PDA

View Full Version : Royals joey gathright

Mama Hip Rockets
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
did anybody see the royals highlights on baseball tonight? joey gathright bunted a ball, and i don't know if he thought it was foul or what, but he started throwing a tantrum instead of running to first base. in the mean time, he was thrown out at first base after the ball landed in fair territory. if he would have used the only baseball skill he possesses (speed), he would have been safe.

what a loser. why is he in the major leagues? even worse, why is he getting so much playing time? :banghead:

Demonpenz
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
He thought the ball was going to be caught the catcher let the ball drop for the DP. baseball IQ the size of a walnut

Mama Hip Rockets
07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
He thought the ball was going to be caught the catcher let the ball drop for the DP. baseball IQ the size of a walnut

ok, i only got one glance at it and i couldn't tell if it was a popup or if it bounced. either way, you gotta run that out, especially if you have his speed.

DeezNutz
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Does Gathright practice slapping a pitch directly into the dirt and making it pop up 40 feet in the air? If so, he deserves praise because this is his most effective weapon.

BWillie
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I haven't figured out why any pitcher uses any other pitch than the inside fastball to Gathright. That's all you have to do everytime, and he would bat .089. Just throw as hard as you can to the inside of the plate, and he will go down every single time.

Sure-Oz
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I just saw the highlight, gathright being a dumbshit and moping and we got ****ed....add to his worthlessness

petegz28
07-08-2008, 06:18 AM
running out plays is a problem for this team, not just Gathright.

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm pretty much done with the Joey Gathright experience...........as well as Teahen, Buck, Pena and Gobble - a bunch of 27/28 yr olds that have proven they are mediocre, at best.

petegz28
07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm pretty much done with the Joey Gathright experience...........as well as Teahen, Buck, Pena and Gobble - a bunch of 27/28 yr olds that have proven they are mediocre, at best.

I really like them all but I agree....they are nice enough guys but we need to get better talent. Teahen and Buck just cannot be consistent otherwise they would be great.

DaKCMan AP
07-08-2008, 08:01 AM
You're welcome & thanks for JP Howell!

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
You're welcome & thanks for JP Howell!

why is an admitted bandwagon fan saying "you're welcome" as if he is part of the rays organization? lame.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Does Gathright practice slapping a pitch directly into the dirt and making it pop up 40 feet in the air? If so, he deserves praise because this is his most effective weapon.

well he gets out an awful lot on that play, so i wouldn't say it is a weapon.

DaKCMan AP
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
why is an admitted bandwagon fan saying "you're welcome" as if he is part of the rays organization? lame.

I moved to Tampa 14 months ago. I became a Rays fan when I moved here and have been to several games (including last year, when they were the worst team in baseball). If the Rays still sucked then I wouldn't be considered a bandwagoner. Lame.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I moved to Tampa 14 months ago. I became a Rays fan when I moved here and have been to several games (including last year, when they were the worst team in baseball). If the Rays still sucked then I wouldn't be considered a bandwagoner. Lame.

going to several games in 14 months does not make you part of the organization.

DaKCMan AP
07-08-2008, 08:23 AM
going to several games in 14 months does not make you part of the organization.

Please do tell maker of rules, unless you are employed by an organization, at what point does it become ok to use "we", "us", etc. when referring to a team you follow?

DeezNutz
07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
well he gets out an awful lot on that play, so i wouldn't say it is a weapon.

Check your sarcasm meter.

At the plate, Pena and Gathright are blood related. How the latter is hitting around .250 is an amazing accomplishment, seriously. I have no idea how he's doing it.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Please do tell maker of rules, unless you are employed by an organization, at what point does it become ok to use "we", "us", etc. when referring to a team you follow?

i personally never do.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Check your sarcasm meter.

At the plate, Pena and Gathright are blood related. How the latter is hitting around .250 is an amazing accomplishment, seriously. I have no idea how he's doing it.

i have no idea either. it seems like he started the season out pretty well. i remember when some of us were talking about not letting dejesus play when he was injured, because gathright was too good to let dejesus take his spot.

now it seems like gathright hasn't got a hit for about 2 months, other than when he beats out on occasional bouncer to the left side.

DaKCMan AP
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
i personally never do.

Well, I've made an investment (time & money) in the team and therefore feel some little semblance of ownership. If that bothers you, too bad. :p