show "Frasier," in which Niles Crane lusted after, found himself infatuated with and eventually fell in love with Daphne Moon, his brother's housekeeper.

Niles kept his feelings about Daphne hidden for seven seasons, until it was finally revealed to her by a hopped-up-on-pills Frasier Crane. She reciprocated and they dumped their SOs for each other.

I ask because I have a Daphne. Of eight years. I fear she will be forever beyond my reach no matter what I do, barring becoming a rich and famous celebrity. I'm too afraid to tell her how I feel, fearing her reaction and how it might change our relationship. More than anything else though, I'm scared it'll be a pointless waste of time and just make me feel like an utter fool.

Anyway, the point is - have you ever pined silently for someone for years and years? Did you ever reveal your feelings? When? How did they react? How did you feel after doing it and receiving their reaction.

I feel pretty stupid even posting this thread. But I can't stop thinking about her. And jerking it doesn't help.

Daphne Zuniga?? Isn't she a little past your years buddy?? :D

Although still Dooable of course. :thumb:

Kerberos
07-05-2008, 07:22 AM

Too answer your question without sarcasm YES I did lust after a woman for years as we were best friends. We did finally hook up and it was strange for her because we were better friends than lovers. I wanted her in that way so it wasn't as strange for me. In fact I can't remember a better time in the sack with any woman since. We are still friends BTW.

Point here is that if she feels you are a friend and wants to keep that as your staple then you may be f***ed and not in a good way.

Dude jerking it for someone like that ONLY makes it worse. You can completely see how stalkers come into thier own. It's how you react is what makes the difference between being infatuated or being a stalker. Know the difference.

blueballs
07-05-2008, 08:50 AM
associating yourself with Niles Crane
just set back your workout gains
WWLJD -LJ would have nailed that bitch

RNR
07-05-2008, 08:55 AM
associating yourself with Niles Crane
just set back your workout gains
WWLJD -LJ would have nailed that bitch

And then punched her a real hero :rolleyes:

milkman
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Blowup dolls almost always say yes.
Stop pining for her, and blow her up.

teedubya
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/scooby_doo_2/105.jpg

Ugly Duck
07-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Blowup dolls almost always say yes.

http://www.prankplace.com/images/inflatamates/partysheepwhite.jpg

Phobia
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I ask because I have a Daphne.

Actually, she's not your Daphne until she reciprocates. Until then she's just your creepy crush.

Skip Towne
07-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Actually, she's not your Daphne until she reciprocates. Until then she's just your creepy crush.

Probably everybody's Daphne.

Rausch
07-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Don't bother.

Back before he burned most of his bridges there were a fistful of people who gave him honest advice and tried to help him with different things. Didn't really do any good.

Besides, at this point you're just entertainment to him. Every now and again he gets bored, uses his or a dupe handle, then gets everyone all riled up in a 6+ page thread. He gets off pulling people's strings.

He figures himself a "Cyber-Ben" (Ben, from LOST) without all the cool toys and kick-assery...

Hammock Parties
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Every now and again he gets bored, uses his or a dupe handle..

Dude, I have no dupes...

Rausch
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Dude, I have no dupes...

You just admitted to having 2 on a thread the other night. Not that I've seen you use either of them lately.

Hammock Parties
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
You just admitted to having 2 on a thread the other night. Not that I've seen you use either of them lately.

Both were inactive for years before DaFace activated them the other day. I don't have "functional" dupes. I'm into that crap anymore.

Smed1065
07-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Both were inactive for years before DaFace activated them the other day. I have "functional" dupes. I'm into that crap anymore.

?